Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,217 members, 7,963,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 03:09 AM

2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival (27545 Views)

First Class Yoruba Traditional Ruler Adopts Emir Regalia, Banishes Idols / Stop Using Mosques To Preach Hate - Sanusi / Holineness And Righteousness Revival Messages And Bible Verses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 21, 2015
Traditional rulers, preaching.

Wonders never cease.
Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 21, 2015
Somebady shout Hallelujah...!
Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by chiedu7: 10:12pm On Aug 21, 2015
neocortex:

Keep deceiving yourself.

why wont they be Christians?
Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by vickylala239: 10:12pm On Aug 21, 2015
Who said this is Nt masquerade?

Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by Immanueladebol(m): 10:14pm On Aug 21, 2015
Gejpresident:
Pooooo
No king in Nigeria except oba of benin
Oduduwa is from benin kingdom
God bless Christianity
God cause Islam
Oduduwa is frm benin abi..wherez d sauce?
Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by greggng: 10:18pm On Aug 21, 2015
Is a shame that such people will be allowed to preach before the children of God. Come to egeda and it environ and see how many dead bodies without head .their heads has been taken for the burial right of egbeda king. I couldn't believe how serious this their devilish culture called oro is untill I saw with my eyes when police were removing the dead bodies. This guys left their family in the morning unaware that their lifes will be cut short for the sake of a worthless king. God will hunt all those directly or indirectly responsible for the evil act. They will never ve peace from generation to generation. The church welcoming those kings is doomed.

3 Likes

Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by ibedun: 10:20pm On Aug 21, 2015
admax:
[b]It's a welcome development, we need more souls for Christ.

Looking around, you don't need to be told that Christ 2nd coming is very close.

Say this prayer of Salvation:

Dear God in heaven, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner, and I am sorry for my sins and the life that I have lived; I need your forgiveness.

I believe that your only begotten Son Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross at Calvary and died for my sins, and I am now willing to turn from my sin.

You said in Your Holy Word, Romans 10:9 that if we confess the Lord our God and believe in our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead, we shall be saved.

Right now I confess Jesus as the Lord of my soul. With my heart, I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead. This very moment I accept Jesus Christ as my own personal Savior and according to His Word, right now I am saved.

Thank you Jesus for your unlimited grace which has saved me from my sins. I thank you Jesus that your grace never leads to license, but rather it always leads to repentance. Therefore Lord Jesus transform my life so that I may bring glory and honor to you alone and not to myself.

Thank you Jesus for dying for me and giving me eternal life.
Amen.[/b]

Confused African people, thats why we are useless to the world. Jesus christ my foot.

2 Likes

Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by chiedu7: 10:21pm On Aug 21, 2015
ibedun:

Confused African people, thats why we are useless to the world. Jesus christ my foot.

No be your African religion that demands people die with the Oba's ?

So much for your african religions
Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by ibedun: 10:23pm On Aug 21, 2015
greggng:
Is a shame that such people will be allowed to preach before the children of God. Come to egeda and it environ and see how many dead bodies without head .their heads has been taken for the burial right of egbeda king. I couldn't believe how serious this their devilish culture called oro is untill I saw with my eyes when police were removing the dead bodies. This guys left their family in the morning unaware that their lifes will be cut short for the sake of a worthless king. God will hunt all those directly or indirectly responsible for the evil act. They will never ve peace from generation to generation. The church welcoming those kings is doomed.

Return to your place of origin if you are so against the culture abi dem force your papa to migrate to Egbeda angry

1 Like

Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by juliusjulius: 10:26pm On Aug 21, 2015
Hi nairalanders, I apologize for bothering you with my problems. I'm an extra year student of oau Ile-Ife, and I'm encountering problem in paying for the extra session. My dad is late and my mum is not bouyant enough to pay, I heard that late registration that will attract an extra fee of #2000 has already started. The fees is around #27,000 minus accomodation. I don't mind if it's a loan or if I have to work for it, I just want to have a university degree. Help me, I don't want to become a 'dropout'. Help me in becoming a better person. Life is about to deny me life, help in rescuing me. Thanks in anticipation.

Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 21, 2015
admax:

Dear God in heaven, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner, and I am sorry for my sins and the life that I have lived; I need your forgiveness.

I believe that your only begotten Son Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross at Calvary and died for my sins, and I am now willing to turn from my sin.

You said in Your Holy Word, Romans 10:9 that if we confess the Lord our God and believe in our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead, we shall be saved.

Right now I confess Jesus as the Lord of my soul. With my heart, I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead. This very moment I accept Jesus Christ as my own personal Savior and according to His Word, right now I am saved.

Thank you Jesus for your unlimited grace which has saved me from my sins. I thank you Jesus that your grace never leads to license, but rather it always leads to repentance. Therefore Lord Jesus transform my life so that I may bring glory and honor to you alone and not to myself.

Amen.[/b]
Nice one sir cool
Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by thorpido(m): 10:36pm On Aug 21, 2015
David in the bible was a king and a prophet.
Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by flemzyBrown: 10:37pm On Aug 21, 2015
kings preaching in de church? dia ris God
Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by Mufasa27(m): 10:59pm On Aug 21, 2015
So op you mean to tell me you don't know the first class monarchs we have in this country ?? As old as you are ? Its a shame !

1 Like

Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 21, 2015
black people
Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 21, 2015
did i read aright? preach in london while their people are mostly muslims and still bury oni with an abobaku? great. ha ha ha is it not funny how yoruba wan teach england christianity which england brought to the zoo but refuse to do same for their lost islamised brothers? well, NNAMDI KANU is a genius. this is why KUMUYI was stopped from holding his aba intended crusade.
Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by Nobody: 11:42pm On Aug 21, 2015
Most new generation churches and pastors in d west

Most diabolic native doctors and ritualists in d west

D connection is what i wonder sometimes
Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by 9jatatafo(m): 12:01am On Aug 22, 2015
I hope these preaching kings will get abobaku or Saarum
Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by DollyParton1(f): 12:13am On Aug 22, 2015
NoRetreat:
They should preach in their domains too.

Dr. Adedapo Tejuosho is actually an evangelist. He does evangelize in his domain.

1 Like

Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by opy002(m): 12:38am On Aug 22, 2015
Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by supereagle(m): 12:41am On Aug 22, 2015
saxywale:
Hypocrisy at its finest. They might as well renounce their crown for proper restitution while they are at it.

How many kings do we have in Abeokuta sef
Four Kings
1.Alake
2.Osiele of Okena
3.Olowu of Owu
4. Onigbagura of Gbagura
Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by Obascoetubi: 12:43am On Aug 22, 2015
mmmm
Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by AreaFada2: 1:43am On Aug 22, 2015
Immanueladebol:
Oduduwa is frm benin abi..wherez d sauce?

Well, well. The famous Benin-Ife controversy.

Problem is the guy you quoted cannot provide any scientific source BUT there is also no scientificc source of Oodua coming from Arabia all the way to one remote village in the rain forest called Ife. grin

But with time our great grandkids would deem the ancient Benin version more plausible. That he was a Benin prince (Ekaladerhan) banished from Benin. He only just escaped death. After resting around Owo, eventually made his way to Ife, entering from the East. Now, Owo is roughly 70 miles West of Benin and Ife is roughly 70 miles East of Owo. Upon being made ruler of Ile-Ife he declared: "Ima d'Oduwa".

Meaning "I didn't miss my destiny." This was corrupted to Ododuwa with time. Because as crown prince he was initially destined to be the Ogiso/Oba-Godo as Benin (Igodomigodo) kings were called then. Later on, it was discovered that the crown Prince had become ruler of Ife. Efforts to bring him back failed but he sent his son (Oranmiyan) after reassurance that he would be free from aristocratic intrigues there.

Although Oranmiyan later left, but he had left his son, who founded the Benin dynasty (as Oba Eweka I) that has continued by male premogeniture till today. Upon restoration of Benin monarchy in 1914 after demise of Oba Ovonramwen in Calabar, the crown Prince took the name Eweka II. Because he restored the monarchy like Oranmiyan's son had done back in about 1169 AD.

There could have been some embellishment here and there over the centuries, but the narrative is pretty consistent even when told by very old people without Western education.

The Yoruba version is very well known. But it has a lot more myths in it. In a scientific world, Ife/Yoruba historians need to come up with a better explanation. But my hope is that descendants of Benin & Ife Royal families will submit themselves to DNA test to see if there's any link. Especially as the tests become very advanced. If it happens in my life time, I will happily take part.

2 Likes

Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by RexTramadol1: 1:55am On Aug 22, 2015
Gejpresident:
Pooooo
No king in Nigeria except oba of benin
Oduduwa is from benin kingdom
God bless Christianity
God cause Islam

Dream on!

Even ur oba can't spew this trash!
Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by Nobody: 3:52am On Aug 22, 2015
supereagle:

Four Kings
1.Alake
2.Osiele of Okena
3.Olowu of Owu
4. Onigbagura of Gbagura
And they are all ruling over the same subjects
Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by Rexyl(m): 5:53am On Aug 22, 2015
The Lord reigns let the earth rejoice and the coasts tremble. Those kings are just testifying within their little capacity that God is good and his mercy endures forever, and that He is the Lord of lords and King of kings. Glory and honour be unto living and loving God we serve. He wants all people to come to Him and receive His salvation made possible by CHRIST JESUS.
Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by Rexyl(m): 6:00am On Aug 22, 2015
flemzyBrown:
kings preaching in de church?
dia ris God

thorpido:
David in the bible was a king and a prophet.

That's it, it shouldnt surprise people that God can use anyone to fulfill His glorious purpose in the earth.
Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by mistabiola: 6:27am On Aug 22, 2015
ALAYORMII:
WTF

We don't even know their villages and you call them first class kings.

First class ko

Business class ni

I wonder ooooooo
Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by alexvatt(m): 7:37am On Aug 22, 2015
ALAYORMII:
WTF

We don't even know their villages and you call them first class kings.
First class ko
Business class ni
osile oke ona is at abeokuta
Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by hamzyluv(m): 7:42am On Aug 22, 2015
admax:

Amen.[/b]
if Jesus dying for U .... no worry u go absent on the day of judgement/resurrection be that oooooo? sorry if I sound somehow ... I just don't clear of this dying , dying for our sins slogan in d church .. person go kill person tired . lol

2 Likes

Re: 2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival by waice6571: 7:47am On Aug 22, 2015
Jesus Christ is my Preist, my Prophet and my King even the kings on earth acknowledge it. Satan and his minions hear this tremble.
More blessing to the royal fathers.
One more thing sirs, we need village evangelism for total liberation of our land.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Accuses Rev Father Edeh Of Locking Him Up After Asking For His Wages. Photos / Canada Wonderland Park- Nairalander Experience: Pictures & Video / Pastor Steps On Church Member To Perform Deliverance - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.