Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,129 members, 7,880,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:17 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3026) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4539402 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3023) (3024) (3025) (3026) (3027) (3028) (3029) ... (3706) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:17am On Jun 13, 2022
Valuepaints20:

I disagree with your interpretations about Nigeria painters sir. You don’t expect miracles to happen when you give your job to a roadsides painters. To perform a professional skills. I have hundreds of my company super drawing and cutting job with brush and can’t find any stain on the floor after work. Let us appreciate and give works to professionals not roadsides jobs seekers all in the name of cutting costs.

Are you trying to impress customers with these painting pictures?

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 10:22am On Jun 13, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Are you trying to impress customers with these painting pictures?

Thanks.

I will say YES sir! am sure of my job ni sir smiley

No one will say on this platform that ever give me work that we didn’t deliver 100%

In time of fast delivery to site and get the work done.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:27am On Jun 13, 2022
Valuepaints20:

I will say YES sir! am sure of my job ni sir smiley

No one will say on this platform that ever give me work that we didn’t deliver 100%

In time of fast delivery to site and get the work done.

Okay o.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 10:41am On Jun 13, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Okay o.

Thanks.

Thanks chief..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:54am On Jun 13, 2022
bixton:

A good builder/engineer creates setbacks in the absence of non.....or probably those who decided to create their own setback are probably just doing what is not acceptable.

Okayyy.. Oga Bixton..

So it's discretion you're talking about and not a "rule" like you said previously. Okay.

Building setbacks are 100% compulsory for several reasons. That's not what we're talking about here. It's gate house.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 11:30am On Jun 13, 2022
Rany4all:
The only benefit I see there is the cost savings. The half fence does exactly what they sought to achieve with joining the house to the fence and the peep hole...it's an overkill for me.

The half-fence means other people can see the inside of your building. This peep-hole to the street means you're at an advantage.

PIC: The pictures I'm attaching (not Internet pictures o..) were taken about 10 minutes ago..

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redcliff: 11:57am On Jun 13, 2022
Valuepaints20:

I disagree with your interpretations about Nigeria painters sir. You don’t expect miracles to happen when you give your job to a roadsides painters. To perform a professional skills. I have hundreds of my company super drawing and cutting job with brush and can’t find any stain on the floor after work. Let us appreciate and give works to professionals not roadsides jobs seekers all in the name of cutting costs.

Can you give me the same level of detailed picture that I commented on earlier?

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 12:26pm On Jun 13, 2022
topsy23:
Good afternoon my people.. The issue of theft in most of our sites these days is becoming alarming. We have a project in Abuja and the installation of first fix started last year August. The second fix was completed early December,. We are meant to start the final stage yesterday but on getting to site all cables were stolen including the load cables to the distribution .

Now who is responsible for this act? After we completed the second fix which is the cabling in early December 2021, POP contractors came and left, Tiler came and left, also the Aluminium guys also came and left . But my concern is that the builder couldn't fish out who could have done this .. Cables of about 2million naira got stolen on site and we have builder supervising the project regularly on site.

My concern is that all the cables removed would be sold as scrap maximum 30k because there was no straight l length in those cables ..

Are we going to blame government for this because of lack of job(an idle hand is a devil workshop )

My client said the it can't be tiler and POP guys because they are Togolese
The Aluminium contactor is a Nigerian and he stays more than POP and tilers on site. Who are we going to hold responsible for this act.

We got to Abuja yesterday hoping that the final fix will be completed in the next 8days.

Is there a gateman on site that's always there 24/7?

I personally don't think it's the tiler or aluminium guy.

Your workers have been the first suspect if not that you stay very far away.

These cable thieves are just demons.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 12:53pm On Jun 13, 2022
redcliff:

Can you give me the same level of detailed picture that I commented on earlier?

There’s no point on this long disagreements
Here’s our YouTube handle https://youtube.com/channel/UCqtzbGV8Su1jtcl9VCQ1pwg

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redcliff: 1:00pm On Jun 13, 2022
Valuepaints20:

There’s no point on this long disagreements
Here’s our YouTube handle https://youtube.com/channel/UCqtzbGV8Su1jtcl9VCQ1pwg
are you making the paint or applying them?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 3:32pm On Jun 13, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Also a CCTV that is not monitored or cannot be monitored remotely is not good enough.

Taking it further, where are recordings stored? on site or in the cloud?

Some thieves will take away your CCTV device

It’s seems you’re expat in this area, what brand of version of the IP cctv will you recommend for lay man like me in Nigeria situation of no light no strong internet connection finally security of network.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IamR: 3:36pm On Jun 13, 2022
I need an architect to make a 3-D architectural rendering.
You can share your work here and I will contact you to make a service centre for me. I will provide all the measurements.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 4:39pm On Jun 13, 2022
Saw this a while ago....I do wonder why some builders here with multiple jobs or have continuous jobs in same state why they don't buy bulk and store ...I know not for too long...but..

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:47pm On Jun 13, 2022
dongc:
Saw this a while ago....I do wonder why some builders here with multiple jobs or have continuous jobs in same state why they don't buy bulk and store ...I know not for too long...but..
I think storing is risky.. might expired

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:49pm On Jun 13, 2022
Let's smart up your homes... let's be part from the beginning...

Smart lighting
Smart ip cameras with remote view
Electric security fence..

Special thanks to Engr Niyi aventure. May God continue to bless you sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2022
twinskenny:
I think storing is risky.. might expired

Like i said...storing not for long...a Builder here is doing maybe 4 buildings in one state or nearby....can easily do 2000 bags for short term storage ...perhaps �
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:11pm On Jun 13, 2022
dongc:

Like i said...storing not for long...a Builder here is doing maybe 4 buildings in one state or nearby....can easily do 2000 bags for short term storage ...perhaps �
you are right sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 5:48pm On Jun 13, 2022
dbshaywhy:

I think this is still OK... Just like me now, my build indoor has been plastered but left the outdoor area letf unplaster... Till total finishing... Because I felt plastering the outdoor will mk d build flashy unlike when not plaster... I intend doing all other works indoors... Such as tiling, fitting toilets and kitchen wear, buy the cable but keep it...

Suggestion/advice is highly welcome on this plan if mine. Thanks..
cost wide, I think its a very bad Idea to plaster the internal and leave the externals, as that will now for m a new job when you price it for it to be done. I did both inside and outside on mine when I did mine. lock the protector gate keys are in my pocket, when I return again I shall start from where I end, dnt want to hear stories that touch. When I eventually start wiring we shall do it section by section and monitored make we see the magic them wan do, I recon these wires are stollen i n broad day light and not by traditional thieves but workmen

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 5:48pm On Jun 13, 2022
dongc:
this is clever
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 5:56pm On Jun 13, 2022
Spanish tiles still in stock 60by60

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 6:00pm On Jun 13, 2022
Still in stock Spanish product
Still your blessed sunny global

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 6:09pm On Jun 13, 2022
dongc:

I doubt if this price is genuine , I buy 900 bags at once , best I get is 3780 for 3x and supaset

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 6:20pm On Jun 13, 2022
rmx:

I doubt if this price is genuine , I buy 900 bags at once , best I get is 3780 for 3x and supaset

This was written in April ...he mentioned distributor discount....something that maybe affect the prices you are getting ? Are you using a distributor or buying directly sir ? He wrote more

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 6:44pm On Jun 13, 2022
dongc:

This was written in April ...he mentioned distributor discount....something that maybe affect the prices you are getting ? Are you using a distributor or buying directly sir ? He wrote more

Dangote’s official price is N3720 per bag exclusive of haulage and offloading

I buy thru distributors but I know people working there , if you can get directly or thru a distributor cheaper than 3720 let me know , there is no distributor discount for more than a year now is what am told

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 7:22pm On Jun 13, 2022
rmx:

Dangote’s official price is N3720 per bag exclusive of haulage and offloading

I buy thru distributors but I know people working there , if you can get directly or thru a distributor cheaper than 3720 let me know , there is no distributor discount for more than a year now is what am told

Alright sir....in that case the distributor is selling to you flat rates? Or family and friends package? Abi they're increasing their purchase tally ?i don't have idea the price indices with cement...April to june just felt to share free chronicle probably with wrong data but good idea...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 8:08pm On Jun 13, 2022
dongc:

Alright sir....in that case the distributor is selling to you flat rates? Or family and friends package? Abi they're increasing their purchase tally ?i don't have idea the price indices with cement...April to june just felt to share free chronicle probably with wrong data but good idea...

Something like that , buy thru a distributor mandated to sell to me at that price by someone I know , also buy 3850 from other distributors if I can’t wait for above
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 8:57pm On Jun 13, 2022
dongc:

There are alot of impractical advice online.. It's not possible that cement costs 2750 from factory and rituals at 4000 naira..

I know FinPaul Akinlaja. He's a financial analyst/ investment advisor. Some of his analysis are spot on.

Some people drop nuggets to appear clever and smart. They even lure you into some investments and one suffers loses at the end.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 9:29pm On Jun 13, 2022
KolaShangOne:

There are alot of impractical advice online.. It's not possible that cement costs 2750 from factory and rituals at 4000 naira..

I know FinPaul Akinlaja. He's a financial analyst/ investment advisor. Some of his analysis are spot on.

Some people drop nuggets to appear clever and smart. They even lure you into some investments and one suffers loses at the end.

I am not exactly sure what you are trying to say...sir read between the lines...the first part carries the weight....like I noted before...it is right advice probably wrong numbers right now...He got the numbers based on article that was written in February see link below .

https://nigerianprice.com/dangote-cement-price-today/

I mentioned factors like prices indices; price index (PI) is a measure of how prices change over a period of time, or in other words, it is a way to measure inflation.

Out of curiosity how do you Dr kalu ?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kennyz10(m): 6:55am On Jun 14, 2022
Do you mind buying a furnished house for #11m? It is possible at Lagos suburb (Sango Ota)

Offer valid while stock lasts!

0 8 0 6 6 3 0 0 0 6 1

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bigtexasroofing: 8:04am On Jun 14, 2022
If you have set aside a huge budget only to invest it on your rooftop, then go ahead and check out a stone coated steel roof. Available in various styles and colors, this roofing solution will help you save a lot on your electricity bill as it keeps the interiors cool. Although stone-coated steel roofing cost is a bit higher than other roofing systems, you won’t regret it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 8:08am On Jun 14, 2022
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos (Terms & Condition applies) ..

12v 200a .... N20,000
12v 150a.....N15,000
12v 100a.......N10,000
2v 500a ......N6,000

Free pickup within Lagos mainland ! Shared cost logistics within Lagos Island environs . . If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver (shared logistics cost depending on scrap battery quantity) ..

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

(1) (2) (3) ... (3023) (3024) (3025) (3026) (3027) (3028) (3029) ... (3706) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.