Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,442 members, 7,968,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 08:15 PM

Alibaba Blasts NBC For Banning Olamide’s Shakiti Bobo - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Alibaba Blasts NBC For Banning Olamide’s Shakiti Bobo (960 Views)

Olamide Responds To NBC Banning His Song "Wo" / Comedian Alibaba Blasts Fan On Instagram / Christabel Goddy: "God Is Punishing Ibinabo Fiberesima For Banning Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alibaba Blasts NBC For Banning Olamide’s Shakiti Bobo by exlinkleads(f): 10:01am On Aug 24, 2015
About a week ago news spread on various media that some popular hit songs have been banned from the airwaves by the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC). The news got mixed reactions from music lovers across the country as the many of the songs are fan-favourites and streets anthem.

Nigeria’s king of comedy, Alibaba, has reportedly expressed his displeasure on the NBC’s ban, maintaining that most of the banned songs have been in circulation for a long time. He was said to have used Olamide’s Shakiti Bobo as an example, maintaining that even pastors are aware of the song.

According to Nigeriafilms, Alibaba wondered why it took the NBC so long to realise that the songs were not good enough for the public, reaffirming that some of the songs were so popular that worshipers demonstrate the dance steps during praise and worship in churches.

In his words; “I just heard that some songs were banned from airplay. Wait o, if it took NBC how many months to know the contents of a song were not fit for public consumption, then we should worry. Songs that I have heard Pastors singing sef. People even shakiti in church during praise and worship.” - See more at: http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/08/alibaba-blasts-nbc-for-banning-olamides.html#sthash.z9w6EdJE.dpuf

cc lalasticlala

Re: Alibaba Blasts NBC For Banning Olamide’s Shakiti Bobo by boboLIL(m): 10:13am On Aug 24, 2015
Forget am jare...

U de form flashy lifestyle buh ur mama de soak akamu**
Ask ur sister eh
Na me de giv am eh
Ogbeni liv am eh
She is feeling the niqqa eh Ooo
Ooo bobo bobo
Oya shakiti bobo

1 Like

Re: Alibaba Blasts NBC For Banning Olamide’s Shakiti Bobo by pretydiva(f): 10:22am On Aug 24, 2015
Ban or no ban, d music don sell
Re: Alibaba Blasts NBC For Banning Olamide’s Shakiti Bobo by exlinkleads(f): 12:26pm On Aug 24, 2015
cc: seun ishilove
Re: Alibaba Blasts NBC For Banning Olamide’s Shakiti Bobo by BANGERLEE1(m): 1:18pm On Aug 24, 2015
I'm not moved* because initially I don't watch STV-LTV-ONTV-Channels or whatever so whatapun? DSTv entertainment channels will play it till 2017.

(1) (Reply)

Kanye WEST Regrets, Calls Himself A Bloody Ego-filled Person / Chris Brown Pictured With Royalty After Winning Custody Battle / Photo(pg18):What Cynthia Morgan Wore 2 Club Last Night And Said About It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.