Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,731 members, 7,905,687 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 04:25 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (798958 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 20, 2015
slimmy05:
To add to the other responses. He should check if the her insurance will take care of her child delivery. I know mine does, a friend gave birth here and her insurance paid everything. There is nothing church cannot do, try to register with a church. She will get a lot of benefits

hmmmn, slimmy, Thumbs up jare, Although he is able to take care of the bill but i will still inform him of these as well,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 1:39am On Oct 21, 2015
shegsky:

hmmmn, slimmy, Thumbs up jare, Although he is able to take care of the bill but i will still inform him of these as well,
Your brother sef no fit buy Plan B $48 grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by lordoftherings: 4:30am On Oct 21, 2015
bigfrancis21:

2. In addition to what others have said, for number 2, she will be allowed to continue her studies and the good thing is that she can also take a break in between semesters because the US law permits cases like international students who fall extremely sick or pregnant international students who give birth in the US to defer their admission to allow them time to heal or nurse their baby.

3) When the child is born here in the US, the child is automatically a US citizen. Some weeks after child birth, the mom can apply for his birth certificate (very important) for future use such as in obtaining the child's US passport.

She might want to go to Texas for child delivery where it is often cheaper than in places like Maryland (where I am), if she is not living there currently.

4) Definitely. Your friend can be listed on the child's birth certificate as father. That is the right thing hat is done, regardless of his status in the country. This is very important for future references.

5) No she won't be deported because she is still in legal status. Like I and others have said before, the child automatically becomes a US citizen but the status of the mother remains the same and does not change.

6) The US law requires one to be married to a US citizen or at least a green card holder to be eligible to adjust status via marriage. Since neither of them is a US citizen, unfortunately their status does not change. They would have to seek their own way out or wait till the child is 18 years to file for both of them, which I do not recommend anyway because of the length of time involved.

About No,6 even if the child turn 18 he cant file nothing, cause he has to show financial stability that he can take care of his parents, probably he should just be done with high school he cant be given such responsibility. lets just say when the boy is in his mid-twenties or late.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 21, 2015
slimmy05:
Your brother sef no fit buy Plan B $48 grin
plan B . Oya Jamisi, but my bro dey take good care of the girl wella, cos her parents them don abandon her since she don blow the whistle of her pregnancy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Stewee(m): 6:55am On Oct 21, 2015
amanze15:
Shout to stewee, bartino, slimmy05, .....great guys, slimmy05 Bros you got mail

How are you bruh!
Hope you're holding shit down.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Stewee(m): 7:04am On Oct 21, 2015
olatbaba:
Started following this thread a while back, i thank and appreciate everyone who contributes immensely to keep the thread alive, My Visa was approved this morning at the Lagos Consulate. I am going for a masters program at Franklin Uni. Industrial and Organizational Psychology. The Interview lasted for about 2mins and the following conversation ensued

VO: *smiles* Good morning

Me: Good morning

VO: So tell me about this Program at Franklin University

Me: It's a masters program in I/O Psychology. Industrial Psychology is the scientific study of human behavior in the work place and it also applies psychological theories and principles to Organizations. (VO was nodding and smiling)

VO: why this program

Me: The world of business is at its fastest pace in the history of mankind, hence organizations are having to deal with a lot of problems which are mostly "people problem" and when it comes to dealing with people, Psychologists are best positioned to offer help.

VO: what do you plan to do after the program and what will you do with this degree in Nigeria

Me: I plan to come back to Nigeria and change the business game, the discipline is behind in Nigeria because most employers believes Human Resource Practitioners are suited to solve human problems at the workplace but they don't understand human behaviour can only be efficiently dealt with by Psychologists, so i have a Job to do to make them understand this. (VO was nodding and smiling again)

VO: Are you working currently

Me: I completed my National Youth Service 2 months ago and i continued working voluntarily at the Local government where i served.

VO: What school did you graduate from

Me: University of Lagos

VO: And what did you study

Me: Psychology

VO: who is your sponsor

Me: My Elder brother

VO: what does he do

Me: He's an IT consultant and he co owns a firm that sells computers and does installation

VO: When does this program start

Me: Feb 1 2016

VO: Congratulations because your Visa has been approved. Pick it up at the circled location in 3 days.

Based on the advice and comments i saw on this thread, i wrote TOEFL even though it wasn't required by my school. After evaluating my Transcript GRE was waived. Basically the process wasn't as tough as people made it seem or the VO probably made it seem easy because she kept smiling all through, and yes i saw the popular chinko guy everyone here talks about. Lol He denied like first 3 people he interviewed i wasn't scared to face him though. In the end it was GOD. once again, i thank everyone on here you guys are the best!

Congratulations
So How did you deal with Akintayo and kemmer and fagbohungbe and all those wonderful guys In psycho dept?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 21, 2015
lordoftherings:

About No,6 even if the child turn 18 he cant file nothing, cause he has to show financial stability that he can take care of his parents, probably he should just be done with high school he cant be given such responsibility. lets just say when the boy is in his mid-twenties or late.

ok. One thing i could Deduce from some inputs here is that the lady will be in a better position to file for my bro ,if she eventually secured a job after her studies .abi what did you think Boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 21, 2015
shegsky:
@ Bigfrancis51 and DeeTus , how else can i thank you guyz for your immense inputs so far without mincing words, you Guyz are surely going higher and higher in all your endeavours by God's Grace . I really appreciate all ur contribution ,and have forwarded all your replies to him ,so as for him to know the next step he is gonna take . Eseun mi o. Ife wa koni dibaje o.
o dara
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by olatbaba: 8:56am On Oct 21, 2015
Stewee:

Congratulations
So How did you deal with Akintayo and kemmer and fagbohungbe and all those wonderful guys In psycho dept?

Thanks bro! Lol Wasn't hard dealing with them at all. Awesome Lecturers i tell you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by donkotman(m): 9:15am On Oct 21, 2015
olatbaba:
Started following this thread a while back, i thank and appreciate everyone who contributes immensely to keep the thread alive, My Visa was approved this morning at the Lagos Consulate. I am going for a masters program at Franklin Uni. Industrial and Organizational Psychology. The Interview lasted for about 2mins and the following conversation ensued

VO: *smiles* Good morning

Me: Good morning

VO: So tell me about this Program at Franklin University

Me: It's a masters program in I/O Psychology. Industrial Psychology is the scientific study of human behavior in the work place and it also applies psychological theories and principles to Organizations. (VO was nodding and smiling)

VO: why this program

Me: The world of business is at its fastest pace in the history of mankind, hence organizations are having to deal with a lot of problems which are mostly "people problem" and when it comes to dealing with people, Psychologists are best positioned to offer help.

VO: what do you plan to do after the program and what will you do with this degree in Nigeria

Me: I plan to come back to Nigeria and change the business game, the discipline is behind in Nigeria because most employers believes Human Resource Practitioners are suited to solve human problems at the workplace but they don't understand human behaviour can only be efficiently dealt with by Psychologists, so i have a Job to do to make them understand this. (VO was nodding and smiling again)

VO: Are you working currently

Me: I completed my National Youth Service 2 months ago and i continued working voluntarily at the Local government where i served.

VO: What school did you graduate from

Me: University of Lagos

VO: And what did you study

Me: Psychology

VO: who is your sponsor

Me: My Elder brother

VO: what does he do

Me: He's an IT consultant and he co owns a firm that sells computers and does installation

VO: When does this program start

Me: Feb 1 2016

VO: Congratulations because your Visa has been approved. Pick it up at the circled location in 3 days.

Based on the advice and comments i saw on this thread, i wrote TOEFL even though it wasn't required by my school. After evaluating my Transcript GRE was waived. Basically the process wasn't as tough as people made it seem or the VO probably made it seem easy because she kept smiling all through, and yes i saw the popular chinko guy everyone here talks about. Lol He denied like first 3 people he interviewed i wasn't scared to face him though. In the end it was GOD. once again, i thank everyone on here you guys are the best!

congratulations bro,I will like to talk to u privately if u don't mind answering some questions for me concerning d university u applied to.kindly send me ur number to my email segundmx@yahoo.com.tanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by olatbaba: 9:45am On Oct 21, 2015
donkotman:

congratulations bro,I will like to talk to u privately if u don't mind answering some questions for me concerning d university u applied to.kindly send me ur number to my email segundmx@yahoo.com.tanks bro

Done
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by afroxyz: 9:51am On Oct 21, 2015
@bigfrancis: what are the chances of one getting a lecturing job in the states after his PhD programme. I have a masters from UNN. I intend doing medical anthropology
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 21, 2015
lordoftherings:

He can always get a consigner or external support. Not every green card holder has the financial requirement to sponsor their parent. Some get a cosigner who has the financial capability to sponsor.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 21, 2015
shegsky:

ok. One thing i could Deduce from some inputs here is that the lady will be in a better position to file for my bro ,if she eventually secured a job after her studies .abi what did you think Boss
Don't get it wrong. Getting a job doesn't mean she can file for your brother. She has to be under the H1B visa which employers can file for their employees. With H1B visa she can add your brother as dependent more like how F-2 visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 21, 2015
shegsky:

plan B . Oya Jamisi, but my bro dey take good care of the girl wella, cos her parents them don abandon her since she don blow the whistle of her pregnancy.
Plan B is like the usual postinor bad boys like profojah and the rest prescribe for their gf after skin diving
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by NellyGhenghen(m): 11:56am On Oct 21, 2015
Hello house.

Just had my interview for an F1 visa at the us embassy Abuja. Met the black lady and she gave me tough time. After bombarding my life with questions, one of which I couldn't answer I just shrugged to.. She asked for my sponsor and I said my dad.. She asked for account statements which were good, I passed them to her, she mellowed down at this point.. And she began to type for a long time. I could swear on my life I was going to be denied but then she handed me the yellow script and told me to come back with my dads most recent bank statement.

What are my chances d next time i go? She didn't give me back my Ds 160. Do I need to print another one? Will I meet her again next time? Cos that lady has serious wahala.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 21, 2015
shegsky:

person wey no fit start school? him no c USC give belle?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 21, 2015
Please anyone

sirRiddy:
Hello guys,
this place has been dry lately sha grin grin grin

Please, I have a question. My sponsor's Statement of Account is
a company account, his company. He wants to write a letter to accompany this.
Will this tenable for admission
and/or visa interview?
Thank you for your usual wonderful responses.

Still looking for people in Kansas...Holla please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ttmacoy: 1:53pm On Oct 21, 2015
He should go back to Nigeria while you file. As spouse of citizen filing will be quicker under one year.

If he stays back he will go out if status and can cause issues when filing and you will end up spending lots of money on lawyers compared to the straightforward case with him in Nigeria.

It doesn't matter of he marries in Nigeria or US, but court wedding better as legally accepted.

slimmy05:
You can get married to him either in Nigeria or US, I'll recommend you guys get married in US, then he can leave to Nigeria or he can be in US there, then you can file for him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by NellyGhenghen(m): 1:58pm On Oct 21, 2015
sirRiddy:
Hello guys,
this place has been dry lately sha grin grin grin

Please, I have a question. My sponsor's Statement of Account is
a company account, his company. He wants to write a letter to accompany this.
Will this tenable for admission
and/or visa interview?
Thank you for your usual wonderful responses.

Still looking for people in Kansas...Holla please.

Yes. Used my dads company account for admission and used both his personal and company for visa. You should be fine if you have something to link ur dad to the company which in ur case is a sponsorship letter. Especially if its a letter headed paper.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 21, 2015
ttmacoy:
He should go back to Nigeria while you file. As spouse of citizen filing will be quicker under one year.

If he stays back he will go out if status and can cause issues when filing and you will end up spending lots of money on lawyers compared to the straightforward case with him in Nigeria.

It doesn't matter of he marries in Nigeria or US, but court wedding better as legally accepted.

That's not true. Even if he falls out of status he doesn't need any lawyer. She can fill the waiver form. He should remain here in US. It shouldn't take more than 6-7months if things go right. The dudes visa is still valid and with what she wrote.

Who dey use lawyer sef file for that thing. Lawyer fees shouldn't exceed $1500 to $2000 even if they are lazy to take time and fill their forms.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 21, 2015
thank you.
NellyGhenghen:

Yes. Used my dads company account for admission and used both his personal and company for visa. You should be fine if you have something to link ur dad to the company which in ur case is a sponsorship letter. Especially if its a letter headed paper.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 21, 2015
warriboy21:

guy try troy uni..but u gotta have strong recommendation letters n sop n try to do both mba n toefl.. to boost ur chances...

Tnx bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by sakibuyomi: 2:20pm On Oct 21, 2015
slimmy05:
That's not true. Even if he falls out of status he doesn't need any lawyer. She can fill the waiver form. He should remain here in US. It shouldn't take more than 6-7months if things go right. The dudes visa is still valid and with what she wrote.

Who dey use lawyer sef file for that thing. Lawyer fees shouldn't exceed $1500 to $2000 even if they are lazy to take time and fill their forms.
Thanks everyone, slimmy05 et all, I appreciate u all. We have concluded to get married here in Indianapolis while he stays here with me and will do the necessary filings like u have all advised.
I do not wish he goes back to nigeria after our marriage because I don't wish to be left alone here
Thanks all and I wish u all good luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 21, 2015
kosplateau:
person wey no fit start school? him no c USC give belle?
Na Reflex action cause am jare.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 21, 2015
sakibuyomi:

Thanks everyone, slimmy05 et all, I appreciate u ll. We have concluded to get married here in Indianapolis while he stays here with me and will do the necessary filings like u have all advised.
I do not wish he goes back to nigeria after our marriage because I don't wish to be left alone here
Thanks all and I wish u all good luck.

hmmmn, how i wish MY Bro has taken these same route , Things wont have gone haywire now, But reflex action no go gree ,Nevertheless, I wish you the best in your new adventure. .....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ttmacoy: 3:18pm On Oct 21, 2015
Overstaying your B1 visa to get married and apply for a green card complicates your application as this increases the chances of USCIS thinking your marriage is fraudulent.

I don't see why he should overstay his visa and cause unnecessary complications when he can simply return to Nigeria and apply through a more straightforward process and be back within a year.

The more complicated your case the higher the chances you need a lawyer. They would not need a lawyer if he returns to Nigeria and his case is straightforward, but complicating it by over staying is not advisable and may require use of a lawyer if the USCIS come up with issues.

slimmy05:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 21, 2015
ttmacoy:
Overstaying your B1 visa to get married and apply for a green card complicates your application as this increases the chances of USCIS thinking your marriage is fraudulent.

I don't see why he should overstay his visa and cause unnecessary complications when he can simply return to Nigeria and apply through a more straightforward process and be back within a year.

The more complicated your case the higher the chances you need a lawyer. They would not need a lawyer if he returns to Nigeria and his case is straightforward, but complicating it by over staying is not advisable and may require use of a lawyer if the USCIS come up with issues.

Forget the whole brouhaha and the nonsense noise people make. Once you can prove your marriage is valid, the rest is story. A lot of people have fall out of status even for years got married even to Americans and no issues. Once you can prove your marriage is valid, the rest is story. Even if he has over stayed for 4years.

I don't think you know how this process works. Even if he over stays for 6years, getting married to a citizen will give him the chance to apply for a waiver and that is where the lawyers comes in. Once they can prove it is valid. The rest is story.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ttmacoy: 3:24pm On Oct 21, 2015
Ok oh I get you.

Personally I prefer at with forward process but it's up to the poster.

Another option is to apply for fiancée visa for the partner, get married in the U.S. And apply for green card which is also straightforward but if poster is comfortable with overstaying B1 visa to apply then she can.

slimmy05:
This is two Nigerians here. Forget the whole burhaha and the nonsense noise people make. Once you can prove your marriage is valid, the rest is story.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 21, 2015
ttmacoy:
Ok oh I get you.

Personally I prefer at with forward process but it's up to the poster.

Another option is to apply for fiancée visa for the partner, get married in the U.S. And apply for green card which is also straightforward but if poster is comfortable with overstaying B1 visa to apply then she can.

that is not only waste of money, it is waste of time. It is as straightforward as anything. It's just about filling forms.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by afroxyz: 3:35pm On Oct 21, 2015
what are the chances of one getting a lecturing job in the states after his PhD programme. I have a masters from UNN. I intend doing medical anthropology

Can someone plz answer me?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 3:40pm On Oct 21, 2015
slimmy05:
This is two Nigerians here. Forget the whole burhaha and the nonsense noise people make. Once you can prove your marriage is valid, the rest is story. A lot of people have fall out of status even for years got married even to Ameicans and no issues. Once you ca prove your marriage is valid, the rest is story. Eve f he has over stayed for 4years.

I don't think you know how this process works. Even if he over stays for 6years, getting married to a citizen will give him the chance to apply for a waiver and that is where the lawyers comes in. Once they can prove it is valid. The rest is story.

Yes ohh,Your "Sins" are forgiven when you get married to a citizen. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.