Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,938 members, 7,909,484 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 06:42 AM

Nigerian Airway Will Be Back Soon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Airway Will Be Back Soon (1812 Views)

IPOB Breaks Silence: We’re Down But Not Dead, We’ll Bounce Back Soon / I Haven’t Spoken To Buhari But He Will Be Back Soon, Says Lai Mohammed / Does Nigeria Airway Exist? (picture Inside) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Airway Will Be Back Soon by bashydemy(m): 11:12pm On Aug 26, 2015
Nigeria inaugurates committee on establishment of national carrier

August 25, 2015Premium Times

Following President Muhammadu Buhari’s decision to establish a national airline, the permanent secretary, Ministry of Aviation, Binta Bello, on Monday inaugurated a 12-member Ministerial Committee on the establishment of a National Carrier.

A statement by the Assistant Director, Press and Public Affairs of the ministry's , James Odaudu, said the inauguration of the committee is in line with the presidential directive on establishing a national airline.
The statement quoted the permanent secretary as urging the committee to pursue the assignment with the sense of urgency it deserves.

“The establishment of a national carrier is not only justified by economic considerations, but also strategic national interest, national pride and job creation potential,” it stated.
According to the statement, the permanent secretary urged the committee to work with the Assets Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) on the debt profile of domestic airlines and make its recommendations.

The permanent secretary further charged the committee to review previous reports of consultants while examining the report on the defunct Nigeria Airways and other failed private airlines.
It advised that the committee to consult stakeholders in the aviation sector with a view to fashioning a national carrier based on the Public Private Partnership.

According to the statement, former Managing Director of Discovery Airlines, Mohammed Abdulsalam will serve as the Chairman, while the legal adviser of FAAN, Uche Isichei, will serve as secretary.

Responding, the chairman of the Committee, Mr. Abdulsalam, a captain, assured the permanent secretary that the committee would develop a robust model that would meet the aspirations of Nigerians.

The statement said the committee had four weeks within which to submit its report.
(NAN)

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/…/189001-nigeria-inaugurates-…

Re: Nigerian Airway Will Be Back Soon by amuwo1980: 11:22pm On Aug 26, 2015
God forbid, another avenue for looters who are back in power, APC and Buhari are anti nigeria and pro Hausa and Yoruba, not nigeria
Re: Nigerian Airway Will Be Back Soon by bashydemy(m): 11:29pm On Aug 26, 2015
amuwo1980:
God forbid, another avenue for looters who are back in power, APC and Buhari are anti nigeria and pro Hausa and Yoruba, not nigeria
You think say na everybody go be like your GEJ? grrrrra here shit mehn NP enemy of progress

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airway Will Be Back Soon by cjrane: 11:31pm On Aug 26, 2015
Another avenue to loot the country and give jobs to party boys
Re: Nigerian Airway Will Be Back Soon by bashydemy(m): 12:00am On Aug 27, 2015
cjrane:
So na PDP boys make dem give jobs to when the craft kick started?
Re: Nigerian Airway Will Be Back Soon by modath(f): 12:23am On Aug 27, 2015
cjrane:

Just like PDP turned the oil & gas sector to a political patronage platform with the proliferation of portfolio oil & gas dealers,, who have neither the financial muscle nor the physical infrastructure to undertake such..

News flash, PMB is in charge now, incase you just came out the hole you buried yourself in after Jona's loss..
Re: Nigerian Airway Will Be Back Soon by coldsummer: 12:50am On Aug 27, 2015
I pray this happens and soon. When it happens, we pray it's affordable
Re: Nigerian Airway Will Be Back Soon by magicminister: 12:56am On Aug 27, 2015
Will they get their act right this time?
Its not just about making come back.
Will their planes be properly maintained now and avoidable crashes prevented?
Will the income generated get properly utilized?

Personally, I will not be flying Nigerian airways unless I start seeing good reviews.

I wish them the best
Re: Nigerian Airway Will Be Back Soon by WailingWailer00(m): 1:02am On Aug 27, 2015
God forbid, I announce and proclaim it dead on arrival
Before you know e go turn to Kano airline or Daura Airline angry angry

RIP Nigeria airways grin
Re: Nigerian Airway Will Be Back Soon by bashydemy(m): 1:10am On Aug 27, 2015
WailingWailer00:
God forbid, I announce and proclaim it dead on arrival
Before you know e go turn to Kano airline or Daura Airline angry angry

RIP Nigeria airways grin
PMB is in charge as someone said earlier, so this is Mr no nonsense and new planes will be bought so Nigerian Airways will be my next airline to be flying...
Re: Nigerian Airway Will Be Back Soon by vanunu: 5:37am On Aug 27, 2015
Total waste of money, no developed country runs airline. Fooolish decision.
Re: Nigerian Airway Will Be Back Soon by Nairadean(m): 5:40am On Aug 27, 2015
Really let's hope so
CHECK
Http://www.heldeen.com
Re: Nigerian Airway Will Be Back Soon by Horlawoomey(m): 7:00am On Aug 27, 2015
That will be nice
Re: Nigerian Airway Will Be Back Soon by bashydemy(m): 10:12pm On Aug 28, 2015
vanunu:
are you alright? have you ever heard of Ethopia, Kenya, Malaysia, Qatar, Canadian, British etc airline/airways?
Re: Nigerian Airway Will Be Back Soon by wolex3030: 11:58pm On Aug 28, 2015
vanunu:
. Do you understand what you are talking about, you said no developed country runs airline. what abt Kenya airways,airfrance,Turkish air,Egypt air,Ethiopia air,Rwanda air,South Africa airline,alitalia,KLM,Lufthansa,Emirate air,Qatar air,air Jordan,British air,air moroc,united air etc.pls tell me are these airlines i stated not government owned?, are they owned by individuals? pls mk ur research well b4 you mk comment.Nigeria airways should come bk to life.Afrik air is the only Nigeria airline that fly international and it is privately owned.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Obanikoro Hiding From Nigerian Investigators. His Accounts Linked To Ekitigate / Photo When You Are From KATSINA State / Open Letter To Gov. Fayose By PDP Member.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.