Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,106 members, 7,942,999 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 10:18 PM

3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Better People Than Religious People - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Better People Than Religious People (1074 Views)

Women Are Better At Crowdfunding Than Men Are. This Is Why / Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home / Why Are So Many Attractive Religious Ladies Not Getting Married These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Better People Than Religious People by kayo80(m): 2:58pm On Aug 25, 2015
As an Atheist, I don't go around telling people I am nonreligious, but when ever people find out, they always start looking at me in a weird manner; like I am an evil person. But, the funny thing is, I believe atheist (based on my interaction with both religious and non religious people) are usually better people than religious people. So, I have decided to give 3 reasons why. Please read with an open mind.

1. Atheist Don't Kill People in the Name of Religious War
Look at all the terrorists killings going on right now, in Nigeria, and the world at large. People are being killed by their fellow human beings on a daily basis, like they are chickens, and it is mostly in the name of religion. You would never hear of any atheist killing people in the name of his beliefs. Even as far back as the centuries after the death of Christ, you had the Holy Crusades, where Christians massacred non-Christians in their thousands, including women and children.

2. An Atheist Knows There Are Consequences For All His Actions
Most atheist are vast in the knowledge of the universal laws that govern the earth- and they know that for every action,, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Whatever you sow you shall reap. They don't have to wait for a pastor to tell them to do good, or promise them heaven, or scare them with hell, before they do good. Atheists know that it is the wise thing to do. Cos, whatever bad you do to another person, will come back to you; it is as simple as that.

But with religious people, they would commit all the sins in the world from Monday to Saturday, even fornicate all night, from Saturday to Sunday, and then wake up on Sunday to go and ask for forgiveness of their sins in church. And when bad things start to happen to them (as a simple result of all the bad they have done), they start to blame the witches in their village or an imaginary enemy.

3. Atheist Are More Self Reliant Than Religious People
Take your time to do a research of all the people that have changed the world in a positive way, whether through technological advancement, or a medical break through, you would find out that a great deal of them were non religious people. That is because they don't wait on 'God' to do any and everything for them. In Nigeria, you can't count the number of churches we have, but yet, we are still so backward, and mostly poverty stricken. This is because of the low self esteem religion puts in the mind of most of it followers.

That's all folks. If you read that with an open mind, you would agree with me on most of what I have written.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Better People Than Religious People by sylvar02(m): 3:06pm On Aug 25, 2015
No matter what u have to believe there is God ooo
Re: 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Better People Than Religious People by vikel2104: 3:07pm On Aug 25, 2015
Oh really?
Re: 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Better People Than Religious People by lanrehamd: 3:12pm On Aug 25, 2015
The similitude of an atheist is like a leave at the middle of the ocean. with no bearing no direction. But anything that comes its way either good/bad.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Better People Than Religious People by eleojo23: 3:14pm On Aug 25, 2015
You may be right in some of your submissions but there is a similarity between you and religious people.

The thought that you are better than religious people who always think that they too are better than others (both within the same religion and outside) somehow places you in the same class with religious people.

It's the same holier than thou attitude.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Better People Than Religious People by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 25, 2015
kayo80:

1. Atheist Don't Kill People in the Name of Religious War
Look at all the terrorists killings going on right now, in Nigeria, and the world at large. People are being killed by their fellow human beings on a daily basis, like they are chickens, and it is mostly in the name of religion. You would never here of any atheist killing people in the name of his beliefs. Even as far back as the centuries after the death of Christ, you had the Holy Crusades, where Christians massacred non-Christians in their thousands, including women and children.

Ever heard of men like Joseph Stalin, and Pol Pot?

2. Atheist Know There Are Consequences For All His Actions
Most atheist are vast in the knowledge of the universal laws that govern the earth- and they know that for every action,, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Whatever you sow you shall reap. They don't have to wait for a pastor to tell them to do good, or promise them heaven, or scare them with hell, before they do good. Atheists know that it is the wise thing to do. Cos, whatever bad you do to another person, will come back to you; it is as simple as that.

But with religious people, they would commit all the sins in the world from Monday to Saturday, even fornicate all night, from Saturday to Sunday, and then wake up on Sunday to go and ask for forgiveness of their sins in church. And when bad things start to happen to them (as a simple result of all the bad they have done), they start to blame the witches in their village or an imaginary enemy.

The bible says whatever a man sows he will reap. In other words, we are responsible for our actions. Atheism didn't teach me that!

3. Atheist Are More Self Reliant Than Religious People
Take your time to do a research of all the people that have changed the world in a positive way, whether through technological advancement, or a medical break through, you would find out that a great deal of them were non religious people. That is because they don't wait on 'God' to do any and everything for them. In Nigeria, you can't count the number of churches we have, but yet, we are still so backward, and mostly poverty stricken. This is because of the low self esteem religion puts in the mind of most of it followers.

That's all folks. If you read that with an open mind, you would agree with me on most of what I have written.

Men like Isaac Newton, Galileo, Einstein, weren't atheist and they contributed immensely to science and technology.

I don't feel u re better than anyone cos of what u choose to believe.
Re: 3 Reasons Why Atheists Are Better People Than Religious People by xpac01(m): 3:21pm On Aug 25, 2015
Why then stressing much on christianity? Are they the only religion? Atheist most times sound anti-christianish

(1) (Reply)

Kiddies potty training seat / Summer Camp / Can You Use This Creature As Pet? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.