Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,345 members, 7,934,307 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 11:24 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1041) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4670099 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) ... (3746) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by darenyx(m): 1:50pm On Sep 27, 2018
Timtol:

Bro,am not desperate @all.
Pls get my message clear.
I have enough for d moment so why will i b desperate or handling 6works one cant handle @once?
So not desperate,just saying but tkdrafter got a off track message to be serious.
Thanks anyway.

We all have our ways.. whatever rocks your boat...

My advice : tune it down a bit ...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 4:37pm On Sep 27, 2018
darenyx:

We all have our ways.. whatever rocks your boat...
My advice : tune it down a bit ...
Cool bro. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PRODUTIM1(m): 4:43pm On Sep 27, 2018
topsy23:

Having washing hand basin at the dining is not an old fashion. its a nice idea and the basin for the dining is not the common type used in the toilet. There are some transparent fancy basin that you can install. Recently formatted my phone and i don't have the pictures would have love to send you some.
Tanx I really appreciate
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 7:21pm On Sep 27, 2018
Wilfredpat22:

It’s an early warning system for thieves??

Can you explain that please sir

Sure ma'am. My experience is that the noise of crunchy footsteps on gravel travels far in the night and alerts everyone so it could be an effective deterrent.

Unless of course, the supposed Burglars are from Edo State ..... (only joking!).
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Wilfredpat22(f): 8:36pm On Sep 27, 2018
jabolo:

Sure ma'am. My experience is that the noise of crunchy footsteps on gravel travels far in the night and alerts everyone so it could be an effective deterrent.

Unless of course, the supposed Burglars are from Edo State ..... (only joking!).

You are right
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:29pm On Sep 27, 2018
igwedehxy:
Plz how much is a meter of 25mm reclin cable. It come in four strands.
CC topsy23
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Alkanelly: 10:43pm On Sep 27, 2018
Hello guys, am some how excited to have started my project. Here are few photos for your eyes. The weather has been a bit challenging in port harcourt but things are still going on gradually. For the foundation a mix of 1:2:4 is used.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hajivince(m): 11:09pm On Sep 27, 2018
Alkanelly:
Hello guys, am some how excited to have started my project. Here are few photos for your eyes. The weather has been a bit challenging in port harcourt but things are still going on gradually. For the foundation a mix of 1:2:4 is used.

Congratulations my dear brother!....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 11:15pm On Sep 27, 2018
Alkanelly:

Congrats.
What's your structure type?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mybad: 11:47pm On Sep 27, 2018
mybad:
Hello Nairalanders,
Please I’m in search of unique screen designs for a new structure I’m working on.
The samples I’ve seen are not so appealing and other ones keep coming up.
I know there’s no better stop shop for stuff like that with experts in the house.
I’ll really appreciate your comments and contributions.
Thanks in advance.

Any luck with this my people?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Alkanelly: 12:24am On Sep 28, 2018
bixton:

Congrats.

it is a 4 unit of 2 bedrooms all ensuite with visitors toilet.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Alkanelly: 12:25am On Sep 28, 2018
Hajivince:

Congratulations my dear brother!....

thank you very much
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Alkanelly: 12:25am On Sep 28, 2018
bixton:

Congrats.

Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:22am On Sep 28, 2018
Alkanelly:

Oga mi. Please open your own thread to showcase your project.
This is not allowed here. Thank you.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Alkanelly: 3:35am On Sep 28, 2018
mufutau55:

Oga mi. Please open your own thread to showcase your project.
This is not allowed here. Thank you.

Hajji M.

Okay notes and thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:45am On Sep 28, 2018
Alkanelly:

Okay notes and thanks

congratulations sir..
you can have us handle your electrical services

http://twinstecks.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 6:58am On Sep 28, 2018
Alkanelly:

Okay notes and thanks
Congratulations sir and may God make it easy.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Obeseke: 8:12am On Sep 28, 2018
Good morning Fellow Nairalanders. We get shock waves from electrical appliances in the house. What can we do to this? The electrician had claimed he did the grounding and earthing which we fully paid for during installation early in the year. This has been on for about 2 weeks now. Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by marylandcakes: 8:16am On Sep 28, 2018
gabbytabby:

Message me at alayandeproperties@yahoo.com

Good day madam gabby longest of times. Trust all is well with you and the family.

Do you have a reliable painter that you can recommend to me in Lagos?

Many thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 8:25am On Sep 28, 2018
bixton:

Size of windows matters sometimes. But if it's regular sized windows you can bargain for #2500 &#1500 . The more the windows, better less bargain.
Just shocked to find out that masons in Kaduna charge 500N nd 300N for big and small window hoods. Even plastering per partition is 800N. Labor is damn cheap here and the outcome is very usually very good.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:38am On Sep 28, 2018
igwedehxy:
Plz how much is a meter of 25mm reclin cable. It come in four strands.

25mm x4strand reclin cable
imported N600/m
Nigeria is 900/m.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:39am On Sep 28, 2018
twinskenny:
CC topsy23

Thanks boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2Breed(f): 8:44am On Sep 28, 2018
Alkanelly:
Hello guys, am some how excited to have started my project. Here are few photos for your eyes. The weather has been a bit challenging in port harcourt but things are still going on gradually. For the foundation a mix of 1:2:4 [/b]is used.

[b]1:2:4

Please explain the bolded. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:46am On Sep 28, 2018
PRODUTIM1:
Tanx I really appreciate

You are welcome sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 9:04am On Sep 28, 2018
ceelog:

Just shocked to find out that masons in Kaduna charge 500N nd 300N for big and small window hoods. Even plastering per partition is 800N. Labor is damn cheap here and the outcome is very usually very good.

I think the pattern mostly in the north is the job is priced wholesome.
Every region has got their own labour rates which corresponds to their cost of living.
As long as the outcome of job done is good then it's okay.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 9:07am On Sep 28, 2018
Alkanelly:

it is a 4 unit of 2 bedrooms all ensuite with visitors toilet.

Beautiful.
You have a good land/terrain there.
Please which axis of PHC is that?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hajivince(m): 9:25am On Sep 28, 2018
Obeseke:
Good morning Fellow Nairalanders. We get shock waves from electrical appliances in the house. What can we do to this? The electrician had claimed he did the grounding and earthing which we fully paid for during installation early in the year. This has been on for about 2 weeks now. Thanks for your anticipated response.

I think the best thing to do is to consult a competent Electrical Engr/Consultants!... Most artisans just go with wah dey have done or seen b4 n dey might not know how to handle critical situations.

That's y I prefer all professional be involved in a building project coz Fine appearance doesn't guarantee lifetime insurance
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hajivince(m): 9:28am On Sep 28, 2018
Born2Breed:

1:2:4 Please explain the bolded. Thanks.
What he meant here is just the mix ratio of the concrete that was used.
Cement: 1 headpan Fine Sand: 2 headpan Granite: 4 headpan
For any batch of concrete mix that would be used during construction

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2Breed(f): 9:37am On Sep 28, 2018
Hajivince:

What he meant here is just the mix ratio of the concrete that was used.

Cement: 1 headpan
Fine Sand: 2 headpan
Granite: 4 headpan

For any batch of concrete mix that would be used during construction

Thanks.

How many headpan is in a bag of cement?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hajivince(m): 9:40am On Sep 28, 2018
Born2Breed:

Thanks.

How many headpan is in a bag of cement?

1 headpan by weight is supposed to be 25kg

If your Cement is bagged to 50kg, that means 2headpans.

C'est fini

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2Breed(f): 9:52am On Sep 28, 2018
Hajivince:

1 headpan by weight is supposed to be 25kg

If your Cement is bagged to 50kg, that means 2headpans.

C'est fini

Merci!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 10:11am On Sep 28, 2018
bixton:

I think the pattern mostly in the north is the job is priced wholesome.
Every region has got their own labour rates which corresponds to their cost of living.
As long as the outcome of job done is good then it's okay.
Wholesome? Did you mean that the job I taken from start to finish?
Was just discussing with the masons this morning as I was passing by a site...they were more than ready to migrate and do a plastering for a duplex and the window hood.
They said that's how much they charge here in Kd...small or big job ooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1038) (1039) (1040) (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) ... (3746) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jeffkennedy, fabulous85 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.