Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,079 members, 7,946,676 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 12:50 AM

Samuel Peter- A Flash In The Pan - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Samuel Peter- A Flash In The Pan (729 Views)

Samuel Eto’o Shares Photo With Wife / Peter Okoye Sets Up A Football Management Agency / Keshi Need A Change By Pastor Peter A.0. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samuel Peter- A Flash In The Pan by lawisong(m): 8:16am On Mar 28, 2009
It's so unfortunate that Samuel Peters's reign as the world's boxing king was shorter than expected. Just last night he attempted to climb up d ladder again by picking up a fight with d superfast eddie chambers, but samuel was panel beaten and defeated by chambers. Is this the end of d road for the akwa Ibom born boxer? What have we not done for samuel? The akwa Ibom state govt threw its weight behind him financially and otherwise, FG supported him, he was even managed by d world's best Don King who also managed Tyson, yet our man has refused to shine. Now the whole world know the truth. Samuel's victory was a big fluke, a flash in the pan. If i will advise samuel i will tell him not to depend on his punches alone but to also work on his legwork. Every boxer acknowledges he possesses deadly punches but his major problem is in his legwork. So what they do is to avoid his punches while feeding him with their own punches. Samuel should also work on his weight, it will make him smart and fast on the ring.
Re: Samuel Peter- A Flash In The Pan by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 28, 2009
He's in it for the money,
Not the passion undecided
Re: Samuel Peter- A Flash In The Pan by infomegaly(m): 7:46pm On Mar 29, 2009
because he lost 2 consecutive fights does not spell the end of the road 4 him . and that does not mean he is here just 4 the cash it is more difficult staying on to and continue to win in top class boxing the compitition is great. peters is still a great boxer to even become the champ in the first place.
Re: Samuel Peter- A Flash In The Pan by Ibime(m): 7:59pm On Mar 29, 2009
Please, Samuel Peter's nickname in Europe is zombie. He is the slowest heavyweight I have ever seen in my life, even slower than superheavyweights like Butterbean. You can see his punches coming from a mile away. He is talentless.
Re: Samuel Peter- A Flash In The Pan by tosinaded(m): 8:30pm On Mar 29, 2009
Who cares anyway?
He has entered d history books period!
Let any other african go and win!
Una think say na beans
Re: Samuel Peter- A Flash In The Pan by chamotex(m): 8:32pm On Mar 29, 2009
Obviously the win was a fluke, its not going to happen again.
But at least he has tasted the sweetness in being a World champ even if its just for a short period.
Re: Samuel Peter- A Flash In The Pan by kaypumpin2(m): 8:54pm On Mar 29, 2009
Boxing is dead,with the word officially to boot.
That is why a joke like Peters and world champion can be mentioned in the same breathe.
Re: Samuel Peter- A Flash In The Pan by infomegaly(m): 10:07pm On Mar 29, 2009
peters is someone nigerians should be proud of he fought to earn his title when he did what he achieved is success and has no other but success as far as am concerned his career is better than that of tyson who messed up his career with crimes peter will continue to be a hero as it is not easy to win a world title he went thru many fights to even challenge 4 it
Re: Samuel Peter- A Flash In The Pan by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 30, 2009
While we cannot deny his place in history,I feel that what is worth doing, is worth doing well.
Samuel peter doesn't seem to be concerned about a legacy.Otherwise he will take his conditioning seriously.It was obvious that he lacked stamina at the latter parts of the round.His weight has not allowed him to make use of his heavy punches.If he had more foot speed,he would position himslf to land the killer blows he possesses.
People like the Alis,the lennoxes,they took are of themselves.That's why they had several title defenses before they lost.Him losing again so soon ater the title loss will only reduce his credibility and his status as a top-ranked fighter.

Having said that,I agree that the heavyweight division is more like a farce right now.I can't say how the division became such a joke.But even the 90's is like heaven compared to what is obtainable right now.
Peters,well all i can say to him is good luck.Right now his career looks to be heading downwards

(1) (Reply)

Is Federer Finished? / Nigerian To Be Flogged Abroad / Odibe Is One Of The Best Central Defender In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.