Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,599 members, 7,914,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 09:17 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3729) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4621655 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3726) (3727) (3728) (3729) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 11:11am On Aug 07
Beframia:

Here's your answer: 210.6064sqm

Don't ask me how I arrived at this because the assumptions plenty and the process long.
grin

Lols abeg tell me how ohhh
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beframia: 11:57am On Aug 07
See the workings below:

*House base area= 9.6 * 9.6= 92.16sqm
*Eaves = 0.5m (see what it means in the image in the link I shared with you).

*Pitch = 4.2/4.8 = 0.875 (where 4.2 is kingpost height and 4.8 is half of the width of the house)
Convert 0.875 to fraction with 12 as denominator... which gives 10.5/12 approximately 11/12 .... This is the roof pitch.

Input house base area, eaves and roof pitch in the calculator to get 155.2 sqm.

*Multiply 155.2 by the correction factor of 1.357 which corresponds to 11/12 roof pitch (scroll to the bottom of the calculator page).
Ans is 210.6064 sqm.

This is not an absolute answer, it is subject to corrections and criticism.

Reeefe:

Lols abeg tell me how ohhh
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 2:22pm On Aug 07
Reeefe:

Is this 3 or 4 ft?
3ft.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 2:25pm On Aug 07
kumari089:

What's the size of the door and for how much are you selling it.
its upthere- 900cm(3ft)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Skydivine: 4:50pm On Aug 07
Charisdesigns:
3 bedrooms bungalow design

For everything bungalow

https://www.nairaland.com/5783134/thread-bungalow-designs.we-offer-planningdesigning/4

This material is not available anywhere in Nigeria

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by akeme1: 6:19pm On Aug 07
Please what is the price of one tonne of 12mm iron rods in Ajah Lagos?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 7:04pm On Aug 07
Beframia:

See the workings below:

*Pitch = 4.2/4.8 = 0.875 (where 4.2 is kingpost height and 4.8 is half of the width of the house)
Convert 0.875 to fraction with 12 as denominator... which gives 10.5/12 approximately 11/12 .... This is the roof pitch.

*Multiply 155.2 by the correction factor of 1.357 which corresponds to 11/12 roof pitch (scroll to the bottom of the calculator page).
Ans is 210.6064 sqm.

Sharp sharp sharp. I really appreciate 🙏🏽
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 7:10pm On Aug 07
Today - Grace and peace be multiplied to you🙏
The Holy Spirit shall lead you, The wisdom of God shall guide you, The glory of God shall cover you 🙏
Everything shall work for your good this week and beyond 🙏
IT IS WELL WITH YOU🙏
Do have a wonderful week of miracles 🙏

Still your Blessed Sunny global investment home of building materials and also blessed sam building materials enterprises,
cares🥂

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 7:14pm On Aug 07
Still your blessed Sunny also blessed sam building materials
Thanks for all your patronizing, I really appreciate 🥂

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ajabani4allah(m): 10:57pm On Aug 07
Beframia:

See the workings below:

Ans is 210.6064 sqm.

Pls is the correction factor the same as the waste factor which should be between 10 to 20%? Because if we take even the 20% waste factor into consideration we will multiply 155.2 by 1.20 and that will give 186.24m2
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kilowian: 12:50am
Who has a neat used gate for sale here around Lagos or Sango otta.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CELEBRITYSAND: 1:56am
Dear builders,

You can request online 08037136667   for supply of your bulding materials at a competitive price such as:
1. Granite
2. Sharp sand
3. Plaster sand
4. Top soil
5Filling Sand
6 concrete block.
7 blocks.
Site management  services
We deliver anywhere in   Nigeria

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PqsMike: 6:53am
Hello Everyone...! I am a registered Quantity surveyor. A freelance quantity surveyor with over 11years of experience. I have worked in several projects in and out of Lagos state. From industrial projects to residential projects.

If you are a building/civil engineering contractor or a n individual planning to start a project.. thisnis an opportunity for you to get the best hands o your project. You will never run at a loss.

In case you need my services, send me a mail on freelanceqs01@gmail.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Philipok: 7:22am
Call for ur artwork mouldings,08165523784.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:31am
Kilowian:
Who has a neat used gate for sale here around Lagos or Sango otta.

I have one very rugged
Reach out to me through my siggy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chammpagne: 9:05am
I need a professional in Lagos that can handle range plastering and also precast artwork . For a 3beedroom bungalow

(1) (2) (3) ... (3726) (3727) (3728) (3729) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Chammpagne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.