Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,794 members, 7,905,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:19 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4603250 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) ... (3726) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dubemcapital1(m): 6:44pm On Jun 26, 2019
spyder880:

We thank God, keep doing the good work. I love your style.

My brother, Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hordbaz(m): 6:52pm On Jun 26, 2019
Olazzeedris:

Cement is nt you can economize or assume because type of the building Matters alot, as you said above.
then consider hw perfect are the walls and floors.

That is the truth, because pure cement must be use for the installation of wall tiles, and the cement used will determine the durability of floors and walls
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 9:51pm On Jun 26, 2019
Hum2020:
Op look for another person to give quotation but you did not stated if the building is bungalow or duplex however the quotation is pn high side 35 bag of cement and workmanship at 350per sqm i think it should be 250 per qsm while believe that between 20 or 25 bag of cement can do this work

At #250/sqm. .........please where is the artisan from?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by loffers(m): 10:22pm On Jun 26, 2019
Good Evening house,

Please which is more In terms of quantity between
3trips of 6tyre truck of sharp sand and a single trip of a 10tyre truck.

I was offered 6trye truck for 8k and 10tyre truck for 26k
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twoMcfemad: 10:34pm On Jun 26, 2019
Olazzeedris:

Cement is nt you can economize or assume because type of the building Matters alot, as you said above.
then consider hw perfect are the walls and floors.

Building is Bungalow,sir. What do you think?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hordbaz(m): 2:41am On Jun 27, 2019
twoMcfemad:

The cement is OK with the quotation when I add square meter together.. The labour charge per square meter is OK as well with the century we are now, but the price of the tiles varies depending on the location, design and the product to use...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by vboss(m): 8:08am On Jun 27, 2019
Hello Lovelies

Please i need you guys to criticize this building plan for me. Owner wants the rooms to be spacious and the room placements to be well organized. It is a three bed room for the owner, a self contain and a two bedroom
..... Your candid opinion is needed

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RedMapleConsult(m): 9:38am On Jun 27, 2019
Hum2020:
Op look for another person to give quotation but you did not stated if the building is bungalow or duplex however the quotation is pn high side 35 bag of cement and workmanship at 350per sqm i think it should be 250 per qsm while believe that between 20 or 25 bag of cement can do this work

Oga, please where can you find a tiler for #250 per square meter? In Nigeria or , or Venezuela.

Why is it that any quote dropped here, people will jump on it and say it is high it is high without proper assessment?

How is that quote high? In some places you can't even get a tiler for #400.

The labour cost is OK,
The number of cement is OK considering the total area of tiles quoted for.

What the OP should look out for is if the area quoted for is correct with the areas of the building to be tiled, of which no one can ascertain from here without a proper drawing. And remember there should be allowance for wastages.

ie. If your living room is 20sqm it is normal to quote for 22 -25sqm depending on the perimeter
and then to cover for the skirting too.

Then the cement part, OP can buy himself, let's say 25 bags first and see how far it goes.

Moreover, I didn't see the admixture for wall tiles and grouting cement. Hope the tiles don't come falling off, well depending of the size of the tiles to be used on the walls.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hordbaz(m): 9:44am On Jun 27, 2019
RedMapleConsult:

Oga, please where can you find a tiler for #250 per square meter? In Nigeria or , or Venezuela.

Why is it that any quote dropped here, people will jump on it and say it is high it is high without proper assessment?

The labour cost is OK,

What the OP should look out for is if the area quoted for is correct with the areas of the building to be tiled, of which no one can ascertain from here without a proper drawing. And remember there should be allowance for wastages.

ie. If your living room is 20sqm it is normal to quote for 22 -25sqm depending on the perimeter

Then the cement part, OP can buy himself, let's say 25 bags first and see how far it goes.

Moreover, I didn't see the admixture for wall tiles and grouting cement. Hope the tiles don't come falling off, well depending of the size of the tiles to be used on the walls.

Correct.....

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RedMapleConsult(m): 9:50am On Jun 27, 2019
vboss:
Hello Lovelies

Please i need you guys to criticize this building plan for me. Owner wants the rooms to be spacious and the room placements to be well organized. It is a three bed room for the owner, a self contain and a two bedroom

The visitors toilet is too small even most of the toilets in the house.
Is that the wash hand basin to the visitors toilet you have at the sit-out? How possible is that.

Bedroom3 the toilet door can not open properly cos of the positioning of the shower tray.

Most of the WC are either too close to the wall or to the tray, there may be no allowance for one to open their legs and sit, shit no go come out.

The second apartment, why do you have a door from the living room to the dining, is it necessary?

You are entitled to your design, but I feel you are maltreating most of the restrooms.

Then look at your flow and grid again. Do something about it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olazzeedris(m): 11:56am On Jun 27, 2019
twoMcfemad:

Alright quote is ok ! Moreso consider the logistic and make sure u spell the agreement b4 proceeding.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olazzeedris(m): 12:10pm On Jun 27, 2019
vboss:
Hello Lovelies

Anyway maybe you show up your survey plan and also the drawing is fine but faulty.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olazzeedris(m): 12:13pm On Jun 27, 2019
vboss:
Hello Lovelies

Anyway maybe you show up your survey plan and also the drawing is fine but faulty.
You can dm for proper consideration.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jceesquare(m): 12:53pm On Jun 27, 2019
RedMapleConsult:

The labour cost is OK,

Well said.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nbg4real: 1:00pm On Jun 27, 2019
Good Afternoon all. please house which is the best way to treat dampness on tank deck, tiling or pelting with (bitimus/ coaltar)?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hum2020: 1:00pm On Jun 27, 2019
RedMapleConsult:

The labour cost is OK,

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hum2020: 1:06pm On Jun 27, 2019
Pls i did not say tiler is 250qsm ok it was they workmanship for the job (tiler) which i put at 250 per qsm so total qsm of areas to be tilers as labour cost thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jceesquare(m): 1:11pm On Jun 27, 2019
Nbg4real:
Good Afternoon all. please house which is the best way to treat dampness on tank deck, tiling or pelting with (bitimus/ coaltar)?
Tiling with air tight gaps in-between tiles and good moderate slope for drainage.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twoMcfemad: 1:50pm On Jun 27, 2019
RedMapleConsult:

The labour cost is OK,

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nbg4real: 2:48pm On Jun 27, 2019
jceesquare:

Tiling with air tight gaps in-between tiles and good moderate slope for drainage.
thank you, but is it possible to have an air tight tiling? sorry for my ignorance.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olazzeedris(m): 3:18pm On Jun 27, 2019
Nbg4real:

Tilling is the best but not just cut and fix
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jceesquare(m): 3:25pm On Jun 27, 2019
Nbg4real:
thank you, but is it possible to have an air tight tiling? sorry for my ignorance.
My point is having a good job done with a quality tile and a qualified tailer.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hordbaz(m): 6:38pm On Jun 27, 2019
jceesquare:

My point is having a good job done with a quality tile and a qualified tailer.

Correct.... That is the truth
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ak22(m): 6:52pm On Jun 27, 2019
Hum2020:

who does Tilling 250 per square meter

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 10:03pm On Jun 27, 2019
RedMapleConsult:

The labour cost is OK,

Thank you for bringing it to their notice. We'll done

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ThatHistoryGuy(m): 3:40am On Jun 28, 2019
twoMcfemad:
I hail sirs.

Please I need your expert opinions on this quotation for tiling. I feel its on the high side. Please advise accordingly. Thanks sirs.

1st Toilet Wall 17.98sqm=12 cartons@1,900 25*40= 22,800

1st Toilet Floor 3.96sqm= 3 cartons@2,000 30*30=6,000

2nd Toilet Wall. 20.01sqm= 14cartons@1,900 25*40= 26,600

2nd Toilet floor 4.50sqm=3 cartons@ 2,000 30*30= 6,000

3 Rooms 36.48sqm= 24 cartons@2,700. 40*40= 64,800

Sitting Room. 37.06sqm= 28 cartons@3,800. 60*60= 106,400

Kitchen wall. 29.58sqm= 20 cartons@1,900 25*40= 38,000

Kitchen Floor 12.79sqm= 8 cartons@2,600 40*40= 20,800

Passage. 8.9sqm= 5 cartons @2,700. 40*40= 13,500

35bags of Cement

Workmanship= 80,000 @ 350/ sqm.

To ascertain whether the price of the tiles are high or not you need to let us know answers to the following.

Where is the site location? Lagos? Ibadan?
What was your agreement with the tiler ?
Will he be the one to move the tiles to site? Thats transportation cost.

On cement if you feel its much buy 20bags first if its not enough then you buy more.

On the labour cost of #350 I don't think its high depending on location too
Though you can get #300 in some locations but #350 is not bad.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by keepingmum: 10:56am On Jun 28, 2019
Can someone pls help me with the sq meters of this project - need it for a ceiling work estimate
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 28, 2019
keepingmum:
Can someone pls help me with the sq meters of this project - need it for a ceiling work estimate

Take the length x breadth of each component and add up, that gives the total square meters.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 1:06pm On Jun 28, 2019
keepingmum:
We are in need of the external dimensions of this sketch plus it's just a regular shape.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) (1190) ... (3726) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: krak101(m), Billions123, joycluv, psychologist(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.