Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,387 members, 7,950,825 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 11:24 PM

Interswitch Alert Mail (fraud Warning) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Interswitch Alert Mail (fraud Warning) (993 Views)

Any Experience With Interswitch's Quickteller (www.quickteller.com.ng)? / Interswitch ATM Fraud Alert! / Interswitch ATM/Debit Card - The Answer To Online Fraud? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interswitch Alert Mail (fraud Warning) by Mowire: 12:21pm On Mar 31, 2009
I saw a mail in my box this morning with the subject: [size=8pt]"Interswitch Nigeria: Card Security Updates"[/size] from
[size=8pt]Interswitch Alerts[/size]. The following is the content of the mail:

Interswitch Nigeria: Card Security Updates.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009 3:05 AM
"Interswitch Alerts." <Alerts@interswitchng.com>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
undisclosed-recipients

Dear Interswitch Card Holder,

During our regularly scheduled account maintenance and verification procedures with affiliated banks below), we have detected a slight error in your account information.

This might be due to either of the following reasons:

1. Multiple failed attempts to add your card details to the new interswitch card system.
2. An inability to accurately verify your selected option of payment due to an internal error within our processors.

Please update and verify your information by clicking the link below:

https://webpay.interswitchng. com/webpay/

If your account information is not updated within 48 hours then your ability to access your account will become restricted.

Note: Card Number (printed on card issued by bank) and Pin are numeric. Refer to your Debit and/or Cash Cards.

Thank you for choosing, Interswitch.

* Please do not respond to this email as your reply will not be received

* Affiliated Banks (GTBank, UBA, Sky bank, BankPHB, Zenith, Access Bank, Intercontinental Bank PLC, Diamond Bank, Stanbic IBTC Bank,  Oceanic Bank, Unity Bank, Wema Bank, Fin Bank ,First Bank)

I checked the link out and the required from you are your card number and PIN. The Interswitch logo on the web page is scanned copy.

This mail I'm sure is a fraud. Supplying ones ATM card details on this site will be given oneself out to fraudsters. Please spread the news to as many as you can. You can't tell who could get hit.
Re: Interswitch Alert Mail (fraud Warning) by Mowire: 12:29pm On Mar 31, 2009
There is actually an alert on the interswitch home page on this fraud at this moment. It says the site is fake.
People don't ordinarily go visiting Interswitch website so most people in this country might just be as ignorant of the alert on the authentic Interswitch website as I was until a few minutes ago; and my bank has not alerted me.
Re: Interswitch Alert Mail (fraud Warning) by WESTERNCR: 9:15pm On Apr 27, 2009
tx mowire. i got same msg 2
Re: Interswitch Alert Mail (fraud Warning) by technobayo(m): 11:26am On May 01, 2009
Keep getting the mail over n over again. Omoo, "soji" 'urselves o!

(1) (Reply)

Chemical Plant In Nigeria - Financial Partners Wanted / What Small Scale Business (sme) Can One Do / Let' Talk Internet Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.