Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,506 members, 7,885,148 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 12:59 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4550548 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2194) (2195) (2196) (2197) (2198) (2199) (2200) ... (3712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 6:02am On May 14, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:08am On May 14, 2021
Santinojr:
Hello! Greetings to you all

I am thinking on purchasing a land ( long term investment purpose) anywhere around Lagos or Anambra State but would love to know the following;
- where’s the best location I can get value for money( any location around the above mentioned states).
- I don’t intend building on the land but as a first time land owner, what are the most important things I should know?

As one who intends to buy a land for the first time, I have done some findings but any advice I get here will be highly appreciated.

I’m not sure if he operates in Anambra but you should chat with @Spyder880 He develops estates on here and the man is a living legend.

Good luck on your future purchase.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 6:22am On May 14, 2021
n3xt:

I’m sorry this is coming rather too late. We got swamped with work.

The proposed design will help you:

- Increase efficiency and workflow
- Stick to budget while you build your restaurant

We consider mostly the operational flow of the restaurant in this design. This plan will help you properly direct foot traffic in your restaurant to prevent bottlenecks or overcrowding.
Thank you brother man

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:36am On May 14, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I’m not sure if he operates in Anambra but you should chat with @Spyder880 He develops estates on here and the man is a living legend.

Good luck on your future purchase.

Oga mi, don't let my head explode from being big this morning o grin Thank you so much Sir. I will try and respond to him.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chimexdnice1(m): 6:45am On May 14, 2021
DFAMEGUY11S:
Your quality Spanish, Italian, China and Nigeria tile ,sanitary wares ,door ,and wall paper here with affordable price am capable of delivery to any location

https://www.nairaland.com/5354301/quality-security-door-here-pictures#81167217

https://www.nairaland.com/6525569/quality-wall-paper-here-affordable#101152858

https://www.nairaland.com/5349601/pick-quality-wall-floor-tiles#81082489

https://www.nairaland.com/5349336/executive-toilet-seat-showroom-close

Do you do pay on delivery? Location is within Lagos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:46am On May 14, 2021
spyder880:

Oga mi, don't let my head explode from being big this morning o grin Thank you so much Sir. I will try and respond to him.

Chief, the longer I stay in Nigeria the more in awe I am as to how you people manage to get things done. Every business owner in Nigeria needs to be given a GCFR title.

Thanks for your leadership and showing us what is possible.

Have a wonderful day Sir.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 7:04am On May 14, 2021
Santinojr:
Hello! Greetings to you all

I am thinking on purchasing a land ( long term investment purpose) anywhere around Lagos or Anambra State but would love to know the following;
- where’s the best location I can get value for money( any location around the above mentioned states).
- I don’t intend building on the land but as a first time land owner, what are the most important things I should know?

As one who intends to buy a land for the first time, I have done some findings but any advice I get here will be highly appreciated.

I can see that Oga n3xt have done justice to the Lagos market, Anambra lands are all very competitive no matter the village you are looking. This has made the cost of the lands to be comparatively higher than it's equivalent in neighbouring states.

The reasons for Anambra lands cost is not far fetched, Anambra is a highly populous state with very small land mass, I have been to almost all Anambra towns and there is no place I can find reasonably large lands that are not owned by many people. Most Anambra people didn't even inherit lands because of their larger population to land mass ratio.

Another thing pushing Anambra lands high is the quest for industrialisation. Many of the citizens of the state are manufacturing one item or the other, and they constantly buy or expand their spaces. This is making lands costly here.

Markets are so many in Anambra that they have over 62 big markets and still building more. I heard for the first time that there is a separate market for women's wrappers last month, (not women's wears or shoes) just only wrappers!. They offload wrappers in container loads. The market is so large that I couldn't believe it. And so these markets take land spaces but employ thousands.

But with the markets and industries comes crowds of people that work and trade around the markets. And this is where commercial real estate comes in. Onitsha is full, you might never get a plot inside the city with less than M30m, so the best bet is surrounding towns to Onitsha. Obosi and Ogidi are out of it too so go to Oba, Ogbunike, Umunya or Nkwelle Ezunaka. Asaba is also looking good, although you said Anambra state. Awka is also looking good with flats and hostels.

The deal is to go for good lands with a good history, and please be ready to develop after purchase, even if it's only a fence. Any place with competitive plots is prone to land grabs.

Good morning my people.

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 7:08am On May 14, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Chief, the longer I stay in Nigeria the more in awe I am as to how you people manage to get things done. Every business owner in Nigeria needs to be given a GCFR title.

Thanks for your leadership and showing us what is possible.

Have a wonderful day Sir.

I was joking with a friend yesterday, I told him that to do business in Nigeria, one needs to do a one year military training after learning his business field grin

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 7:36am On May 14, 2021
chimexdnice1:

Do you do pay on delivery? Location is within Lagos
yeah but it depend what you are buying and again you will at least pay half of the money then rest will be pay at site

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 7:49am On May 14, 2021
Focusmind:

Apt. I went to see a tiler recommended to me by a friend where he was working in someone's house. Looking at the house, I knew money was not a problem to the owner. But the kind of finishing, mismatched tiling and irrelevant things but highly expensive I saw made me to shook my head.

See poor choices everywhere. I knew immediately that the owner paid good money for ugliness. I thought to myself that at least he should have consulted an interior decorator or visit Internet to see some modern designs considering the fact that money wasn't his problem.
Well, probably he didn't see beyond his nose. People have been using good morni for ugly finishes no be today.
There are simple but classy finishes out there.
People need to explore.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 8:10am On May 14, 2021
uncleteeh:

Well, probably he didn't see beyond his nose. People have been using good morni for ugly finishes no be today.
People need to explore.

As Egun normally say, you can't buy class. What you thought to be out of fashion may be his own pride. Each Aboki to his own kettle.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dwanay(m): 8:14am On May 14, 2021
Morning here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dwanay(m): 8:17am On May 14, 2021
It's another thing for a tiler to make recommendations and the owner going for something else entirely...taste can be really different
uncleteeh:

People need to explore.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dwanay(m): 8:38am On May 14, 2021
Call for that tiling work today

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 8:39am On May 14, 2021
Esotechng:

A detailed price of each of the listed wood would be well appreciated sir. Site location is Ajah Lagos.

Email

lifelightproperties@gmail.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 8:41am On May 14, 2021
Esotechng:

A detailed price of each of the listed wood would be well appreciated sir. Site location is Ajah Lagos.

2x2@N400

2x3@N500

2x4@N600

2x6@N1, 200

3x4@N1000

1x12@N2,000
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:42am On May 14, 2021
Greetings.

How much percentage should I expect to pay a realtor for selling a house?

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 8:56am On May 14, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Greetings.

Thanks.

10% but some sellers insist on a specific amount to pay rather than pay on percentage

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 8:57am On May 14, 2021
Where can i get cedar wood
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:20am On May 14, 2021
n3xt:

Do you have a smaller capacity of this? 1.5 - 2kva? I need something small in my design studio.

I love the remote management function.

______

[s]I also have a Mercury 1.4kva inverter (used) for sale.[/s]

My bad! It is actually 1.4kva Sukam Falcon. I dashed out my Mercury inverter 2 years ago. I'm now using Afriipower and Xantrex.

Not used to selling stuffs online sad Someone said I didn’t add picture. My junior ones don’t know I have this at home, they’ll have come to pack it.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 9:27am On May 14, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Greetings.

Thanks.

I learnt it's 5% for house and 10% for land.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PAPAFEELERS: 9:32am On May 14, 2021
michlins:
you need

5 lengths of H channel of your choice. Whether 6 by 3 or 5 by 3 will be ok

I'm traveling right now but I can tell you that quotation is very much outrageous. You don't need seven lengths of 3 by 1½ for anything. When I settle down, I will send you the quotation for the job.

Oga Michlins,

Please i need your assistance on this and trust you are settled where you are.
You are an expert in this field because your works speaks for you in this platform and elsewhere.
Can you help out with what should be the standard bill of materials that is needed for the construction of the water tank scaffold. i am not pleased with the quotations my engineer is sendiing me. the economy is not smiling hence resources has to be managed .
Please i need your help here because i got this quotation again from my engineer

6x3 h beam(40 ft) x 4 x 105,000 = #416,000
6x3 h beam(20ft) x2 x 60,000 =#120,000
75x75 angle iron x 13,000 x 7 =#91,000
2" angle iron x 25 x 5600 =#140,000
3x 1½ h beam x 9x 17000 =#153,000
18 gage pan x 3 x 15,000 =#45,000
1½ angle iron x8 x 3000 =#24,000
Guazer plate x25x 400 =# 10,000
10mm Base plate x 4x 3800 =#15,200
Foundation Bolt x 1600 x16=#25,500
Gozer Plate x400 x25 = #10,000
Brasers 200x16=#3,200
Red oxide x2x 4500 =#9000
Aluminum paint x2 x11500 =#23,000
Total = #1084,400

Cc: NEXT,SPYDER,ROTECH,SEGZY,ABDULWASTEXC
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adeoba10(m): 9:35am On May 14, 2021
DFAMEGUY11S:
Your quality Spanish, Italian, China and Nigeria tile ,sanitary wares ,door ,and wall paper here with affordable price am capable of delivery to any location

https://www.nairaland.com/5354301/quality-security-door-here-pictures#81167217

https://www.nairaland.com/6525569/quality-wall-paper-here-affordable#101152858

https://www.nairaland.com/5349601/pick-quality-wall-floor-tiles#81082489

https://www.nairaland.com/5349336/executive-toilet-seat-showroom-close

Please, is it possible to use only wallpaper for my kitchen wall and tiles the floor only?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 9:36am On May 14, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Greetings.

Thanks.
5% for either land or house and even that is negotiable

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 9:37am On May 14, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Greetings.

Thanks.

Professional realtors will insist on 10% or more, but street hustlers will accept less. For street hustlers, its not cast in stone as a lot of intrigues abound. Lots of double crossing, lots of human layering to beef up their takes, and this sometimes scatters the deal as those who feel shortchanged can sabotage the deal entirely, causing a serious delay in sales.

I was once a street hustling realtor for 2 years before setting up an outfit many years ago, that's how I cut my real estate dealership teeth grin

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:51am On May 14, 2021
spyder880:

Professional realtors will insist on 10% or more, but street hustlers will accept less. For street hustlers, its not cast in stone as a lot of intrigues abound. Lots of double crossing, lots of human layering to beef up their takes, and this sometimes scatters the deal as those who feel shortchanged can sabotage the deal entirely, causing a serious delay in sales.

I was once a street hustling realtor for 2 years before setting up an outfit many years ago, that's how I cut my real estate dealership teeth grin

Thank you Sir. He’s insisting on 10%

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:52am On May 14, 2021
DUNKA:
5% for either land or house and even that is negotiable

Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:11am On May 14, 2021
Adeoba10:

Please, is it possible to use only wallpaper for my kitchen wall and tiles the floor only?
i won’t advice wall paper for kitchen

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 10:20am On May 14, 2021
PAPAFEELERS:

Oga Michlins,

Please i need your assistance on this and trust you are settled where you are.
You are an expert in this field because your works speaks for you in this platform and elsewhere.
Can you help out with what should be the standard bill of materials that is needed for the construction of the water tank scaffold. i am not pleased with the quotations my engineer is sendiing me. the economy is not smiling hence resources has to be managed .
Please i need your help here because i got this quotation again from my engineer

6x3 h beam(40 ft) x 4 x 105,000 = #416,000
6x3 h beam(20ft) x2 x 60,000 =#120,000
75x75 angle iron x 13,000 x 7 =#91,000
2" angle iron x 25 x 5600 =#140,000
3x 1½ h beam x 9x 17000 =#153,000
18 gage pan x 3 x 15,000 =#45,000
1½ angle iron x8 x 3000 =#24,000
Guazer plate x25x 400 =# 10,000
10mm Base plate x 4x 3800 =#15,200
Foundation Bolt x 1600 x16=#25,500
Gozer Plate x400 x25 = #10,000
Brasers 200x16=#3,200
Red oxide x2x 4500 =#9000
Aluminum paint x2 x11500 =#23,000
Total = #1084,400

Cc: NEXT,SPYDER,ROTECH,SEGZY,ABDULWASTEXC
sorry for not getting back to you since. This tank material should be for 40ft tank and the labor cost inclusive right
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dwanay(m): 10:49am On May 14, 2021
No
You can let the tiles reach window level and paint the upper part...I don't think wallpaper can withstand such heat and water splashing
Adeoba10:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PAPAFEELERS: 10:52am On May 14, 2021
michlins:
sorry for not getting back to you since. This tank material should be for 40ft tank and the labor cost inclusive right
Very correct sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:54am On May 14, 2021
Dwanay:
No
You can let the tiles reach window level and paint the upper part...I don't think wallpaper can withstand such heat and water splashing

Quality wallpapers can withstand kitchen heat and occasional water splashes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2194) (2195) (2196) (2197) (2198) (2199) (2200) ... (3712) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Rany4all(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.