Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,633 members, 7,926,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 12:51 AM

HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. (16780 Views)

I Outshined My Employers, Now I'm in Trouble / 7 Ways Nigerian Bosses Abuse Their Staff / Internet Abuse At Workplace: A Rising Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by haabimbohlar(f): 4:54pm On Aug 28, 2015
Its high time Nigerians start taking actions on the foreign companies that maltreat Nigerians and treat them like shit. SUE THEM
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by dotune(m): 4:59pm On Aug 28, 2015
Anything Chinko, Indian or Lebanese na die. May God rid this nation of them.

1 Like

Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by histemple: 5:01pm On Aug 28, 2015
Well, I sincerely share your grief as it can be extremely difficult, when relieved suddenly, to cope. It's even more disheartening when you have a family who probably depends entirely on you.

In most cases of retrenchment, the nature of employment and how the parties disengaged, are what determines the outcome.

Any of the parties can be sued for breach and damages if a clear violation is established, in sync with the country's labour law.

Please not that if your termination was not communicated to you in writing, then you have not been sacked, legally speaking.

But If you have your letter of appointment and that of your termination, you can get a lawyer to advise you on what next to do after careful study.

However, based on your submission, it appears you have a good case.
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 5:02pm On Aug 28, 2015
HerexG:
Bro since you have returned all the documents that show you was once their staff, what evidence do you have to fight these greedy midgets
So you think he also returned his employment letter? SMH
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by judedwriter(m): 5:19pm On Aug 28, 2015
handie:
I just shake my head and weep for my country. Bloody chinkos will come and boss us around in our country. Lebanese will leave their war ravaged country and come boss over us in our own country.... Even south Africans will come, boss over us, impose incredible prices(MTN and DSTV) on us, flout court orders, exploit our hospitality and take all their naija gotten wealth back to SA for investment. Even Indians who shouldn't stand near Nigeria in development(doubt that? How about u watch slumdog millionaire) will still come and boss over us. Why Nigeria? What sin did we commit? How have we gotten to this?
sadly, this country is jinxed; only GOD can help us.
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by Footsoldier(m): 5:22pm On Aug 28, 2015
Contact me directly

maldonaldo:
Good day All, I have an issue with a Chinese- owned FMCG manufacturing company that is based in Agege, Lagos.

I was employed February this year as an Area Sales Manager and my job function was to recruit Distributors – Business people who buy in bulk purchases and resell to Sub-distributors, Wholesalers and retailers as the case may be.

Although faced with the challenges of :

- No support sales team like Sales executive, Merchandisers etc (Though they promised to provide)
- No mobility tool move around an Area covering 3 states in the south west.
- No support in form of Marketing and promotions.

As a career person who has over 6 years experience in the same position in other companies in the past, I gave in my best and in no time started getting sales from my location.

Suddenly during the 1st week of August I got a call to appear at the Head Office and was told I’ve been relieved of my services because I didn’t perform as expected by management. Shocking as it is, and coupled with the fact that records proved otherwise, I agreed to move since it’s not my father’s company.

BUT my salary of July was not paid up till now (Almost 1 month), despite the fact that I surpassed my target and did 117%- well above my target in the month of July.

I have done ALL the necessary clearance – which are releasing all company’s property in my possession and the company’s staff (National Sales Manager and Regional Managers) have confirmed that I do not owe any customer /Distributor any KOBO.

I have been calling the HR Manager, the NSM and Regional Manager for weeks and all they are playing me like I’m kid.

I believe this is an infringement on my Human rights as I have a lot of financial challenges; I have a young family to take care, I have to move on with my career and so on.

The delay has made me lose my intention of applying for an MBA I wanted to apply for as deadline for application is passed and I’ve been exposed to terrible conditions and situations that have financial links.

I hereby appeal to all Human Right activists, Labour union activists, human right lawyers and the general public[b] to advice me[/b] on what steps to take because I suspect FOUL PLAY by the management of this company.

I believe there are lots of Nigerian youths who have also been mistreated by these foreign companies and it's time we put an end to it.
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by free2ryhme: 5:30pm On Aug 28, 2015
maldonaldo:

What do you mean by evidences?
My account statement? - to show that i was not paid for the month i worked.

Please explain.

thanks

Have you written the coy by courier

note: you must get receipt of mail received oo

1 Like

Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by fairheven: 5:40pm On Aug 28, 2015
Saw someone mention 500k. .for wt naa,were will you get such money from?
You can as well sue them on credit
But seriously I belief you can get a human-right lawyer that will charge little or nothing,you try national human right commission or go to some popular law chambers like Gani Fawehinmi Femi Falana or Olise AGBAKOBA chambers. Or even Joe Odumakin
These ones are more interest in lives than the money. Olisa Agbakoba chamber is in Apapa,national human right is around TOWN Planning ,the rest you can google

1 Like

Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by waxyung(m): 5:41pm On Aug 28, 2015
I av a similar experience wit d indians. I'm an ND graduate of agric.i got a I.T placement dere..d manager Mr. Shiva Kumar neva want 2 see u sit even afta u'v done all wat nid 2 b done. We as students neva get scared of dem lyk oda workers dere..dats wat triggered why he ask us 2 leave. D H.R mr Godspower,a nigerian is nt helping matter as he only put all d blame on us.dey even deduct our salary.we'r nt allowed 2 go out atal nt even 2 c our families.Nigerians r rili suffering in dat company dey work lyk jacky. Its an aquaculture company around oregun ikeja(TRITON AQUA) opposite conoil filling station..doz ppl nid 2 b taught a lesson
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by kolokolobi(m): 5:44pm On Aug 28, 2015
A few questions.
You were sacked verbally. As a senior staff I expect you to know better than accept a sack verbally and then start handing over company property. What you should have done is that when they said that to you without a letter, you should have gone to a business center, do a letter to them capturing what they said and note that in line with what they said, that is verbally terminating your employment you wish to submit the following. List out what your giving back and have whoever counter sign as received. You now use that as evidence if the terms of termination as contained in your letter of employment was breached. Right now I dare say they could claim you absconded from your duty post as there is no evidence of them sacking you. That you left off company property only makes it better for them as they can solidify their abscondment theory. Your way out is to get a lawyer, I'm not one, so he may draft a letter of demand of your salary and any other benefits due you as a result of the breach of your employment contract with them. That is if there's a breach as I do not know the contents of the contract or details of their HR manual, policies or staff handbook. Get a competent lawyer, sit down with him and get out all the details. It's possible to exploit a loop hole to get your entitlements. I know paying for legal services might be a current challenge, you may get a lawyer that will accept a sharing formula from what you may receive as payment if you win.
Furthermore, contact public complaints commission and national human rights commission with a detailed brief of what how and when.
Good luck.
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by saidu009: 5:47pm On Aug 28, 2015
PLS CHECK THE BUILDING CLOSE TO STADIUM LAGOS (HUMAN RIGHT LAWYERS ARE THERE, IT WILL COST YOU NOTHING THIS END IS ESTABLISHED BY THE PRESENT VICE PRESIDENT OSIBANJO. PLS TRY IT
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by bolabolabo: 5:52pm On Aug 28, 2015
handie:
I just shake my head and weep for my country. Bloody chinkos will come and boss us around in our country. Lebanese will leave their war ravaged country and come boss over us in our own country.... Even south Africans will come, boss over us, impose incredible prices(MTN and DSTV) on us, flout court orders, exploit our hospitality and take all their naija gotten wealth back to SA for investment. Even Indians who shouldn't stand near Nigeria in development(doubt that? How about u watch slumdog millionaire) will still come and boss over us. Why Nigeria? What sin did we commit? How have we gotten to this?
that is why people like u and I should work hard and smart enuf to fill dis miscreants positions and use it to better our country...
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by fairheven: 6:06pm On Aug 28, 2015
handie:

Do you blame them really? In all of this they make use of fellow Nigerians to achieve there diabolical acts. I mean the HR department are Nigerian manned
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by TokyoBulls(m): 7:01pm On Aug 28, 2015
Send me a mail via private message and I will get you a lawyer (FREE OF CHARGE) to pursue this case. You seem to have a good case but let a lawyer take it up for you.
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by City44(m): 7:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
@ OP:
You need a good Human Rights Lawyer to fight for you on the breach of your rights.

Pls send a mail immediately to this Lawyer , contact him and I can assure you that he will handle the case perfectly for you: tayolawyer44@yahoo.com

He is a very good Lawyer & Activist and in fact that Chinesse company will be the one begging you by the time he steps on the matter. Goodluck.
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by madjune(m): 7:19pm On Aug 28, 2015
KINDLY VOTE FOR MADJUNE IN THE mobilebookshelf write and win COMPETITION WITH THE POETRY ENTRY TITLED-

ALONE WITH MY THOUGHTS ( TORMENT OF THE WITCHING TREE)

KINDLY VISIT WWW.MOBILEBOOKSHELF.COM.

LIKE THE PAGE AND PLEASE, FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS DULY BEFORE VOTING.

THANK YOU and LOADS OF LOVE AS YOU DO. MUAAHHH!
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by femo86(m): 7:40pm On Aug 28, 2015
maldonaldo:
Good day All, I have an issue with a Chinese- owned FMCG manufacturing company that is based in Agege, Lagos.

I was employed February this year as an Area Sales Manager and my job function was to recruit Distributors – Business people who buy in bulk purchases and resell to Sub-distributors, Wholesalers and retailers as the case may be.

- No support sales team like Sales executive, Merchandisers etc (Though they promised to provide)

As a career person who has over 6 years experience in the same position in other companies in the past, I gave in my best and in no time started getting sales from my location.

Suddenly during the 1st week of August I got a call to appear at the Head Office and was told I’ve been relieved of my services because I didn’t perform as expected by management. Shocking as it is, and coupled with the fact that records proved otherwise, I agreed to move since it’s not my father’s company.

BUT my salary of July was not paid up till now (Almost 1 month), despite the fact that I surpassed my target and did 117%- well above my target in the month of July.

I have done ALL the necessary clearance – which are releasing all company’s property in my possession and the company’s staff (National Sales Manager and Regional Managers) have confirmed that I do not owe any customer /Distributor any KOBO.

I have been calling the HR Manager, the NSM and Regional Manager for weeks and all they are playing me like I’m kid.

I believe this is an infringement on my Human rights as I have a lot of financial challenges; I have a young family to take care, I have to move on with my career and so on.

The delay has made me lose my intention of applying for an MBA I wanted to apply for as deadline for application is passed and I’ve been exposed to terrible conditions and situations that have financial links.

I hereby appeal to all Human Right activists, Labour union activists, human right lawyers and the general public[b] to advice me[/b] on what steps to take because I suspect FOUL PLAY by the management of this company.

I believe there are lots of Nigerian youths who have also been mistreated by these foreign companies and it's time we put an end to it.

Alot of Lawyers out there.....Sue them bro....awon olori buruku...

FrontPage Material
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by pek(m): 8:28pm On Aug 28, 2015
ozome15:
Bros, it seems u have a case. A very good one at that, if u are sure that all u have said is true. Send the name of the company, ur latter of employment, and every other details that will help look into the case. To onyedikaaguonyia@yahoo.com
latter? and you want him to write you?

1 Like

Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by gbemoh: 9:39pm On Aug 28, 2015
In my own opinion, judging from your financial standpoint and the judicial snail paced system in the country, I'll advise you go to a mediation centre, find one around your state, its usually in the ministry of justice in the state secretariat, it would cost you nothing, and a letter would be sent to the company to report to the office, this tends to solve disputes. Give it a try for a start.

1 Like

Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by kayceelol: 9:46pm On Aug 28, 2015
my bros i also work in an indian coy ,all i advised is that let the lawyers sue them,u will see them calling you or even pay to
your account. This non sense has to stop, pls if possible make sure you have records of your target and achievement so that the dont cook up any stories against you
best of luck

1 Like

Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by LeStylo: 7:47am On Aug 29, 2015
maldonaldo:

Visit Lagos State Office of the Public Defender at Ojuelegbe Baracks along Funsho Williams Avenue (formerly Western Avenue), Surulere. Ensure you've got all necessary documents and correspondence to corroborate your side of the story including emails.

They'll pay you "rush-rush" when they receive a subpoena.

1 Like

Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by montees(m): 12:42pm On May 09, 2016
maldonaldo:

Thanks for your input.

I was actually employed as a Senior staff, i have my Appointment letter and i was made to undertake a Handing-over process where my ID card was collected and my immediate superiors( who are also part of the scheme now) counter-signed and ascertained that i'm not owing the company of it's partners any dime.
Funny thing is - They didn't give me a Termination letter, they just invited me to the Head office, Told me verbally and told me that i will be communicated on when to come for my Termination letter and they also made verbal promises of paying the salary of the last month in which i worked.

So what other evidence is needed?
go ahead I wish you success.
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by iseeicome: 9:19am On Sep 11, 2017
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. by habayinc(m): 3:49pm On May 17, 2018
waxyung:
I av a similar experience wit d indians. I'm an ND graduate of agric.i got a I.T placement dere..d manager Mr. Shiva Kumar neva want 2 see u sit even afta u'v done all wat nid 2 b done. We as students neva get scared of dem lyk oda workers dere..dats wat triggered why he ask us 2 leave. D H.R mr Godspower,a nigerian is nt helping matter as he only put all d blame on us.dey even deduct our salary.we'r nt allowed 2 go out atal nt even 2 c our families.Nigerians r rili suffering in dat company dey work lyk jacky. Its an aquaculture company around oregun ikeja(TRITON AQUA) opposite conoil filling station..doz ppl nid 2 b taught a lesson
Just the same place I was interviewed for a job . Thanks for the info.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Public Relations Career / Dangote Refinery: Graduate Trainees Vow To End Fuel Scarcity / What Song Inspires You To Work Hard?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.