Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,698 members, 7,882,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 11:31 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2662) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4543635 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2659) (2660) (2661) (2662) (2663) (2664) (2665) ... (3707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IDnoble80: 6:30pm On Dec 22, 2021
dongc:

This is just over the top...seems personal now...

I don’t understand you chief, can you put yourself in those clients shoe? Or he should also do the same to you then let’s see how you will react? This doesn’t affect only him sir… it also affect a lot of us on this street…client will be skeptical about given out jobs to others here…

Has he sorted oga somehow? I am 100 percent sure the answer is no… quite unfair.

11 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:07pm On Dec 22, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
It's time to paint my house and I am looking for pointers on saving money while still doing a good job.

Thanks.

PS: Location is in Elebu, Ibadan.
@gbadexy can help you out here with cost saving mechanism.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:08pm On Dec 22, 2021
IDnoble80:

I don’t understand you chief, can you put yourself in those clients shoe? Or he should also do the same to you then let’s see how you will react? This doesn’t affect only him sir… it also affect a lot of us on this street…client will be skeptical about given out jobs to others here…

Has he sorted oga somehow? I am 100 percent sure the answer is no… quite unfair.

Because I don't come here to sing daily, they want to dress up a pig.

I laugh...

.. .

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:14pm On Dec 22, 2021
somehow:
@gbadexy can help you out here with cost saving mechanism.
agreed

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 7:19pm On Dec 22, 2021
Talking about POP/Screeding, you have a choice to use the street brands like

Accurate
Glova
Tenq
Bristol
Forever
Kings
Vicar
Peculiar
DN

With these brands, you also need to get the likes of Top Bond Glue or its substitutes and either white or black cement and water which must be added to the mix before the screeding can commence.

What I have noticed is that the consistency of the mix is different from one screeding professional to the next. I have worked with two, so I speak from experience.

Or you can use the big names like Berger Paints Rufhide, Portland Paints Sandtex Screed which are ready mix, quick drying and do not need the addition of Top Bond and white or black cement.

If you use the later big names, you can guarantee consistency of the mix across your project(s).

When I asked the guy from Sandtex he initially said 2 weeks between external screeding and painting and subsequently revised his wait time to 8 days for external screeding. I am going to ask him why he said 2 weeks first.

He also said 7 days wait time for internal screeding.

Will speak to the guys at Berger Paints tomorrow and report to the thread.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 7:40pm On Dec 22, 2021
IDnoble80:

I am not without a heart...or conscience I feel you...what does such expression I responded to help with issues Was any solution suggested ??rather it has been snide and berage of attacks...I have been here longer than most people...getting involved when you don't have all information??

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:54pm On Dec 22, 2021
dongc:

I am not without a heart...or conscience I feel you...what does such expression I responded to help with issues Was any solution suggested ??rather it has been snide and berage of attacks...I have been here longer than most people...getting involved when you don't have all information??

What information do you have to defend him?

Not like any long sermon on this thread will change anything though.

Boat has long sailed.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 7:55pm On Dec 22, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IDnoble80: 8:05pm On Dec 22, 2021
dongc:

do you have the full information more than what we know? Then share it… we all know that project Was abandoned.. project that he was paid to execute… has he reach out to the client for resolution? No he hasn’t !!! Rather he prefer to be ditching out pictures and advice here.

You can give him your project sir. Let see how he will handle it. I know a couple of good Engr here without any issue for the past 15years…

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 8:14pm On Dec 22, 2021
somehow:

What information do you have to defend him?

Not like any long sermon on this thread will change anything though.

Boat has long sailed.

Defend who ??what do you mean
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 8:16pm On Dec 22, 2021
IDnoble80:
do you have the full information more than what we know? Then share it… we all know that project Was abandoned.. project that he was paid to execute… has he reach out to the client for resolution? No he hasn’t !!! Rather he prefer to be ditching out pictures and advice here.

You can give him your project sir. Let see how he will handle it. I know a couple of good Engr here without any issue for the past 15years…

What information are talking about sir...I was only referring to personal attacks using juju etc...every other none of my business...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 8:22pm On Dec 22, 2021
IDnoble80:

Sir,
I dont have any information....nothing to share sir...you obviously know/knew more based on what you are writing...Go on....
To end this my comment was only based on your incessant use of juju always pointed at a fellow.done this few times now i believe..other than that....all the best...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cassie74: 8:26pm On Dec 22, 2021
quote author=dongc post=108731406]

What information are talking about sir...I was only referring to personal attacks using juju etc...every other none of my business...[/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cassie74: 8:28pm On Dec 22, 2021
If you can deliver quality plastering.. quote me.. house is in Abuja..a duplex.. cheers
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:38pm On Dec 22, 2021
dongc:

Defend who ??what do you mean

You know exactly what I meant!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 8:39pm On Dec 22, 2021
Cassie74:
If you can deliver quality plastering.. quote me.. house is in Abuja..a duplex.. cheers

@Rotech
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 8:42pm On Dec 22, 2021
FEGEITOK:
Has anyone on this thread used this?

Comments on the cost/alternatives/etc would be highly appreciated

Pre and post tensioned concrete slab
No go area to DIY builders

Cost
Very expensive

Alternatives
Solid slab
Ribbed slab

Working principle

High-strength steel tendons are positioned in ducts or sleeves before the concrete is placed. Once the concrete has gained strength, tension is then applied, pulling the tendons and anchoring them against the outer edges of the concrete, before service loads are applied.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:54pm On Dec 22, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:56pm On Dec 22, 2021
Charisdesigns:

Cost
Very expensive

Alternatives
Solid slab
Ribbed slab

Working principle

High-strength steel tendons are positioned in ducts or sleeves before the concrete is placed. Once the concrete has gained strength, tension is then applied, pulling the tendons and anchoring them against the outer edges of the concrete, before service loads are applied.

True talk, this is not DIY stuff for home owners

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:59pm On Dec 22, 2021
SurveyorGeo:

@Rotech

Thanks for the mentioned..chief
We are ready for such if Contacted
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:59pm On Dec 22, 2021
Cassie74:

Boss rotech77
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 9:48pm On Dec 22, 2021
Charisdesigns:

Cost
Very expensive

Alternatives
Solid slab
Ribbed slab

Working principle

Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:51pm On Dec 22, 2021
topsy23:

Boss rotech77

Thanks boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 11:38pm On Dec 22, 2021
lahizak:

How about if I wait till the next raining season. I'm not in a rush

Nothing comes down in nigeria , if it does it’s temporal grin , the major trajectory is always upward

Am always front loading or buying way in advance most of my inputs , funds permitting . e get why

Just paid for another 900 bags of superset, don’t need it now now . Got a deal for 3700 from a dealer , Will probably take it from him in 2 to 3 months time .

One of the ways I make serious money in other businesses is keeping good stocks of inputs I bought cheaper than competitors when it was cheaper and they were procrastinating . Am always amazed people don’t stock up regardless of the funding level they have . Petrol might be 320 next year . All the best

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 11:45pm On Dec 22, 2021
rmx:

Nothing comes down in nigeria , if it does it’s temporal grin , the major trajectory is always upward

Am always front loading or buying way in advance most of my inputs , funds permitting . e get why

Just paid for another 900 bags of superset, don’t need it now now . Got a deal for 3700 from a dealer , Will probably take it from him in 2 to 3 months time .

One of the ways I make serious money in other businesses is keeping good stocks of inputs I bought cheaper than competitors when it was cheaper and they were procrastinating . Am always amazed people don’t stock up regardless of the funding level they have . Petrol might be 320 next year . All the best

Plus all commodities from Tomato to Cement are controlled by shadowy cartels who dictate prices, and who are not known to dictate the price down but up

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smallsmall: 3:20am On Dec 23, 2021
Born2conquer:
Hello Family,

I came across this post on Instagram from this real estate firm asking for investors.

The question is, is it possible to earn 1.14m yearly on a 2M investment?

I have a feeling this would end badly

99.9% of this Schemes are Fraudulent.
They will promise heaven and earth when they want to get their filthy hands on your Money.
But when it is time to pay ROI, then the stories will start.
Everybody loves to make a quick buck on their investments but these are not investments, they are MMM-type of Money-doublers. grin

I can assure you that you will not get the #1.14M and your #2Million as well, best case, they will pay you with "Digital Money" on their website but will never credit your bank account with real cash.
Go on Telegram, you will see thousands of people defrauded by this Schemes, including those that claim to be Digital Agriculture based.

I will have posted a publication which is in PDF, by the International Centre for Investigative Reporting, which details their findings on these Crooks looking for unsuspecting members of the public to defraud. I cant figure out how to add PDF file of 965kb size

But then, it is still your money.... your decision.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smallsmall: 3:38am On Dec 23, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
It's time to paint my house and I am looking for pointers on saving money while still doing a good job.

Thanks.

PS: Location is in Elebu, Ibadan.

I will recommend a Painter to you, that you will eventually recommend to others,
His name is Ayinde. You can reach out to this Painter on his WhatsApp number is +234 * 8059 - 766 * 180
. (If l knew your number, l will forward to him and he will call you first, but l dont)
I know we dont want to recommend Service men / Contractors around here anymore due to betrayal of trust but l will recommend him ( he is not on Nairaland grin ), as l have done to a few people off Nairaland and he has done a good job for them, after doing a good job on my own house in Lagos.
Good thing is, his charges are moderate and dont reflect the level of work he does (I just hope 'abroad' people will not open his eyes to too much money and put us at a disadvantage undecided )
He and his Team are also from Ibadan but does most of their Painting work around Lagos Mainland and Yaba Axis on Lagos.
He is a young Man (Gbadexy has met him before ,when he supplied paint to one of my friend's House that the Painter did) and is very detailed/neat with his job.
The only way l can compensate him for always doing a good job, is to recommend him to others, especially people like Egun who have set
minimum standards.

Edit: I saw a phone number on your signature and willcopy him, to call you.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:13am On Dec 23, 2021
smallsmall:

I will recommend a Painter to you, that you will eventually recommend to others,
His name is Ayinde. You can reach out to this Painter on his WhatsApp number is +234 * 8059 - 766 * 180
. (If l knew your number, l will forward to him and he will call you first, but l dont)
I know we dont want to recommend Service men / Contractors around here anymore due to betrayal of trust but l will recommend him ( he is not on Nairaland grin ), as l have done to a few people off Nairaland and he has done a good job for them, after doing a good job on my own house in Lagos.
Good thing is, his charges are moderate and dont reflect the level of work he does (I just hope 'abroad' people will not open his eyes to too much money and put us at a disadvantage undecided )
He and his Team are also from Ibadan but does most of their Painting work around Lagos Mainland and Yaba Axis on Lagos.
He is a young Man (Gbadexy has met him before ,when he supplied paint to one of my friend's House that the Painter did) and is very detailed/neat with his job.
The only way l can compensate him for always doing a good job, is to recommend him to others, especially people like Egun who have set
minimum standards.

Edit: I saw a phone number on your signature and willcopy him, to call you.

Thank you Sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 4:28am On Dec 23, 2021
twinskenny:

[/b]Wiring before pop….[b] but if you can do both at the same time to avoid cable theft

We can handle the wiring for you….

I recommend bolu1986 for the pop but do your due findings biko
@the bolded is it main wiring or the piping?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:15am On Dec 23, 2021
bobkezel:

@the bolded is it main wiring or the piping?

Do both at the same time if available resource can accommodate it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 5:53am On Dec 23, 2021
Something tells me that due to external forces of the sun, rain and the weather one should not economize on exterior paints be it screeding, matt, emulsion.

I ran a search on Nairaland and there are less than 5 posts on rufhide(4 posts including 2 by this OP and 2 by a marketer) or sandtex screed(all 2 by this OP).

Does that mean we don't use those or we don't leave reviews after usage?

Or are we keeping what we use close to our chests?

Infact very few posts speaking of comparative analysis between various paint products.

Saw a YouTube video of a professional painter from Australia warning about a certain Dulux product but recommending another Dulux product with reasons.

Here is the series of 4 videos I am talking about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SX64e89RuU

We need more of those on these streets.

Let me share my experiences, my professional initially used Accurate for internal walls, but complained that the quality has gone down and that he has had to use double the quantity he would have used in the past to do my work, that the consistency of the product has been altered for the worse.

He then recommended another street brand, but I have opted for a higher quality than he recommended for the reasons posted in the first paragraph.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:07am On Dec 23, 2021
n3xt:
Folded roof vs origami vs contemporary shed roofing

>> #Drab2Fab2
>> #TodaysLiving
>> #OshodiChurch

Main Church Roofing Woodwork Completed. I got some time to play and explore some of my crazy ideas on the ancillary buildings and spaces grin

>> New Jerusalem Roof Makeover | It is a Folded Roof!

>> Ongoing | Prayer Ground Roofing Makeover (Pic 3)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2659) (2660) (2661) (2662) (2663) (2664) (2665) ... (3707) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.