Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,699 members, 7,941,671 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 11:10 AM

Tunde Fowler Set To Be Named FIRS chairman - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunde Fowler Set To Be Named FIRS chairman (16983 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Osinbajo With Tunde Fowler / 70% Of June Allocation From Non-oil Sector – FIRS Chairman Tunde Fowler / Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tunde Fowler Set To Be Named FIRS chairman by Passingshit(m): 5:51pm On Aug 20, 2015
TS2:

Wait bros, is there a cash prize for the person who opens a thread? Why are you taking it this p?
Nothing
Re: Tunde Fowler Set To Be Named FIRS chairman by spenca: 5:51pm On Aug 20, 2015
Laredojohn:

even if i did , u should have buttressed your news with a source or link ....u could mail the mods or seun if u feel cheated . shikena

I don't , it's not about whatever you think it's about ,am only happy we got the Job
Re: Tunde Fowler Set To Be Named FIRS chairman by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 20, 2015
kudos
Re: Tunde Fowler Set To Be Named FIRS chairman by insecticide: 6:01pm On Aug 20, 2015
RickRichards:
I just hope he's as loyal as his famous brother Robbie. grin
is he Robbie Fowler's brother....
cheesy
Re: Tunde Fowler Set To Be Named FIRS chairman by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 20, 2015
insecticide:

is he Robbie Fowler's brother....
cheesy
Yes. They're blood brothers.
Re: Tunde Fowler Set To Be Named FIRS chairman by Laid2001: 6:32pm On Aug 20, 2015
This is a perfect fit for the change coming. We should sit back and experience a quatum increase in internally generated revenue of the FGN. This guy is one of the brains behind the manifold increase in the Lagos state IGR from a paltry 600million naira per month to 20billion per month as at 2014.

Many mumu will say that Alpha bitta charges are too much but would you rather have N0.6Bil without them as opposed t0 N20bil after charges!.

Abeg, Alpha Beta have earned the money they charge the Lagos state government.
Re: Tunde Fowler Set To Be Named FIRS chairman by philips70(m): 7:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
Firefire:

SMH undecided

Am sorry if you not happy with that but I suggest you tone down your subjectivity. Your obsession with Tinubu is alarming.
Re: Tunde Fowler Set To Be Named FIRS chairman by Firefire(m): 7:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
philips70:

Am sorry if you not happy with that but I suggest you tone down your subjectivity. Your obsession with Tinubu is alarming.

I will never rest until I see justice prevail.

All looters of our common wealth MUST RETURN IT! (1999 - 2015)
Re: Tunde Fowler Set To Be Named FIRS chairman by philips70(m): 7:39pm On Aug 20, 2015
Firefire:

I will never rest until I see justice prevail.

All looters of our common wealth MUST RETURN IT! (1999 - 2015)

Am on same page with you on this. But as for ABC, that's purely business. Another looting angle can be hung on him as much as I care.
Re: Tunde Fowler Set To Be Named FIRS chairman by Firefire(m): 7:47pm On Aug 20, 2015
philips70:

Am on same page with you on this. But as for ABC, that's purely business. Another looting angle can be hung on him as much as I care.

ABC could be doing business, but we must address the issue of conflict of interest on the part of BAT.

ABC contract was signed when BAT governs Lagos. How transparent was the process then? Why did BRF challenged the contractual agreement if no compromise ?

Hence, ABC was frudulent setup, and it must return the excesses.

E&OE
Re: Tunde Fowler Set To Be Named FIRS chairman by StOla: 8:05pm On Aug 20, 2015
Firefire:

ABC could be doing business, but we must address the issue of conflict of interest on the part of BAT.

ABC contract was signed when BAT governs Lagos. How transparent was the process then? Why did BRF challenged the contractual agreement if no compromise ?

E&OE

Did ABC do its job or not?

Whatever agreement was signed makes it lawful income.

They are motivated to do their job knowing they get a percentage. They consult for a lot of state governments including PDP states who are no friends of Tinubu.

Apart from beer parlour gossips, nobody has established any links between Tinubu and the firm.

As for Fowler, his antecedents shows he is the best fit for the job. We now need to wait to see if he lives up to expectations.
Re: Tunde Fowler Set To Be Named FIRS chairman by philips70(m): 8:06pm On Aug 20, 2015
Firefire:

E&OE

Most times the things we read on the media are so politically mixed up that it's difficult to tell what's real from what's fake. Especially the speculations. Is it the same Fashola that so defended ABC in this debate?

And for your info they started consulting for Lagos after BAT left office.

http://www..com/talk/topic,62041.0.html
Re: Tunde Fowler Set To Be Named FIRS chairman by mapet: 8:25pm On Aug 20, 2015
I also wanted to correct that as well. It was Olusola Adekanla that consulted when Tinubu was governor
philips70:

Most times the things we read on the media are so politically mixed up that it's difficult to tell what's real from what's fake. Especially the speculations. Is it the same Fashola that so defended ABC in this debate?

http://www..com/talk/topic,62041.0.html

And for your info they started consulting for Lagos after BAT left office.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Fowler Set To Be Named FIRS chairman by sleekspy: 6:49am On Aug 21, 2015
Another big move by Jagagban very impressive. #fakechange.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Fowler Set To Be Named FIRS chairman by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 21, 2015
Demdem:
This appointment will make perfect sense.

Because he is a Yoruba man like you and Tinubu money boy undecided undecided undecided
Re: Tunde Fowler Set To Be Named FIRS chairman by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 21, 2015
Demdem:

He has been appointed. Excellent development. Good one from the General.

Yorubatic hediot make sure you dont mingle with the affairs of Rivers state any more.
Re: Tunde Fowler Set To Be Named FIRS chairman by Demdem(m): 8:24am On Aug 21, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

Yorubatic hediot make sure you dont mingle with the affairs of Rivers state any more.

Fool, u arent making sense.
Re: Tunde Fowler Set To Be Named FIRS chairman by Demdem(m): 8:25am On Aug 21, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

Because he is a Yoruba man like you and Tinubu money boy undecided undecided undecided

Fool, because his antecedents of working towards increase IGR for Lagos a micros om of Nigeria is well known. This is what Nigeria needs today.
Re: Tunde Fowler Set To Be Named FIRS chairman by Manchelsea(m): 3:01pm On Aug 26, 2015
Wow... Another big win, congratulations to all our members. We have experienced 3 straight win within the last 3 days. Join us on www.90minutesprediction.com and win big...for free
Re: Tunde Fowler Set To Be Named FIRS chairman by laudate: 4:23pm On Aug 26, 2015
Laid2001:
This is a perfect fit for the change coming. We should sit back and experience a quatum increase in internally generated revenue of the FGN. This guy is one of the brains behind the manifold increase in the Lagos state IGR from a paltry 600million naira per month to 20billion per month as at 2014.

Many mumu will say that Alpha bitta charges are too much but would you rather have N0.6Bil without them as opposed t0 N20bil after charges!.

Abeg, Alpha Beta have earned the money they charge the Lagos state government.

Please do not say what you do not know!! What did Alpha Beta do? And how much tax did Alpha Beta themselves pay to the state govt on income earned from the so-called services they offered?

How come with all the so-called work they did a high percentage of the Lagos State revenue still ends up in Tinubu's pocket?? shocked
Re: Tunde Fowler Set To Be Named FIRS chairman by laudate: 4:24pm On Aug 26, 2015
Demdem:

what else do u want from FIRS if not that. i care less about other peeps views. am attending to u because u keep quoting me. stay clear.

Na God I take beg you... don't bring FIRS into this issue! Many of our tax officials are soulless, clueless, greedy neanderthals whose sole aim is to cripple a business, especially if such a business is an SME. shocked shocked

Their criteria for tax assessment is as changeable as the weather. And a lot of them are so corrupt, that it is mind boggling! angry

Thanks to the antics of tax officials in Lagos, a lot of businesses have closed down and moved to Ogun State, next door.

Fowler was obviously appointed to head FIRS in order to replicate the Alpha beta nonsense they did in Lagos.
Re: Tunde Fowler Set To Be Named FIRS chairman by olawalepopoola: 4:32pm On Aug 26, 2015
tunkuns:
Another Northerner
When has Tunde become an Hausa name and have ever heard northerners bearing Fowler or Williams! Get sense
Re: Tunde Fowler Set To Be Named FIRS chairman by laudate: 4:43pm On Aug 26, 2015
This Alpha Beta issue has been dragging on for a long time.

Just read excerpts from this article:

Lagos State Finances and Alpha Beta Ltd
By Seyi Olu Awofeso

Lagos state finances continue to nag curious Lagos residents, especially after a federal Senate investigation in 2011 returned a verdict of Lagos’ indebtedness of $460 million – equivalent to half as much again of the state’s yearly financial revenue, excluding other gross liabilities on the back of the over-expansion of the size of Lagos government with huge future consequences on the state’s pension bills.

Taking a cue, and sensing a cover-up, a Lagos resident (Dr. Ademola Dominic) petitioned the Lagos State government directly on the 24th of October 2012, asking for a disclosure of public accounts as pertain the tax consultancy fee the Lagos State government pays out monthly to a private company named Alpha Beta Consulting Limited.

Dr. Dominic, as Petitor, invoked the Freedom of Information Act and demanded as follows:-

· “I wish to know how the taxes, revenue, finances of the State accrue, are managed, and disbursed in Lagos State and do hereby apply, to you, by yourselves, agents, servants etc. to access and request to be made available to me by you, all information, CTC’s of Files, records, Contract Agreements/Documents, in respect of the said Contract/Agreement entered into between the Government of Lagos State and, the Company, Alpha Beta Consulting Limited, mandating the Company to assess and collect on behalf of the Government all Taxes and Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) due, payable and paid by the Government and its agencies and all the commissions due, payable and paid by the government to the Company and received by the Company since the announcement of the Contract/Agreement for my perusal and scrutiny pursuant to Section 2, 3(3)m, o, 5, 6, 7, 9, & 10 of the Provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 2011 (F.O.I) as Replicated/Domesticated in Lagos State of Nigeria. My request is basically to let me know the monthly returns of the taxes and Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) generated, accrued, collected and paid to the Government and commissions received from Government or its agencies by the Company since inception of the contract”.

According to Dr. Dominic’s petition for account, “the Government of Lagos State boasts of internally generated revenue of about N40 billion every month; translating into a commission of N6 Billion being paid to Alpha Beta Consulting Ltd, also every month, which sum i consider unfavourable and outrageous to me as a tax payer and Citizen of Lagos State”.

In public eyes, the offending company - Alpha Beta (Consulting) Limited – is putatively owned by Alhaji Bola Tinubu - the past Lagos Governor – who’d handpicked Raji Fashola in 2007 as the Action Congress governorship candidate in Lagos by riding roughshod over the party’s constitution's requirement for a sensible primary election.

In his proxy reply to Dr. Dominic, dated November 5th, 2012, Raji Fashola treated Dr. Dominic’s petition as the occasion to return the personal compliments for his sly preferment by Bola Tinubu.

Here is how. In a reply cutting close to the bone, the Lagos State government tersely told Dr. Dominic that his petition for accounts would not be answered and no Alpha Beta Limited invoices or payment vouchers will be disclosed. It was so dismissively written by the Lagos State Ministry of Justice and signed by Olanrewaju Akinsola - a Special Senior Assistant on Justice Sector Reforms in the Office of the Attorney-General.

In terms, that November 5th reply letter conveyed Lagos State’s stance to treat Lagos finances as personal funds rather than as usufructuary asset that it is.

To back its refusal, Raji Fashola’s government declared in its reply letter to Dr. Dominic’s petition that Nigeria’s Freedom of Information Act does not apply to Raji Fashola’s government in Lagos because the right to public information is a law made by the National Assembly in Abuja, without any effect in Lagos State, since the Lagos House of Assembly did not enact it.

Shorn of all intellectual pretence to “true federalism” that Raji Fashola queerly but defensively invoked, the long and the short of it is that Lagos State residents are pointed told they have no right to know the revenue and expenditure accounts of their government under Raji Fashola’s government.

In effect, and for the first time in Nigerian history, an elected government declares non-accountability as its governing principle by readying to brazen out the direr consequences
. http://saharareporters.com/2013/02/03/lagos-state-finances-and-alpha-beta-ltd-seyi-olu-awofeso

Why is the state government till date scared of disclosing the total amount expended annually on Alpha Beta from the time they were engaged until now?? shocked

There are more details about Alpha Beta here: https://www.nairaland.com/1126430/tinubu-fashola-alpha-beta-taxation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Group Blast Ex Gov. Udom Emmanuel For Seeking Tinubu's Attention After Insult / Strike: Organised Labour Has Not Committed Any Offence, Falana Tells AFG / Top 5 Nigerian Philanthropists Inspiring Youth Entrepreneurship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.