Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,839 members, 7,882,953 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 07:23 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1713) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4545618 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1710) (1711) (1712) (1713) (1714) (1715) (1716) ... (3708) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 10:03pm On Oct 27, 2020
Michilins come an buy us drinks grin grin

It always pays to be honest in whatever we do.

Don't rest on your laurels.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:12pm On Oct 27, 2020
Badgers14:

With all the bashing he was rugged too lol
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 1:42am On Oct 28, 2020
Good morning everyone. I do hope you're all safe even in the midst of this protests. I just want to say I saw your kind words and encouragements and I want to appreciate oga Gbadexy who paid for the door and Oga Spyder who took out time from his busy schedule to review it. I want to appreciate Oga Egunmogaji and N3xt who gave me the needed opportunity to explain my works. I believe such scrutiny is needed to be able to remove the chaffs from the corn especially in this climate of fraud that we live in. I still look forward to doing that job for you oga Egunmogaji. I will do a job most welders around you can't.

My special appreciation goes to you my best customer. Thanks and stay safe

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 1:43am On Oct 28, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
Engineering wonder. Not sure if it’s photoshop or even Nigeria.

It may be real or not. But there are lots of similar buildings/structures like this in the internet.

The intended purpose is actually just to showcase who understands the principles guiding such and if it can be done in reality.

To the experts in the house prove your worth.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 1:54am On Oct 28, 2020
micgray100:

I am also interested in this door.. I will be needing 10units in a project at ogijo shagamu.

Oga spider, won't mind if you can explain in details the following about the door..

- it durability to be used for internal doors like rooms and toilets

-Available sizes it comes.... 6inches, 9inches, 3feets, 21/2 feets doors

-Sound / noice when opening or closing

-price
as I have explained always, these doors can be used for interior and exterior needs.
About the toilet aspect, I will suggest that you use these aluminum doors cause of the water splashes (no steel can survive caustic soda from soap no matter how strong it is. Just give it time and the water will ruin it)
The doors can be customized as to your needs from the size of the frames which can be 5",6" or more. The doors sizes can be customized too.
About the locks, it's dealers choice but I always tell people to buy at least the quality on the door in review cause the cost of replacing the locks always offset the little savings you're trying to make.
The price of the door is 20,000 and 30,000 for the 3ft and 4ft respectively.
Kindly contact me with the attached detail

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:58am On Oct 28, 2020
michlins:
Good morning everyone. I do hope you're all safe even in the midst of this protests. I just want to say I saw your kind words and encouragements and I want to appreciate oga Gbadexy who paid for the door and Oga Spyder who took out time from his busy schedule to review it. I want to appreciate Oga Egunmogaji and N3xt who gave me the needed opportunity to explain my works. I believe such scrutiny is needed to be able to remove the chaffs from the corn especially in this climate of fraud that we live in. I still look forward to doing that job for you oga Egunmogaji. I will do a job most welders around you can't.

Well done

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:07am On Oct 28, 2020
Badgers14:

I promise to improve on what I do. This is just a testimony that I can do what I said I can do and at the price I said I can do it. I await your patronage

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:17am On Oct 28, 2020
n3xt:

Well done
thanks oga mi. I'm still waiting for your reply on our last discussion. Thanks once again
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 2:19am On Oct 28, 2020
GoodFaith:

Are you joking 40k daily
Any time I see u I will park well
Jesus -I need help

Him no dey joke. Engineers in the real sense don't collect #5k/day and that's why certain people opt for lump sum according to milestone achieved for clients who are not willing to go by percentage.

My family house had an issue that resulted in a fire explosion that affected some parts of the decking caused by an idiot and we planned taking the case to the court.
The Engineer who supervised the people who came to run certain tests on the build charged my family #25k/day which actually was not more than 3 hours per day on the various days they came.

Just cutting the story short.
NB:The idiot who brought the team could not get a registered engineer who could append his credentials on the finished report.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:21am On Oct 28, 2020
michlins:
I promise to improve on what I do. This is just a testimony that I can do what I said I can do and at the price I said I can do it. I await your patronage

You might want to add this simple gate design to your design collection.

cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:32am On Oct 28, 2020
n3xt:

You might want to add this simple gate design to your design collection. cool

Wow! Simple lovely gate. I love the simplicity of it.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:36am On Oct 28, 2020
n3xt:

You might want to add this simple gate design to your design collection.

cool
I want to believe this is a rolling gate and not the contemporary.
Kindly give me the opportunity to make it for you. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:41am On Oct 28, 2020
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
seriously it is very simple and beautiful. Just use strong materials like 2.5mm pan and 3mm angle iron and you have yourself a very durable gate. It's funny how beautiful things aren't too complicated
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:42am On Oct 28, 2020
michlins:
thanks oga mi. I'm still waiting for your reply on our last discussion. Thanks once again

Construction works are partially on hold right now due to the unforeseen situations (unrest, protests, inflation, increasing cost of building materials).

Once the project is finalized, I’d get in touch.

Kudos to everyone building right now. I do not envy you at all!

_______

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:46am On Oct 28, 2020
n3xt:

Construction works are partially on hold right now due to the unforeseen situations (unrest, protests, inflation, increasing cost of building materials).

Once the project is finalized, I’d get in touch.

Kudos to everyone building right now. I do not envy you at all!

_______

seriously eh. I don't know about other places but over here,a bag of cement is #5,000. But we rise like Phoenix

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:50am On Oct 28, 2020
michlins:
I want to believe this is a rolling gate and not the contemporary.
Kindly give me the opportunity to make it for you. Thanks

Yes, it’s a sliding gate.

We will definitely work together soon.

I only take on steel works based on special request so it only come in once a while.

______
Pic - The Ibadan Gate

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:54am On Oct 28, 2020
michlins:
seriously eh. I don't know about other places but over here,a bag of cement is #5,000. But we rise like Phoenix

I think cement price is still stable here. I was on a project yesterday and we still got #2400. Though it’s a government project (Ogun state affordable housing).

Everybody in Nigeria is a SARS grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:56am On Oct 28, 2020
n3xt:

We will definitely work together soon.

I only take on steel works based on special request so it only come in once a while.

______
Pic - The Ibadan Gate
the welder did a fine job especially when it comes to finishing. But the job has taken a while in my opinion sha. It's more than two months I believe.

But nevertheless, you got something good there
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:59am On Oct 28, 2020
n3xt:

I think cement price is still stable here. I was on a project yesterday and we still got #2400. Though it’s a government project (Ogun state affordable housing).

Everybody in Nigeria is a SARS grin
I can tell you that
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:59am On Oct 28, 2020
michlins:
the welder did a fine job especially when it comes to finishing. But the job has taken a while in my opinion sha. It's more than two months I believe.

But nevertheless, you got something good there

Ha! That’s old pics. Gates completed a long time ago.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 3:02am On Oct 28, 2020
n3xt:

Ha! That’s old pics. Gates completed a long time ago.
seriously I would have expected it to be old. Fine work you got there. I'm really happy that we have people in Nigeria who can find a concept and replicate it. It's a big step in the right direction

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:02am On Oct 28, 2020
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Thank you Hajj. A client made a request for such.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:09am On Oct 28, 2020
michlins:
seriously it is very simple and beautiful. Just use strong materials like 2.5mm pan and 3mm angle iron and you have yourself a very durable gate. It's funny how beautiful things aren't too complicated

You got it Sir.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:10am On Oct 28, 2020
n3xt:

Thank you Hajj. A client made a request for such.

I know you will deliver too. Saved, if I ever needed a rolling gate in future especially auto-rolled.
Please post if you get better sleeve gates, need to replace a gate one of the supplier's driver here damaged few months ago.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 3:18am On Oct 28, 2020
michlins:

I have never doubted your abilities. Don't prove me wrong!!

After we Endsars finish I might have something then.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:21am On Oct 28, 2020
michlins:
seriously I would have expected it to be old. Fine work you got there. I'm really happy that we have people in Nigeria who can find a concept and replicate it. It's a big step in the right direction

Yes! I think Naija welders are doing great. On the flipside, it’s very hard to get a reliable carpenter/woodworkers in Nigeria.

I always give my welders and carpenters ample time and all the needed resource/support to deliver a very good job. Though at extra cost cool

———
Pic 1 - Client request
Pic 2 - Welder’s choice
Pic 3&4 - My pick

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 3:26am On Oct 28, 2020
n3xt:

Yes! I think Naija welders are doing great. On the flipside, it’s very hard to get a reliable carpenter/woodworkers in Nigeria.

I always give my welders and carpenters ample time and all the needed resource/support to deliver a very good job. Though at extra cost cool

———
Pic 1 - Client request
Pic 2 - Welder’s choice
Pic 3&4 - My pick
this type of lock isn't too common here. We always love to lock our door when we want and not involuntarily when the door jams.
Badgers14:

I have never doubted your abilities. Don't prove me wrong!!

After we Endsars finish I might have something then.
I look forward to your orders. At the bolded, I will ensure I live up to expectations.
Thanks for your trust
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 5:00am On Oct 28, 2020
michlins:

I like your business spirit chief! You still appreciate and take time to still further convince your critics.
Space and strategic location is what is delaying me doing business with you. I've read it being mentioned already that similar ones go for around 40k in Ibadan so I know your prices are very competitive and your explanations on the different grades very detailed.
I wish you best of luck.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Shezkid01(m): 7:37am On Oct 28, 2020
QSFemi:
Good evening.

The area of your room is 12.96 square metres.
If you want to tile the room, the quantity of tiles you're gonna need is 15 square metres inclusive of skirting.

If you're buying 400mm x 400mm porcelain tiles, there are 12 pieces in a carton, hence the area of 1 carton is 1.92 square metres.

For 15 square metres (quantity needed for your room), you will need approximately 8 cartons.

Cost per carton is around #2800.

I hope you find this helpful.

Yeah thanks God bless you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 9:15am On Oct 28, 2020
qwertyboss:
whats your take on this cantilever?
considering the span and beams...

Unsightly. I prefer it without the supports under
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 9:28am On Oct 28, 2020
qwertyboss:
whats your take on this cantilever?
considering the span and beams...

The architect or the oga Engineer involved in this should be handed over to SARS grin

But maybe that's what the client requested, who knows undecided
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:30am On Oct 28, 2020
earthrealm:

Unsightly. I prefer it without the supports under

It should be possible without the supports I think.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1710) (1711) (1712) (1713) (1714) (1715) (1716) ... (3708) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SanniOluwafemi(m), twinskenny(m), psychologist(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.