Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,941 members, 7,973,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 12:02 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4753509 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) (2214) (2215) (2216) ... (3763) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:03pm On May 21, 2021
diordaves:

Maybe a satisfying home is not an investment. So no need. grin cheesy smiley

I come in peace.

I saw what you did there grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 3:05pm On May 21, 2021
n3xt:

There are about 7 new projects happening within 500m around me.

They all started last week.
There is a plan from CBN to redenominate our currency.People who know are investing in property now because that's the safest place to keep money when the Dollar and other hard currencies become useless due to loss in value!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:26pm On May 21, 2021
diordaves:

I come in peace.

Shekau peace
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:31pm On May 21, 2021
The Atrium

Betwixt and Between

#XL6Trillion

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 3:44pm On May 21, 2021
diordaves:

I come in peace.

Yea, a satisfying home is not a money making venture.
Those things I compared a home with in my comment above aren't investments either.

Note : Home

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:28pm On May 21, 2021
redcliff:

are these your doors?
not quite. I made them for a client who one kind hearted member here refered me to him. Thirty four doors which were made in Nnewi and supplied to Enugu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by veekid(m): 6:05pm On May 21, 2021
n3xt:
@michlins,

As I’m typing, I just received another request to design a massive mall in Ibadan.

Where’s all these money coming from? Dem no dey use N500m build malls. Let alone talk of a mall with 2 cinemas.

Walahi, I go so design this based on my experience working with the South Africans who designed and built some of the best malls in Nigeria.
location in Ibadan?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 6:13pm On May 21, 2021
n3xt:
@michlins,

As I’m typing, I just received another request to design a massive mall in Ibadan.

Where’s all these money coming from? Dem no dey use N500m build malls. Let alone talk of a mall with 2 cinemas.

Walahi, I go so design this based on my experience working with the South Africans who designed and built some of the best malls in Nigeria.

This life sef.. in the western world, Malls are becoming obsolete..

In Nigeria, folks are still hitting their heads on the wall to build one..

Such is life !

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:33pm On May 21, 2021
This is the sample versus my job

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 6:35pm On May 21, 2021
New arrivals
60by60 Spanish tiles
Blessedsunny2 �
Head office block 10 shop 55 agric market Odun-ade bus stop badagry expressway Coker-Lagos Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:35pm On May 21, 2021
Yes I brah about my works because am good at it cool

12 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:41pm On May 21, 2021
veekid:
location in Ibadan?

Dunno
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:42pm On May 21, 2021
michlins:
This is the sample versus my job

Super nice. Well done!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:47pm On May 21, 2021
Badgers14:

Such is life !

Developing world vs Developed world.

We’ve not had one in my hometown though.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:48pm On May 21, 2021
I'm very proud of my jobs and good at it too. If I tell you I can do it, trust me I will replicate it by 90%

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 7:06pm On May 21, 2021
n3xt:
@michlins,

Very Interesting ,

I know 2 under construction , in addition to about 6 in operation
Agbowo shopping complex is under renovation and expansion , there is a lot happening in ibadan

What will determine sustainability in the long run will be location ,amenities offered , architecture , quality of build and subsequent facility management and pricing- the most important for ibadan grin grin

We dey wait for una wink

By the way we use the word mall too loosely in Nigeria , me included

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:15pm On May 21, 2021
n3xt:

Super nice. Well done!
thanks oga mi

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 7:16pm On May 21, 2021
michlins:
Yes I brah about my works because am good at it cool

Nice , seest a man diligent in his work ......

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:20pm On May 21, 2021
rmx:

Very Interesting ,

Agbowo shopping complex is under renovation and expansion , there is a lot happening in ibadan

What will determine sustainability in the long run will be location ,amenities offered , architecture , quality of build and subsequent facility management and pricing- the most important for ibadan grin grin

We dey wait for una wink

I know this. But pricing will only be a matter of time.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:24pm On May 21, 2021
Badgers14:

Such is life !

They’re behind the curve grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 7:27pm On May 21, 2021
rmx:

Very Interesting ,

We dey wait for una wink

By the way 100m mall too dey grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 7:33pm On May 21, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

They’re behind the curve grin

Definitely, North America and Europe are saturated / matured markets , we still dey Wild West here grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:39pm On May 21, 2021
Benin people we are here again, thanks for your support and patronages

Construction of contemporary design building of 8 flats . all en-suit on 910 msq of landed area.
-Site clearing done
-Site store done
- we are moulding our block to save cost . ( 9 “ block sold for N350 here.
More info later

Arbo contractor Ltd

Our lagos 12 flats project is in progress, casting of columns done

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:46pm On May 21, 2021
rmx:

By the way 100m mall too dey grin grin grin

grin grin

True, true, there are several “malls.”

The N100m is not even up to 30% of what’s required to put up a two-screen cinema in a standard mall. I think Maryland Mall is estimated to be over $15m.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 8:50pm On May 21, 2021
rotecch77:
Benin people we are here again, thanks for your support and patronages

Construction of contemporary design building of 8 flats . all en-suit on 910 msq of landed area.
-Site clearing done
-Site store done
- we are moulding our block to save cost . ( 9 “ block sold for N350 here.
More info later

350? That's expensive

Arbo contractor Ltd

Our lagos 12 flats project is in progress, casting of columns done
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:50pm On May 21, 2021
rmx:

Very Interesting ,

We dey wait for una wink

lol was at shoprite the one close to challenge last month... the place was a bit scanty o not the lagos type of crowd
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 9:11pm On May 21, 2021
Focusmind:

Other reasons for that kind of gate is to allow free flow of air and not to allow the build to look like a prison, brings out the beauty of the building, allows the occupants to see the person at the gate from their balcony, allows neighbours to see what is happening in the compound as a form of security.

It is not for the prying eyes of the passersby to see what is happening within your compound. That's my own take and how I would design mine.

Aint it passers-by or visitors that will appreciate your build and ain't they going to prey with their eyes first to see the beauty.

Neighbors beside your build will see through your gate from their home abi?
Won't neighbors eye prey before they can see what is happening?
How many air will flow through the gate?

Baba, We won't thirst for finishes that are appealing n oozes class if we don't want passers-by to appreciate our structure.
We do much of these things for people to appreciate
I come in peace
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 9:12pm On May 21, 2021
Badgers14:

Such is life !

Malls Obsolete ?? Not so far away from me is a major mall construction by venture capitalist... there are currently over 50 mall construction/plans in different stages either planning or contracts stages or construction...my county and many others count Malls as development ...its been difficult for malls with covid-19 the past one year.little ease of restrictions..people are trooping in... I live just outskirts of Gothenburg..

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:41pm On May 21, 2021
twinskenny:

lol was at shoprite the one close to challenge last month... the place was a bit scanty o not the lagos type of crowd

The mall-going culture is dwindling fast in Nigeria because most developers lack ideas that resonates with the local market.
Even most Lagos malls (Silverbird Galleria, The Palms Mall, Park ‘n’ Shop, City Mall...) didn’t get it right at the very beginning.

A smart play right now for developers would be to switch the focus from building large fancy malls in central business districts to smaller sizes like Ebeano and the likes are currently doing.

That’s why I love The Bruces.’ The Galleria wouldn’t have been a success without the cinemas which wasn’t part of the original plan. And of course, Silverbird Film distribution - a stolen idea lipsrsealed

For any mall to be successful, the management must be ready to review her strategies on an ongoing basis to meet the demands of the local market in a new way.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 10:06pm On May 21, 2021
While cement prices and materials are going up...Americans and lumber prices are all time high...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/05/05/business/lumber-prices-home-building-costs/index.html

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 10:25pm On May 21, 2021
dongc:
While cement prices and materials are going up...Americans and lumber prices are all time high...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/05/05/business/lumber-prices-home-building-costs/index.html

Steel prices are up too in China
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 10:32pm On May 21, 2021
twinskenny:

My take ...

Outside say 3 to 4 tier one cities in Nigeria , maybe another 6 or 7 state capitals , doing malls of 15 to 20k sqm lettable space or more will land you in a lot of trouble financially , maintenance wise etc , the market is not sustainable /the commercial retail tenants to fill the spaces are not there , our economy and consumer spending is not that robust . Add the rumored exit of struggling shoprite , the anchor tenant for most , you can understand the chaos that might come

I strongly believe there is market for compact malls , a few thousand sqm lettable space in fantastic location within the city at reasonable leasable price point

For the mall/ group u mentioned ,know some people there and they agree 100% with my summation , would also say it’s the only one that qualifies to be called a mall in the true sense in ibadan in my own opinion

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2210) (2211) (2212) (2213) (2214) (2215) (2216) ... (3763) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.