Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,625 members, 7,888,993 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:00 PM

Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. (64532 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Sends Relief To Idps In Plateau State / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo’s $40m Private Jet Parked At His Hangar / See What Bishop Oyedepo Says On His Retirement After Adeboye Stepped Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by bukatyne(f): 8:24am On Aug 25, 2015
dinachi:
You missed it entirely! The Bible declared all free in Gal 3:28 and Col 3:11. Read with understanding!

Hahhahahahahahahahaha!

I wonder why the whites fought against slavery... there is no Bible verse condemning it undecided

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by bukatyne(f): 8:25am On Aug 25, 2015
esosa993:
Uhm....I read the news in another blog and a member of winners chapel said he was in that programme and their bishop never said it that way. The guy said their bishop would never say things like that

It is possible either way though

A naughty reporter can decide to put words in the Bishop's mouth

Can the member say what the Bishop said?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 25, 2015
I can see guys here ranting and am so sure most of them over looked the area where the message states that men should love their wives and should not be blown away by things of the world(which includes cheating), omashe ooo see what this world is turning into,the guys here saw a msg concerning women but they decided to over look the part where men were mentioned....anyway women be sub missive to your husbands and when he removes your head with unnecessary blows and beatings sha submissive. MAY GOD HELP US ALL

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 25, 2015
bukatyne:

It is possible either way though

A naughty reporter can decide to put words in the Bishop's mouth

Can the member say what the Bishop said?

He really didn't say what the bishop said but I believed him since that is coming from a "guy" you dig,coz he was the only guy in that blog that opposed to the news,if it were a lady that said the bishop didn't say so I might not have believed her but since its coming from a guy then I blv him
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by enomakos(m): 8:48am On Aug 25, 2015
Midehi:
i pray you get a better and loyal man
she will
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by ammyluv2002(f): 8:50am On Aug 25, 2015
dinachi:

My sister dont mind them! Those are bitter women who hate God and the Bible. If you insist on obeying God they call you hypochrite but if you attack the Bible they call you their hero! Let them keep disobeying God and keep suffering in their marriage! They have itching ears, they only want to hear what suits them.
Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by enomakos(m): 8:50am On Aug 25, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Amen! I wish you same too but getting a loyal man isn't the main thing.

The bible made it very clear to be submissive whether he's loyal or not just do your part and be submissive. It's difficult though but with Christ we can do all things. I listened to a Rev Fr yesterday on AIT and he said " You can't make someone change but your acceptance can make them conceive the thought"
wonderful

that Rev.father is right
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by bukatyne(f): 8:51am On Aug 25, 2015
esosa993:

He really didn't say what the bishop said but I believed him since that is coming from a "guy" you dig,coz he was the only guy in that blog that opposed to the news,if it were a lady that said the bishop didn't say so I might not have believed her but since its coming from a guy then I blv him

It is ok cheesy
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 25, 2015
ammyluv2002:
He's right! God bless him for saying the truth. Women are the problem we have today as in we just no wan agree.

We are so heady & annoying. You don't rub shoulders with a man all in the name of civilisation #Trash

A woman ought to be submissive to her hubby without conditions

How can women be submissive, when churches like his permit women to be rebellious to their hubbies. try dating a winners gal and see.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by freecocoa(f): 9:02am On Aug 25, 2015
bukatyne:

Hahhahahahahahahahaha!

I wonder why the whites fought against slavery... there is no Bible verse condemning it undecided
The question remains, does it mean the other scripture quoted should be declared null and void? Since jesus has changed most of the things in the old testament as claimed, why not just destroy the other parts of the bible? What about the contradictions in the new testaments?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Barblow(m): 9:02am On Aug 25, 2015
"LIKE" our page www.facebook.com/sportinglifebet for daily sport bet tips/forecast

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by dinachi(m): 9:08am On Aug 25, 2015
bukatyne:

Hahhahahahahahahahaha!

You only find joy when people attack the Bible! That explains who you are and no the Bible declared all free in Christ in Gal 3:28 and Col 3:11.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by ammyluv2002(f): 9:10am On Aug 25, 2015
tonigreen:

God Bless you Ammyluv......
God bless you too
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Dudulewa1(f): 9:11am On Aug 25, 2015
Sincerely.. Pastor you are right.. Wives should be "submissive" but a lot of guys out there don't understand the meaning of that word... The original design of God is that He created the woman as an helpmate not your househelp or maid, she is to be your partner, guys are to be d striker while d lady is the supporting striker...don't limit her to d bedroom and kitchen, God has something in mind when He was creating d woman, let her fulfill purpose... Watch over her... You are the head but she is the eyes.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by ammyluv2002(f): 9:11am On Aug 25, 2015
enomakos:
wonderful

that Rev.father is right
Yeah! I was blessed with his teaching

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by ammyluv2002(f): 9:15am On Aug 25, 2015
kaeforum:

How can women be submissive, when churches like his permit women to be rebellious to their hubbies. try dating a winners gal and see.
No church teaches women to act that way to their husbands. Church doesn't change someone only God can! They plant and God waters. The said lady just displayed her character not that the Church made her that way
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by dinachi(m): 9:18am On Aug 25, 2015
freecocoa:
The question remains, does it mean the other scripture quoted should be declared null and void? Since jesus has changed most of the things in the old testament as claimed, why not just destroy the other parts of the bible? What about the contradictions in the new testaments?
The Bible only begin to make sense when you believe! The Old testament was a shadow of things to come in the New testament things were perfected. Go and read the book of Romans down to Hebrews and you will understand the laws of the old testament and the faith and grace of the new testament. It takes divine illumination to understand Gods word...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by bukatyne(f): 9:22am On Aug 25, 2015
dinachi:

You only find joy when people attack the Bible! That explains who you are and no the Bible declared all free in Christ in Gal 3:28 and Col 3:11.

I am happy when people who quote a part of the Bible to suit their claims are attacked grin

If Gal 3:28 says there is no slave, free, male, female etc. why are you against slavery and believe women are inferior to men?

I am not interested in feminism/equality talk so no need to go there..

I am just pointing something out.

The Bible can be used to proof anything if you are careful & sly enough.

Even Paul told Onesimus to go back to Philemon as a slave so what wrong will the white man do to enslave blacks as far as they are treated well?

The same Bible which says wives submit to your husbands said Slaves obey your masters (Both are new testament).

If we decide to abolish slavery, why can't we abolish submission? grin

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by freecocoa(f): 9:28am On Aug 25, 2015
dinachi:

The Bible only begin to make sense when you believe! The Old testament was a shadow of things to come in the New testament things were perfected. Go and read the book of Romans down to Hebrews and you will understand the laws of the old testament and the faith and grace of the new testament. It takes divine illumination to understand Gods word...
No, it is not to be so, if that were the case then it should have been written in a language known only to the so called believers, you can't tell me otherwise when I can read and understand plain English.

You are supposed to win souls with those words right, how the feck then is an unbeliever supposed to understand it, in other to believe?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by dinachi(m): 9:29am On Aug 25, 2015
Dudulewa1:
Sincerely.. Pastor you are right.. Wives should be "submissive" but a lot of guys out there don't understand the meaning of that word... The original design of God is that He created the woman as an helpmate not your househelp or maid, she is to be your partner, guys are to be d striker while d lady is the supporting striker...don't limit her to d bedroom and kitchen, God has something in mind when He was creating d woman, let her fulfill purpose... Watch over her... You are the head but she is the eyes.
No the man is the head of the woman as Christ if the head of man. The wife is not the eyes but a helpmate created solely for the man. That is why only your husband can decide your purpose not you. Your husband directs your purpose, simple and short. If you do not like it then dont marry!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by robosky02(m): 9:29am On Aug 25, 2015
starlingslimnet:
For exposing your God?

that is how fail in life instead takinng heed to the advise there

you are raising your filty mouth to talk trash
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by dinachi(m): 9:36am On Aug 25, 2015
freecocoa:
No, it is not to be so, if that were the case then it should have been written in a language known only to the so called believers, you can't tell me otherwise when I can read and understand plain English.

You are supposed to win souls with those words right, how the feck then is an unbeliever supposed to understand it, in other to believe?
Do you know the meaning of the letter killeth but the spirit giveth life? You can read all you want like the educated Ethiopian Eunuch but God has to send Philip a man filled with the spirit to lead him to Christ before he could understand the scriptures. The Bible said that the Word of God will never profit you until you mix it with faith! You must believe to understand.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by theplushist: 9:38am On Aug 25, 2015
sonofananimal:
TRUE TALK,

ALMOST ALL OF THEM GOT NO FAMILY TRAINING, THAT'S WHY YOU SEE THEM ROAMING THE STREET LIKE BASTARD LOOKING FOR WHO TO FATHER THEN.

OUR NAIJA WOMEN ARE FAR BEYOND MARRIAGEABLE.

I WILL ONLY RECOMMEND THEM FOR SEX AND NOTHING MORE.

Wow, you name says Son of an animal. Are you saying your mother is an animal? Not fair on the poor woman who mothered you. Why not just name yourself Animal- it's no one's fault but you that you turned out like this.
So sad.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by freecocoa(f): 9:40am On Aug 25, 2015
dinachi:

Do you know the meaning of the letter killeth but the spirit giveth life? You can read all you want like the educated Ethiopian Eunuch but God has to send Philip a man filled with the spirit to lead him to Christ before he could understand the scriptures. The Bible said that the Word of God will never profit you until you mix it with faith! You must believe to understand.
Okay, am supposed to believe whatever said, whether I have questions or not? How am I to believe something I don't understand please?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by safarigirl(f): 9:49am On Aug 25, 2015
freecocoa:
Okay, am supposed to believe whatever said, whether I have questions or not? How am I to believe something I don't understand please?
nne, biko don't engage that guy any further. His type of men are like Kambili's father in Purple Hibiscus, he's obviously not 'equally yoked' with you or any sane human being. Just ignore him and the other drones here, you're of greater intellect

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by freecocoa(f): 9:53am On Aug 25, 2015
safarigirl:
nne, biko don't engage that guy any further. His type of men are like Kambili's father in Purple Hibiscus, he's obviously not 'equally yoked' with you or any sane human being. Just ignore he and the other drones here, you're of greater intellect
Lol, you have a point.cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by dinachi(m): 10:06am On Aug 25, 2015
freecocoa:
What is confusing about wives be submissive to your husband?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by dinachi(m): 10:10am On Aug 25, 2015
safarigirl:
nne, biko don't engage that guy any further. His type of men are like Kambili's father in Purple Hibiscus, he's obviously not 'equally yoked' with you or any sane human being. Just ignore he and the other drones here, you're of greater intellect
Greater intellect to you is questioning the authority of the Bible? Only reprobates thinks this way!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 25, 2015
theplushist:

Wow, you name says Son of an animal. Are you saying your mother is an animal? Not fair on the poor woman who mothered you. Why not just name yourself Animal- it's no one's fault but you that you turned out like this.
So sad.
WHO IS THIS BASTARD angry

MUST YOU BRING MOTHER INTO THIS?

TAKE YOUR MISERABLE LIFE OFF MY MENTION
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by yaskarahyelhope(f): 10:30am On Aug 25, 2015
onyegwu:
If the women like let them listen if they like let them not listen, who is the person that is usually worried when they clock 40 + Shey na man? No I don't think so. U can imagine a feminist in her 40s wld still be asking why she is not married? I jst look at them and shake head. I beg know man wants a war lord in his life. Girl friend we can manage, wife Mbanu that's too risky! I want to live happily with my wife so definitely not the one that will always serve my food at the law court.

Bros I av seen desperate men. They are extremely worst than ladies. No be say dey no fine O. I have been begged by dem. Even with their money, no body wants dem. So tell me, at least d woman can go do IVF or better still do artificial insemination. For za guys who now become man-chelors instead of bachelors, wetin be Una story?

Leave women joor. As for equality, I don't like it. But unfortunately, d take has turned wia d guys go for sugar mummies and marry for marrying sakes coz of d money behind d lady or woman. Even if d woman carry Jesus for head as sign board, with d egocentrism of men, she go Sidon on top his one head. One day!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by freecocoa(f): 10:34am On Aug 25, 2015
dinachi:
What is confusing about wives be submissive to your husband?
Lol, its not confusing at all, it just isn't right to ask that of wives, regardless of how the man is, speaking as regards people who believe the bible anyways, ordinarily, submission shouldn't be a requirement in relationships/marriage.

Btw, the post on understanding the bible isn't based on the topic "submission" am talking about the book as a whole.

dinachi:

Greater intellect to you is questioning the authority of the Bible? Only reprobates thinks this way!
Lets be honest, we all know how you can be with abusive words so you can't blame her for advising against engaging you, but I assume we are all mature here so I expect we keep it civil even while we disagree.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. by Seventeen(f): 10:45am On Aug 25, 2015
dinachi:
The success or failure of marriage lies largely on the woman. Submit to your husband or keep suffering in your marriage.
I would have tried to make some points, but on a second thought, with d way this ur comment and others u've made on ds thread sound to me, i dont think u would be d kind of person I can have a meaningful argument with, , If ur opinion is dat marriage success is largely based on the submission of a woman..... Enjoooooy. grin, as for me, i repeat, both men and women are responsible for the success of a marriage. Marriage success does not largely depend on any particular sex. In that same passage where women were asked to be submissive, there is also a command for the husbands too, and just as there are many bible teachings for Godly wives there are just as many too for Godly husbands, so the men have their own commands to keep just as the women have theirs to keep. Its a joint task.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Oyedepo Kneeling Down Before Adeboye / “Kingdom Of Heaven On Earth" Lagos Church Members Believe The Pastor Is Jesus / How A Married Woman Almost Seduced Me - Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.