Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,861 members, 7,889,877 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:28 PM

See Shocking Photos Of Teenage Girl Born With A Thousand Birthmarks - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See Shocking Photos Of Teenage Girl Born With A Thousand Birthmarks (2860 Views)

Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) / Teenage Girl ‘Resurrects' In Warri At Her Burial / Teenager Who Was Born With Hundreds Of Birthmarks Over Her Entire Body Embraces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Shocking Photos Of Teenage Girl Born With A Thousand Birthmarks by abat4real37(f): 5:05pm On Aug 21, 2015
19 year-old Ciera Swaringen, from Rockwell, North Carolina, was born with oversized mole-like marks covering more than two-thirds of her body, with the largest one stretching from her navel to her lower thighs.
She was diagnosed with Giant Congenital Melanocytic Nevus, a rare skin condition which affects around one in every 500,000 people in the world and poses a high risk of cancer development.
Despite constant bullying and cruel taunts from her peers over the years, Ciera has grown to embrace her condition and love herself for who she is.
“Teenage boys are usually the first ones to comment when they see me,”she said. ‘They say things like, ‘You look like you’re dirty, take a wash.”
“But I’m so proud to be different and, at the end of the day, we all have something about us that’s unusual, whether it’s on the inside or the outside.
“Everyone is born to look different, and we should all feel beautiful in our own skin,” She says
For the 19 year-old, removing her birthmarks has never been an option even though doctors say operating is not impossible.
This brave teen has continued to brush off negative comments from staring eyes, by staying strong and being true to herself with the love from her family and her new found friends on social media with peculiar skin conditions such as hers.
Ciera’s story is a reminder that we exceptionally beautiful in our different ways and in every condition we find ourselves be thankful.

Source:http://www.post-nigeria.com/see-shocking-photos-of-teenage-girl-born-with-a-thousand-birthmarks/

Re: See Shocking Photos Of Teenage Girl Born With A Thousand Birthmarks by MosakuAW(m): 5:08pm On Aug 21, 2015
Hmmmm!

Despite the not too pleasant a skin, she still keeps smiling.

She is really unique indeed, if na another teenager she would have commited suicide.

6 Likes

Re: See Shocking Photos Of Teenage Girl Born With A Thousand Birthmarks by Kenzico(m): 5:14pm On Aug 21, 2015
WTH!!
Re: See Shocking Photos Of Teenage Girl Born With A Thousand Birthmarks by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 21, 2015
Dermalotogists can help her.

1 Like

Re: See Shocking Photos Of Teenage Girl Born With A Thousand Birthmarks by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 21, 2015
48noble:
She was burnt by d gods in her village...
a very foolish comment, no offence.

3 Likes

Re: See Shocking Photos Of Teenage Girl Born With A Thousand Birthmarks by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 21, 2015
She seems not to be disturbed by her looks and thats good.a lesson to many as well but i disagree with her exposing her body.

3 Likes

Re: See Shocking Photos Of Teenage Girl Born With A Thousand Birthmarks by 48noble(m): 5:24pm On Aug 21, 2015
firstEVA:

A very stu.p.id remark no bones undecided
Re: See Shocking Photos Of Teenage Girl Born With A Thousand Birthmarks by abat4real37(f): 5:28pm On Aug 21, 2015
firstEVA:
Re: See Shocking Photos Of Teenage Girl Born With A Thousand Birthmarks by abat4real37(f): 5:28pm On Aug 21, 2015
firstEVA:
I agree with you
Re: See Shocking Photos Of Teenage Girl Born With A Thousand Birthmarks by therealdeal10: 5:35pm On Aug 21, 2015
Eeyahh sad

It must b rili hard 4 her
TnkGod she's strong enough 2 handle it
#saynotobullies
Re: See Shocking Photos Of Teenage Girl Born With A Thousand Birthmarks by mankan2k7(m): 5:49pm On Aug 21, 2015
querry the mother

Meanwhile, pregnant women stop walking in the sun to avoid this kind of children.
Re: See Shocking Photos Of Teenage Girl Born With A Thousand Birthmarks by afolwalex20(m): 9:10pm On Aug 21, 2015
I don't even know what to type...
Re: See Shocking Photos Of Teenage Girl Born With A Thousand Birthmarks by abdulaz: 10:35pm On Aug 21, 2015
How are we sure this is not a medical condition.
firstEVA:
MosakuAW:

Hmmmm!
Despite the not too pleasant a skin, she still keeps smiling.
She is really unique indeed, if na another teenager she would have commited suicide.
Re: See Shocking Photos Of Teenage Girl Born With A Thousand Birthmarks by timilehing(m): 5:32am On Aug 22, 2015
Maybe, just maybe both her parent were drunk in Orijin before doing it grin
Re: See Shocking Photos Of Teenage Girl Born With A Thousand Birthmarks by Pidggin(f): 8:33am On Aug 22, 2015
It seems her parents did a good job, her self-image is still intact. Amazing girl smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Shocking Photos Of Teenage Girl Born With A Thousand Birthmarks by thorpido(m): 8:57am On Aug 22, 2015
It's good she has a good self-image.It must really be hard.I once saw a Nigerian girl with something similar.
Re: See Shocking Photos Of Teenage Girl Born With A Thousand Birthmarks by kandiikane(m): 12:17pm On Aug 22, 2015
firstEVA:

It's too large.
Re: See Shocking Photos Of Teenage Girl Born With A Thousand Birthmarks by LilyWellspring: 2:23pm On May 12, 2016
I hate people's prejudice about birthmarks. I don't have any, but my daughter has one on her face and is already suffering from unwanted attention (though she is ony a two-year-old). I think that if she asked me to remove it when she's olde I would do it.

(1) (Reply)

House For Sale At Ibadan!! / Get A Wrinkle-free Skin With These Lovely Home Remedies / Me And My Wife Fought

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.