Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,331 members, 7,888,065 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:34 PM

Seize The Moment - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seize The Moment (341 Views)

What's Your Best Moment In Church? / Today, I Seize Being A Christian!! / That Moment In Church When You Dance Like King David. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Seize The Moment by adeademolaa(m): 11:07am On Aug 19, 2015
SEIZE THE MOMENT
#Today #Matters

Joan Baez once quipped '' You don't get to choose how you are going to die or when. You can only decide how you are going to live. Now.'
We have no doubt to be great in life. The feeling of how our future will turn out to be fills our heart with pleasant joy. We look forward to it with all anticipation and eagerness. But arn't we missing something? I thought dreams are not what makes us sleeps at night but what makes us lose our sleep. Why have we neglected the power of today thinking that tomorrow is all that count?
John Maxwell noted three reasons why we have never grasp what we want in life. These include:
Overexaggerating Yesterday.
Overestimating Tomorrow.
And Underestimating Today.''
Fair enough,we missed the point that (Now) is the future we expected. Until we change our thought from ''there is still time'' to '' now is all've got.'' Until we realize the power of Now (moment) and seize it, we can't astound the world.
Why do I have to seize the moment? Its quite simple. Because you wouldn't want to get to the end of your life and find that you just lived the lenght of it. You want to have lived the width of it as well.
Peyton Manning said it well in his words ''I never left the field saying I could have done more to get ready.''
Fulfilment comes only when you are prepared. The future becomes a reality only when you make every bit of air in your lungs count, by saying to yourself that ''TODAY MATTERS.''
Here are some tips to help you seize the moment:
SEIZE THE MOMENT; LIVE ON PURPOSE:
Every moment of our life should be spent on fulfilling the purpose at wish we are created. Just as MLK said ''a man who hasn't found something to die for isn't fit to live.''

SEIZE THE MOMENT: SEIZE YOUR MORNING:
The first few minutes of our morning determines how the rest of the day will turn out to be. Morning set on setting goals and praying through will change your entire day.

SEIZE THE MOMENT; MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
Steve Jobs (founder of Apple computers) said in hs word '' For the past 33 years, i have looked in the mirror every moring and asked myself: ''If today were the last day of my life, would i want to do what I am about o do today?'' And whenever the answer has been ''No'' for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.''
Take each day and moment as it comes and MAKE IT A MASTERPIECE. In it, always find an excuse to do the right thing.

SEIZE THE MOMENT ;TAKE THE RISK:
''The tragedy of life is not that man loses, but that he almost wins.'' said Haywood Brain. Take a chance. All life is a chance. The man who goes farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare. Dare to love, without expecting anything in return, decide to no longer sit back with a victim mentality, but to take charge of your life and make positive changes.

SEIZE THE MOMENT; THINK THANK:
These are the motto of the ungrateful 'Too little too late, too much too soon.' The question you need to answer here is '' Do you take things for granted or take them with gratitude?. Be thankful,and say thankful words, to God and men. Therefore, count your blessings; don't discount them. A man once once said ''Lord you have given me everything I asked for, but this last thing I desire from You, GIVE ME A GRATEFUL HEART''.

Lastly,we can only disappoint the graveyard when we live every moment of our life to the fullest. Only when we seize the moment which is NOW.

Writer
Sayo Ademola.

(1) (Reply)

Keep A Song In Your Heart / Motivated For Commitment / God Will Show Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.