Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,199 members, 7,880,741 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:14 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2798) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4539958 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2795) (2796) (2797) (2798) (2799) (2800) (2801) ... (3706) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pussiboner: 7:31pm On Feb 21, 2022
sonnie10:

No

Alright
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:54pm On Feb 21, 2022
pussiboner:

Alright

There is nothing special about going to Dubia. If I want to go, I won't even spend a penny. I will wait until when I am coming to Nigeria, then I will book my flight with Emirate and intentionally add 1-2 days transit through Dubia. The airline might even offer free hotel and feeding for the duration of transit.
So you see, it is not a big deal, but for some it is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 8:04pm On Feb 21, 2022
sonnie10:

There is nothing special about going to Dubia. If I want to go, I won't even spend a penny. I will wait until when I am coming to Nigeria, then I will book my flight and intentionally add 1-2 days transit through Dubia. The airline might even offer free hotel and feeding for the duration of transit.
So you see, it is not a big deal, but for some it is.
Odogwu, hapu ndia nwanna!

Habucha ndi ogbu,ndi anya ufu.

Ya gazie!!!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:06pm On Feb 21, 2022
KelvinCoaster:

Ya gazie!!!

Udo di.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:09pm On Feb 21, 2022
FEGEITOK:

About the learning, unlearning and relearning, if one cannot afford trade school because of time constraints or even money constraints, then there is YouTube, why some of these workmen don't tap into that resource is what I cannot get.

I have been doing everything to learn how to work with epoxy paints but none of the YouTube videos have worked.

First I don't know where I can get the paints.

There are things you can't learn from YouTube. It's like asking a general surgeon to learn brain surgery via YouTube. It can't work

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 8:18pm On Feb 21, 2022
KelvinCoaster:

Ya gazie!!!
Hahahahaahhaha, i was enjoying the conversation. Lolz

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:38pm On Feb 21, 2022
As promised,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 8:54pm On Feb 21, 2022
dapotemi:

Oh, I was inform I'll drill about 90 meter and the cost Ehn...no be here.
Do you mind sharing the cost and the year you did it, make I compare note..Did you make use of those Indian rig sir?
What's the result of your soil survey?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 9:01pm On Feb 21, 2022
Got you.
Born2conquer:

It's not my forte and I do not have the processing link, left to my own "limited" idea on it, na PONMO I go use am run �.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 10:45pm On Feb 21, 2022
While the mumu ones are fighting, the smart one are taking note of business opportunities and ideas.

1) Wood processing
2) Leather processing
3) Milk processing
4) Luxury furniture making / sales
5) Auction hunting and onward shipping to Nigeria
6) Electronics Warranty sales
7) Executive auto repair shop
cool Good borehole drill company/ rig
9Table water production
10) How to bring US franchise to Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 10:49pm On Feb 21, 2022
Horlardorjah:

Until we change the country from politics of thuggery and do or die. Those omo onile are not just doing omo onile, they answer to our politicians n highly placed people during election, when they want to flush out their opponents, get their items for rituals or cause mayhem.
Don't be surprised, they have commissioners of police and the likes on their speed dial and they have been to so many cells and back.

True Talk.✓

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 11:12pm On Feb 21, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I learnt a lot from this box stores because they have free classes every weekend on how to to do stuff like install kitchen sink, toilet, etc

Oh yes. I've done a lot of home improvement and repairs. Very valuable skills as a home owner.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:17pm On Feb 21, 2022
seunpinky:

Boss, that one na topic for another day.. although I understand there are several factors within the Nigerian mkt that makes open market pricing difficult..

I also saw the cut to size for a token section and yeah variety of tools at our disposal.

I believe we should all be open to learning, unlearning and relearning.

it helps us grow✓

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 11:23pm On Feb 21, 2022
FEGEITOK:

I think we also have a culture here that those kinds of activities are for the lowly placed in society.

It is not evidence of being a big man to understand how things work or even worse get dirty and fix it if it is broken. You should have the money to hire someone to do it for you.

Unlike in America that have a very active handyman culture and even normal guys tinker with their cars, they don't leave it up to workmen only.

So it maybe cultural also.

That culture will soon shift as we are finding it increasingly difficult to find skilled and honest tradespeople, we could as well be doing some stuff ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:34pm On Feb 21, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larwin(m): 12:15am On Feb 22, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

It was actually my water supplier that insisted I sink a borehole because 1) I was spending too much money and 2) The roads in my area were not palatable to him and his truck.

I really have no recommendation but Larwin is the resident borehole expert on here.

It's always the best to sink borehole before starting any project, it saves a lot of cost and stress but most people are always so eager to see the building standing...

Drilling is not an easy task and some areas are just mad, carrying out a geophysical Investigation before purchasing lands can save some heartaches.

There is no formula for getting good quantity of water from the ground, but it's always good to follow best practice as this will reduce the %error introduced by equipment and nature to the barest minimum. No geophysical Survey tool in this world can give you 100% iteration, it can just be 99%.

This is the professional truth but our people won't follow it. They want someone that will use mouth swear that there is water there, once you hear something like this, just know that the person is 100% quack.

Also terrains differs to each other, deploying rigs designed for places like Abẹ́òkúta, Ibadan to locations like mowe, ibafo, Lagos is like putting a round peg in square hole, there is no way they can handle the job! And you will keep on spending money.

Even rigs to be deployed to sedimentary areas get level, some won't just have the energy to penetrate some important rock formations which is sealing the water.

As Lagos is, we have drillings that are around 80k and we have drillings that are not less than 80m. The scope of work is different!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by badbreathcure101: 3:40am On Feb 22, 2022
MMotimo:
If you think someone that said his household income falls in an average of 100k per year is buying 18k carpets and 12k sofa sets and 8k guest room bed frame - sorry nna/nne but you deserve to be duped. There is a class of people who can afford such without breaking a sweat but they are the class that will not come to Nland to shout it out.

For the ones being peppered, understand that a lot of people will do anything to impress the gullible. Used furniture costs a very small fraction of brand new and a lot of Nigerians patronize the auctions for furniture, just like they do for vehicles. A lot of these furniture auctions have merchandise from the estate of deceased, wealthy Americans whose inheritors are trying to dispose of very high quality house furnishings so you can buy very nice pieces at a small fraction of the cost. It is a fact that some Nigerians only ever buy big ticket items at auctions because they believe that’s the best value for their money.

For those that want things they can’t afford brand new, these auctions are a treasure trove. For things they like but can’t afford, you have instalment payments or the deferred payment arrangements with stores for almost everything in the household, from electronics to furnishings. Heck, even brand new clothing and shoes have layaway arrangements so that you don’t have to pay all at once.

Nothing wrong with auctions or instalment payments if that’s how you roll but the unending deceit? The constant need to pretend to be what you aren’t in the name of pepper them? The outright lies and misrepresentation? The constant need for validation from people who could not care less? #mazialltalk

These braggarts are a dime a dozen, I already gave the 411 about them. Stay woke! Don’t allow anybody pepper you. I get dis, na me do am, na we dey dere, the truth is in the net worth, the credit reports. . . . . . . . But sha, somebody should remind me when he opens his village house because he has promised to dash out the latest iPhone as souvenirs. My phone is already 4 years old, I await the awoof.
grin grin nice one baba, I say the thunder that will strike some liars here eh it is still warming up. Most times I just read laff and scroll on. Some of us don't have time countering lies typing long sentences. Only on this forum I ve heard that Nigeria are lacking artisans and proffessionals, a country with high rate of unemployment and underemployment oh. Once they can't find someone to cheat and use his head they assume everyone else is wrong but them. They have believed their own lies

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by badbreathcure101: 3:52am On Feb 22, 2022
somehow:

Why not make a business out of this?

Buy from them and refine them?
good question grin maybe he already have enough money he's not in need of more.. their mouth for this forum will be their downfall. You asked me to mention names of those heavy mouths who do nothing, there you go!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IamSandra: 6:35am On Feb 22, 2022
Hi everyone you can call us for ur professional house painting at an affordable price
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IamSandra: 6:36am On Feb 22, 2022
henrymor:
Good afternoon my wonderful people.

Please, I have an issue o. I screeded the wall and now my painter said the wall is too smooth so I need to sand paper before he paints.

Please, I need professional advice ooo... Thanks.

You can call us for ur professional house painting
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IamSandra: 6:44am On Feb 22, 2022
henrymor:
I am confused at this point oooo... Please,I need more explanation. I don't want to paint and start seeing my walls peeling after spending money ooo

Call a professional house painting at 07989017788
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 7:18am On Feb 22, 2022
MMotimo:
If you think someone that said his household income falls in an average of 100k per year is buying 18k carpets and 12k sofa sets and 8k guest room bed frame - sorry nna/nne but you deserve to be duped. There is a class of people who can afford such without breaking a sweat but they are the class that will not come to Nland to shout it out.

For the ones being peppered, understand that a lot of people will do anything to impress the gullible. Used furniture costs a very small fraction of brand new and a lot of Nigerians patronize the auctions for furniture, just like they do for vehicles. A lot of these furniture auctions have merchandise from the estate of deceased, wealthy Americans whose inheritors are trying to dispose of very high quality house furnishings so you can buy very nice pieces at a small fraction of the cost. It is a fact that some Nigerians only ever buy big ticket items at auctions because they believe that’s the best value for their money.

For those that want things they can’t afford brand new, these auctions are a treasure trove. For things they like but can’t afford, you have instalment payments or the deferred payment arrangements with stores for almost everything in the household, from electronics to furnishings. Heck, even brand new clothing and shoes have layaway arrangements so that you don’t have to pay all at once.

Nothing wrong with auctions or instalment payments if that’s how you roll but the unending deceit? The constant need to pretend to be what you aren’t in the name of pepper them? The outright lies and misrepresentation? The constant need for validation from people who could not care less? #mazialltalk

These braggarts are a dime a dozen, I already gave the 411 about them. Stay woke! Don’t allow anybody pepper you. I get dis, na me do am, na we dey dere, the truth is in the net worth, the credit reports. . . . . . . . But sha, somebody should remind me when he opens his village house because he has promised to dash out the latest iPhone as souvenirs. My phone is already 4 years old, I await the awoof.
And lastly, I doubt if anyone is getting peppered because to a reasonable extent, most of the contributors on this thread are doing well.

Michilin, with his company
Twinskenny, with his company supervising several projects
Egun Mogaji, Nigeria today Atlanta Tomorrow with projects in Nigeria and outside (lover of bike)
Somehow, doing well with projects on the island (you need to be loaded fo have properties here)
Spyder, odogwu mazi mazi of properties
Imran, Popular on Twitter and here as a roofer
Bolu, Pop
Value Paint, paint
Gbadexy, paint producer since way back
Topsy, the real electrical engineer
Oga Hajj (Muftau), Doing exceedingly well too
Rotech, handling projects
Hargbo, owner of wpggroom, doing well

I can go on and on, while others are clients building their various houses without asking anybody for any financial help.

I've been active on this thread for years and I am yet to witness anybody asking for financial help.

People should merely be careful not to fall into scam, but peppered? No

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 7:20am On Feb 22, 2022
badbreathcure101:
good question grin maybe he already have enough money he's not in need of more.. their mouth for this forum will be their downfall. You asked me to mention names of those heavy mouths who do nothing, there you go!
You woke up on the wrong side of the bed, take your frustration out on your offline defaulters

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 7:53am On Feb 22, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:13am On Feb 22, 2022
sonnie10:

This is almost like my kitchen. But mine is of a higher quality.
The difference is on details of the cabinet (forget chrome drawer handles) . This particular cabinet does not have individually framed doors. Also like what they do in Nigeria now, cut and join work. Less carpentry work went into it.
Otherwise, it’s a nice piece.
Not from the auctions or used please.

Tufiakwa!

You talk too much, more like a woman, comparing everything with your own, and anything you see abroad with what is in Nigeria!
Take it easy nah, bros, abi sister.

12 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:15am On Feb 22, 2022
sonnie10:

Bros, we full ground. Nothing dey happen.
This your shoes talk reminds me of one of my lucky finds at the “auction”
Italian Rossini $500 last.

Very childish!

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:25am On Feb 22, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

Tufiakwa!

You talk too much, more like a woman, comparing everything with your own, and anything you see abroad with what is in Nigeria!
Take it easy nah, bros, abi sister.
I had a maths professor with PhD in maths from Harvard. One day he called me into his office and we sat down. He said, my greatest regret would be if I don’t tell people half of what I know before I leave this earth.

It stuck!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:31am On Feb 22, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

Very childish!
There is a saying in my language and I will try to write it in English.

Anyone who was not present when a body was buried would tend to exhume the corpse from the feet.

Do you even know what cyber bullying is? Do you even know how to protect yourself ? What do you think a bully fears the most?
A bulliy’s greatest fear is someone who can give it to him/her back to back.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IDnoble80: 9:08am On Feb 22, 2022
sonnie10:

There is a saying in my language and I will try to write it in English.

Anybody who was present when a body was buried would tend to exhume the corpse from the feet.

Do even know what cyber bullying is? Do you even know how to protect yourself ? What do think a bully fears the most?
A bulliies greatest fear is someone who can give it to him/her back to back.
lol why are you trying so hard ...all these are not necessary

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 9:09am On Feb 22, 2022
Done and dusted

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2795) (2796) (2797) (2798) (2799) (2800) (2801) ... (3706) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.