Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,349 members, 7,888,115 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:41 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4558160 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (3714) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 8:16pm On Jun 24, 2016
I did not read where he said he will shoot someone not to talk of his ex-Builder, he asked for where he can buy a gun, what he wants to use it for is another story, maybe to hunt bush meat grin ? Who knows.

lastpage:

Motive: He messed-Up my building Job (Very strong one)

Means: Soliciting and Seeking to acquire a Gun

Opportunity: Blue Pally to bail-out within 10mins, (as stated openly, in his post!) of doing "a favor"! shocked

Just read that post again! it is slam-dunk. undecided undecided

#AnAngryManIsDangerous

"Never make a decision especially you are angry".

If l were him, l will take down those comments IMMEDIATELY....NOW, NOW!

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 8:19pm On Jun 24, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Okay let's get started.

QC1 - what is the current status? I believe it rained in Lagos recently.

AbdulWastecx - you were going to travel to Lagos I thought, could you make a detour and make a site visit to appraise the situation?

Good-Man You!
(I even added Color!) shocked shocked

I will post my own "comprehensive suggestions" very soon.
Let others also chip-in.
Civil Engineers in the house can then see which one can work, which one wont, which one will cost less, e.t.c.

All hands need to be on deck.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 8:20pm On Jun 24, 2016
mavverick:
I did not read where he said he will shoot someone not to talk of his ex-Builder, he asked for where he can buy a gun, what he wants to use it for is another story, maybe to hunt bush meat grin ? Who knows.

O-Y-O.

Dont read in isolation.
Much has been said on the matter.
lets move on.

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brag3: 8:21pm On Jun 24, 2016
This was exactly my point here.

Folks have jumped to conclusion that OP wants to use it to shoot someone when all he did was ask for a firearm. He may need it to protect his family and that's not a bad thing. Or is it?

mavverick:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 8:24pm On Jun 24, 2016
Abdulwastec
The call to duty has been sounded, what help can you offer Sir QC ? I know you are far away, but i am sure during your visit to lagos, you can make a pit stop. Please ......

Adventures/Spyder/Segemoore, let us put away the sentiment of "who send you go brabus" and let us see how you can help a brother. I dont think he would expect you to use your money to fix it, but a plan of action is what is needed now.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 8:26pm On Jun 24, 2016
I dont think its a bad thing, and in fact if QC1 is based in USA, according to the 2nd amendment, he has a right to carry arms.

I am sure Haji get guns of various sizes, have you noticed how haji never complains about any builder, i think they may know what is coming if they mess up with haji. Haji, I am only joking oo. Happy Friday

brag3:
This was exactly my point here.

Folks have jumped to conclusion that OP wants to use it to shoot someone when all he did was ask for a firearm. He may need it to protect his family and that's not a bad thing. Or is it?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 8:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
mavverick:
I was extremely lucky, I had done a lot of reading up and learnt a lot from NL.
Before Bosun starts to claim credit for the use and implementation of hardcore, see the discussion that led to it. It was my idea, even from thousands of miles away, I was telling my engineer how to do his job, engineer and engineer mistress as well !

And I insisted I pay for it...

Hardcore is not ALWAYS COMPULSORY as he said. That is CORRECT

I am sure Abdulwastecx and other Engineers/Builders in the house will CONFIRM to us that it is not a "structural integrity" additive to a Building.
HardCore is used to REDUCE the quantity of Cement Concrete used in a German Floor.

"If" you want it and it is not part of the agreement...YOU pay for it naah.

Let us stop "digging-up issues" just to elongate this conversation.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by crisisng: 8:30pm On Jun 24, 2016
All this talk of firearms and shooting people. Please bear in mind I work for the police force and I won't hesitate to arrest anyone that takes the law into their hands.

Be warned

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EndiaSami: 8:33pm On Jun 24, 2016
mavverick:
I dont think its a bad thing, and in fact if QC1 is based in USA, according to the 2nd amendment, he has a right to carry arms.

I am sure Haji get guns of various sizes, have you noticed how haji never complains about any builder, i think they may know what is coming if they mess up with haji. Haji, I am only joking oo. Happy Friday

cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 8:38pm On Jun 24, 2016
@ agarawu , egunmojagi , please when is this fight between mavverick and bosun going to end ?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EndiaSami: 8:39pm On Jun 24, 2016
crisisng:
All this talk of firearms and shooting people. Please bear in mind I work for the police force and I won't hesitate to arrest anyone that takes the law into their hands.

Be warned

Lol
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 8:39pm On Jun 24, 2016
I think my message was directed at brabus, and noone else ! and no need to rehash whats already been stated to elongate the conversation.

Did i say it was compulsory (Standard)?
Did I not say i would pay for it

I think it was clear that the german floor was going to be raised a bit to compensate for the hardcore application.

I want it, I paid for it, I didnt complain, I directed post at brabus, it gets implemented so what is there to ask engineer again !!
Na wa oo

lastpage:

Hardcore is not ALWAYS COMPULSORY as he said. That is CORRECT

I am sure Abdulwastecx and other Engineers/Builders in the house will CONFIRM to us that it is not a "structural integrity" additive to a Building.
HardCore is used to REDUCE the quantity of Cement Concrete used in a German Floor.

"If" you want it and it is not part of the agreement...YOU pay for it naah.

Let us stop "digging-up issues" just to elongate this conversation.

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 24, 2016
crisisng:

Be warned

Please Mr. Police, send this officer to come because I ran a stop sign this morning grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 8:47pm On Jun 24, 2016
mavverick:
I was extremely lucky, I had done a lot of reading up and learnt a lot from NL. This is what happened during my german floor, me and Bosun had rows and rows, and a friend of mine (name whitheld) had to reconcile us. He didnt deliver the number of trips of sand that i paid for, in the end I had to start ordering it myself, and paying labourers myself. Whats the F******* point of an Engineer then or a QUACK !

I do not see any 12mm rods on QC foundation, QC please confirm as this is very important.

Before Bosun starts to claim credit for the use and implementation of hardcore, see the discussion that led to it. It was my idea, even from thousands of miles away, I was telling my engineer how to do his job, engineer and engineer mistress as well !

And I insisted I pay for it, he wanted to defraud me but he didnt know I have eyes at the back of my head, paid 300k for 2 trucks, he dropped only one and wanted to use it like that, but i insisted i needed to see the picture of the second drop.

Maverick who is that lady walking any how on the hardcore? Is that Lanicky on nairaland?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 24, 2016
AZUH:
@ agarawu , egunmojagi , please when is this fight between mavverick and bosun going to end ?

I don't know but I personally won't stop bringing his previous failed work up until he apologizes for calling my roof "orule abule".

I know he won't and I won't stop either grin

But it's Friday and a payday Friday so we get to eat meat again at my house cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ugo99: 8:54pm On Jun 24, 2016
Lastpage how much are you being paid for being this person called Brabus best man ? Abi wetin concern fowl with toothpick

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 9:03pm On Jun 24, 2016
@ egunmojagi what is orule abule?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 9:13pm On Jun 24, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Okay let's get started.

QC1 - what is the current status? I believe it rained in Lagos recently.

AbdulWastecx - you were going to travel to Lagos I thought, could you make a detour and make a site visit to appraise the situation?

I will try to make a stop sir.... Getting a good solution will be great

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 9:15pm On Jun 24, 2016
lastpage:

Haahaaahaaa!

Shey l nor tell you?
This "Egun" nor be Masquerade wey fall from heaven! grin
Na humanbeing dey hide under that cloth-garb!
undecided undecided

Lastpage!

Okay, enough is enough. Lets make progress!
Can we start making suggestions on how to save this building?
We never know where the brilliant idea/inspiration might come from.

Question: What will you do to SAVE this house (at the current state), if it were yours
Opportunity to contribute to this present Discuss!
As a pragmatic, common sense person, I would ask that a ditch like gutter be dug some safe distance around the building so that the ground water there can drain off the foundation and pool into the gutter, much like a well.
I may have the type of cast gutter that has U shape made and fitted invertedly so that the gutter still has fresh earth for easy and continuous pooling if the ground water there and the solid sides would prevent the ground from caving in from both sides and allow it to be walked over on top.
The water is then channeled out and made to slope downward.
To minimize sinking of the building, I will try to float it by spreading the weight over a larger surface area.
I would commission an innovative and ambitious engineer to bore holes at strategic points on the foundation wall, fix the iron reinforcement with the ones on the foundation walls and extend it to throughout the compound, and over the gutter too.
Then I would have concrete casted so that the compound is covered including a column connected to the foundation.
In that way, the whole compound is casted in concrete and the reinforced concrete is extended through the foundation walls.
I would want to assume the downward force exerted by the building downward would then be distributed over the whole compound. The whole casted compound has to go down with the building for ant sinking to occur.
I watch national geographic and other informative channels, the whites don't think any thing impossible, even if it's not conventional.
If I was the owner of this house, I don't have much to lose. I would try it.
Same way I've started pop emulsion paint in powder form to be mixed with water to give the regular pop paint in 4kg to by pass using plastic container even though my distributors expectedly tried to discourage me because we are too used to convention.
I hope engineers here can help interprete this professionally and most importantly, I hope it helps.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 9:21pm On Jun 24, 2016
The woman you see there is Bosun's elder sister. No pun intended
She was on Bosun payroll, and despite the fact that I paid for engineer na Lanicky i come get at one stage. See why i said some of us in diaspora don suffer for engineer hand !

3strikes:

Maverick who is that lady walking any how on the hardcore? Is that Lanicky on nairaland?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 24, 2016
AZUH:
@ egunmojagi what is orule abule?

Village Roof
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 9:34pm On Jun 24, 2016
mavverick:
The woman you see there is Bosun's elder sister. No pun intended
She was on Bosun payroll, and despite the fact that I paid for engineer na Lanicky i come get at one stage. See why i said some of us in diaspora don suffer for engineer hand !

Are you serious right now? So Bosun's sister is the site supervisor? And we still wonder why all this plunders are happening with our projects?

This Bosun Nexthome have no regards for our hard earned money at all o.

He will start your project, mess it up and still have the audacity to yab you about it. SMH

By the way If you think every thing went smooth with that green house Bosun have being bragging about here...

Just staytuned. this one na Redeemed church member project kasala o.even with police statements. Just hang tight folks

What is that green house project of his called again? K something or The Reserve

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 9:37pm On Jun 24, 2016
@ egunmogaji you and I knw the truth . Are you building that house for a client ? Be careful some people don't have power to fight like mavverick they will just go to baba . ...........I am a business man and I think I am we'll exposed . Bosun is a professional builder . For mavverick case I don't really know what happened sometimes it's like that .

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RichYoungRuler(m): 9:51pm On Jun 24, 2016
gbadexy:

Opportunity to contribute to this present Discuss!
As a pragmatic, common sense person, I would ask that a ditch like gutter be dug some safe distance around the building...
The water is then channeled out and made to slope downward.
To minimize sinking of the building, I will try to float it by spreading the weight over a larger surface area.
I hope engineers here can help interprete this professionally and most importantly, I hope it .
Hi Boss; you spoke of creating a sump and also creating aprons the way a raft slab can be extended at the bottom (like heel something like a humans feet in spreading body weight). I really don't know the scenario but what u have written can help reduce water from one place into the sump and can also reduce load from an area by spreading outwards. Kudos!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ahmedonia4real(m): 10:02pm On Jun 24, 2016
[quote author=AZUH post=46898278]@ egunmogaji you and I knw the truth . Are you building that house for a client ? Be careful some people don't have power to fight like mavverick they will just go to baba . ...........I am a business man and I think I am we'll exposed . Bosun is a professional builder . For mavverick case I don't really know what happened sometimes it's like that . [/quote

AZUH.......when will you return from Germany ?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brag3: 10:03pm On Jun 24, 2016
Is this AZUH's madam? grin grin

[quote author=ahmedonia4real post=46898929][/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FreeWorld23: 10:15pm On Jun 24, 2016
3strikes:

Agarawu you sef don dey sell guns? A lot of cowboys on property section o. Your gun no go fit work on Bosun. Brabus na Jazz man na grin. How you won take see am sef. Person wey dey construct burglary proof to protect himself and family.... grin
guns that I sell are soaked with charms from saki (oyo state)

As I open this thread see new 3 pages, I know its all about brabus

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FreeWorld23: 10:29pm On Jun 24, 2016
3strikes:
Same Naija law that can't even prosecute Saraki?

grin

So agarawu wey be bosun friend na him won sell gun online to client...na who say make street take over few days ago again?

Be like street don dey take over on this thread o

Like I said...make everybody calm down na.

i am a friend to everyone here except those that are feeling I am too small to dine with them.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FreeWorld23: 10:35pm On Jun 24, 2016
mavverick:
So how many rides does agarawu have then ? and what are the plate numbers !! DInO1 DinO2
And despite being Dino, he still dey sell gun online ?
Na wa oo grin

I remain kowope and not dino. I am not a politician. I just wanna help Qc case ni. wink
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 24, 2016
AZUH:
@ egunmogaji you and I knw the truth . Are you building that house for a client ? Be careful some people don't have power to fight like mavverick they will just go to baba . ...........I am a business man and I think I am we'll exposed . Bosun is a professional builder . For mavverick case I don't really know what happened sometimes it's like that .

Azuh, I'm from Ijebu Ode, Ogun State grin

Nkan ti baba fi nje eko, abe ewe lowa.

Egun "Adakejeje ja bi esu" Mogaji wink
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 10:38pm On Jun 24, 2016
RichYoungRuler:

Hi Boss; you spoke of creating a sump and also creating aprons the way a raft slab can be extended at the bottom (like heel something like a humans feet in spreading body weight). I really don't know the scenario but what u have written can help reduce water from one place into the sump and can also reduce load from an area by spreading outwards. Kudos!!!
Thanks for the professional Input. I wasn't going off course eventually grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FreeWorld23: 10:50pm On Jun 24, 2016
crisisng:

Be warned

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (3714) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Tochex101(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.