Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,298 members, 7,900,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 02:46 PM

Critiquing Sahara Reporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Critiquing Sahara Reporters (3255 Views)

Abubakar Audu Is Dead - Sahara Reporters / Adeola Of Sahara Reporters And President Buhari Take A Photo / Critiquing OBJ, The Architect Of APC And His Deceptions From Iyabo's Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Critiquing Sahara Reporters by Jarus(m): 11:40am On Mar 28, 2009
This news site has suddenly risen to fame as a source of news-behind-the-news in Nigeria.
Many Nigerians take this site as the most reliable source of undiluted news in the country.
But how credible are these reports? Why are they always reporting negative news about the country?
Re: Critiquing Sahara Reporters by yvy1(f): 11:53am On Mar 28, 2009
sahararepoters.com , formerly EFCC's unofficial newsletter , now Nuhu Ribadu's unofficial newsletter.
Re: Critiquing Sahara Reporters by PapaBrowne(m): 2:34pm On Mar 28, 2009
I've begun to lose confidence in them! I used to be a fan!
Too much negativity, they almost appear like a soft sell magazine!
Re: Critiquing Sahara Reporters by ow11(m): 2:54pm On Mar 28, 2009
PapaBrowne:

I've begun to lose confidence in them! I used to be a fan!
Too much negativity, they almost appear like a soft sell magazine!

Same sentiments! Seems only gloom happens in Nigeria in their eyes.
Re: Critiquing Sahara Reporters by Pataki: 8:49pm On Mar 28, 2009
Jarus:

This news site has suddenly risen to fame as a source of news-behind-the-news in Nigeria.
Many Nigerians take this site as the most reliable source of undiluted news in the country.
But how credible are these reports? Why are they always reporting negative news about the country?

Unfortunately, we live in today's world, where 'bad news' is 'good news.' And in a country like Nigeria where, 'bad news' from the activity of it's government and leaders is the order of the day, it would only enhance the reputation of Sahara reporters for their penchant to quickly reveal it to Nigerians and the whole world.

Again more importantly, investigative journalisms into clandestine activities of the Nigerian government and even ''reputable'' Nigerians with affinity to corrupt officials has eluded Nigerians right from the Military era. Taking a recall to how Dele Giwa was murdered, just to juggle the memory. Having it being revived through the power of e-journalism, even if it so appears ''witch-hunting'' in some quarters, makes it delightfully refreshing.

However, Sahara reporters in itself, are sometimes poor in their editing of their report. This does not add any form of credibility to their website. I came across this particular article from their site, and I wondered, why should such an article be poorly written, without proper editing of the report, before posting it on the world-wide-web.
Re: Critiquing Sahara Reporters by posakosa(m): 5:30pm On Mar 29, 2009
Sahara Reporter is more than extremely similar to FOX news, they are garbage,

Sahara Reporter is NOT A CREDIBLE SOURCE for any kind of information about Nigeria. They are like a TABLOID paper.

Majority of the reporters are white (not saying race is a factor, but they are participating in PROPAGANDA.
Re: Critiquing Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 30, 2009
One would be wondering whether nigerians are all todlers which is why they forget that before the inception of this saharareporters; nigerians almost knew nothing on how their country is being looted and raped by their supposed leaders.
Sahara inspite of it's shortcomings have been able to provide us with a first hand info (most times backed with real pix) on how nigerians are made full of by her own leaders.

"Knowing exactly what your problem is, is having the problem half solved". In that case, Sahara is doing the most important part of the job by identifying what our problems are. While they are at that; the rest of the nigerian people should grow some balls and finish up the rest of the job.

Jeez, I cant even believe that anybody who really has nigeria at heart will think sahara reporters is doing nigeria a disservice. cry
Re: Critiquing Sahara Reporters by CyberG: 3:17am On Mar 31, 2009
I see some TOOLS running their mouth off here! If you read any news that you think is false from Sahara, dispute it and provide your own side of the story! Shikena!

While the jokers of Nigerian news media are giving the kind of news that you would rather read, lobbing softball issues to Nigerian leaders and ever gullible readership, someone shows-up and bursts your bubble and all you could do is condemn without providing your own side of the story to the contrary?
Re: Critiquing Sahara Reporters by adconline(m): 4:02am On Mar 31, 2009
But how credible are these reports? Why are they always reporting negative news about the country

I thought that you would come out with a well researched piece criticizing their form of bad news journalism. You sound like Dr Akunyili's sympathiser.
Re: Critiquing Sahara Reporters by ekwynwa: 9:06pm On Mar 16, 2012
grin grin grin

Re: Critiquing Sahara Reporters by Callotti: 8:53am On Mar 17, 2012
When they chop their own share of the oil subsidy money like 'you and your people' on NL. . .they will start praising the devil.
Ask St. CheReubim Abati!

Mu she she she she she

What positive news is there to report about Nigeria?
Which one have you reported on NL yourself but half-truths for the past 6 years with your cyber "AREA MAFIOSO DONS AND DONESSES"? kiss
Re: Critiquing Sahara Reporters by egift(m): 9:24am On Mar 17, 2012
Its good Sahara Reporters keeps it that way. If you read SR and watch NTA, you will find a balance.

I once asked this question, for nearly a year since 2011 Elections, what have this Government achieved. All we get is:

"FG To", "Government Will", "Committees To", "Plans To", "Promise To" - What have been started and completed. Yet Billion here, few Trillions missing here. And mind you, nobody have gone to jail for these Stealing and Killings.
Re: Critiquing Sahara Reporters by Ufeolorun(m): 12:21pm On Mar 17, 2012
By far still the best Nigerian website
Re: Critiquing Sahara Reporters by Standing5(m): 12:28pm On Mar 17, 2012
Nigeria has many bad news hidden that's why we have corruption today.
Re: Critiquing Sahara Reporters by Ufeolorun(m): 1:50pm On Mar 17, 2012
Did you strike me with a ban cos of me comment above?the post is even hidden.lol.
Its quiet laughable that you feel uncomfortable that there are other website:ideologically driven ones,who will shape the future and are alrdy doing so.

(1) (Reply)

Ex-gov Turaki Involved In Accident, Very Good! / Economic Confidential Portfolio Of Mrs Cecilia Ibru - Release By Efcc / Police Intervened In An Allege Clash Btw Fans Of Buhari And Jonathan In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.