Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,495 members, 7,975,014 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 02:42 PM

I Was Eager To Meet With PMB Over Good Governance – Ban Ki-moon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Eager To Meet With PMB Over Good Governance – Ban Ki-moon (676 Views)

Nigerians Mock Tinubu For Blasting Kachikwu Instead Of PMB Over Petrol Scarcity / Buhari, Obama, Ban Ki-Moon At UN General Meeting (Photos) / Corruption Probe: GEJ In Secret Meeting With PMB - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Eager To Meet With PMB Over Good Governance – Ban Ki-moon by Sparonani(m): 3:45pm On Aug 25, 2015
The United Nations secretary general,
Mr. Ban Ki-Moon, yesterday said that he
was impatient to meet with President
Muhammadu Buhari due to his strong
political commitment to good
governance, participatory democracy and his commitment to fighting terrorism. In his address at a dialogue on
democracy, human rights, development,
climate change and countering violent
extremism, hosted by the Ministry of
Foreign Affairs, Abuja and chaired by
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, Ban Ki- Moon stated that he was in Nigeria to
visit President Buhari and to ensure
strong United Nations (UN) partnership
with the country. He commended Buhari for pledging to
tackle inequality and corruption in his
inaugural speech, urging the government
against marginalising the citizens. Ban Ki-Moon urged Nigeria to tackle
terrorism and extremism, noting that
insecurity takes root due to
mismanagement of resources, injustice,
marginalisation of vulnerable and minority
groups and inequality. He stated that the UN has the ambition
of ensuring sustainable development
goals, ensuring gender parity, ending
hunger and poverty and combating
corruption by 2030. The secretary-general stressed the
importance of tackling climate change,
noting that sustainable development
goals may not be realised without
addressing the phenomenon. He said, “Apart from the Chibok
schoolgirls, many other boys and
children have been kidnapped by Boko
Haram. But why has insecurity and
extremism been able to take root among
the people? “I think that comes from
mismanagement, bad governance,
inequality and injustice. When you have
no hope for your future, when leaders do
not care about inclusive government,
people find some other ways. The five- year war in Syria started because the
leaders had not been paying attention to
the people and the country became a
perfect breeding ground for extremism.” In his remark, Osinbajo noted that about
110million Nigerians are poor, adding that
the government is working to develop the
nation’s economy so that the citizens
could be empowered. He stated that the federal government
would continue to work hard to provide
jobs and alternatives for Nigerians. On climate change, he said Nigeria will
join the rest of the world in tackling the
menace. The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad
Abubakar, urged the United Nations
secretary general to assist Nigeria to
recover its stolen money stashed in
foreign countries by corrupt politicians. FG to hand over Abuja UN common
Building in 6 Months – Chukwu The permanent secretary of the FCT, Mr
John Chukwu, has assured the UN
secretary-general, Ban Ki-Moon, that the
federal government will hand over the
damaged United Nations Common
Building in six months. Chukwu gave the assurance shortly after
laying a wreath in honour of the victims
of the unfortunate bomb attack on the UN
House on August 26, 2011. He said the federal government would do
everything possible to ensure that the
renovation and reconstruction work is
completed within the period of six
months. He challenged the contractor, Julius
Berger Nigeria, to work round the clock
even if it means running three shifts to
complete the work.

Re: I Was Eager To Meet With PMB Over Good Governance – Ban Ki-moon by Unsad(m): 3:46pm On Aug 25, 2015
You know you voted right when World leaders are eager to meet your President. God bless PMB

4 Likes

Re: I Was Eager To Meet With PMB Over Good Governance – Ban Ki-moon by Dbrainiac1(m): 4:08pm On Aug 25, 2015
lwkmd
Re: I Was Eager To Meet With PMB Over Good Governance – Ban Ki-moon by ezeonline2(m): 4:10pm On Aug 25, 2015
Now that u av seen him hope it will bring something positive to the nation.
Re: I Was Eager To Meet With PMB Over Good Governance – Ban Ki-moon by seunmsg(m): 4:29pm On Aug 25, 2015
Almost all world leaders are eager to meet with our president. Even president Obama couldn't wait for so long before inviting him to the white house for mutual discussion. All over the world, people are talking about his integrity and commitment to good governance. I pray he continues to use his enormous international goodwill to work for the benefits of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: I Was Eager To Meet With PMB Over Good Governance – Ban Ki-moon by Olanireti(m): 4:46pm On Aug 25, 2015
PMB already gaining international recognitions within few months in office. If u do good, the world ll see and appreciate. Stealing is now corruption. I just wonder what the man that said 'stealing is not corruption'll be thinking now
Re: I Was Eager To Meet With PMB Over Good Governance – Ban Ki-moon by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:03pm On Aug 25, 2015
I know, Nigeria will be great again.
Re: I Was Eager To Meet With PMB Over Good Governance – Ban Ki-moon by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 25, 2015
like serious am proud 2 be a Nigerian seeing PMB as my president...PDP can wait til d kingdom com...
Re: I Was Eager To Meet With PMB Over Good Governance – Ban Ki-moon by mars123(m): 6:57pm On Aug 25, 2015
but some people still prefer jonathan to PMB...it makes you wonder how some people are living their lives.

1 Like

Re: I Was Eager To Meet With PMB Over Good Governance – Ban Ki-moon by seunmsg(m): 8:19pm On Aug 25, 2015
mars123:
but some people still prefer jonathan to PMB...it makes you wonder how some people are living their lives.

Most of those that hate PMB are driven by ethnicity, religious and party affiliation sentiments. The good thing is, majority of reasonable and objective Nigerians support the president.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Shuts Down Churches Over Noisy Worship / Boko Haram: Cameroon To Close Down Koranic Schools In The Far North / Noise Makers Demand Apology From Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.