Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,563 members, 7,905,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 07:38 AM

Steve Jobs Steps Down From Ceo Of Apple - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Steve Jobs Steps Down From Ceo Of Apple (711 Views)

See Why You Cannot Block The CEO Of Facebook Mark Zuckerberg On FB / 21 Life Lessons From Steve Jobs / Steve Jobs' Family Home Robbed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Steve Jobs Steps Down From Ceo Of Apple by Neptune(m): 10:00pm On Mar 29, 2009
Steve Jobs is stepping down until late June. that stunned the tech community today, and it's sure to send shivers down the spines of already wary investors.Just a little over a week ago, Jobs tried to tamp down the dire rumors about his health, revealing that he is undergoing treatment for a "hormone imbalance" but is "not on my deathbed."

Wednesday, however, he wrote in an e-mail to employees that "during the past week I have learned that my health-related issues are more complex than I originally thought." Apple COO Tim Cook will take the reins during Jobs' absence.

In his e-mail, Jobs called the speculation on his health "a distraction," and spun his decision to step down as a way to "allow everyone at Apple to focus on delivering extraordinary products." He added that he will "remain involved in major strategic decisions while I am out."

Still, industry observers—not to mention Apple investors—are fearing the worst, and indeed, TheStreet.com reports that trading in Apple shares was halted late in the day to prevent a panic sell-off.

Of course, I don't have any inside information on Jobs' health, and I've tried as much as I can to refrain from idle speculation about his condition.

That said, today's news is certainly alarming, and one can't help but wish Jobs the best on a human level, while wondering about the future of Apple—who will ultimately lead it in a post-Jobs era, and whether it'll maintain its consistently high level of production and creativity.

Sure, there are plenty of big brains at Apple, but Jobs—while not known as Mr. Sensitivity in Cupertino—is a giant, a legendary out-of-the-box thinker with amazing taste (as Bill Gates wryly noted back in summer 2007), laser-like focus, and an iron will. It's hard to imagine Apple without him.
In any case, let's hope for the best.
Re: Steve Jobs Steps Down From Ceo Of Apple by niyyie(m): 10:52pm On Mar 29, 2009
Old news. angry
Re: Steve Jobs Steps Down From Ceo Of Apple by Neptune(m): 7:28pm On Mar 30, 2009
for real?! i thought he stepped down a few days ago lol. and that he only announced that he would be stepping down soon but was still active untill a few days ago when he actually stepped down. anyways sorry for the old gist.lol.

(1) (Reply)

Problem Pasting Google Adsense Code / Need Help Choosing A Host / Kvwap.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.