Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,110 members, 7,880,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:21 PM

(surprised)infinx Phones!! Google Supported Android One Project - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / (surprised)infinx Phones!! Google Supported Android One Project (2413 Views)

Infinix To Launch Note 5 With Stylus Under Android One Project / I Want To Buy A 4g Supported Android Phone / MTN New Data Plan For Android One Phones - N500 For 1GB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(surprised)infinx Phones!! Google Supported Android One Project by kazzonline: 7:14pm On Aug 18, 2015
Source: gsmarena!! I was surprised!!!!

Today Google has announced that the Android One program has entered a new continent: Africa. So far, the company's affordable smartphone initiative has been contained to certain Asian markets.
However, with the Infinix Hot 2 handset, Android One will debut in Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Egypt, and Morocco. These countries have combined populations of 379 million people. Infinix, Google's partner this time around, is apparently "one of the hottest, fastest growing smartphone brands in Africa".

The Infinix Hot 2 comes with a 5-inch 720p touchscreen, an 8 MP rear camera with LED flash, a 2 MP selfie snapper, a 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek processor, 16GB of storage, dual-SIM support, an FM radio, and a 2,200 mAh battery. There's a version with 1GB of RAM, and this is offered in black, white, red, or blue, and another with 2GB of RAM, which is only out in gold.

The smartphone runs Android 5.1.1 Lollipop from the get-go, and it's also guaranteed to receive an update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow at some point in the future.
The Hot 2 is available today in Nigeria for NGN 17,500 (with 1GB of RAM) or NGN 19,500 (with 2GB of RAM). These prices currently translate into $87 and $97, respectively (or €79 and €88). The device will make its way to the other African countries mentioned above "over the next few weeks", presumably with similar pricing

http://www.gsmarena.com/google_takes_android_one_to_africa_with_the_87_infinix_hot_2-news-13600.php
Re: (surprised)infinx Phones!! Google Supported Android One Project by kazzonline: 7:17pm On Aug 18, 2015
Re: (surprised)infinx Phones!! Google Supported Android One Project by Youngpo413: 7:36pm On Aug 18, 2015
This is unbelievable,I repeat unbelievable!
Re: (surprised)infinx Phones!! Google Supported Android One Project by dasphinx1(m): 7:38pm On Aug 18, 2015
Wow!!!! Infinix finally got themselves on Western media, thanks to Google and AndroidOne project. Now, Android Mashmallow is guaranteed. Smart business move infinix; smart wink
Re: (surprised)infinx Phones!! Google Supported Android One Project by Youngpo413: 7:40pm On Aug 18, 2015
The first time NIGERIA is mentioned on Gsmarena...kudos to infinix!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: (surprised)infinx Phones!! Google Supported Android One Project by Youngpo413: 7:42pm On Aug 18, 2015
dasphinx1:
Wow!!!! Infinix finally got themselves on Western media, thanks to Google and AndroidOne project. Now, Android Mashmallow is guaranteed. Smart business move infinix; smart wink
I dey tell you,true true,hard work pays,I wasn't their fan,but I'm having a rethink.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: (surprised)infinx Phones!! Google Supported Android One Project by dasphinx1(m): 7:46pm On Aug 18, 2015
Youngpo413:
I dey tell you,true true,hard work pays,I wasn't their fan,but I'm having a rethink.

I feel you bro.... Infinix has really surprised me.... Kudos Infinix!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: (surprised)infinx Phones!! Google Supported Android One Project by kazzonline: 7:47pm On Aug 18, 2015
Youngpo413:
The first time NIGERIA is mentioned on Gsmarena...kudos to infinix!

Hahhaaaaaa you are wrong bro!! Remember the time when bbm first laucnhed on android?u know it was launched in connection with samsung,there was one guy supersanusi that leaked the news,then they mentioned nigeria and many oda times as well.
Re: (surprised)infinx Phones!! Google Supported Android One Project by kazzonline: 7:48pm On Aug 18, 2015
My opinion,tbisbisbwot infinx shld hav used to sell there products,using the googke connection,people would hav taken them even more serz than oda chinese phone manufacturers! Well am still very surprised sha
Re: (surprised)infinx Phones!! Google Supported Android One Project by TechLector: 9:15pm On Aug 18, 2015
TechLector:
The rumors about the upcoming Infinix Smartphone with a 16 GB ROM + 2 GB RAM which is also tagged as #TheHOTtestOne has been revealed as real when Infinix Mobility announced the release of Infinix HOT 2 (x510). The new Infinix HOT 2 is regarded as a re-mastered version of the old Infinix HOT thereby making it a big brother to the Infinix HOT. The HOT 2 comes in handy with some great specs and features that make it unique and awesome. Honestly, the new device came as a surprise to everyone. It now seems that Infinix Mobility had been doing great in the mobile market than any other brand in the country – there is almost no month that this Smartphone Company will not release a new device for its users.

The Infinix HOT 2 retains the 1.3GHz Quad-Core processor sported on the Infinix HOT, but with the 2GB RAM that should make things run more smoothly. The HOT 2 comes with promising Android 5.0 (Lollipop) which is seen as another big upgrade from the old HOT.

source: http://techlector.com/infinix-hot-2-x510-with-16gb-rom-2gb-ram-announced-see-specs-features-price/

awesome
Re: (surprised)infinx Phones!! Google Supported Android One Project by Glowstone(m): 10:47pm On Aug 18, 2015
I no understand
Re: (surprised)infinx Phones!! Google Supported Android One Project by dustmalik: 12:44am On Aug 19, 2015
Do all 'Android One' devices run pure Android OS? I mean, without modifications from the OEMs, like the Nexus devices?
Re: (surprised)infinx Phones!! Google Supported Android One Project by 3rdlegxxx(m): 9:35pm On Aug 23, 2015
kazzonline:
My opinion,tbisbisbwot infinx shld hav used to sell there products,using the googke connection,people would hav taken them even more serz than oda chinese phone manufacturers! Well am still very surprised sha

bros they can't use what they didn't have, they just partnered now and that is why they are now able to talk about it.
Re: (surprised)infinx Phones!! Google Supported Android One Project by 3rdlegxxx(m): 9:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
Thumbs Up! Infinix crew.

(1) (Reply)

Chinese Invent Clone Of Iphone 7 - 4gb RAM, 258gb Internal Memory, Android M. / MTN Wiped My Data 10GB Data / Phone Bought From Jumia But Not Working After Few Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.