Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,391 members, 7,888,262 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:27 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4558604 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (3714) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:33pm On Jun 17, 2016
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 8:53pm On Jun 17, 2016
n3xt:

I have a suggestion for Lekki property owners on how to deal with water issues. I wish I can make a book out of this and share as a free gift to all new and prospective homeowners in Lekki.

I'll call it "A Rookies Guide ..."
Please produce the book ooo, i have land in Ibeju Lekki, all naa lekki grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:54pm On Jun 17, 2016
When trouble sleep.. yanga go wake am... wetin he dey look for? Not be Palava.

When cat sleep..... rat go bite im tail.... wetin he dey look for? Not be Palava.

Me I no dey home o. But let's kiss and makeup. Peace.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 8:57pm On Jun 17, 2016
n3xt:

In times like this while waiting for the Amala to be ready, you just want to come o Nairaland to raise an argument. This I learnt from Egunmogaji.

Na play o.

_______
I know of only 2 people who can really drive this interesting discussion. Egunmogaji and Lastpage.
I learnt attack strategies from Big Eguns and Lastpage. I always look out for the post, they know how to throw punch lines secondly or a more serious note they have great probing skills.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babalose: 9:00pm On Jun 17, 2016
@Skimanski.....cladding on brick.

Babalose
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:07pm On Jun 17, 2016
-
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 17, 2016
back2sender:

I learnt attack strategies from Big Eguns and Lastpage. I always look out for the post, they know how to throw punch lines secondly or a more serious note they have great probing skills.

The funny thing is that I'm actually a simple person with no agenda.

I come to drink from the fountain of building knowledge on here.

But somehow my most innocent posts gets turned into a wetincal measuring contest. Which is sad.

But it's good, it's Friday grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_nRa8gqqzI
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:25pm On Jun 17, 2016
-
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babalose: 9:33pm On Jun 17, 2016
@Brabus....what you are doing is not what I am talking about but it won't hurt to see the final outcome of what you are doing. I am talking of cladding on brick. Does it rust? Anything that will rust eventually is a big NO for me.

Babalose

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 9:38pm On Jun 17, 2016
Onuokwu:

I think you kicked off that "unruly girly man" behaviour by bringing a privately settled matter into a public forum and leaving behind many innuendos.

That's your own opinion. Was my post directed to anyone other than lastpage?

Some of you need to learn not to interfere into something not addressed to you. Go and read my post again and see who it was intended for. Mind you, I discussed same issue here over a year ago. It wasn't a new thing to some girly men here because they read about it before.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:47pm On Jun 17, 2016
Dieumerci:

Congrats sir.

Ok you mean to say your princess cos her mother should be your queen. kiss
yes sir.. thanks for the correction sir grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:48pm On Jun 17, 2016
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babalose: 9:50pm On Jun 17, 2016
@Brabus. ....DOES IT RUST?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 9:51pm On Jun 17, 2016
FastShipping:

That's your own opinion. Was my post directed to anyone other than lastpage?

Some of you need to learn not to interfere into something not addressed to you. Go and read my post again and see who it was intended for. Mind you, I discussed same issue here over a year ago. It wasn't a new thing to some girly men here because they read about it before.
You stirred the hornet nest so what do you expect. Anyway thanks for the clues because we now know the shyster carpentar grin, The Latest addition to this forum hall of shame cool cool

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 17, 2016
back2sender:

You stirred the hornet nest so what do you expect. Anyway thanks for the clues because we now know the shyster carpentar grin, The Latest addition to this forum hall of shame cool cool

For the love of God, Sir, the identity is still alleged. You know since the "real men" are afraid to talk grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:15pm On Jun 17, 2016
back2sender:

Abeg me I wan write name Ooh, so nah who Him B grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:18pm On Jun 17, 2016
agarawu23:
chairman, I swear the best way to control this water issue is not to buy land in a swampy or water logged area. I hate water romancing ppl's property.
So dem never learn frm my swamp foundation lol

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 10:26pm On Jun 17, 2016
brag3:
Makes sense.
I am surprised it's not widely used here.
I am sure most security lights will benefit from motion sensor lights.

on security, imagine u having the sensor lights installed with alarm system in your entire compound. once your family is off to bed, put the alarm on. Shock go chase the thief if the alarm start to dey cry with ligh fully on grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 10:34pm On Jun 17, 2016
erico2k2:

Abeg me I wan write name Ooh, so nah who Him B grin grin grin
Oga, we go replace u. Your absentee case need to be queried by elders

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:39pm On Jun 17, 2016
agarawu23:
Oga, we go replace u. Your absentee case need to be queried by elders

Baba U B learner grin grin, U no hear say POUNDS nah N505 for 9ja ni?me go look for £££££££ sharpidly grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 10:53pm On Jun 17, 2016
babalose:
@Skimanski.....cladding on brick.

Babalose

In terms of Price: Cladding is more expensive in the Short term than Normal Finished and Painted Walls. but in the Long run, it becomes more cost saving, because you do not have to paint on it, Just Clean. You do not have the Fear of rust on it.

In Terms of Aesthetics: I always say it Depends on the view of the Client. If you feel your house Looking like an office is what Pleases you then it pleases you. But if you feel your house looking Like Normal Houses works better then it does. Just that when it comes to Cladding, Those Architectural Details on certain part of the Structure, might not work, because of the cumbersome feel of Installation.

But from my own personal point of view, I can do Cladding only on Contemporary Style Houses, and not on all part of the wall but some Certain parts of the House Design, and Use wood for some parts, while i paint other parts.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 10:57pm On Jun 17, 2016
erico2k2:

Baba U B learner grin grin, U no hear say POUNDS nah N505 for 9ja ni?me go look for £££££££ sharpidly grin grin grin grin
lol, no think am o. Currency will fall on monday after cbn annonce the new official rate. Some ppl hrt are beating faster now. grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 11:06pm On Jun 17, 2016
agarawu23:
lol, no think am o. Currency will fall on monday after cbn annonce the new official rate. Some ppl hrt are beating faster now. grin
Enemy of progress grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by agarawu23(m): 11:11pm On Jun 17, 2016
erico2k2:

Enemy of progress grin grin grin grin
i be CBN? tongue

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babalose: 11:32pm On Jun 17, 2016
@Skimanski....cladding doesn't means it will look like an office. Offices in Nigeria embrace it more so most people think, it's only offices that use it. I am anti recurrent expenses. I actually intend using it for a contemporary house not a modern house. I also believe you are one of the few people who can pull it off and still make it look like a house, so your insight on the subject is very important to me.
I am happy you mentioned wood, I actually heard that well seasoned wood is hard to see in Nigeria, anyway you know better. Won't like to use wood and then it gets spoilt with the seasons. If I am wrong, I will like to be pointed in the right direction.

Babalose

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 11:38pm On Jun 17, 2016
agarawu23:
i be CBN? tongue
make monday reach sef ahhhh, make we know what part of teh fence we stand sef tongue

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:55pm On Jun 17, 2016
@EgunMogaji
Your BBM still function? Send me your new email.. got some new info on money transfer located in CA, they may have agent around you..
Better than the one I gave you last...

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 18, 2016
mufutau55:
@EgunMogaji
Your BBM still function? Send me your new email.. got some new info on money transfer located in CA, they may have agent around you..
Better than the one I gave you last...

Hajji M.

I sent you email Sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:08am On Jun 18, 2016
erico2k2:

make monday reach sef ahhhh, make we know what part of teh fence we stand sef tongue

Yes o.

But in the meantime I paid my suppliers ahead so I no hear story.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 12:55am On Jun 18, 2016
mufutau55:

You fit get 1,000 human heads? Nah "Agbako!" be that o smiley Make we just dey work, we go get there.
Hajji M.
baba show us ur boys the secret
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:58am On Jun 18, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I sent you email Sir.

Done. Thanks.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:15am On Jun 18, 2016
-

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (3714) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Adedward(m), ajabani4allah(m), Shady92(m), Reeefe(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.