Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,156 members, 7,890,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:54 AM

Acting INEC Chairman Talks About Her Relationship With President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Acting INEC Chairman Talks About Her Relationship With President Buhari (518 Views)

Buhari Appoints Mahmud Yakubu As INEC Chairman / Why Buhari Rejected Wali As Acting INEC Chairman - PM News / Amina Zakari Acting INEC Chairman (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Acting INEC Chairman Talks About Her Relationship With President Buhari by DJBIGGY(m): 2:51pm On Aug 22, 2015
The acting chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Mrs. Amina Zakari in part of the preparation of the forthcoming elections to hold in Kogi and Bayelsa states, briefed journalists on their level of preparedness and a journalist asked her about the relationship she has with President Buhari. She used the opportunity to clear the air and this is what she had to say;
Is it true you have familial or marital relationship with President Buhari?
I would say Gen. Buhari did not appoint me as a commissioner; President Jonathan did. Before that, Gen. Obasanjo appointed me as a special assistant and I was posted to FCT where I was secretary for health, agriculture and social development at the same time. At the time President Jonathan came, he was looking for people that had integrity. That was what I was told, and I found myself in the commission and did my best. For somebody to now say Gen. Buhari knew me and gave me the job, obviously he knew I am a hard worker and he is a principled person. I have never known him for nepotism. He is a very principled person. Continue...

If there are familial ties, the principle would have rubbed off on that family. I come from a very principled family. My father survived two regimes that were jailing and sacking people, and he survived both. And for that, I don’t think I would do anything that would jeopardise that principle. I can’t say the general is my in-law. I am not married to his son and my daughter is not married to him. That is what I understand about being an in-law. But obviously, in life, you have acquaintances, people you have known. But I think people should not get distracted by this ‘family or no family’. Am I competent? Can I deliver? Can I conduct my affairs with integrity? The President’s message is for people to be honest and to have integrity. This is a statement he sent to me. ‘Don’t do anything against your principle.’ Already, I have that principle and I will maintain it.

http://www.olamzy.com/2015/08/acting-inec-chairman-talks-about-her.html

Re: Acting INEC Chairman Talks About Her Relationship With President Buhari by Mogidi: 2:51pm On Aug 22, 2015
Nepotism is when you appoint ya daughter to act as ref in an event you're competing in.
Re: Acting INEC Chairman Talks About Her Relationship With President Buhari by bigtt76(f): 2:53pm On Aug 22, 2015
And who was her father?
Re: Acting INEC Chairman Talks About Her Relationship With President Buhari by Mogidi: 2:54pm On Aug 22, 2015
bigtt76:
And who was her father?

Her father is Mohammed Buhari but not Muhammadu Buhari, see the difference?
Re: Acting INEC Chairman Talks About Her Relationship With President Buhari by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 22, 2015
E BE LIE SAY D GIRL GET SMALL BRAIN

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Road Users Battle For Space With A Herd Of Cattle In Abuja / Diezani Cheated Nigeria Over $15b In Oil Sale To India / Arewa Youths Commend Ambode For Nominating Northerner For Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.