Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,722 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:14 AM

Buhari Orders Probe On How Isis Leader Got Nigerian Visa - Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders Probe On How Isis Leader Got Nigerian Visa - Vanguard (920 Views)

Dalung's Meeting With Militants: Buhari Orders Probe - New Telegraph / US Cancels Three Reps’ Visas Over Sex Scandal, Dogara Orders Probe / Buhari Orders Probe On How ISIS Leader Got Nigerian Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Orders Probe On How Isis Leader Got Nigerian Visa - Vanguard by Emperorone(m): 8:58pm On Aug 18, 2015
By Ben Agande, Abuja
The Nigerian government has ordered a full
investigation into how a wanted terrorist was
granted Nigerian Visa in Lebanon to visit the
country.
An official of the Nigerian Ministry of Foreign
affairs told Vanguard in Abuja, Tuesday evening,
that President Muhammadu Buhari has directed
the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to investigate the
circumstances surrounding the issuance of Visa
to the wanted terrorist who has been on the
wanted list of several governments.
It would be recalled that a radical Muslim cleric,
Ahmad al-Assir was arrested by Lebanese
authorities as he attempted to leave Lebanon to
Nigeria via Cairo.
He was said to have arrested while attempting to
travel with a fake Palestinian passport with a
valid Nigerian Visa at the Beirut’s Rafik Hariri
International Airport early Saturday, August 15,
2015 in Lebanon.
According to the official of the ministry of
foreign affairs who spoke with Vanguard on the
condition of anonymity, the ministry of foreign
affairs has been directed to explain how the
wanted terrorist was able to get Nigerian Visa.
“The reported arrest of the wanted terrorist is a
huge embarrassment to Nigeria and the
President has directed that the matter should be
investigated. The embassy in Lebanon has been
directed to furnish the ministry with details of
how the man got the visa. The National
Intelligence Agency Officer has been directed to
provide details of what happened” the officer
said.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/buhari-orders-probe-on-how-isis-leader-got-nigerian-visa/#sthash.LYOeFPiG.dpuf
Re: Buhari Orders Probe On How Isis Leader Got Nigerian Visa - Vanguard by Emekamex(m): 9:01pm On Aug 18, 2015
Buhari probing with no end result since 1814.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders Probe On How Isis Leader Got Nigerian Visa - Vanguard by natas22: 9:02pm On Aug 18, 2015
I love this man always taking the bull by its horn barely 48 hours he acted quickly.

My God keep my sai buhari for the next 8 years

Amen

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Probe On How Isis Leader Got Nigerian Visa - Vanguard by Brightology2(m): 9:02pm On Aug 18, 2015
Too many tins to b investigated bt none has yield any fruit.

The nigeria ambassedor 2 lebanon shld kn abt d visa given 2 d wanted terrorist. Northern agenda i must say
Re: Buhari Orders Probe On How Isis Leader Got Nigerian Visa - Vanguard by flaminReed: 9:06pm On Aug 18, 2015
Mysterious
Re: Buhari Orders Probe On How Isis Leader Got Nigerian Visa - Vanguard by midolian(m): 9:07pm On Aug 18, 2015
Emekamex:
you ll see the end results this year( 2015).. And when you see them, pls don't wail.
Re: Buhari Orders Probe On How Isis Leader Got Nigerian Visa - Vanguard by Olamipapa(m): 9:09pm On Aug 18, 2015
Probe! Probe!! Probe!!!
Re: Buhari Orders Probe On How Isis Leader Got Nigerian Visa - Vanguard by ice25(f): 9:11pm On Aug 18, 2015
Commander IN Chief Of The Probe Forces

most Broom wavers go don tire for this man, no project started or commissioned since Pa Buhari waka come..... only promises and probe....

How probe wan help common man?

papa I hail thee

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Probe On How Isis Leader Got Nigerian Visa - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 18, 2015
Emekamex:

The man seems confused to me but he's just playing to the gallery anyway. grin
Re: Buhari Orders Probe On How Isis Leader Got Nigerian Visa - Vanguard by PrinceZahzah(m): 9:16pm On Aug 18, 2015
I don't know wat to say. lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari Orders Probe On How Isis Leader Got Nigerian Visa - Vanguard by otabuko(m): 9:24pm On Aug 18, 2015
First tenure is for probing, second tenure is f9r working! Am i right?
Re: Buhari Orders Probe On How Isis Leader Got Nigerian Visa - Vanguard by dayo23(f): 9:25pm On Aug 18, 2015
Okay
Re: Buhari Orders Probe On How Isis Leader Got Nigerian Visa - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 18, 2015
No need to probe. Ask Oshiomole and he will tell you that it was Gej who gave the terrorist visa. Afterall, Oshiomole said he took $78 million loan because Gej squandered money.
Re: Buhari Orders Probe On How Isis Leader Got Nigerian Visa - Vanguard by Syphax(m): 9:48pm On Aug 18, 2015
Buhari should ask the Nigerian ambassador to Lebanon,they are all muslims.I won't be surprised if they find out he was given a visa on the order of the ambassador.
Re: Buhari Orders Probe On How Isis Leader Got Nigerian Visa - Vanguard by dokiOloye(m): 9:48pm On Aug 18, 2015
I can bet on d fact that nothing will come out of this probe.
Cos it will be found out that it was 1 senior abokki that facilitated d visa.
And ofcos,case will close.
Re: Buhari Orders Probe On How Isis Leader Got Nigerian Visa - Vanguard by tellwisdom: 9:49pm On Aug 18, 2015
Close down the embassy there. angry
Re: Buhari Orders Probe On How Isis Leader Got Nigerian Visa - Vanguard by tomakint: 9:58pm On Aug 18, 2015
midolian:
you ll see the end results this year( 2015).. And when you see them, pls don't wail.
For once think like a man! If I may ask, what do you take Buhari to be? A god? You need to start thinking..........
Re: Buhari Orders Probe On How Isis Leader Got Nigerian Visa - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 18, 2015
Probe season. Baba please we need you to also order the probe on why Ashawo come Scarce for Ugbague Street Benin City.
Re: Buhari Orders Probe On How Isis Leader Got Nigerian Visa - Vanguard by onomeasike: 10:12pm On Aug 18, 2015
Apparently because he used a fake Palestinian passport ofcourse.

Emphasis should be to find out if the Nigerian embassy had the capacity to detect such fake application documents, why did he chose Nigeria and if it has to do with our Boko headache,how many of such category of high risk people have already escaped to Nigeria
Re: Buhari Orders Probe On How Isis Leader Got Nigerian Visa - Vanguard by nationwide1(m): 10:43pm On Aug 18, 2015
The investigation is good but I think Buhari won't use his whole tenure investigating and probing.

The common man in the streets expects more than that from him.
Re: Buhari Orders Probe On How Isis Leader Got Nigerian Visa - Vanguard by ahaz: 11:11pm On Aug 18, 2015
flaminReed:
Mysterious
my brother are you surprised?you better not be.I have always said d northernas will kill dis country in the name of religon,watch and see.

(1) (Reply)

We’ll Defeat Fayose Without Federal Might- Ex- Speaker / Where Merit Is Not A Prerequisite, Northerners Are Deemed Competent / Osinbajo Unveils Buhari’s Economic Blueprint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.