Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,175 members, 7,880,663 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:31 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (471) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4539728 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (3706) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 6:28pm On Aug 12, 2016
n3xt:

I remain committed to the cause for a good reason. Watch new things unfolding.

When you continue to wail and no one cares anymore grin

Brabus and Innuendos! Kwantinue!!
Your dark fan-base is increasing.

After some prominent names took fatal bullets while trying to salvage what was left of you!!!

I thought u were wiser than this. You STILL NEED NAIRALAND to thrive.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 6:34pm On Aug 12, 2016
I dont know where u got those pics but this is what was removed from the roof.

I was told its longspan.

grin grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:39pm On Aug 12, 2016
3strikes:

I was told its longspan.

grin grin

You mean that's what's left of the roof after continuous marching of the roof by the window hood man, bricklayers and repairers.

So pathetic! Next time, it's better to complete your plastering before installing the roof.

Should I show you how it's done on my chateau? You really won't like to see that.

I don't really want to say this but...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by itswell1: 6:40pm On Aug 12, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Technically yes but it'll be ridiculously heavy.

We're using plastic standoff here and even reducing use of wire ties.
Aventure, segcymoor, oga spyder, Hajji etc Do we have this material in Nigeria? Or has anyone used this on a project?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 6:43pm On Aug 12, 2016
n3xt:

You mean that's what's left of the roof after continuous marching of the roof by the window hood man, bricklayers and repairers.

So pathetic! Next time, it's better to complete your plastering before installing the roof.

Should I show you how it's done on my chateau? You really won't like to see that.

Is that a longspan or steptile? that was the question but For entertainment sake yes show us how it was done at the chateau de fraudster...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 6:47pm On Aug 12, 2016
WARNING
if youre in the market right now for cables you need to be very very careful!!! the recent increase in prices of “Made in Nigeria” cables has further widened the gap between real Nigeria cables and thier imitations or fake.

Note: when i say imitation or fake i dont mean some imported unknown brand that merely has onething-onething Nigeria wire and cable engraved on the body,( these you can easily avoid just by thier name) I'm talking about imitations of our major cable brands… same name, same label, packaging same all that.

The current price increase has practically doubled the profitability and hence increased the supply of imported variants of these real Made in Nigeria cables. Its a gold mine right now for many sellers. They remove a few hundred bucks from the prevailing market or distributor prices so the price doesn’t appear suspicious or too good to be true and…. slam dunk! Buyers be falling over themselves.

The first time i heard that an exact imitation of COLEMAN was in the market was last week saturday when i ws discussing with another distributor about another impending (possible) increase .He mentioned it and I thought he was exaggerating and it was probably just another closely spelt name. between saturday and today, i have confirmed this inforamtion from two other reliable sources. that this cable is infact growing in circulation and is being secretly sold to sellers on a tight man-know-man arrangement. obviously no benefactors will be willing to point a finger. What makes these cables even more dangerous is that for an end user and many electricians its impossible to detect from mere visual inspection of the coil because the engraved name, label and packaging are identical. you have to dig deeper.

So Since they're identical, whats the big deal in buying them??... they're only identical in appearance (branding & packaging) In terms of value quality and content... what you're getting is a far cry from the real deal.. at almost the same cost.

You looseout in one or more of these three areas:
(1) conductor diameter
(2) conductor material
(3) cable length

....contd

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 6:50pm On Aug 12, 2016
(1)

This is achieved by hiding a smaller conductor in a very thick pvc insulation to mask the true size.

The attached pictures show a coil of red cable clearly labelled as NIgerchin 6mm2 cable with the quality holographic seal, serial number etc all intact .pic 3 (this would pass anyday as genuine; from external visual inspection).. And another sample of the same 6mm cable in green, from Nigerchin.

On the outside, the red cable looks normal , same size you would expect a 6mm cable to be, Infact it looks larger or thicker than the green sample. but in reality the conductor has been sized down. In pic1 you can see from the huge difference in size between the conductor in the green sample which is true to size, and that in the red, which is a cleverly faked Nigerchin cable.
So what you see clearly labelled as 6mm2 is in the true sense about 2.5mm2 covered in a tonn of rubber. Calculate the cost difference between 2.5mm2 and 6mm2 and you’ll understand what I mean by profitability

...contd

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:53pm On Aug 12, 2016
3strikes:

Is that a longspan or steptile? For entertainment sake yes show us how it was done at the chateau de fraudster...

Despite what it did to you, "This is how we do it"

Maintenance-free. Remember the slogan "No one climbs my roof after its done"

The chateau is not for public domain again as it has been found to cause heartache for a particular demographic.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 6:54pm On Aug 12, 2016
n3xt:

Just want to let you know that they are looking for you in Ajah to come and pay up ur debt o.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:02pm On Aug 12, 2016
3strikes:

Just want to let you know that they are looking for you in Ajah to come and pay up ur debt o.

Oops! Longspan with step tiles design bursted. Next is 20k.

Now tell your messenger to tell Alhaja to chase Akeem who owed him and not Bosun.

Is that clear?

I've cut ties with all those giving you info about me. Now, you can only rely on hearsays. Sorry, I got better things (within 20km radius) competing for my time now.

Hope you had fun? It's been a while ma fiend grin

________
Wait in line for the next Big announcement! There are no more roundup rumours.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 7:05pm On Aug 12, 2016
You didnt answer na...you were paid to use a steptile. you used longspan with step tile design(metrocopo). abi picture dey lie again?

You are just a fraud!

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FreeWorld23: 7:08pm On Aug 12, 2016
When you offer cheap price and expect them to give you perfect work without heeding to advice; that's what you get grin grin grin

That's how he talks to everyone in a rude way?
No wonder their house is leaking grin grin

Just passing grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 7:16pm On Aug 12, 2016
FreeWorld23:
When you offer cheap price and expect them to give you perfect work without heeding to advice; that's what you get grin grin grin

Just passing grin grin

is it friday again?

You are angry say I don dey burst your oga bubbles again. thats what am here to do. you wont be getting paid from the fraudulent proceeds anytime soon. atleast not from nairaland. so manage the 50k you won well

I understand you just have to drop a comment......I can understand. hungry man na angry man.....no love lost yet. grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 7:17pm On Aug 12, 2016
podosci:

Electricity used to be 22hrs daily but since this new government took over, the electricity situation as been very bad. Its not too late to move over here, Its about 40minutes drive to the Abuja city centre and 1hr30mins to the airport.
This kind of comments make me sick !!! when new goverment took over the electricity situation as being very bad!!!! Do you ever ask those people that are blowing the gas line that suppose to supply to the genarating plant. Those are the poeple that never want Nigeria to have a steady light. It not like in the past when goverment pay criminal millions of dollar to keep them away form doing there devilish art. How long do we going to be doing that. Thank God the money is no more there like when the oil was selling for $130 a barrel.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 7:17pm On Aug 12, 2016
@AllCopacetic
Thanks for heads up.

You just made it harder for me to buy from another source but you.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 7:18pm On Aug 12, 2016
I need 3,000 blocks, but I requested for 1,000 just to see the quality.

From just a visual inspection, how do these blocks look for fencing?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FreeWorld23: 7:23pm On Aug 12, 2016
3strikes:

is it friday again?

You are angry say I don dey burst your oga bubbles again. thats what am here to do. you wont be getting paid from the fraudulent proceeds anytime soon. atleast not from nairaland.

I understand you just have to drop a comment......I can understand. hungry man na angry man.....no love lost yet. grin grin grin grin grin grin
why you aren't calling him out on his threads still baffles me.

We have been enjoying this thread for days now before you carry your wahala come again.

How do ppl cope with you offline sef

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 7:38pm On Aug 12, 2016
FreeWorld23:
why you aren't calling him out on his threads still baffles me.

We have been enjoying this thread for days now before you carry your wahala come again.

How do ppl cope with you offline sef

15051. FreeWorld23: Quote Post

Just passing grin grin

Am actually a nice guy offline o...... I just know how to handle people like you very well. I let you display Ur stupidity then I will now finish you with the facts. sound fair to you? keep pushing your luck. Head wey go collect vulture, if you give am the fattest turkey e no go collect....

You obviously cant read to comprehend..... The argument with your boss Bosun is why did he use long-span with step-tile design for me when what i paid him for and we agreed on was step-tile but we all understand why you made such comment tho.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FreeWorld23: 7:41pm On Aug 12, 2016
[s]
3strikes:

Am actually a nice guy offline o...... I just know how to handle people like you very well. I let you display ur stupidity then I will now finish you with the facts. sound fair to you? keep pushing your luck. Head wey go collect vulture, if you give am the fattest turkey e no go collect....

[/s]leave this thread for us pls. The thread sweet when u know dey. They are threads you can call out your clients.

Yes! Leave

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:48pm On Aug 12, 2016
msogunro:

Not bad. Let the show begin baba.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by podosci(m): 7:48pm On Aug 12, 2016
kopell:
This kind of comments make me sick !!! when new goverment took over the electricity situation as being very bad!!!! Do you ever ask those people that are blowing the gas line that suppose to supply to the genarating plant. Those are the poeple that never want Nigeria to have a steady light. It not like in the past when goverment pay criminal millions of dollar to keep them away form doing there devilish art. How long do we going to be doing that. Thank God the money is no more there like when the oil was selling for $130 a barrel.
Haba, i am not blaming anybody ooo, i am just pointing out my observations...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Happykay: 7:51pm On Aug 12, 2016
ugo99:
What do you mean by stones and truck
He appears to be knowleageable in the construction field

Bosun shoyeye is a nightmare
He has bad review
He had 7 clients here on nairaland and they all parted with fight
He's arrogant
He will tell us your age ( maverick is 32 years ) he told us here

He's very notorious for building sinking houses
In all he's mr jack

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Miscellaneous(m): 8:00pm On Aug 12, 2016
kopell:

Sorry to come in here. Do u think these set of people were not alive during the tenure of Obasanjo, yaradua or Gej? Of course they were! The problem is this, Buhari does not have the driving power as expected.... truth must be told. Blames should be on buhari & not those who blow pipelines. If u are still bent on arguing this, I am here ... we can even create a separate thread so as not to derail this one. thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:01pm On Aug 12, 2016
Trust me, I got this one!!!

Maturity separates real men from the boys. They do not turn themselves in public nuisance in order to air their grievances.

#K-024

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 8:07pm On Aug 12, 2016
Lets discuss this build by Bosun brabus of N3xt home for a minute...
I bet they wont like it.

Bosun built this for a nairalander client and he still have the audacity to advise him to retire back to naija from Canada....atleast if you hate person you go hide am small na.

You built him a bad and sinking house and still telling him to leave Canada and relocate to Naija in this recession.

grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by TLAX: 8:07pm On Aug 12, 2016
allCopacetic:
WARNING
if youre in the market right now for cables you need to be very very careful!!! the recent increase in prices of “Made in Nigeria” cables has further widened the gap between real Nigeria cables and thier imitations or fake.

Note: when i say imitation or fake i dont mean some imported unknown brand that merely has onething-onething Nigeria wire and cable engraved on the body,( these you can easily avoid just by thier name) I'm talking about imitations of our major cable brands… same name, same label, packaging same all that.

The current price increase has practically doubled the profitability and hence increased the supply of imported variants of these real Made in Nigeria cables. Its a gold mine right now for many sellers. They remove a few hundred bucks from the prevailing market or distributor prices so the price doesn’t appear suspicious or too good to be true and…. slam dunk! Buyers be falling over themselves.

The first time i heard that an exact imitation of COLEMAN was in the market was last week saturday when i ws discussing with another distributor about another impending (possible) increase .He mentioned it and I thought he was exaggerating and it was probably just another closely spelt name. between saturday and today, i have confirmed this inforamtion from two other reliable sources. that this cable is infact growing in circulation and is being secretly sold to sellers on a tight man-know-man arrangement. obviously no benefactors will be willing to point a finger. What makes these cables even more dangerous is that for an end user and many electricians its impossible to detect from mere visual inspection of the coil because the engraved name, label and packaging are identical. you have to dig deeper.

So Since they're identical, whats the big deal in buying them??... they're only identical in appearance (branding & packaging) In terms of value quality and content... what you're getting is a far cry from the real deal.. at almost the same cost.

You looseout in one or more of these three areas:
(1) conductor diameter
(2) conductor material
(3) cable length

....contd

I got the shock of my life when i got a quote direct from a reputable manufacturer in the East. This explains it. They have increased prices and i think this just creates opportunities for foreign cables to take over the market.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:09pm On Aug 12, 2016
kopell:
can I ask U a question, name the numbers of power station using gas as source of propalant
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 12, 2016
3strikes:

I was told its longspan.

grin grin

What gauge is that?

It took some beating no wonder it was leaking.

God will replenish your pocket.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:26pm On Aug 12, 2016
44chux:

Brabus and Innuendos! Kwantinue!!
Your dark fan-base is increasing.

After some prominent names took fatal bullets while trying to salvage what was left of you!!!

I thought u were wiser than this. You STILL NEED NAIRALAND to thrive.

Really? Why are you telling me this?

Despite the stringent condition I gave myself (builds within 20km radius only), I still have a lot to give thanks to God for.

1. Chateau in Silverpoint will be wearing crown next week (Client: Silent Nairalander)

2. New Ground to be broken at my Labora Fence site (you remember the 2 plots fence). Client: Nairalander

3. Ongoing developments approaching finishing stage. (Client: Super Active Nairalander)

The only reward of the prominent guys who took the bullet is when they see me make them proud Internationally. They'll definitely rise to be part of the success story.

Shockingly, nothing on earth stops a Brabus. Just watch me!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 8:26pm On Aug 12, 2016
EgunMogaji:

What gauge is that?

It took some beating no wonder it was leaking.

God will replenish your pocket.

We agreed 0.55 but you know what i got na from Mr no integrity. see why he cant answer if he used steptile as agreed or longspan.

Na where my frustration dey come from everyday ... for over 1 year all this roofers open office on my head. i spent over 250k to stop leaks o.until engineer Abdul sent me some God fearing workers to fix his mess.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 12, 2016
msogunro:

I see only a few broken ones so it "appears" okay to me.

I know what you're probably thinking, but my friend we will never get those here in Nigeria. Our guys don't believe in quality.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 12, 2016
3strikes:

We agreed 0.55 but you know what i got na from Mr no integrity. see why he cant answer if he used steptile as agreed or longspan.

Na where my frustration dey come from everyday ... for over 1 year all this roofers open office on my head. i spent over 250k to stop leaks o.until engineer sent me some God fearing workers to fix his mess.

That's .55 gauge? shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) ... (3706) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.