Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,670 members, 7,918,145 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 12:02 AM

Parents Pressure That My Girlfriend Should Not Cohabit With Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Parents Pressure That My Girlfriend Should Not Cohabit With Me (657 Views)

Help! I Am High And Want To Send This Text To My Girlfriend!! Should I? / If Your Girlfriend Should Tell You This, What Will You Do / Any Guy That Loves His Girlfriend Should Be Paying Her Salary Every Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents Pressure That My Girlfriend Should Not Cohabit With Me by Calapar(m): 2:27pm On Aug 24, 2015
Hello house, I need your candid advice on the following story:

I have been dating a girl for close to 2 years now. She just graduated and went to Camp but she usually complained that she wasn't comfortable with the state she was posted. Although prior to this time she used to work in a family business. The owner of the family business promised to assist her with the NYSC posting but all to no avail. So, she equally told me she did not want to work in the family business any longer. I tried my best and got her redeployed. When she was redeployed, I asked her what she intends doing; she said she'd start with mini-business. I established one for her. Before I did, I asked her if she was comfortable with the location as it is a stone-throw from my abode; she said yes.

Along the line, she got pregnant but had an MC. So all of our plans of doing introduction and at least court wedding as it was unplanned failed. I still intend getting married to her but have to take my time and put some stuffs in place.

Now the issue at hand; her parents have been lamenting that they aren't comfortable with her living with me since we are not married yet; I'm tired of the lamentation and I've come here for your advice.
Re: Parents Pressure That My Girlfriend Should Not Cohabit With Me by ladyF(f): 2:29pm On Aug 24, 2015
No parent will be comfortable

1 Like

Re: Parents Pressure That My Girlfriend Should Not Cohabit With Me by misspicy(f): 2:30pm On Aug 24, 2015
From your writeup,i can deduce that you are working,my opinion:if u love her and u her ready to marry her,den do that...
Most parents do not like d idea of cohabitating b4 marriage
Re: Parents Pressure That My Girlfriend Should Not Cohabit With Me by Princeparix(m): 3:30pm On Aug 24, 2015
It is the ideology of we Africans to get married before living or staying together. You simply have no option other than to get married to her immediately or let her get a temporary apartment.

1 Like

Re: Parents Pressure That My Girlfriend Should Not Cohabit With Me by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 24, 2015
oga..... abeg marry her.

You've established a business for her, she lives a 'stone throw' away from your place, she's pregnant (for you I hope grin)

Do the needful sir.
Re: Parents Pressure That My Girlfriend Should Not Cohabit With Me by donholy28(m): 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2015
Her parents are angry? her parents will be pissed off...how can u keep their daughter in ur house without marrying her?...Op if u wan cohabit with her better do d needful
Re: Parents Pressure That My Girlfriend Should Not Cohabit With Me by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 24, 2015
MrsPhyno:
oga..... abeg marry her.

You've established a business for her, she lives a 'stone throw' away from your place, she's pregnant (for you I hope grin)

Do the needful sir.
op, look at this. Cool advice right here.
Re: Parents Pressure That My Girlfriend Should Not Cohabit With Me by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 24, 2015
Teempakguy:
op, look at this. Cool advice right here.
Thank you. grin
Re: Parents Pressure That My Girlfriend Should Not Cohabit With Me by Calapar(m): 6:03pm On Aug 24, 2015
Princeparix:
It is the ideology of we Africans to get married before living or staying together. You simply have no option other than to get married to her immediately or let her get a temporary apartment.

Yeah you right. But want to put some stuffs in order before doing that.

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Make Up / 45 Ultimate Tips For Men / The Reason Why Most Girls Don't Take Their Boyfriend Serious...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.