Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,357 members, 7,888,132 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:08 PM

Without The Illegal Allowances, These Are What Your Senators, Reps Earn - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Without The Illegal Allowances, These Are What Your Senators, Reps Earn (422 Views)

Outcome Of Meeting Between President And Southeast Senators / Allowances Of An China Elevator Accent / Legalise The Illegal Refineries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Without The Illegal Allowances, These Are What Your Senators, Reps Earn by Ptimes: 4:52pm On Aug 18, 2015
Going by the remuneration approved for them by the Revenue Mobilisation, Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC) formula, the annual take-home (excluding estacode, Duty Tour Allowance (DTA) and some sundry allowances which they are paid as necessary), of each of the 360 members of the House of Representatives is estimated at N18.26 million.

Each of the 109 senators earn a bit higher, pocketing N19.66 million each a year, PREMIUM TIMES analysis shows.

Additionally, each senator collects N1.01 million for his domestic staff, while each member of the House of Representatives collects N1million. Apart from this, each senator gets N202, 640 as Newspapers/Periodicals allowance.

Based on the approved pay schedule, N1.4billion is spent on the lawmakers as furniture allowance annually, while their car loan stands at N2.34billion.

With these figures, the 360 members of the House of Representatives gulp N6.58 billion from the nation’s treasury as total allowances and salaries, while the 109 Senators will cost the nation N2.14 billion.

Together, the National Assembly will cost the country a total sum of N8.72 billion as allowances and salaries.
see more......
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/188571-without-the-illegal-allowances-these-are-what-your-senators-reps-earn.html
Re: Without The Illegal Allowances, These Are What Your Senators, Reps Earn by segsxpendable(m): 5:23pm On Aug 18, 2015
hmm...na wa oo

(1) (Reply)

Can Anyone Help Me With Guardian Newspaper Of 27/09/2014 / I Endowment And Said You Know I've Never Really Ha / How Do I Upload More Than Multiple Images To A Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.