Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,833 members, 7,872,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:20 PM

Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? (8724 Views)

Poll: Who will You choose?

Governor Bukola Saraki: 11% (16 votes)
Governor Raji Fashola: 88% (124 votes)
This poll has ended

Babatunde Raji Fashola Trends On Twitter Worldwide / Official Press Statement By Former Governor Raji Fashola On Website Allegations / President GEJ Vs Governor Amaechi: Who Rocked The Headphone Better? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by Emperoh(m): 4:31pm On May 05, 2009
MJJ
He has done nothing extra ordinary
We should stop this habit of praising people who do their duties
Is that how low we've descended? If he doesn't do them why then is he the governor and custodian of the state affairs?
Abeg make we hear word!!
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by Gettolove(m): 4:47pm On May 05, 2009
cry undecided embarassed
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by Gettolove(m): 4:50pm On May 05, 2009
sick sick sick sick sick sick, Is this argument neccessary at all
Sometimes i wonder how we reason and argue especially when there are no issues.

WHAT IS THE ISSUE HERE
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by rhamz: 5:06pm On May 05, 2009
how can u compare 8yrs to 700 days? how many pple have heard of wat Gov Bukola has done or is doing? how many pple visit kwara? wat is d basis of this comparism , try comparing Govs dat like propangada (we all knw them) Gov Fashola is not a politician and besides Nigeria is not ready for sumone like him in 2011 and beyond except if , lipsrsealed
If they both contest for the election conducted by dis same INEC with PDP at d federal level,Saraki will win even if nobody votes, grin.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by shawn123: 5:12pm On May 05, 2009
i do not think lagos should be compared with kwara state, it make me laugh out loud really. just like yaradua did a wonderfull job in katsina. it is so amazing what he did in katsina, same can be described as kwara if really bukola is doing something. but kwara and katsina are like villages compared to lagos state. kwara state, lol,
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by tkb417(m): 6:15pm On May 05, 2009
Fashola and Bukola?
Khaki no be leather.

Fashola leads by a billion miles
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by Jarus(m): 7:41pm On May 05, 2009
3. also in kwara institution where cultism in a thin of pride, it is during his 1st term he concered them and right kwara state can be proud of less cultism in its institutions if not finally eradicated.
This did not come to my mind. It's very true.
MJJ:

What has Bukola done concerning cultism?
If not any other thing I can attest to this. He tried a lot in this aspect. My siblings, cousins and friends had their tertiary education in Kwara(Unilorin,Kwara & Offa Polies & COEs) and the cultists held institutions in the state into ransom within the period 2002-2004, killing indiscriminately. A senior sec school mate of mine was also killed. The state turned into a war zone for those cultists. Bukola set up a special anti-cultist force, led by one Gbenga(nicknamed . . . oh can't remember). It yielded positive result as hundreds of cultists were arrested(to my shock, some of pry & sec schl friends had also joined cultism and were also arrested and detained)and the state was practically cleansed of cultism, although the guy was eventually assassinated.
This might not be an achievement compared to Fashola's infrastructural development in Lagos, just answering the guy that asked what Bukola did concerning cultism.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by kayality: 7:46pm On May 05, 2009
please  for  tkb417 and soadia2004

Please have u ever been to any other state if not please stop comment wrong things,on wat u don't see am from ilorin and i leave in ilorin bukola is doing great,please tell me is there any company in ilorin before but bukola dint it and others thing wat else do u wat him to do

haba haba haba cant u know how lagos is generating money, from many places and companies compare to ilorin no any place to generate money

Nairaland is good forum please don't  let just talk without really sure on wat u are saying please be sure before comment on anything because we really gaining something from here alot, take care my sister and brother no be quarrel
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by tpiah: 7:47pm On May 05, 2009
@ topic

THEY ARE NOT COMPETING. angry angry

last time I checked, Lagos is different from Kwara. angry
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by lawyer(m): 7:48pm On May 05, 2009
Nonsense!

I will neither vote for Fashola nor Saraki because they are non performers but i will definately vote for Fayose as President and Ibrahim Mantu as his Vice. He is the best Presdent Nigeria would ever have because he is just too much. Imagine Obama winning an argument over our future President. Impossible!!! grin

But on a more serious note, Fashola would wholesomely get my support. The man doesnt have time to think of political calculations like Tinubu. He is more interested in Getting the job done in a very civil and mordern way which i think Nigeria deserves now.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by Jarus(m): 7:53pm On May 05, 2009
lawyer:

Nonsense!

I will neither vote for Fashola nor Saraki because they are non performers but i will definately vote for Fayose as President and Ibrahim Mantu as his Vice. He is the best Presdent Nigeria would ever have because he is just too much. Imagine Obama winning an argument over our future President. Impossible!!! grin

But on a more serious note, Fashola would wholesomely get my support. T[b]he man doesnt have time to think of political calculations like Tinubu. He is more interested in Getting the job done in a very civil and mordern way which i think Nigeria deserves now. [/b]
To chip this in, the Fashola-Tinubu model is working for Lagos. Tinubu is doing the politics, Fashola is doing the administration. Tinubu leaves Fashola to face the business of governance while he does the politics, battling PDP. Other governors face both, and more concerned with politics.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by ladeeh09: 9:02pm On May 05, 2009
not really hot on fashola me thinks he is powerless as he does not make the important decisions but tinubu does what type of model for governance is that. undecided
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by 9ja4eva: 11:38pm On May 05, 2009
ladeeh09:

not really hot on fashola me thinks he is powerless as he does not make the important decisions but tinubu does what type of model for governance is that. undecided

Who cares who makes the decisions ? I don't care as far as the decisions work for the people of Lagos State,

Those who have the power what have they done with it?Absolutely nothing, other than dance to the tune

of those who made them powerful.Nigerians need to start thinking of "Radical Change" we need to vote for

those who can do the job.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by Kc0022000(m): 12:06am On May 06, 2009
The result of bad government since 1960 is what we read here. Nigerians can't think right due to the fact that we haven't experience any good government after the British left our soil. Bukky or Fashola are both elected or selected into office by the people to get the job done and * if * they are doing the job let them do it cos that is the reason why they are there. Other states governor should do the same, doing so Nigeria will move ahead into a better state where things work. People think right, cos both may not even deliver when being selected into Aso Rock. Who knows what they are doing right now is a show that should or could support there ambition for the ROCK HOUSE
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by baslone: 12:11am On May 06, 2009
Talking about accounting for a failed bank's money, y'all finding it
hard to differentiate between Bukola and Olusola. I spent my university
life in ilorin, went back there two years later and I felt like a stranger.

A lot of people don't like him because I heard it's only the state capital that has
changed that much without giving consideration to other towns(Ajase, Offa, etc).
I don't know how far this is true but in ilorin my eyes saw what I didn't see in my
whole six years in that town.

I think props should be given to the two of them. 98% of the governor's in our country
use their allocations contracting out boreholes and pasting useless 5 page adverts on
our dailies. Go to Oyo State(with their party freak,bling bling wearing governor) and Edo come back
and tell me what they have achieved in over 10 years.

Not withstanding, A lot of this nations problems are being determined by the Governor's Forum
headed by Bukky. More reason why even if Yar'adua spends 16years there, no ex-governor's(thieves)
case will ever come to an end(adjournment and others)}.

Bukky definitely has a say. Those crazy power brokers will never give AC a say.

They'll rather let Nigeria crash!!!!
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by Nobody: 1:22am On May 06, 2009
bilms:

bukola came to visit that project while i was there,

to my greatest suprise, he drove his car by himself, an one other car followed him. no noise, no one ever knew it could be the governor coming so simple,

he did these to visit the how fast the project is monitor the movement of this project,

But Fashola also does this. A friend in Lagos speaks of seeing him in a 3-wheeled KEKE NAPEP  shocked :oon a particular evening doing inspection. A govt car later came and pick him
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by Nobody: 7:17am On May 06, 2009
Fashola has done better than what my gov. Saraki has done in 2 term
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by phatjoe(m): 10:29am On May 06, 2009
Hmmm
i feel like throwin-up

Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by dlox01(m): 10:33am On May 06, 2009
bilms:

i wonder y most of u keep saying this,

the question is,

what source of income do they have in kwara, but still bukola achieved what he as achieved.

i am very sure, if bukola should handle Lagos with all the materials, he would definately superceed Fashola's performance,

okay, how did Fashola Perform better than Bukola, what is his achievement compared to bukky,

as i am talking now, i am in ilorin, bukola is also doing some projects which are wonderful,.

i visited one of his project last week,

stanbilli is the name of the project,

just like an eagle square,

bukola came to visit that project while i was there,

to my greatest suprise, he drove his car by himself, an one other car followed him. no noise, no one ever knew it could be the governor coming so simple,

he did these to visit the how fast the project is monitor the movement of this project,

u are myopic in ur thoughts and coments,
you talked about the income the state is getting,Lagos state isnt even getting the income it deserves  from the federal government,most of the works done in lagos is generated from the state itself.Federal govt(PDP) is not existant in that state,its as bad as the state taking over the rehabilitation of federal roads.Now moving to you dear bukky(or whatever u call her, ehmmm Him)over the yrs he has been governing,how has he steped up the internal generation of funds in that state??bear in mind Fashola has 2yrs on his sheet.Point is, the materials you are talking about was built and not just met.
you talk about wonderful projects by bukky, Like the eagle square thing, please dont make me laugh, please just remove that and dont call it a project,how does that generate funds for his people,u will see that same place beign used for PDP/PDPgovernors convention only,u will probably not step foot into it or ull get bruised by MOPOL.
if u were surprised about him showing up with no siren(what does he need it for)if ur still pondering on that, u should ponder on a man d@ drives around by himself in a toyota corolla wit no siren everytime(not just visiting a project), u should ponder on a man that disguised as an old man and visited LUTH(lagos state uni teaching hospital) n got some nurses kicked out because the refused to attend to a child,a man that has come out of his car to control traffic,a man that has come out of his car to turn a military man back coz he was facing one way,a man that went in fashola cab n told the driver to face one way(which d driver gave him back his money and said 'NO, u wan make fashola catch me!!', home boy the list is endless,if u come to lagos u will not only b surprised at his works,u will enter a state of Coma since little achievments of ur govnor amuse u.
As far as im concerned,
this was a wrong match, it should be
GOVERNOR RAJI FASHOLA VS OTHER GOVERNORS COMBINED + YAR' AH SLOW!!!!![color=#000099][/color][size=8pt][/size]
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by farochron(m): 11:06am On May 06, 2009
I think it is an insult to compare Gov Fashola of Lagos with any Governor in other state how much more the rotten governors from PDP. There is nothing good that can come out of that party. I'm not a member of any party. Just an observant, but I think Fashola should not be placed side by side with Saraki. There is no moral justification for such comparism.

I'm not saying Saraki has not done anything but in as much he's from that occultic PDP he's good deeds will only tantamount to rubbish in the hearts of sound minds.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by dejiavo2(m): 12:05pm On May 06, 2009
Know all, you seem to me the most sensible, reasonable and logical person to have commented well. Who is bukola? what moral quotient has he got to rule Nigeria? his attainment of the position of governor was made possible by the dark forces of people who give credence to malfaesence. Nigerians deserve whatsoever bedlam it might be or be in. Our values, principles and ideologies are all strained by corruption. Once again, who is Bukola to be compared with Raji Fashola.

I think it is an insult to compare Gov Fashola of Lagos with any Governor in other state how much more the rotten governors from PDP. There is nothing good that can come out of that party. I'm not a member of any party. Just an observant, but I think Fashola should not be placed side by side with Saraki. There is no moral justification for such comparism.

You need not insult him , you could disagree and state your reasons but calling someone dat is not neccessary.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by lexicon(m): 12:12pm On May 06, 2009
This is getting more interesting . keep it coming guys
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by farochron(m): 12:17pm On May 06, 2009
[quote author=dejiavo2 link=topic=254493.msg3829146#msg3829146 date=124160
Please try to re-visit my post. I did not insult anyone but I considered the comparism as an insult on Fashola besides bringing someone from that ill rotten party is embarrassing. Let's compare Fashola with good personalties.

You need not insult him , you could disagree and state your reasons but calling someone dat is not neccessary.
[quote][/quote]
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by bilms(m): 12:25pm On May 06, 2009
THe Aviation school,
The Science Village ,
The Brigde Contructions,
More Road Construction,
Travel Complex,
New Company in kwara,

if u claim all these ar not achievements, then wat is achievements?
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by oladigbolu: 12:31pm On May 06, 2009
Everybody has really contributed well, but the truth of the matter is Fashola is strong willed and ready to step on any tom, dick and harry`s toes, he is such a principled and resourceful person, who have transformed lagos to a mega city of such, notwithstanding, bukola has in his own sphere being up and doing but his achievements can not be compared to what Fash, has being able to achieve in his own case. so all we are saying give us fashola for president and Eko oni baje oooo. grin kiss
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by follypimpi(m): 1:14pm On May 06, 2009
Well is Bukola Saraki still giving out Free Eba and stew to those old ladies on Friday ? I schooled in Uni-Ilorin,05 and witnessed this. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by Olayinkaoj(m): 2:57pm On May 06, 2009
How can u compare Fasholas' 2 years in office with Bukola's year?

I stay in osogbo and I go to both States, Fashola is farrrrrrrrrrrrrrr better.
You can only compare Oyinlola and Fashola, there and then I will tell u Bukky is better
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by farochron(m): 3:12pm On May 06, 2009
How can u compare Fasholas' 2 years in office with Bukola's year?

I stay in osogbo and I go to both States, Fashola is farrrrrrrrrrrrrrr better.
You can only compare Oyinlola and Fashola, there and then I will tell u Bukky is better

You meant to say Oyinlola and Bukola. That's my point bother. Two PDPs can be compared because they flock together
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by solosimple(m): 3:24pm On May 06, 2009
I will like to see a Fashola president and Bukky VP.
GOOD!
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by farochron(m): 3:30pm On May 06, 2009
Are you sure Bukola's people (PDP) will not make his tenure a hell like what they have just done to Ekiti state. It is better you have An AC Fashola and any other Governor from same AC or other party. PDP still retain that acronym Peoples Destructive Party.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by rman: 3:53pm On May 06, 2009
Due to the nature of my job, I have had reasons to visit different states in the last five years. I spent all my school days in Ilorin( Primary to University level), and my holidays throughout this period had always been in Lagos.

These two governors are probably going to come first and second in Nigeria based on acheivement.
If you have lived in Ilorin before the 80's through 90's, you will completely agree with me that the state capital had withnessed more infastrutural development, more than any other regime in recent times. Through Fashola, Lagos has been turned into one big construction site.

Lagos is smaller with more people and huge IGR(Internally generated revenue), Kwara has fewer people with way smaller IGR. But based on what these two has acheived it is a shame that anyone will bad mouth either, because compared to anyother governor in the fedration they are the best.

I have stayed in more than five states up north during this period and I practically tour the south western states monthly.

The system that produced Bukola may not be perfect, but he has shown he is more in tune in what needs to be done.
Re: Governor Bukola Saraki Vs Governor Raji Fashola Who Wins? by springtime(m): 7:05pm On May 06, 2009
Between the two men, i will choose Fashola.I am an indigene of kwara state and i must say here that i respect Bukola Saraki,he is a very brilliant man but because of the way he emerged as the Governor (His father's influence), his politics is tribally oriented in kwara state unlike fashola in lagos where you have even non lagosians in his cabinet.Also when u compare the complexity of lagos state, you will know that a man who has effectively able to administer lagos state will be the most qualified to lead Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help!!! If This Bill Passes Third Reading, Southern Nigeria Is Gone / Percentage Of Muslims In Each SE State / Enugu Facilitates Building Of 750 Houses For Civil Servants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.