Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,952 members, 7,973,283 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 12:59 PM

Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL (16020 Views)

Corruption: BUHARI gives EFCC Go Ahead to Probe JONATHAN / Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers / Probe Jonathan, Be Fair, PDP Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by DonHummer(m): 8:52am On Aug 19, 2015
This our presidents name will soon change to Williams, his own I will is too much
still praying for him to perform though..we need him to

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by eleko1: 8:52am On Aug 19, 2015
cool in support of the probe.any fool can kal itt witch hunting,May tthat witch remove una brain

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by Fellywood(m): 8:53am On Aug 19, 2015
egift:
Funny how PDP looted Nigeria for 16yrs and still get angry that we want to investigate all the criminal activities that happened. Ride Mr. President.
These same "PDP" is NOW the St. APC remember...

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by shaddoww: 8:56am On Aug 19, 2015
No matter how he tries not to extend his probe beyond Jonathan's government, it's not just possible dat it won't get to OBJ, atleast it wasn't GEJ dat sold Nitel first n I remember Atiku was even in-charge of privatization den

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by philips70(m): 8:56am On Aug 19, 2015
What reasonable people who are not party biased should be happy about in all of this is the whole probe thing is a very good development to this country.

Now, anybody in government will know that one day some other government will come who will work with this same template to look into all they have done in the past. It will surely not be business as usual anymore.
Anybody who is opposed to whatever is going on at the moment is purely an enemy of progress and have moral standards in the region of sub sub zero.

Nigeria must surely come out of the doldrums.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by chi4ik4(m): 8:57am On Aug 19, 2015
this Buhari is so clueless! y do he like chasing shadow? upon all the prob prob & prob has he achieved anything? chai, Nigeria will perish for lack of knowledgeable Leader......

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by mmsen: 8:58am On Aug 19, 2015
Was it not his friend in Kaduna who oversaw the sale of NITEL?
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by Missonas(f): 8:59am On Aug 19, 2015
Finally! Good news for my popz and his colleagues. They shud also look into the non payment of pension that accrues to them
Atiku and Obj have a whole to answer!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by goryorhal(m): 8:59am On Aug 19, 2015
chesterlee:
Probe Probe Probe....Everyday!

How would this affect the life of a common
Nigerian?

Buhari should face his promises...before his tenure ends in probing.

$1 - N1
Daily food for primary school students
N40 fuel
N5000 for unemployed Nigerians etc

Guy why your blood dey hot ??
Stop being lazy .. Go and work .. Abi you won tell me say work no dey again ? You dey find free food to chop .. Go and work and stop waiting for PmB to provide food for you . Lazy tool

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by braine(m): 9:00am On Aug 19, 2015
jidxin:

I can see how smart you are.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by goryorhal(m): 9:02am On Aug 19, 2015
chi4ik4:
this Buhari is so clueless! y do he like chasing shadow? upon all the prob prob & prob has he achieved anything? chai, Nigeria will perish for lack of knowledgeable Leader......

U r suffering from Dyslexia...
Na so you think say probing dey easy ?
How you take pass waec self ? I dey sure say them buy special center for you ..
Smh

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by experimentist: 9:02am On Aug 19, 2015
probe anything probable Mr President, God punish wailers yansh.. barcanista shine my teeth grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by DollyParton1(f): 9:03am On Aug 19, 2015
Haven't they been selling Nitel/Mtel from the days of Obasanjo. Start from obj's administration first.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by 400billionman: 9:04am On Aug 19, 2015
Noise maker.

Continue making noise

Nigerians want to see the dividends of democracy, goods roads, public transportation, trains, steady power supply not endless probes..
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:06am On Aug 19, 2015
Long before now, in an essay written by Festus Keyamo, he listed names of companies sold and how the amount paid was far below their worth.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by marldean(m): 9:10am On Aug 19, 2015
Probing everywhere
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by Dazlinga: 9:13am On Aug 19, 2015
I beg your pardon, una dey Naija self? Was it GEJ regime that sold Nitel? Na wafor una oh...

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by Olaolufred(m): 9:15am On Aug 19, 2015
coldsummer:
Jonathan came and he was setting up committees,

Buhari is here and he's probing.

Each administration has its own peculiarity.

Please probe and return our dignity and restore hope in Nigeria.

PS: [color=#770077]Abeg baba change our international. passport colour. Biko.
[/color]

The value of our International passport is in the People.

When we change our mind set, thougts pattern, level of responsibility to ourselves, our neighbor and Nation. etc

The passport value will change.

Change the colour is a mere waste of money.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by GreatEngineer(m): 9:16am On Aug 19, 2015
The probe this and probe that is rather getting too much.
Just bring out one result of all these probe that has been ordered.

Abi are we just probing without result and conviction.

With all these probe Jonathan this and probe Jonathan that, Jonathan suppose to be in kirikiri by now or the probe is only on the pages of news papers.

I know some people will say it takes time, then why not do your investigation silently and announce it when you have evidence to put Jonathan in kirikiri.
Jonathan is busy enjoying himself while some people are busy probing him on the pages of news papers.

Just fulfill the least of your campaign promises and I will hail you.

Feeding of primary school pupils
N5000 payment to unemployed graduate

Don't bother about 1N = 1$ because I know it was a slipped of tongue then.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by luvprince4real(m): 9:18am On Aug 19, 2015
egift:
Funny how PDP looted Nigeria for 16yrs and still get angry that we want to investigate all the criminal activities that happened. Ride Mr. President.
and who ar d "WE"? My frnd no dey gv urslf unnecesary recognition
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by Obynolee(f): 9:21am On Aug 19, 2015
SWAGGAVILLAGE:
President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered investigation into the sale of Nigerian Telecommunications, NITEL, and Mobile Telecommunications, MTEL, under the administration of ex-president Goodluck Jonathan.

The telecom company was sold for $252m to NATCOM consortium in December 2014.

Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Communication and Technology, told State House Correspondents on Tuesday after briefing the President Buhari that the president had directed him to raise a memo on the whole transaction to ascertain if there were any underhand dealings.

The official also disclosed that President Buhari expressed worry over the quality of service rendered by the telecom operators in Nigeria.

He said: “The President was concerned about the liquidation of NITEL. He is not opposed to its privatization but he wants to know and he want us to bring a memo on how the whole transaction was undertaken so that he would know whether Nigeria was shortchanged.

“The President was concerned by the quality of service of telecom operators. The President is very concerned about the whole issue of privatization that is hindering the investments in ICT infrastructure, and he will personally champion this. The President talked about the potentials of the ICT sector in generating employment.”

http://dailypost.ng/2015/08/18/buhari-to-probe-jonathans-sale-of-nitelmtel

APC should understand that they are now in power and should stop properganda and demonization of Jonathan, Nitel and Mtel was not sold by Jonathan's administration but Obasanjo.
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by bejeria101(m): 9:41am On Aug 19, 2015
If gej sold nitel,what did obj do? Rent it out? Awön ode

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by hollarwaley: 9:45am On Aug 19, 2015
chesterlee:
Probe Probe Probe....Everyday!

How would this affect the life of a common
Nigerian?

Buhari should face his promises...before his tenure ends in probing.

$1 - N1
Daily food for primary school students
N40 fuel
N5000 for unemployed Nigerians etc

common sense not common

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by Lyndylove: 9:45am On Aug 19, 2015
Its not about probing. Its about the outcome of the probe
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by khayc(m): 9:47am On Aug 19, 2015
Make the OP try get sense na,at least when you see headlines that dont depict proper info you edit it and post.how would you let someone say Jonathan sold nitel!? You people should fear God o!!!! and go back to your history books.i am ashamed and disappointed that the OP would let this be on front page misinforming people .God forbid!!,with all thy getting get sense

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by chikatest(f): 9:55am On Aug 19, 2015
For dose dat does not have time for dem selves am here to bring ur watches hand chains any kind of jewelry to ur door step jst hala me
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by meek2stylee(m): 9:57am On Aug 19, 2015
in as much as i support d probe of my hero GEJ it is because i want him to be vindicated,,give us result all these i will and no one yet in the nets is becoming a child's play,,,ask urself is this what we are goin to be presented with at the end of 4yrs? we are cleaning up the mess of the past administration,,,,,make policies and goal oriented moves while doin the probing,,,,and all we do is shout ye ride on probe every probable,,,,,is that y u voted for them or to deliver a better state of nation
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by ehiwarior: 10:08am On Aug 19, 2015
i just hope he will achieve some thing out of this.....he has been probing since may abeegggiiii
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by Rexology: 10:08am On Aug 19, 2015
Mtel and some % (if not 100%)of Government stake on Nitel was sold by OBJ.
Re: Buhari To Probe Jonathan’s Sale Of NITEL/MTEL by BekeeBuAgbara: 10:13am On Aug 19, 2015
OBJ sold NITEL/MTEL not Jonathan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fashola Inspects National Meter Test Station In Lagos (Photos) / Nigeria To Receive Free Wifi From Google; Aftermath Of Vice President Osinbajo's / NDLEA Arrests Drug Dealer, Intercepts Cocaine, Meth, Illicit Substances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.