Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,409 members, 7,978,293 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 04:04 AM

Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups (5522 Views)

Buhari Is Allowing Other Ethnic Groups To Kill Our People - Miyetti Chairman / Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups By Modern Ghana / Map Of Ethnic Groups In Nigeria As It Revolves From 1901- 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by zuchyblink(m): 10:12am On Aug 25, 2015
they are:
(1)Igbos of Nigeria
(2)Kikuyu of kenya
(3)The somali
(4)The chagga of Tanzania
(5)Akan people of Ghana and Ivory coast
http://m.modernghana.com/news/455846/1/africas-most-entrepreneurial-ethnic-groups.html

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by hamzakito(m): 10:13am On Aug 25, 2015
k
Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by kayo80(m): 10:13am On Aug 25, 2015
hmm
Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by Unsad(m): 10:14am On Aug 25, 2015
Deep
Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 25, 2015
nice

1 Like

Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by Pavore9: 10:35am On Aug 25, 2015
The Kikuyus and the Somalis run Kenya business-wise though our igbo brothers are also running things there in spare parts and hair extension business.

4 Likes

Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 25, 2015
Yoloba people go hang if they see this publication grin

Thank god no be Igbo man write am, we for no hear word

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by zuchyblink(m): 10:45am On Aug 25, 2015
Igbo of Nigeria The Igbos of Nigeria are Africa’s most energetic and most entrepreneurial people. They are not ancient traders but emerged much more recently with the onset of the British colonialism. Through sheer grit, hard work and a talent for spotting new opportunities, they emerged as the dominant traders and business leaders as Nigeria raced towards independence in the mid 50s. The Igbo dominance of Nigeria’s commerce and industry was one of the reasons that led to the Biafran war. Today you can find Igbo traders all over the world from South Africa, Kenya, Ivory Coast, China, Japan, the United States, Hong Kong, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Ireland, Vietnam, India amongst others. They are mostly merchants although a significant number have diversified into industry, banking, and transportation and service businesses. Researchers have identified the Igbos along with the Ashkenazi Jews and the Swiss Protestants as the people with the greatest achievement motivation in the world.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by Bobbystanley(m): 10:55am On Aug 25, 2015
The hardworking people of the south Eastern Nigeria.

An average igbo man would be able to sell Ice in the coldest region of the world and Make his money.

Blessed by God, hated by their neighbours.

Even in Foreign land they conquer in every thing they do.

In my next life.. I would still be an Igbo man.

Igbo Amaka!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by Antivirus92(m): 10:58am On Aug 25, 2015
to my Igbo people.... let's keep d flag flying

3 Likes

Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by onyeogalu1(m): 11:01am On Aug 25, 2015
OK
Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by Kastonkastroll(m): 11:02am On Aug 25, 2015
laughable nonsense..... And with all their entreprenual skills, how many billionaires have they ibo tribe produced? No iboman is mentioned among the top 20 richest people in africa...

1 Like

Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 25, 2015
Kastonkastroll:
laughable nonsense..... And with all their entreprenual skills, how many billionaires have they ibo tribe produced?

go and hang

1 Like

Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by EasternLion: 11:04am On Aug 25, 2015
Men from east of Niger and a bit across west of Niger.

Fine guys.

Achievers.

7 Likes

Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by EasternLion: 11:06am On Aug 25, 2015
Kastonkastroll:
laughable nonsense..... And with all their entreprenual skills, how many billionaires have they ibo tribe produced?

With all Otedolas and Adenuga and that former seamstress Abasha dashed oil well, how has it removed brown roof to modern cribs in your enclave?

19 Likes

Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by yorubatic: 11:07am On Aug 25, 2015
Kastonkastroll:
laughable nonsense..... And with all their entreprenual skills, how many billionaires have they ibo tribe produced? No iboman is mentioned among the top 20 richest people in africa...

My people have become too cowardly in this nigeria. They are now clowns, ibos have become their nightmare, that they even see ibo giants in their dreams...

My people has turn the sophisticated odua nation to laughing stock...they have shown the world that they are weaklings and O'yes to the Hausa / Fulani muslims. ..it is shame that my sophisticated and progressive people are a bunch of confused people who have no aspiration whatsoever. ..

It seems musiwa and I are the only brave people among our kins. ...musiwa want a western nigeria and I want a sophisticated and progressive Odu'a. ..but my coward folks want to keep being slaves to their Hausa / Fulani masters. ..

Let us that agitating for odua republic where there be no ibos, where lagos will not be no man's land...yorubas wake up. ...we can't remain cowards

My people should stop behaving like clowns ....only God can deliver my people

10 Likes

Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 25, 2015
we will conquer the whole Africa when the time comes

4 Likes

Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by Kastonkastroll(m): 11:11am On Aug 25, 2015
EasternLion:

With all Otedolas and Adenuga and that former seamstress Abasha dashed oil well, how has it removed brown roof to modern cribs in your enclave?
and am still jaded here about how your brothers are running away from alaigbo to come live in odualand, the brownroof region... Why are you people not staying in your land-locked gully eroded region? Why?

2 Likes

Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by Kastonkastroll(m): 11:12am On Aug 25, 2015
yorubatic:

My people have become too cowardly in this nigeria. They are now clowns, ibos have become their nightmare, that they even see ibo giants in their dreams...

My people has turn the sophisticated odua nation to laughing stock...they have shown the world that they are weaklings and O'yes to the Hausa / Fulani muslims. ..it is shame that my sophisticated and progressive people are a bunch of confused people who have no aspiration whatsoever. ..

It seems musiwa and I are the only brave people among our kins. ...musiwa want a western nigeria and I want a sophisticated and progressive Odu'a. ..but my coward folks want to keep being slaves to their Hausa / Fulani masters. ..

Let us that agitating for odua republic where there be no ibos, where lagos will not be no man's land...yorubas wake up. ...we can't remain cowards

My people should stop behaving like clowns ....only God can deliver my people
yoruba wannabe..... Sorry you will never be one.
Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by EasternLion: 11:19am On Aug 25, 2015
Kastonkastroll:
and am still jaded here about how your brothers are running away from alaigbo to come live in odualand, the brownroof region... Why are you people not staying in your land-locked gully eroded region? Why?

Just like Chinese and Indians leave better civilization to come to zoo.

To make money.

Comprendez? cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by Bobbystanley(m): 11:20am On Aug 25, 2015
Kastonkastroll:

Ur people being among the top ten richest people in Africa, How has it put food on ur table?

Has it changed the fact that u people are the dirtiest people in the world?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by sdindan: 11:21am On Aug 25, 2015
Igbo amaka.
In flavour's voice.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by Bobbystanley(m): 11:24am On Aug 25, 2015
Kastonkastroll:

The same reason Britishs travel to America.

For greener pastures.

In any Country u dont find an Igbo man. That country never exist.

We make it big anywhere we find ourselves.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by scholes0(m): 11:25am On Aug 25, 2015
lol the list is just based on stereotypes
And of course, it placed Akans in 5th place, just because it is a Ghanaian publication, when the Akans are not even known to be entrepreneural at all.....
Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 25, 2015
Bobbystanley:
The hardworking people of the south Eastern Nigeria.

An average igbo man would be able to sell Ice in the coldest region of the world and Make his money.

Blessed by God, hated by their neighbours.

Even in Foreign land they conquer in every thing they do.

In my next life.. I would still be an Igbo man.

Igbo Amaka!

Sorry Igboland is bigger than South East Nigeria, stop balkanizing and fragmenting us

7 Likes

Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by Kastonkastroll(m): 11:27am On Aug 25, 2015
Bobbystanley:

Ur people being among the top ten richest people in Africa, How has it put food on ur table?

Has it changed the fact that u people are the dirtiest people in the world?

the last time i checked, aba is the slum of africa. The dirtiest place in nigeria. Check the homepage of this site, you will even see a thread about how dirty the southeast is.
Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 25, 2015
Kastonkastroll:

grin grin grin grin...this is a FISH brain

100 IGBOS....... 80 Rich 20 Poor
100 Yorubas.......40 Rich 60 poor
100 Hausas.........10 Rich 90 poor almajiris

Now tell me by the figures above which tribe are actually living more confortable undecided undecided undecided undecided
The wealth of a Nation is measure by the average life of all his ppl
by the way... Those billionaire are not hard working men but criminals stealing from one region "Biafra"'s oil
Thge

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 25, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Sorry Igboland is bigger than South East Nigeria, stop balkanizing and fragmenting us

True.... I am not from SE by I am IGBO cool cool cool

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by cybertyrant(m): 11:29am On Aug 25, 2015
Not just the most entrepreneurs but the most famous, most successful, most daring,most intellectual set of people, and other goodie mosties in africa,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by Bobbystanley(m): 11:31am On Aug 25, 2015
BuddahMonk:

I'm sorry my south South brother.
We are all one and together we shall realise the Country of our Dream (Biafra)

4 Likes

Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by okolochyke: 11:31am On Aug 25, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

grin grin grin grin...this is a FISH brain

100 IGBOS....... 80 Rich 20 Poor
100 Yorubas.......40 Rich 60 poor
100 Hausas.........10 Rich 90 poor almajiris

Now tell me by the figures above which tribe are actually living more confortable undecided undecided undecided undecided
The wealth of a Nation is measure by the average life of all his ppl
by the way... Those billionaire are not hard working men but criminals stealing from one region "Biafra"'s oil
Thge

Kingsley grow up

U are an elderly man, show the young ones good examples
Re: Africa's Most Entrepreneurial Ethnic Groups by Kastonkastroll(m): 11:31am On Aug 25, 2015
Bobbystanley:

The same reason Britishs travel to America.

For greener pastures.

In any Country u dont find an Igbo man. That country never exist.

We make it big anywhere we find ourselves.
you must be a compound fool to compare your dirty alaigbo to the united kingdom/ english men... You guys only make it big when it comes to crimes and criminalities. You are known all over the world for your criminal ways.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Buhari & Osinbajo Spotted Drinking Tea With N35 Sachet Milo / See The Reasons Why PDP Gave Jimi Agbaje Governorship Ticket / We Are Set For A Credible PDP Convention — Okowa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.