Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,341 members, 7,934,303 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 11:17 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1030) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4670079 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1027) (1028) (1029) (1030) (1031) (1032) (1033) ... (3746) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 1:43pm On Sep 06, 2018
Victornezzar:
Please what's the cost of building a 5 bedroom duplex

budget N17 - 18m

nobody can build a 5bedroom duplex for N12m please let's be realistic here.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 2:20pm On Sep 06, 2018
gbadexy:

I am a paint and allied products engineer only if there is any such thing.
screeding falls under coating and finishing.

Gbadexy I'm a fan of Grafitex external finish. But the question is how do you re-new a grafitex finish after several years? How long does a grafitex finish takes before it starts fading hence renewal?

So you can get any colour e.g orange?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hajivince(m): 2:22pm On Sep 06, 2018
raymondFirstborn:

budget N17 - 18m

nobody can build a 5bedroom duplex for N12m please let's be realistic here.

So you can't build 5Bedroom duplex to screening for 12m, just 5Bedroom duplex oh, Not 2Units of 5Bedroom duplex oh!.... Anyway, it is possible for me since doors, windows etc are not included.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 2:45pm On Sep 06, 2018
Hajivince:

So you can't build 5Bedroom duplex to screening for 12m, just 5Bedroom duplex oh, Not 2Units of 5Bedroom duplex oh!.... Anyway, it is possible for me since doors, windows etc are not included.

if you mean carcass it's possible.

but not complete building for N12m
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by fabulous85: 3:19pm On Sep 06, 2018
raymondFirstborn:

chief, even the 18 million is moderate finishing not luxury. am not assuming because my bungalow has taken 10.7million and there is still plenty work.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 3:23pm On Sep 06, 2018
Good here!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hajivince(m): 3:48pm On Sep 06, 2018
raymondFirstborn:

Carcass for sure.

Different people have different taste for finishing thou so that depends on the client to decide what kind of finishing he wants.

Finishing na another money entirely
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chawmartltd: 4:28pm On Sep 06, 2018
CHAWMART PROPERTY LIST IN YABA

SINGLE ROOM

1. Single room @Oshinfolarin str. Akoka 5k/month 1½ years

2. Single room @Obadiah 6k/month 1 year

3. Single rooms @Bariga 3k, 4k, 5k & 6k/month 1 year

ROOM SELF CONTAINED

1. Portable room self con on Unilag rd. 120k 1 yr

2. Room self con @Abule Oja 200k 1 and half yrs

3. Newly built standard room self con @Abule Oja 350k 1yr

4. Room self con @Fola agoro 250k 1yr

5. Room self con @Akoka 250k 1yr

6. Room self con @Olarenwaju str 180k 1 yr

7. Serviced room self con @Akoka 250k 1yr

8. Very spacious & Lovely room self con @Onike 300k 1 year

9. Room self con @Abeokuta str. 200k 1 year

MINIFLAT

1. Mini flat with car park @Morocco 450k 1yr

2. Mini flat @Alagomeji 500k 1yr

3. Standard mini flat @Akoka 450k 1yr

4. Very neat Mini flat with car park @Pako 300k 1½ years

5. Spacious & Lovely Mini flat @Sungas 400k 1 year

6. Spacious & Well ventilated Mini flat with car park & prepaid meter @Obayan str. Akoka 370k 1 year

7. Newly renovated Mini flat @Olanrewaju str. 280k 1 year

TWO BEDROOM

1. Two bedroom on Igbobi rd. 450k 1yr

2. Two bedroom @Fola agoro 500k 1yr

3. Two bedroom with car park @Pako 500k 1 year

4. Very spacious Two bedroom @Onike 700k, 800k 1 year

5. Newly built Two bedroom @Apata 700k 1 year

09038311985, 08100868608

Pls epp rebroadcast

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by darkfishet: 5:12pm On Sep 06, 2018
l
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 5:18pm On Sep 06, 2018
Timtol:

Does that change you from being a Qauntity Surveyor to an Arcjhitect?
I know you closely as a good Surveyor.

Not showing clear identity of oneself won't make people and especially your Client to trust u.

Just saying#Let's take Note.

well, I didn't mention that I was an architect.

When you tell people to contact you for bill of quantity does that also make you a quantity surveyor.

FYI my wife is an architect.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 5:35pm On Sep 06, 2018
diordaves:

Gbadexy I'm a fan of Grafitex external finish. But the question is how do you re-new a grafitex finish after several years? How long does a grafitex finish takes before it starts fading hence renewal?

So you can get any colour e.g orange?
Good graffitex would last as long as your regular cement plaster would last.
it's a plaster itself and shouldn't fade. it can last 20 years to 50 years.
I haven't yet seen a graffitex that fades or needs repairs yet.
You can get many colors but not very bright ones with synthetic pigments.
Once you are tired of a color of the graffitex, you could simply paint it with another color color of your choice. either emulsion, matte or satin emulsion.
Funny enough, graffitex and marble trowel paint are now in vogue again and are being used in high brow areas.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 6:02pm On Sep 06, 2018
Budget of building carcass is not very good without the workings drawings. Take time to present working drawings first to your QS who will give you an average budget of + or - 3%..

Thanks..
Engr. A.L Onakomaya R. Coren
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 8:03pm On Sep 06, 2018
gbadexy:

Good graffitex would last as long as your regular cement plaster would last.
it's a plaster itself and shouldn't fade. it can last 20 years to 50 years.
I haven't yet seen a graffitex that fades or needs repairs yet.
You can get many colors but not very bright ones with synthetic pigments.
Once you are tired of a color of the graffitex, you could simply paint it with another color color of your choice. either emulsion, matte or satin emulsion.
Funny enough, graffitex and marble trowel paint are now in vogue again and are being used in high brow areas.

Nice one. I think we don't talk enough about the importance of good paint and painting in finishing. Good paint on a building is like good quality clothing on a man. It makes a statement.

Please do more to educate us as you are one of the dedicated professionals here.

Do you supply up to Delta?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 8:19pm On Sep 06, 2018
diordaves:

Nice one. I think we don't talk enough about the importance of good paint and painting in finishing. Good paint on a building is like good quality clothing on a man. It makes a statement.

Please do more to educate us as you are one of the dedicated professionals here.

Do you supply up to Delta?
You are very correct sir. Good paint is like quality cloth in every sense. It clads and protects the building from the elements thereby slowing the weathering effect of constant rain and sun on the building.
Good quality paint and nice color combination adds value to the building and could transform an old building into a contemporary one.
ironically, the cost of painting with a budget paint is more costly on the long run as the frequency or repainting coupled with the labor and logistics for the duration good quality paint is still effective is higher.
There is a wax based water repellent paint that splashes water off the surface and former water bead that I would be creating a thread on soon.
I've supplied to delta, some states in the east and several other states in general.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 8:23pm On Sep 06, 2018
raymondFirstborn:

well, I didn't mention that I was an architect.

When you tell people to contact you for bill of quantity does that also make you a quantity surveyor.

FYI my wife is an architect.
Lol
Cool bro
Evening
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by shelliz: 9:05pm On Sep 06, 2018
Good evening all. Please which is preferable between
1. Doing art work of a house before plastering or
2. Plastering before art work?

Thanks to those that will reply.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 06, 2018
(1). Wall screeding inside and out==#380k.
(2). 6 buckets of Satin paints@25k each==#150k.
(3).5 buckets of Mart paint for out side walls@10k each==#50k.
(4). 4 buckets of Emulsion paints for ceiling @6k each==#24,000.
(5). Labour for painting #120k.
TOTALED @#736,000. I will give you bonus of wall paper designs at dinning one side.
Then if you want Glass paint known as stuco painting for palour and waiting room. It will cost you #380k.
If u want 3D walls for ur TV area =#214k.
Thanks for believing in us,we have so much to offer you.

Please I need your help on this quotation for screeding and painting of 3 bedroom all room en suite ... thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 9:29pm On Sep 06, 2018
kindly follow us on this new project, posted as requested by our dear NL client, who has benefited from this forum and wishing others to learn. Thanks as you follow

https://www.nairaland.com/4711094/construction-diary-pile-foundation-residential#70968789
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabe: 9:50pm On Sep 06, 2018
fam please how much on the average will a single storey 4 units 2 bedroom flats and a 5 bedroom duplex cost to design? thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:23pm On Sep 06, 2018
gabe:
fam please how much on the average will a single storey 4 units 2 bedroom flats and a 5 bedroom duplex cost to design? thanks
Cc Darenyx
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Talk2iyfy: 11:03pm On Sep 06, 2018
Thanks Haji, we are actually digging the soak away so we can fill back the sand into the foundation,which was completed today. As for his stipend, I didn't let him spend as he was staying with me during the 6days work before he traveled yesterday to attend to his family. We would use water supply in the compound of the blue tank in the picture to still water it.He will be back for German floor and setting out block wall soon. It's expensive to build o. I wonder how people survive it lol.
quote author=Hajivince post=70953220]

On a good soil that even Strip footing can be used, 6-8m to screeding while on a not too good soil where Raft can be used, 8-10m and on a bad soil where deep foundation such as Pile can be used, whew, 12-18m depending on the depth of pile. For more analysis breakdown, you can reach me on
WhatsApp or Call: 08069452707

Thanks[/quote]

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bimpsyyyyy: 11:08pm On Sep 06, 2018
Yhemzylee:
(1). Wall screeding inside and out==#380k.
(2). 6 buckets of Satin paints@25k each==#150k.
(3).5 buckets of Mart paint for out side walls@10k each==#50k.
(4). 4 buckets of Emulsion paints for ceiling @6k each==#24,000.
(5). Labour for painting #120k.
TOTALED @#736,000. I will give you bonus of wall paper designs at dinning one side.
Then if you want Glass paint known as stuco painting for palour and waiting room. It will cost you #380k.
If u want 3D walls for ur TV area =#214k.
Thanks for believing in us,we have so much to offer you.

Please I need your help on this quotation for screeding and painting of 3 bedroom all room en suite ... thanks
The quote is okay but can be reduced, can give you a better quote with a good job. Whatsapp me on 09069193297

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:26am On Sep 07, 2018
Bimpsyyyyy:

The quote is okay but can be reduced, can give you a better quote with a good job. Whatsapp me on 09069193297

Thanks ,I will sent you a text in the morning..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 8:41am On Sep 07, 2018
gbadexy:

You are very correct sir. Good paint is like quality cloth in every sense. It clads and protects the building from the elements thereby slowing the weathering effect of constant rain and sun on the building.
Good quality paint and nice color combination adds value to the building and could transform an old building into a contemporary one.
ironically, the cost of painting with a budget paint is more costly on the long run as the frequency or repainting coupled with the labor and logistics for the duration good quality paint is still effective is higher.
There is a wax based water repellent paint that splashes water off the surface and former water bead that I would be creating a thread on soon.
I've supplied to delta, some states in the east and several other states in general.

After the rains proper, I'm looking to executing the attached photo from you or something a bit orangy (orange). Let's see how it goes.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 9:12am On Sep 07, 2018
diordaves:

After the rains proper, I'm looking to executing the attached photo from you or something a bit orangy (orange). Let's see how it goes.
Alright sir, I look forward to that.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 9:24am On Sep 07, 2018
Hajivince:

On a good soil that even Strip footing can be used, 6-8m to screeding while on a not too good soil where Raft can be used, 8-10m and on a bad soil where deep foundation such as Pile can be used, whew, 12-18m depending on the depth of pile. For more analysis breakdown, you can reach me on
WhatsApp or Call: 08069452707

Thanks
Can 6-8m build five bedroom duplex regardless of the soil?
That amount can only execute a 5 five bedroom bungalow if u ask me...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 9:29am On Sep 07, 2018
fabulous85:
chief, even the 18 million is moderate finishing not luxury. am not assuming because my bungalow has taken 10.7million and there is still plenty work.
What kind of bungalow are u building sir?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by creativepalm: 10:38am On Sep 07, 2018
The creative palm interior & exterior design is the firm that works on beautification of buildings. We specialize in P.O.P ceiling design, Wall screeding, Artworks, Wallpaper installation and 3D panel. At creative palm, we give you best design that suit your building structure. Our designs speaks for itself and we are very time conscious. We will be looking forward working with you Sir/Ma.
Here are the samples of our previous work.
Kindly reach us on: 09033293131, 08084862233. email: akandem.ayoade@gmail.com.
thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hajivince(m): 10:49am On Sep 07, 2018
gabe:

A contemporary Architectural, Structural, Mechanical & Electrical Plans/Designs all sealed and stamp would cost in the region of 200-250k.

For more info, Call or WhatsApp: 08069452707

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hajivince(m): 10:55am On Sep 07, 2018
Rubbiish:
Can 6-8m build five bedroom duplex regardless of the soil? That amount can only execute a 5 five bedroom bungalow if u ask me...
I believe so for Carcass
Breakdown: Strip & or Pad Foundation: 1.8m to 2.5m Ground Floor Block work to Lintel: 1.5m to 1.8m First floor RC(Decking) works: 2m to 2.8m First Floor Block work to Roof Beam: 1.2m
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hajivince(m): 11:23am On Sep 07, 2018
Talk2iyfy:
Thanks Haji, we are actually digging the soak away so we can fill back the sand into the foundation,which was completed today. As for his stipend, I didn't let him spend as he was staying with me during the 6days work before he traveled yesterday to attend to his family. We would use water supply in the compound of the blue tank in the picture to still water it.He will be back for German floor and setting out block wall soon. It's expensive to build o. I wonder how people survive it lol.
quote author=Hajivince post=70953220

Thanks

Thanks for treating a fellow professional in the Biz right!!!... On my own path, I express my deepest Gratitude *winks*. The Project would be a success

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 10:04pm On Sep 07, 2018
Hajivince:

I believe so for Carcass
Breakdown: Strip & or Pad Foundation: 1.8m to 2.5m Ground Floor Block work to Lintel: 1.5m to 1.8m First floor RC(Decking) works: 2m to 2.8m First Floor Block work to Roof Beam: 1.2m
I thought roofing is usually included when it come to carcass sir?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1027) (1028) (1029) (1030) (1031) (1032) (1033) ... (3746) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dollarnaira and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.