Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,359 members, 7,940,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 03:25 AM

Telling ''good Lies'' Is It A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Telling ''good Lies'' Is It A Sin? (556 Views)

Redeemed Pastor Burnt Maid's Buttocks For Telling Lies (Photos) / Is Sport Betting A Sin? / Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Telling ''good Lies'' Is It A Sin? by Samfigo1(m): 8:10pm On Aug 21, 2015
Goodday everyone, I want us to meditate on this.

What do I mean by good lies?? A good lie is an intentional false statement which is being told in order to rescue someone from danger which might lead to death. Take note of the bolded words, those words make it a good lie.
Let me tell you this story before going into the scripture.
There was a youngman who people were chasing massively with different clubs in their hands, luckily for this guy he saw a house which the entry door was widely opened he ran in and hid under the bed, the owner of the house who was a widow saw this man, she went out to see what was chasing the man, lo and behold, she saw a massive crowd with different clubs, when they requested she brought out the man, she said truely she saw the man but he had gone through the back door, that was how she saved the man! The massive crowd ran after nothing!

Biblically, where good lie was told is in Joshua 2:1-22, I beseech you read all the verses for better understanding.

Let me pin point some verses;
verse1; And Joshua the son of Nun sent out of Shittim two men to spy secretly, saying, Go view the land, even Jericho. And they went and came into an harlot's house, named Rahab, and lodged there.
Verse3; And the king of Jericho sent unto Rahab, saying, Bring forth the men that are come to thee, which are enteres into thine house: For they come to search all the country
verse4; And the woman took the two men, and hid them, and said thus, there came men unto me, but I wist not whence they were:
What a lie!That was how Rahab saved these men from death and in turn saved her household from death that was iminent because her house was spared.

My question is, Is it a sin to tell such a lie considering the fact that she was a harlot(sinner).? Which telling lie didn't change the fact that she was a sinner
Re: Telling ''good Lies'' Is It A Sin? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 21, 2015
Ibunkun ni fun Omo odo to fi ogbon se.
Re: Telling ''good Lies'' Is It A Sin? by RetroBoy: 8:20pm On Aug 21, 2015
"Thou shall not lie"
Re: Telling ''good Lies'' Is It A Sin? by Samfigo1(m): 8:33pm On Aug 21, 2015
RetroBoy:
"Thou shall not lie"
Had Rahab told the truth the men would be arrested and might get killed! That means Israelites wouldn't have taken over the land of Jericho!
Re: Telling ''good Lies'' Is It A Sin? by Weah96: 8:51pm On Aug 21, 2015
Taqiyya is permitted, just like it is in Islam. Christians Taqiyya me here everyday on NL.
Re: Telling ''good Lies'' Is It A Sin? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 21, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Ibunkun ni fun Omo odo to fi ogbon se.
Ori e ko ni baje ni 2015 yi
Re: Telling ''good Lies'' Is It A Sin? by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 22, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:
Ori e ko ni baje ni 2015 yi
Amin Baba mi

(1) (Reply)

I Was Saved From Armed Robber Attack. PHOTO / Im Married About To Get Divorced But In Love With A Deacon / Convenant Career And Business Breakthrough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.