Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,685 members, 7,945,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 11:21 AM

Did I Make A Foolish Choice? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did I Make A Foolish Choice? (553 Views)

Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis / ‘it’s Foolish For Pastors To Ignore Police Protection’ / How Well Did I Understand Grace Before I Understood Grace? - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did I Make A Foolish Choice? by Osisie(m): 10:08am On Aug 21, 2015
This morning I needed to go to work. I had no transport fare. I needed #150. From Ikoyi to Lekki.
I asked a lady I know and she kindly gave me #200.

But as I entered the bus, the conductor somehow didn't ask me for the fare. At first, I was excited. Cos that meant I could use the money for food. But then I was worried it was a sin.

But, I held on to the money through out the journey while battling on the inside if I should give him or not.

I managed to convince myself that I was stealing from him. And cheating him too. And I wouldn't want someone to do same to me. Moreover, GOD could always provide for me, (HE has NEVER let me down actually).

So upon reaching my bus stop, I gave the money to the driver and requested my #50 balance which he gave me. I walked away feeling great.

I used the #50 to buy puff puff and as I was munching it down the road to my place of work, a guy(stranger) walked up to me and said he was going to work but needed transport fare of #50 or #100.

I told him I had nothing and he left. But it got me asking myself questions.

Was I wrong to have given the driver the money?
Cos I would have been able to help that guy if I hadn't.

Pls, Was It A Foolish Choice?
Was I the helper GOD was sending that guy?
Or is it a trick from satan to sell me a lie?

1 Like

Re: Did I Make A Foolish Choice? by chocolateme(f): 10:08am On Aug 21, 2015
No you did not make a wrong choice.
At first, u shouldn't have hesitated paying your t fare before paying. Believe that there is always a way for God to cater for his people.
One thing I know is that you wouldn't have given the stranger that money if u hadn't paid the t fare because you were thinking of breakfast.
But all things been good, u did well.
Re: Did I Make A Foolish Choice? by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 21, 2015
Will you be happy if someone give another person the money he ought to give you for the service you rendered to him? That's where your answer is, judge yourself
Re: Did I Make A Foolish Choice? by onweson(m): 12:13pm On Aug 21, 2015
Your decision was a wise one

1 Like

Re: Did I Make A Foolish Choice? by TheDauraMallam: 1:08pm On Aug 21, 2015
Op, what you did was right and just.

There is no God, (that I know of) and there is no devil.

Desist from such conclusions when being morally upright.

1 Like

Re: Did I Make A Foolish Choice? by keenn: 2:12pm On Aug 21, 2015
chocolateme:
No you did not make a wrong choice.
At first, u shouldn't have hesitated paying your t fare before paying. Believe that there is always a way for God to cater for his people.
One thing I know is that you wouldn't have given the stranger that money if u hadn't paid the t fare because you were thinking of breakfast.
But all things been good, u did well.

Who says a God still caters for people? Maybe he was once(if He exist) but not anymore. The chibok saga should kick this argument out of court.

A service was rendered to you and it is justifiable to pay for such services. Nevertheless, if am in a position of 'last cash at hand', I would rather talk nicely to the driver/conductor/co-passenger to assist with transport, don't forget they are reasonable people too.

(1) (Reply)

Christianity Is A Romance / My Fiance Hates The Doctrine Of My Church / Have U Touched Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.