Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,128 members, 7,880,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:10 PM

Life's Most Valuable Lessons - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Life's Most Valuable Lessons (580 Views)

Lessons From Marrying From A Rich Family / 4 Lessons I Learned From My Abusive Father About Forgiveness / 45 Life Lessons, Written By A 90 Year Old. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life's Most Valuable Lessons by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 24, 2015
I’ve learned - that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is be someone who can be loved. The rest is up to them.
I’ve learned - that it takes years to build up trust, and only seconds to destroy it.
I’ve learned - that it’s not what you have in your life but who you have in your life that counts.
I’ve learned - that you should never ruin an apology with an excuse.
I’ve learned - that you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life.
I’ve learned - that you should always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time you see them.
I’ve learned - that we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.
I’ve learned - that it's either you control your attitude or it controls you.
I’ve learned - that heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences.
I’ve learned - that sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you’re down will be the ones to help you get back up.
I’ve learned - that sometimes when I’m angry I have the right to be angry, but that doesn’t give me the right to be cruel.
I’ve learned - that true friendship continues to grow, even over the longest distance. Same goes for true love.
I’ve learned - that just because someone doesn’t love you the way you want them to doesn’t mean they don’t love you with all they have.
I’ve learned - that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you’ve had and what you’ve learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you’ve celebrated.
I’ve learned - that your family won’t always be there for you. It may seem funny, but people you aren’t related to can take care of you and love you and teach you to trust people again. Families aren’t always biological.
I’ve learned - that it isn’t always enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes you are to learn to forgive yourself.
I’ve learned - that our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.
I’ve learned - that just because two people argue, it doesn’t mean they don’t love each other. And just because they don’t argue, it doesn’t mean they do.
I’ve learned - that two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different.
I’ve learned - that people will forget what you said, and people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
By Omer B. Washington

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Life's Most Valuable Lessons by Dyt(f): 8:48pm On Aug 24, 2015
I have also learnt to be thankful whatever situation you find yourself
I mean whatever cos someone else is going through worse.

#greatfulheart

1 Like

Re: Life's Most Valuable Lessons by divinehand2003(m): 9:00pm On Aug 24, 2015
I have learnt that - A GOOD NAME IS BETTER THAN SILVER OR GOOD
You can ask GEJ to confirm

1 Like

Re: Life's Most Valuable Lessons by xpac01(m): 9:23pm On Aug 24, 2015
I've learnt -that HONESTY will always stand as your best advocate in the face accusations and life set up.
Embrace an honest personality to all men, at all times.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life's Most Valuable Lessons by HCF(m): 9:33pm On Aug 24, 2015
I have learnt not to envy the appearance of happiness in People,because I don't know their secret griefs.

I have learnt that being happy is a function of how you make others happy... smiley

2 Likes

Re: Life's Most Valuable Lessons by 400billionman: 11:00pm On Aug 24, 2015
I have learnt that a man's dreams shapes his future. The things we desire most and dream about always come to us in a space of time.. .

3 Likes

Re: Life's Most Valuable Lessons by gidjah(m): 3:11am On Aug 25, 2015
I have come to Appreciate this timely piece by the able op,and the various contributions by each NLDRS,good and wise words here.

1 Like

Re: Life's Most Valuable Lessons by MsBliss(f): 6:18am On Aug 25, 2015
I have learnt ; never make anyone a priority when you are only an option in their life. cool
I have learnt that giving thanks and be grateful for all situation is the gateway to happiness and contentment .

I have learnt that nobody owes me anything because na only me waka come.

I have learnt that whatever decision I make in my life,I should always take responsibility for it.

I have learnt that the best advice I will ever get is the one I give myself.

I have learnt that whatever I do to somebody/anybody, I should expect it done back to me someday.

I have learnt that making people I come across smile each day that pass by keeps me happy also.

1 Like

Re: Life's Most Valuable Lessons by jashar(f): 8:59am On Aug 25, 2015
I have learnt and I'm learning to be kind to everyone I meet.
I have learnt and I'm learning to be a more sacrificial person.
I have learnt and I'm learning that I'm not in this world to be happy, but make God happy. Interestingly, when God is happy, I am also happy.
I know that Jesus is my Saviour and I'm learning how to diffuse the fragrance of this knowledge.
I have learnt and I'm learning that not every one who goes to church is saved. cry some attend service and the word doesn't transform them.
I have learnt and I'm learning to separate the people in church from the person of Christ. Christ is still being formed in people, so they are bound to make mistakes.
I have learnt and I'm learning that mistakes need not define a person.
I've learnt to smile and laugh even when things are tough.

Namaste cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

LIFE ON EARTH. }}>> Durowoju Imagodei Anthony / Experienced Online Private Tutors At Your Disposal. / What Month Baby Are You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.