Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,817 members, 7,898,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 11:30 PM

Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - (37536 Views)

"Just Shut Up Please!" - Davido Tells Fan. Burna Boy Replies / #BBNaija Ex-housemate Khloe Steps Out In Style - See Pictures / Cynthia Morgan, Lover Clash Over Burna Boy Kiss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by Jpanama3: 10:56am On Aug 23, 2015
mcodedprof:
i dont like the guy
is allowed oooo..... Bad belle
Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by Gurgle(f): 10:57am On Aug 23, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
chai!!!

Your head is tribally incorrect! Your bigotry mad and chauvinistic crazy!

Whats bigoted about what I said
Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by Archmed(m): 10:58am On Aug 23, 2015
Hate or like him,,when Burna Boy sings,U cant ignore him.His talent aint an issue for debate at all.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by Gurgle(f): 10:58am On Aug 23, 2015
bigwind:
His name is Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu,,, I think he's somehow related to yoruba.

Ok, really? that would make some sense. I thought he was just Ahaoda straight, if you say he's partly Yoruba ok but he should still try anyway
Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by Archmed(m): 10:58am On Aug 23, 2015
Hate or like him,,when Burna Boy sings,U cant ignore him.His talent aint an issue for debate at all.
He's got it!
Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by Jpanama3: 10:59am On Aug 23, 2015
ATMC:
I don't know him.
then u don't knw sh*t in the industry trend
Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by Panshow(m): 10:59am On Aug 23, 2015
I like Burna boy. I love his music.
Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by iphanyiuma(m): 11:00am On Aug 23, 2015
mcodedprof:
i dont like the guy
go mop river niger
Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by ATMC(f): 11:00am On Aug 23, 2015
Jpanama3:
then u don't knw sh*t in the industry trend
sh*t know sh*t. I ain't no sh*t.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 23, 2015
Gurgle:

Ok, really? that would make some sense. I thought he was just Ahaoda straight, if you say he's partly Yoruba ok but he should still try anyway
Yes,, he should. That's why I like 2face.
Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by Gurgle(f): 11:03am On Aug 23, 2015
bigwind:
Yes,, he should. That's why I like 2face.

Mind you, people often insert names that they like or were given as nicknames...so it may still not be the case

I don't listen to much 2face but I have heard that he is really good. Do you mean that he normally raps in Idoma language?
Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 23, 2015
Gurgle:

Mind you, people often insert names that they like or were given as nicknames...so it may still not be the case

I don't listen to much 2face but I have heard that he is really good. Do you mean that he normally raps in Idoma language?
He insert few lines into some of his songs.
Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by swanky500(m): 11:07am On Aug 23, 2015
mcodedprof:
i dont like the guy
AND DO U THINK THE GUY KNOWS U?
Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by talktonase(m): 11:07am On Aug 23, 2015
I dont see any getto children oh!
Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by Gurgle(f): 11:09am On Aug 23, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
seriously? I didn hear anyone complain of phyno doing it in igbo. Even though I no dey undertsnd him, I love the rhymes, delivery and the instrumentals. I rate the guy above olamide anytime, anyday..

That being said...allow the guy to do it anyway, anyhow, any language. Must he do it with his native language? This is music..enjoy the Rythm..

Did u rememberr awilo? I bet 1
99% of us dnt even hear wot he was saying but we did dance...

Your first point is irrelevant since Phyno is an Igbo, rapping in Igbo. If Phyno only did songs in Yoruba and left Igbo completely, I would still be saying the same thing

I didn't say he must sing in his native language every time, but he never sings in it. Is it normal?

I don't hear any language apart from English and I enjoy African music a lot. That people don't hear Burna Boys music but still enjoy it was never an issue here

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by Gurgle(f): 11:09am On Aug 23, 2015
bigwind:
He insert few lines into some of his songs.

Ehen, good
Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:12am On Aug 23, 2015
Gurgle:

Your first point is irrelevant since Phyno is an Igbo, rapping in Igbo. If Phyno only did songs in Yoruba and left Igbo completely, I would still be saying the same thing

I didn't say he must sing in his native language every time, but he never sings in it. Is it normal?

I don't hear any language apart from English and I enjoy African music a lot. That people don't hear Burna Boys music but still enjoy it was never an issue here

my point?

You're still a tribal bigot to think he must 'at least' do a music with a particular language.

Music is universal...

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by juliusjulius: 11:13am On Aug 23, 2015
www.nairaland.com/2542882/registration-close-please

I apologize for bothering you with my problems.
I'm an extra year student of oau Ile-Ife, and I'm encountering problem in paying for the extra session.

Registration Will Soon Close, Please Help Me.

Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 23, 2015
talktonase:
I dont see any getto children oh!
those ones look like lekki children??
Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by stephnie44(f): 11:13am On Aug 23, 2015
mouaue:
burna boy step out in style today in the best footwears with ghetto kids in PH and ask they to call gargon ..and he went on and shared this video below after the cut that he took with all the people in the video as his people watch the video below ......
He captioned it:

"All d kids in d ghetto call me gargon!!! PHC in dis bxxx"

https://instagram.com/p/6r3wSqPO8I/
oluwa burna so much luv dis guy
Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 23, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
my point?

You're still a tribal bigot to think he must 'at least' do a music with a particular language.

Music is universal...
Free the babe. She's right
He can atleast put few lines of his dialect to show he's proud of his heritage.

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by HDee(m): 11:17am On Aug 23, 2015
Gurgle:
I like him but he should try and do some songs in his native Ahaoda language...every time he's either rapping in Jamaican or Yoruba mixed with pidgin

Theres nothing wrong with it but he's forsaking himself...because I know for sure that all the artists he collaborates with will never rap in Ahoada so I don't get why he's bending himself like that

He is helping another language to flourish whilst leaving his own in the dark and becoming confused in the process

He is very talented which is what makes it more of a shame
I think he's working on what will earn him more money... Not just singing with a particular language.. grin
Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 23, 2015
afolwalex20:
Best footwear
Dats timberland na undecided

They never said most expensive footwear...Timberland are my favourite as well.
Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by Gurgle(f): 11:19am On Aug 23, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
my point?

Music is universal...

The fact that youre saying "a particular language" rather than "his own language" shows that you don't have any way of successfully debating me

Its wrong and you know it

Urging somebody to remember their roots doesn't make me a tribal bigot. Where did you even get that phrase from? You sound like you've been waiting a long time to use it, but sadly it doesn't apply to me

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by philips70(m): 11:21am On Aug 23, 2015
mcodedprof:
i dont like the guy

Never used to like him for his attitude but lyrically and musically he's a bomb. Too good in what he does, one of the best around.

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 23, 2015
They don't look like ghetto kids... they are all well_fed!

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:23am On Aug 23, 2015
bigwind:
Free the babe. She's right
He can atleast put few lines of his dialect to show he's proud of his heritage.
jesus!!! That's the point. Why must he if he doesn't want to?

Like must it be dt way?

Akon represents senegal with the flag very well but has never done a song or a line with the language.

Wale, represents Nigeria but wasn't doing it in yoruba..

My point, it is not must...abeg forget that part and enjoy the music.

Like I said, music is suposed to be a universal language.

cc: gurgle

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by Gurgle(f): 11:23am On Aug 23, 2015
HDee:
I think he's working on what will earn him more money... Not just singing with a particular language.. grin

Yeah theres nothing wrong with that, Yoruba is very established in African music.. its very marketable and it sells well

I don't have a problem with it I just think he could try and drop a few lines in Ahaoda because the thing is looking strange

When I first saw him I was excited to see an Ahoada person in modern highlife because they have a good musical tradition...so I didn't get why he doesn't bring it out into the current musical world

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by teetee123: 11:26am On Aug 23, 2015
Gurgle:
I like him but he should try and do some songs in his native Ahaoda language...every time he's either rapping in Jamaican or Yoruba mixed with pidgin

Theres nothing wrong with it but he's forsaking himself...because I know for sure that all the artists he collaborates with will never rap in Ahoada so I don't get why he's bending himself like that

He is helping another language to flourish whilst leaving his own in the dark and becoming confused in the process

He is very talented which is what makes it more of a shame

Singing in a particular language depends on many things. His mother is Yoruba and was his manager until about a year ago. He was born in Port Harcourt but he grew up in Lagos.
Naturally a growing child pick up the mother's tongue better than the father's. There is hardly any of his song that he doesnt have Yoruba word or slangs. You need to understand his background. The fact that he has an Ahoada father does not mean that he sees himself as such and can also speak the language as Yoruba. Many of our people in the Niger Delta are also more comfortable speaking Pidgin than their local dialects and therefore should not complain if their kids cannot speak their native languages. Growing environment is a big factor in determining what language an individual speaks.
Angelique Kidjo is another example. Her father is Fon while the mother is Ketu Yoruba. She was brought singing in her mother's cultural troupe and was exposed to the core Yoruba tradition and culture. Today, seventy percent of her songs are in Yoruba and virtually all her top hits are in Yoruba.
I cannot blame Oluwaburna Ebunoluwa Damini Ogulu, let him sing in the languages he is comfortable with.

4 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by cytellProperty: 11:29am On Aug 23, 2015
How Does that stop him from making money?
mcodedprof:
i dont like the guy
Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by 4stylz: 11:29am On Aug 23, 2015
mcodedprof:
i dont like the guy

Who cares?
Re: Burna Boy Steps Out In Style Today In The Best Footwears - by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 23, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
seriously? I didn hear anyone complain of phyno doing it in igbo. Even though I no dey undertsnd him, I love the rhymes, delivery and the instrumentals. I rate the guy above olamide anytime, anyday..

That being said...allow the guy to do it anyway, anyhow, any language. Must he do it with his native language? This is music..enjoy the Rythm..

Did u rememberr awilo? I bet 1
99% of us dnt even hear wot he was saying but w e did dance...
thank you, i love phyno too, eventhough i dont know wat he is saying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mercy Aigbe Calls Out Thisday Style After She Fails To Make Their Best Dressed / Tonto Dikeh & Olakunle Churchill's Conversation On Bride Price Payment / Google Gifts Dj Cuppy Pixel Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.