Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,079 members, 7,890,580 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:16 PM

[OFFICIAL] Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Drops 54% In One Year - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / [OFFICIAL] Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Drops 54% In One Year (990 Views)

Cameroon Residents Repel Boko Haram Attack, Chase Terrorists Into Nigeria.Photos / Customs Seizes Senator’s 13 Cars Smuggled Into Nigeria / Buhari Moves To Block Influx Of Foreign Construction Workers Into Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[OFFICIAL] Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Drops 54% In One Year by eneanya2: 12:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
The National Bureau of Statistics released its data on Capital Importation into Nigeria for the second quarter of 2015 showing Nigeria attracted a total capital importation of N2.6 trillion basically unchanged from the N2.67 trillion released in the first quarter 2015.

However, the total investment into Nigeria dropped 54% when compared to the N5.8 trillion recorded a year earlier.

As expected, Foreign Portfolio Investments (FPI) made up about 69% of total inflows into the country at N1.8 trillion. FPI inflows also dropped 53% from the N3.8 trillion recorded same period in 2014.
Read more at: http://nairametrics.com/official-foreign-investments-into-nigeria-drops-54-in-one-year/

Re: [OFFICIAL] Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Drops 54% In One Year by kenny987(f): 12:40pm On Aug 20, 2015
Expected! Especially when the country is being run the way it is. First quarter might have been understandable because of the apprehension of election outcomes but sustained reduction can only be because of the manifest lack of direction the current leadership is exhibiting. We don't even make appointments in line with the law anymore and someone puts it down to an oversight!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: [OFFICIAL] Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Drops 54% In One Year by eneanya2: 12:48pm On Aug 20, 2015
Without any minister, the country has no direction....the economy is declining generally....An average Nigerian cannot even boast of 3 square meals anymore.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: [OFFICIAL] Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Drops 54% In One Year by tobtap: 1:50pm On Aug 20, 2015
EYAAA
Re: [OFFICIAL] Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Drops 54% In One Year by erunz(m): 1:54pm On Aug 20, 2015
WHO WILL INVEST IN AN ECONOMY WITHOUT VISION, TELL ME ONE GOOD POLICY FROM THIS GOVERNMENT. ALL WE HEAR IS PROBE! PROBE!! PROBE!!! WITHOUT PROSECUTION. WE KNOW THE CHANGE APC WAS COMING WITH IS REGRESSIVE CHANGE ANYWAY

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: [OFFICIAL] Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Drops 54% In One Year by doyinisaac(m): 2:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
eneanya2:
Without any minister, the country has no direction....the economy is declining generally....An average Nigerian cannot even boast of 3 square meals anymore.
and all this started when buhari came In??please if you want to criticize criticize with honesty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: [OFFICIAL] Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Drops 54% In One Year by doyinisaac(m): 2:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
erunz:
WHO WILL INVEST IN AN ECONOMY WITHOUT VISION, TELL ME ONE GOOD POLICY FROM THIS GOVERNMENT. ALL WE HEAR IS PROBE! PROBE!! PROBE!!! WITHOUT PROSECUTION. WE KNOW THE CHANGE APC WAS COMING WITH IS REGRESSIVE CHANGE ANYWAY
it is not all about policy!!!!na implementation we Nigerians need....all we do in this country is create policies but do we implement it??NO!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: [OFFICIAL] Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Drops 54% In One Year by Dbboy(m): 2:17pm On Aug 20, 2015
for the change chanters what do you have to say. APC are packs of losers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: [OFFICIAL] Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Drops 54% In One Year by appini: 2:21pm On Aug 20, 2015
The old soldier that cannot even manage his cattle business... Nigerians have not seen anything yet.

1 Like

Re: [OFFICIAL] Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Drops 54% In One Year by eneanya2: 2:59pm On Aug 20, 2015
doyinisaac:
and all this started when buhari came In??please if you want to criticize criticize with honesty

someone has to be blamed for all the hardship, and PMB not having leaders(ministers) in the various sectors on the economy is a big issue.

1 Like

Re: [OFFICIAL] Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Drops 54% In One Year by ichoku: 3:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
We know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: [OFFICIAL] Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Drops 54% In One Year by eneanya2: 3:22pm On Aug 20, 2015
I believe and hope change will come even though it a bit slow now. Though am not in support of the large rate of northern appointments so far, cos i am a believer of true federalism as well as equality. I believe he would spread his appointments in the future sha.
Re: [OFFICIAL] Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Drops 54% In One Year by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
Change chanters come see this backward change ooo.
Buhari: I will hit the ground running immediately

Ozin: Now he has truly hit the ground but decided to sit there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: [OFFICIAL] Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Drops 54% In One Year by eneanya2: 4:31pm On Aug 20, 2015
Ozin:
Change chanters come see this backward change ooo.
Buhari: I will hit the ground running immediately

Ozin: Now he has truly hit the ground but decided to sit there
Lol!!! Politicians sha....
Re: [OFFICIAL] Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Drops 54% In One Year by dani3(m): 4:36pm On Aug 20, 2015
that's change for you...we have been scammed.
Re: [OFFICIAL] Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Drops 54% In One Year by ZKOSOSO(m): 5:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
OP forgot to add the biggest Buhari's foreign direct investor- ISIS Leader from Lebanon!!

He was coming to invest in the REAListic sector of our ECONOMY!! Boko Haram!!

APC baggage still have more negative surprises!!

Welcome to Witchcraft Broom CHANGE!!
Re: [OFFICIAL] Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Drops 54% In One Year by baralatie(m): 5:22pm On Aug 20, 2015
kenny987:
Expected! Especially when the country is being run the way it is. First quarter might have been understandable because of the apprehension of election outcomes but sustained reduction can only be because of the manifest lack of direction the current leadership is exhibiting. We don't even make appointments in line with the law anymore and someone puts it down to an oversight!
Re: [OFFICIAL] Foreign Investments Into Nigeria Drops 54% In One Year by baralatie(m): 5:25pm On Aug 20, 2015
eneanya2:
I believe and hope change will come even though it a bit slow now. Though am not in support of the large rate of northern appointments so far, cos i am a believer of true federalism as well as equality. I believe he would spread his appointments in the future sha.
straight from PMB
He said "95% for consideration to 5% consideration is his moto from his heart,head and soul".
what remain well......................

(1) (Reply)

JOURNALISM IS NOT A CRIME : FREE Chris Kehinde Nwandu / Dir. Nnamdi Kanu Of Radiobiafra, Not Yet Released! / Robert Mugabe Loses His Balance And Nearly Falls On Stage In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.