Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,450 members, 7,881,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 01:15 AM

Request For Building Estimate(s) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Request For Building Estimate(s) (650 Views)

Building Estimate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Request For Building Estimate(s) by kingsmartt: 3:49pm On Mar 30, 2009
Request  for Estimate(s)
I bought three uncompleted properties about two years ago in Agege area of Lagos, all three properties are on 2 plots of land. I finished up all ground floors right away and are now  2 pieces of 3 bedroom each,  all decked, making a total of six flats.  There are six families currently leaving in the properties.
I’ll  like to continue with this project and maybe finish up, depending on current costs. Top floors will comprise of same number of flats, meaning two 3 bedroom flats each, six new flats in all.

My Requests
1. How many building blocks will be needed to complete each building?
2. How many bags of cements will be needed to set the blocks?
3. How many bags of cement will be needed for finishing after setting the blocks?
4. How much will roofing each building cost? Will there be any benefit in cost savings if am prepared  to roof  all three buildings at the same time?
5. Expected cost of labour?
6. Other

Building Plan(s)
1. Will I need a new building plan or plans  for this project?  The old approved building plans are missing as the properties were abandoned well over 20 years ago. The previous owner was unable to provide the old plans.
2. If I need new plan(s), what is the process / procedure for obtaining one, what is it likely to cost and how long will it take in Lagos?

I have been to the buildingcontractorsectrets website without much joy. The site is probably more useful to building professional (not sure) and I have a totally different calling, so please help and don't refer me back to the site. 

Health and Safety:
How safe is it to start working on the top floors whilst there are tenants in the properties? Do I need to start thinking of any regulatory body in terms of Health and Safety of the current tenants?

Accuracy
What am currently requesting is a good ‘guestimate’ to guide my expection before setting out for Lagos.

I hope to start work in May/June and will be around for one month only. I can however commence work on the building plan(s) right now if I need one and if I find someone who seems to know what he/she is talking about.

Many thanks in advance to taking the time to read my epistle.

Ayo
Re: Request For Building Estimate(s) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 31, 2009
Re: Request For Building Estimate(s) by xstudios(m): 4:38am On Apr 07, 2009
Drawings ? YES , but only according to the lower floors. This will minimize deffects or possible structural 'conflicts'. The guesstimate too will be based on the present size . Pls call, let talk details. Am an architect and developer in lagos.

(1) (Reply)

House For Sale / For Sale: Bungalow At Okesuna Street,near Appeal Court Lagos Island / Hey Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.