Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,797 members, 7,965,952 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 05:52 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4737741 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (3760) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by befto: 2:21pm On Oct 18, 2015
Well Said Haji.

Lets move on. To the experts in the house keep the good work coming and to the non-experts like me, let's keep learning and refrain from using this thread/forum for anything other than for the purpose of learning and collaborations.

STOP derailing this thread!!!!

mufutau55:
@adanny01
@EgunMogaji
@abouzaid
@All other participants

Please let us move on... you guys knows what I mean. We have all made our points. We are all enjoying this thread. Thank you all.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by befto: 2:31pm On Oct 18, 2015
@KolaShangOne

thanks for the tip.
Do you mean all doors or just external doors?
It's not a case of not wanting to spend the money. It's more to do with whether it makes sense to do all these upfront knowing I am taking a break till Mar/Apr.
The roof will defo be done but I thought windows + burglary needed to be done at same time. If I am going to do the windows the burglary will be done same time as well. As for the doors is it advisable to do all doors now or just the external ones to secure the place?

I will see what Adeekiti can do for me as per the windows.

We have chatted a few times about other things and you have always been helpful.

What's your number so I can engage you offline?

Thanks

KolaShangOne:
@befto After your Roofing, fix the burglary, fix the doors. Suspend the windows till later. If you dont want to spend d money, and you have a trusted Aluminium guy like @adeekiti, you can pay him about 70% upfront.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abouzaid: 3:00pm On Oct 18, 2015
NL1960:

It is not really a quote. When i want to do any aspect, i normally tell my brother who has been handling the project to get the person to do an estimate. It is my brother that i send money to and he does not connive with them. He buys materials on need basis. Cement has actually come down. It is normally N1,950. It is in the village and the sellers are small time sellers and not those sellers that can buy 600 bags at once for resell. They might even be buying from those selling at N1400 to resell.

The reason i posted these prices is to highlight the point that location matters in a project and that an amount that cannot be used for instance in a place like Lagos to complete a project can be used in another location to complete the same project. Iam getting the sand and gravel from the village which is why it is cheap. People familiar with Edo North for instance will know of Okpella. It is the home of granite and so will be cheaper there. I intend to take pictures of my gate when i go home and show it here and then tell people to guess the price.

As i said earlier, i studied how the farmers were able to achieve building bungalows to house them and their families without having all the millions in their pockets. There is no 'money for foundation', 'money for decking', 'money for roofing', 'money for offloading materials' in the villages. These are serious savings that is put back into the project.

Btw, did you notice that there is no transport on the list and yet there is a gate and fence railings that will be brought to the site for this work. Transport na FOC now. Just buy sheppe for boys and your gate and fence railings will be at your site in a twinkle of an eye. The same thing happened for my water tank stand for a duplex. Even standing it, there was no crane used. cheesy

please extend my greetings to your brother, he's really trying. apart from the cement, everything there seems quite cheap. divide the total price of your blocks by the total quantity and you would see that the price per block would likely be #80 or less for six inches. now compare it to the prices often quoted here and you would see that their prices are atleast 50% higher. there is a reason most of them are keeping quiet but let leave it at that. all i know is that one day either me or someone else will launch a thread that will put everything to the test.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
Babs612000:
Please can anybody help with the following cost of materials in Abeokuta Obafemi owode local govt.
1. Cement
2. Sharp sand per tipper and how ton in one tipper.
3. Filling sand per tipper.
4.Grainte per tipper
5. Washed stone and finally 6" and 9" blocks.
Many thanks .

Cement/ Dangote 42.5r N1,500, Elephant N1,450
Sharp Sand/ N1,200 per tonne with free delivery
Laterite/ N750 per tonne with free delivery
Granite/ N2,300 per tonne plus delivery - negotiation skill swill come in handy here and watch out for a Nairaland supplier that may leave you hanging with a story at the last minute wink
Washed Stone/ not sure what that is and haven't bought it yet. I post based on personal experience and not fairytale wishful thinking like some others grin
6" blocks are N120
9" blocks are N130

Those are standard prices but I negotiated lower prices on blocks because I will use only that one source for the duration of my project.

If you can mould your own blocks correctly then you'll get significant savings of near 33%.

Good luck on your project Sir. This is s great place to seek advice as needed but you'll need to sift the wheat from the chaff.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 18, 2015
Babs612000:

Please kindly let me have for Ibadan there may not be much different in d prices.

I responded on the original topic.

I know for fact that you should be able to get lower prices on granite and stone dust (something I recommend that you consider instead of sharp sand at least in the foundation stage) from egba.

Thanks and goodluck on your project.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 4:52pm On Oct 18, 2015
EgunMogaji:

If you want Ibadan prices for reference then please let me know.

I see.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 5:44pm On Oct 18, 2015
@Befto
Since you have security, You can buy all the doors now. There's no danger of it being warped or stolen. The main entry and exit doors need to be fixed in place with mortar (shocked). You can also do that for all other doors too..

If you're using sliding windows, you can do your burglary proof now. If its casement, you may need to chill and do it simultaneously.

My own view

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smiley001(m): 5:54pm On Oct 18, 2015
EgunMogaji:

watch out for a Nairaland supplier that may leave you hanging with a story at the last minute wink

Hi sir, I tried to message u on whatsapp after u requested for another 60tons of granite to ur site but I noticed u av blocked me.
But why sir?
Sir, u need to understand me... things don't work in nigeria d way Diasporans view it.
I know I disappointed u by not taking d order from u.
I just had to be very careful with my head becos d way ur builder talked to me from dat first supply showed he was highly interested and he looked very powerful and spiritual to me and dat was why I advised dat u should let him do the 60tons supply of granite but u just didn't understand me.
Nothing rilly personal.

I'm sorry if I may av disappointed or offended u in any way sir.

Cheers.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brag3: 6:26pm On Oct 18, 2015
Why the sob story?

smiley001:

Hi sir, I tried to message u on whatsapp after u requested for another 60tons of granite to ur site but I noticed u av blocked me.
But why sir?
Sir, u need to understand me... things don't work in nigeria d way Diasporans view it.
I know I disappointed u by not taking d order from u.
I just av to be very careful with my head becos d way ur builder talked to me from dat first supply showed he was highly interested and he looked very powerful and spiritual to me and dat was why I advised dat u should let him do the 60tons supply of granite but u just didn't understand me.
Nothing rilly personal.

I'm sorry if I may av disappointed or offended u in any way sir.

Cheers.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:52pm On Oct 18, 2015
brag3:
Why the sob story?

abi o
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 18, 2015
twinskenny:
abi o

I'm still looking forward to the pics you promised.

Always looking for learning opportunities from doers. grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 9:13pm On Oct 18, 2015
brag3:
Why the sob story?

twinskenny:
abi o

when "two people" are having issues, l think if you cannot contribute POSITIVELY, the best thing to do is to "stay out of it"....
...... not make snide remarks that show you are "blindly" taking sides.

Your comment above is completely unnecessary and reckless.

For @brag3 to have just quoted this post of his supplier, right in the middle of the current discussion, means there is 'more to it' than that quote (and reading the quote itself reveals a prior issue).
l personally dont know what went on between the two except for what @brag posted up there. So, l wont jump at it nor expect anyone to ...

Next time, l think it is proper to first ask questions and understand what is going on/what really occurred ...before pitching your tent.
You did not contribute anything to the "core issue" ..........but rather just made that your "impressionistic" comment!

"3rd party" Opinions on matters of grouse between two people, no matter the "overriding implicit interest", MUST be informed
undecided undecided

Lastpage!

Edited: Mind you, l am not taking brief for either of the two parties simply because l dont have all the relevant information of what transpired.
Maybe with the passage of time, l will "be informed" of what happened but my comments should not be misinterpreted as condoning/defending or antagonising either party.

12 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 10:11pm On Oct 18, 2015
befto:

@Haji

Thanks for this. These are the kinda responses that I am seeking.
The plastering wont be done till next year.
It's just the installation of the roof/doors, (windows + buglary).

I kinda like the idea of storing certain things on site once secured but I don't think its a chance I'd like to take in our current climate.

Again, thanks for the tips.

Much appreciated.

No problem sir. I did the same thing on my "kobo-kobo" project. Although it was secured by an old man opposite the site keeping watch of the building for me... Although it has been completed now... but the installed burglary, windows, and frontal and exit doors helped.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 10:31pm On Oct 18, 2015
brag3:
Why the sob story?

Guys...in the interest of business... You people knows that Client is always right.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 18, 2015
mufutau55:

No problem sir. I did the same thing on my "kobo-kobo" project. Although it was secured by an old man opposite the site keeping watch of the building for me... Although it has been completed now... but the installed burglary, windows, and frontal and exit doors.

Hajji M.

May God continue to bless all the "Old Men" that lives across from or just near our properties.

I am blessed with an Alfa that watches out for me too.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dieumerci(m): 5:03am On Oct 19, 2015
lastpage:

when "two people" are having issues, l think if you cannot contribute POSITIVELY, the best thing to do is to "stay out of it"....

For @brag3 to have just quoted this post of his supplier, right in the middle of the current discussion, means there is 'more to it' than that quote (and reading the quote itself reveals a prior issue).
l personally dont know what went on between the two except for what @brag posted up there. So, l wont jump at it nor expect anyone to ...
Next time, l think it is proper to first ask questions and understand what is going on/what really occurred ...before pitching your tent.
You did not contribute anything to the "core issue" ..........but rather just made that your "impressionistic" comment!
"3rd party" Opinions on matters of grouse between two people, no matter the "overriding implicit interest", MUST be informed
undecided undecided
Lastpage!
Edited: Mind you, l am not taking brief for either of the two parties simply because l dont have all the relevant information of what transpired.
Maybe with the passage of time, l will "be informed" of what happened but my comments should not be misinterpreted as condoning/defending or antagonising either party.
I respect you Sir.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabus(m): 5:42am On Oct 19, 2015
The best environment for healthy conflict is in private, just between the two of you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Babs612000(m): 10:30am On Oct 19, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Cement/ Dangote 42.5r N1,500, Elephant N1,450
Sharp Sand/ N1,200 per tonne with free delivery
Laterite/ N750 per tonne with free delivery
Granite/ N2,300 per tonne plus delivery - negotiation skill swill come in handy here and watch out for a Nairaland supplier that may leave you hanging with a story at the last minute wink
Washed Stone/ not sure what that is and haven't bought it yet. I post based on personal experience and not fairytale wishful thinking like some others grin
6" blocks are N120
9" blocks are N130
Thanks a lot.

Those are standard prices but I negotiated lower prices on blocks because I will use only that one source for the duration of my project.

If you can mould your own blocks correctly then you'll get significant savings of near 33%.

Good luck on your project Sir. This is s great place to seek advice as needed but you'll need to sift the wheat from the chaff.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Babs612000(m): 10:32am On Oct 19, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I responded on the original topic.

I know for fact that you should be able to get lower prices on granite and stone dust (something I recommend that you consider instead of sharp sand at least in the foundation stage) from egba.

Thanks and goodluck on your project.
Thanks a lot sir .

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 11:44am On Oct 19, 2015
Dieumerci:

I respect you Sir.

The feeling is MUTUAL.

Thank you Sir!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smiley001(m): 12:36pm On Oct 19, 2015
Na wa for some ppl ooo. Something u av no knowledge of yet u still commented 'Why the Sob story' or 'Abi o '. And a post that wasn't even directed at u.

I believed dis was a personal thing btw the Moniker I quoted and I. And I didn't want to make it public and for d fact that I openly apologised didn't mean I wronged him or I was wrong becos I still av d chats wit me.

If u could read very well, u would see dat I removed d sentence I quoted from the post(reply to a response for price list of materials in ibadan) and in d post, there was something like 'watch out for a Nairaland supplier that may leave you hanging with a story at the last minute wink'. Which I want to believe it indirectly concerned me becos dis was exactly what happened btw us as I wasn't expecting such from him becos he even thanked me after d chats.

Also, I read from a post which stated he would watch the way he gives out recommendation on here due to what happened before. Dis isn't supposed supposed to supposed to be public if there weren't indirect negative comments at me.

Dis is exactly what transpired: I approached u to supply ur site which is a normal marketing skill after a while, we both agreed wit d terms and condition. I did d job and after a while u approached me for more supply in a bigger quantity like 6 times what I supplied before (laterite and granite) which to be frank I would definitely make so good money. And u even said even if my prices would be a bit higher Dan other vendors', u would still give me d job to do which which I appreciated and u even sent me recharge card money.

After, I indirectly refused d jobs. I told you I won't be chanced to do d jobs and dat he shld give it to someone else maybe his builder.

He den thanked me and also said He took my excuse as my right to refuse services which is very good in business practice but I shld know dat I wasn't dealing wit his builder but I was dealing wit him so I shld ignore his builder. Dat was all.

And all dis happened till 6th of October. I didn't av to apologise publicly if not for some indirect negative comments toward me even when I wasn't at fault and I'm still a small boy trying to raise a reasonable customer base.

Reason why I refused to take the Job: on d first supply to d site, I read it on d eyes of d builder dat he was highly interested in d supply though he didn't tell me such and I saw he was very powerful spiritually so, I needed to keep my head becos dis kind of scenario just happened to me where a nairalander contacted me for materials, but d guy he was using before got my number somewhere and threatened me but I refused to listen to d guy. Could u believe dat I had a very fatal accident on my way back from d delivery of d materials dat I nearly lost my life but thank God for my mother's prayers dat I survived, my right hand hasn't healed up till now with open scars dat everybody sees. I don't rilly use my right hand as before but d doctors said it would heal up wit time and it's almost 3 months now. Some Nairalander engineers dat engaged me of recent saw my right hand.

Pls let's always av core information about things before passing judgement.

For apologising openly didn't mean I was putting up a cry or a sorry story but I had to becos I was reading some indirect comments at me to negate my business which I didn't deserve.

Come and take more money, no thanks, give it to another person shouldn't call for indirect negative comments.

@EgunMogaji sir: I hereby apologise for anything I may av caused u pls do forgive me... For the fact that we didn't work on dis doesn't mean dat I can never work for u again becos CUSTOMERS are always right. I'm sorry sir.

Thanks all.

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by igbi: 12:37pm On Oct 19, 2015
Good morning All, I bought a land that the foundation was laid like 4 years ago, the person relocated and sold the land to me, can I do another foundation or build on the existing one, will appreciate your reply. thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2015
igbi:
Good morning All, I bought a land that the foundation was laid like 4 years ago, the person relocated and sold the land to me, can I do another foundation or build on the existing one, will appreciate your reply. thank you.

This comes up often.

Do you have the plan for the foundation and does it suit your purpose? If it does then if it was me I would then hire a structural person to take a look at its construction.

Like I told someone else before unless your purchase price includes the foundation then just consider it as free filling material for your new foundation.

Good luck.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 4:55pm On Oct 19, 2015
smiley001:
Na wa for some ppl ooo. Something u av no knowledge of yet u still commented 'Why the Sob story' or 'Abi o '. And a post that wasn't even directed at u.

I believed dis was a personal thing btw the Moniker I quoted and I. And I didn't want to make it public and for d fact that I openly apologised didn't mean I wronged him or I was wrong becos I still av d chats wit me.

If u could read very well, u would see dat I removed d sentence I quoted from the post(reply to a response for price list of materials in ibadan) and in d post, there was something like 'watch out for a Nairaland supplier that may leave you hanging with a story at the last minute wink'. Which I want to believe it indirectly concerned me becos dis was exactly what happened btw us as I wasn't expecting such from him becos he even thanked me after d chats.

Also, I read from a post which stated he would watch the way he gives out recommendation on here due to what happened before. Dis isn't supposed supposed to supposed to be public if there weren't indirect negative comments at me.

Dis is exactly what transpired: I approached u to supply ur site which is a normal marketing skill after a while, we both agreed wit d terms and condition. I did d job and after a while u approached me for more supply in a bigger quantity like 6 times what I supplied before (laterite and granite) which to be frank I would definitely make so good money. And u even said even if my prices would be a bit higher Dan other vendors', u would still give me d job to do which which I appreciated and u even sent me recharge card money.

After, I indirectly refused d jobs. I told you I won't be chanced to do d jobs and dat he shld give it to someone else maybe his builder.

He den thanked me and also said He took my excuse as my right to refuse services which is very good in business practice but I shld know dat I wasn't dealing wit his builder but I was dealing wit him so I shld ignore his builder. Dat was all.

And all dis happened till 6th of October. I didn't av to apologise publicly if not for some indirect negative comments toward me even when I wasn't at fault and I'm still a small boy trying to raise a reasonable customer base.

Reason why I refused to take the Job: on d first supply to d site, I read it on d eyes of d builder dat he was highly interested in d supply though he didn't tell me such and I saw he was very powerful spiritually so, I needed to keep my head becos dis kind of scenario just happened to me where a nairalander contacted me for materials, but d guy he was using before got my number somewhere and threatened me but I refused to listen to d guy. Could u believe dat I had a very fatal accident on my way back from d delivery of d materials dat I nearly lost my life but thank God for my mother's prayers dat I survived, my right hand hasn't healed up till now with open scars dat everybody sees. I don't rilly use my right hand as before but d doctors said it would heal up wit time and it's almost 3 months now. Some Nairalander engineers dat engaged me of recent saw my right hand.

Pls let's always av core information about things before passing judgement.

For apologising openly didn't mean I was putting up a cry or a sorry story but I had to becos I was reading some indirect comments at me to negate my business which I didn't deserve.

Come and take more money, no thanks, give it to another person shouldn't call for indirect negative comments.

@EgunMogaji sir: I hereby apologise for anything I may av caused u pls do forgive me... For the fact that we didn't work on dis doesn't mean dat I can never work for u again becos CUSTOMERS are always right. I'm sorry sir.

Thanks all.

Smiley, its' good you took the time to shed more light on the matter.
Having said that, it is even better that you have apologized "repeatedly" to your customer because no matter how we dice it, the customer was disappointed since he has began to love your "business association" with him.

The matter should be a "by-gone is by-gone". It is up to your customer to forgive though l understand you did not elope with his money but your refusal was a disappointment to his expectations.
I will implore him to understand and see things from your point of view, .........."a fear resulting from a threat to life is very powerful on some people"
grin grin

What concerns me more is your "mentality" and l would like to take this personally between "me and you".
First, l will be untruthful if l say "there are no powers of darkness".
So, it is possible that you felt "uncomfortable" with that builder who wants to use his "winch-eyes" to look you.

Now, can you actually ascribe your accident to the "grouse" you had with the other guy where-in you had a bad hand, with 100% certainty?

I dont think so.
There are accidents of negligence we impose on ourselves (like if l dont sleep enough and l am driving under fatigue!)
There are accidents of mere coincidence (like someone broke the red light and ran into me!)
There are also accidents of "negative mindset" (Like if l keep saying l will be sick, my body and soul can actually respond to this negative energy and l would physically get sick. That much is scientifically proven in "placebo experiments".).

In all, l think you should avoid every one of this mindset.

If you believe in the "spiritual"... and you are that spiritually inclined then l will implore you to go the whole hog and be spiritual: PRAY WITHOUT CEASING!
Before you leave home, commit your journey and business into the Lord's hand. When you return home, give "Thanks to God" for the day and your safety.
I tell you, if you are faithful with this and "No Evil is found within your heart" (You dont do or wish others evil)..... all the "winch eyes" in the world cannot do you a damn thing.

I am speaking from personal and physical experience here. I am not a "church person" but l can confirm to you that PRAYER WORKS!
Its even scientific because it is a sort of "energy tuning" when you pray.

For example, in the current case, you could simply have called "the Builder in the presence of your Customer" and lay it down between them and ask the Builder if he has anything against you supplying the stuff.
(I bet he will say "No" ) and that statement will fight on your behalf because you have done the needful and done it openly!

There is a reason that we say "CURSE WITHOUT REASON, SHALL NEVER LAND".
That statement is very powerful if your heart is clean.

I wish you well but dont let fear and negativity ruin your life and business.
You said you are a young man and its my wish that you will grow both physically and spiritually, even business-wise.
Just watch what you do to others and please treat others FAIRLY.

Lastpage!

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:57pm On Oct 19, 2015
lastpage:

undecided undecided

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 5:02pm On Oct 19, 2015
mufutau55:

Baba Agba, l hail o!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smiley001(m): 8:48am On Oct 20, 2015
lastpage:

Smiley, its' good you took the time to shed more light on the matter.
Having said that, it is even better that you have apologized "repeatedly" to your customer because no matter how we dice it, the customer was disappointed since he has began to love your "business association" with him.

The matter should be a "by-gone is by-gone". It is up to your customer to forgive though l understand you did not elope with his money but your refusal was a disappointment to his expectations.
I will implore him to understand and see things from your point of view, .........."a fear resulting from a threat to life is very powerful on some people"
grin grin

What concerns me more is your "mentality" and l would like to take this personally between "me and you".
First, l will be untruthful if l say "there are no powers of darkness".
So, it is possible that you felt "uncomfortable" with that builder who wants to use his "winch-eyes" to look you.

Now, can you actually ascribe your accident to the "grouse" you had with the other guy where-in you had a bad hand, with 100% certainty?

I dont think so.
There are accidents of negligence we impose on ourselves (like if l dont sleep enough and l am driving under fatigue!)
There are accidents of mere coincidence (like someone broke the red light and ran into me!)
There are also accidents of "negative mindset" (Like if l keep saying l will be sick, my body and soul can actually respond to this negative energy and l would physically get sick. That much is scientifically proven in "placebo experiments".).

In all, l think you should avoid every one of this mindset.

If you believe in the "spiritual"... and you are that spiritually inclined then l will implore you to go the whole hog and be spiritual: PRAY WITHOUT CEASING!
Before you leave home, commit your journey and business into the Lord's hand. When you return home, give "Thanks to God" for the day and your safety.
I tell you, if you are faithful with this and "No Evil is found within your heart" (You dont do or wish others evil)..... all the "winch eyes" in the world cannot do you a damn thing.

I am speaking from personal and physical experience here. I am not a "church person" but l can confirm to you that PRAYER WORKS!
Its even scientific because it is a sort of "energy tuning" when you pray.

For example, in the current case, you could simply have called "the Builder in the presence of your Customer" and lay it down between them and ask the Builder if he has anything against you supplying the stuff.
(I bet he will say "No" ) and that statement will fight on your behalf because you have done the needful and done it openly!

There is a reason that we say "CURSE WITHOUT REASON, SHALL NEVER LAND".
That statement is very powerful if your heart is clean.

I wish you well but dont let fear and negativity ruin your life and business.
You said you are a young man and its my wish that you will grow both physically and spiritually, even business-wise.
Just watch what you do to others and please treat others FAIRLY.

Lastpage!

Ok sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 10:35am On Oct 20, 2015
Here is the polystyrene concrete fascia done on a renovated duplex.
perimeter of the house = 120m
cost of polystyrene per linear meters from poly industry in Abuja = N3950/m, ( 120 x 3950) = N474,000
cost of transportation = N65,000
cost of fixing = N96,000
cost of binding wire, black pipe and 10mm bar as nominal reinforcement

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 11:43am On Oct 20, 2015
more pics

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 11:44am On Oct 20, 2015
more

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 11:47am On Oct 20, 2015
the polystyrene material has a dimension of 450mm x 300mm
the eave projection is 450mm from the edge of the wall
the height of the polystyrene fascia is 300mm measured upward.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 11:52am On Oct 20, 2015
small procedure on how it is been fixed : ( Note vary from handler)
some general characteristic of the polystyrene fascia
1. it comes in three meter length
2. the gutter ( internal edges ) comes in 450 x 450mm
3. the external edges ( ridges) comes in 1200 x 1200mm
4. poly cement comes with it ( used to join the edges together during installation)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (3760) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Nachory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.