Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,285 members, 7,881,065 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:46 AM

Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees (58934 Views)

Stroke Patient Dies In Lagos After Pastor Stopped Him From Taking Injection / Sex Of Baby In Benue Is Yet To Be Known Days After Delivery (Photos) / Quack Doctor Arrested In Lagos After 11 Years Practice (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by akuto: 9:25am On Aug 22, 2015
This was her first delivery and she went into labor at home. The doctor came in the dead of the night. He only went to help and the bad situation turned worse. I may not blame him.
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by scentmarlc(m): 9:26am On Aug 22, 2015
I seem to disagree with the first 10 posters for mythical reasons.

PROBABILITIES:

1. Its possible something went wrong with the woman/baby right before she went into labour
2. The situation on ground went beyond board and d doc couldn't do much as a result of the little time frame.
3. The doc's lack of the required specialty breached the baby's survival.
4. As a result of shock, the grandmother collapsed
5. The enormous effect of three dead bodies was too much for the doc to comprehend and that was when he fled or went somewher to examine the damage that has just been done.

These are just probable theories which might also be true.

So I completely disagree for those calling for doc's head at this stage!

2 Likes

Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:29am On Aug 22, 2015
modelmike7:
This is serious! May the souls of the departed Rest in Peace. It could be an act of God and nobody's fault.
I share your views.
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by san316(m): 9:29am On Aug 22, 2015
The doctor's life is over too.
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by pasol4real(m): 9:31am On Aug 22, 2015
May their souls Rip
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by jenie10(f): 9:35am On Aug 22, 2015
Wat a shockin news, may dia souls rest in peace
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by otswag(m): 9:40am On Aug 22, 2015
There's more to this story that hasn't been told
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by westwood55(m): 9:41am On Aug 22, 2015
Only God can judge
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by sandrahnaub(f): 9:50am On Aug 22, 2015
Mey dey all RIP and also d soul of my maternal grandmother who died 2day and d soul of my paternal grand mother who died 3 month ago...Mey dey all rest in peace cry
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by helpee(m): 9:59am On Aug 22, 2015
For all you know, the doctor might have gone there to certify dead bodies....maybe the woman and the baby were already dead while the grandma was taking the delivery, the fear might have caused the grandma to to eventually die when the doctor broke the news. Patient will never tell you the entire story....trust me on this

2 Likes

Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by Dindondin(m): 10:01am On Aug 22, 2015
abat4real37:
I doubt if the man is a doctor. May their soul rest in peace
this might be the case of home service gone wrong.
The Dr was probably persuaded to come and assist with the delivery when the woman went into labour at midnight.
Only God knows whether the woman has not been seeing signs of labour before midnight which she should v gone to hospital

1 Like

Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by Intendy: 10:10am On Aug 22, 2015
idgerrard:

http://www.punchng.com/feature/super-saturday-crime/doctor-flees-as-delivery-goes-awry-grandmother-mother-baby-die/

Pix: Edith and Elizabeth
this could have been averted if the pregnant mother was took to the hospital cause labour room will be different from visitors/reception room.
The so called doctor is at fault all in
all.
he's a non professional.

1 Like

Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by kenoz(m): 10:14am On Aug 22, 2015
Hmmmm !
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by enitey(f): 10:15am On Aug 22, 2015
Could be that he ran away out of fear o
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by ceejay80s(m): 10:17am On Aug 22, 2015
pyyxxaro:
Am sure the Doctor graduated from Yabatech tongue
Actually its yaba left
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 22, 2015
A lot of fake doctors around
God help us
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by pyyxxaro: 10:31am On Aug 22, 2015
ceejay80s:

Actually its yaba left

I forgot embarassed
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 22, 2015
Pidggin:
Doctor is a greedy goat, why not advise them to go to hospital for delivery? This is the worse that could happen and it did, RIP to all three.

Maternal mortality is not unusual in a 3rd world countries however there is no way this doctor wont go down for it.
He shouldn't have stoop so low taking delivery in patients home! Haba!
How much will they pay me?
I always advise my colleagues never act as a hero against standard etiquette of medical practice because by the time things goes out of hand, u will be ridiculed.
I dont even consult on phone or give out prescription via text for someone far away from my site. Every medical help am giving u must be documented in a hospital.
My mum and all my family members can tell u that I always advise them to visit the hospital if am far from them

5 Likes

Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by bibimummy(m): 10:36am On Aug 22, 2015
the doctor i believe must have done something that lead to their death
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 22, 2015
which kin thing be dis.
oh gosh!
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by adedayourt(m): 10:55am On Aug 22, 2015
modelmike7:
This is serious! May the souls of the departed Rest in Peace. It could be an act of God and nobody's fault.

My take here is most likely d Doc tuk d delivery at home we'r he's has no access to adequate facility, he cudnt control d situation.

But d law doesn't listen to dos shit. He acted unprofessional fr doin dis at home
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 22, 2015
bizie:

Just shut up if u have nothing reasonable to say. How can u call this an act of God? U don't read bible, yet u talk about God like u know him. Nonsense!!!!

Read Job 34:10 and James 1:13. It's impossible for God to do wicked things.
... Why are you mad and so st*pid?! Even if you want to correct someone in a godly way (of which you even misqouted me in the first place) you will do it in a right way, not in this way you are speaking like an area pig! As if you believe in God (my whole essence of living) more than i do! It is your type being talked about in the book of Proverb 26:4.
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by Juxtified(m): 11:09am On Aug 22, 2015
bigiyaro:
weda d family is intrested or not, 3 humans r dead n somebody gat to pay. Dis shold be Govt Vs d doctor, n nt d victims family
You're on point bro, wether the family's interested in pursuing the case or not does matter now, its a criminal case and should be pursued to its logical conclusion. Who knows, the family could even have a hand in the deaths.
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by Missmossy(f): 11:09am On Aug 22, 2015
Ewww!!!!

Evil doctor embarassed
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by Missmossy(f): 11:10am On Aug 22, 2015
Ewww!!!!

Evil doctor embarassed
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by Juxtified(m): 11:16am On Aug 22, 2015
oreos:

Is that what you were taught in medical school?
Yes sir, that's common sense, you don't have to go to medical school to know that there's nothing wrong in what he just said.
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by bigiyaro(m): 11:16am On Aug 22, 2015
Juxtified:

You're on point bro, wether the family's interested in pursuing the case or not does matter now, its a criminal case and should be pursued to its logical conclusion. Who knows, the family could even have a hand in the deaths.
sometimes am flabagasted by naija police, dats to say, i can kill any body dat has no family n go scotfree. I tire o.
Re: Grandmother, Mother, Baby Die In Lagos After Delivery, Doctor Flees by KunleBoye: 11:19am On Aug 22, 2015
Don't be too silly, does Yabatech offer any course in medicine and surgery?

Ode

pyyxxaro:
Am sure the Doctor graduated from Yabatech tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 New Coronavirus Cases In Nigeria. Total of 238 confirmed cases. 35 discharged / 100 Ladies Working For NGOs In Borno Impregnated And Infected With HIV / UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.