Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,006 members, 7,970,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 08:05 PM

5 Self Defeating Thoughts Of Single Ladies... And Why You Should Stop - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 5 Self Defeating Thoughts Of Single Ladies... And Why You Should Stop (606 Views)

"Begging On Social Media Should Stop" - Yemi Alade Demands. / Tonto Dikeh Slams Tunde Ednut For Saying Nina Should Stop Using An Android Phone / Desmond Elliot On The Set Of 'Single Ladies' [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Self Defeating Thoughts Of Single Ladies... And Why You Should Stop by syfurian: 9:03pm On Aug 20, 2015
Over the past ten years, I always had a man by my side. I was always in a relationship.
I was in a relationship for eight years before my ex and I got engaged, then broke it off because of the distance—my ex’s reason.

Not long after that I got into a two-year relationship with a man who loved, yet cheated on me. It was a messy breakup.
So after ten years in relationships, I found myself alone.

I’m 31 and single!

Recently some questions have bounced around in mind: What happened to me during those years? What did I get, gain, achieve in these two relationships? Why am I now alone? What will I do? How do I do things by myself?
Now what? Where to start?

I started to panic, to hyperventilate—until I found this quote:
“Single is not a status. It is a word that describes a person who is strong enough to live and enjoy life without depending on others.”
Yes I am scared. I was so used to sharing everything. I was so used to having someone around.

But the reality is you are unique, and if you can’t enjoy being single, how can you enjoy being with someone else? And this is why you must do away with these self defeating thoughts at all cost
1. Everyone else is coupling up – i must be doing something wrong.
You will agree with me that being in love is not a competition that involves waiting to be picked. And if it’s not a competition, you don’t need to worry about what everyone else is doing.

Just because your girlfriends have found boyfriends or gotten engaged doesn’t make them better than you. It just means their time came and yours will come too and when it happens, it’ll be awesome.

2. All the good men are taken.
No, they’re not. Sure, it feels that way when you’re going on crappy date after crappy date but remember: it only takes one. And like the princess in the fairytale, you’re going to end up kissing a hell of a lot of frogs before you find him.

That’s not a bad thing — it’s just the way it works. The frogs are lessons; they teach you what you want/need and help you become ready when the right guy appears. So don’t get cynical. Be rest assured that there’s a fantastic guy out there who’s trudging through his share...continue here>>> http://www.syfur.org/2015/08/5-self-defeating-thoughts-of-single.html
Re: 5 Self Defeating Thoughts Of Single Ladies... And Why You Should Stop by Goddygee(m): 9:05pm On Aug 20, 2015
K, we dn hear
Re: 5 Self Defeating Thoughts Of Single Ladies... And Why You Should Stop by ojun50(m): 9:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
Hmmmmmm
Re: 5 Self Defeating Thoughts Of Single Ladies... And Why You Should Stop by iwriterng(m): 10:48am On Aug 21, 2015
Just in case this thread makes front page! I was here...

(1) (Reply)

Your Opinion: Is Olamide A Rapper Or Singer? / VIDEO: DJ Jimmy Jatt Ft. Olamide, Lil Kesh & Viktoh – Da Yan M / Chai, So This Is A Pastor In Aba (photo) Do You See Anything Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.