Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,341 members, 7,888,080 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:49 PM

President Buhari And The Price For Change By Arinze Esomnofu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari And The Price For Change By Arinze Esomnofu (506 Views)

Nigerians Will See True Change By 2018 – Vice President Osinbajo / Youth Alliance for Change Berates Remi Tinubu / Fashola, Amaechi, Tinubu And Change By Shaka Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari And The Price For Change By Arinze Esomnofu by ddddon(m): 10:43am On Aug 29, 2015
by Arinze Esomnofu
arinzeesomnofu@gmail.com

Slave trade once upon a time in the world was regarded as a norm, you dare not speak evil against it. Great Nations were once perpetrators of the slave trade business, men were called successful trade merchants, based on the amount of slaves they have and there was no guilty feeling about this then, because to everyone it was viewed as a norm.

Then 'Change' came knocking, and despite how hard it was for these Nations that had thrived on the slave business to accept it, they had to accept it and popularly tag it 'The price for change'. Many switched trade, and before you could say 'Jack Robinson' their various trade were thriving without the slave business, which they initially thought was impossible.

But the Americans' were too attached to the trade business that they refused to let go, and that was the remote cause of the American Civil War between 1861-1865 a war that literally lasted for (4 years, 3 weeks and 6 days) and an estimated 625,000–850,000 people died in the war. In the end, good triumphed over evil and that led to the abolishment of slave trade in America. That was the price of 'Change'. It was a tough decision to make, it was a tough call, but the American after the War accepted 'Change' and it was 'Change' that Changed their fortunes for the good.

Nelson Mandela after spending 27 years in prison became the first black President of South Africa, many expected him to go after his jailers (the whites) in South Africa, because to them it was the right thing to do. But the Great Man, the Legend Mr Mandela took the tough option of forgiveness and integration, he took the path of Change, and till date South Africa benefits from that decision. Mandela's decision was seen as tough and unreasonable but he made it anyway, because it was the right thing to do.

Nigerians on 28th of March 2015 voted 'en masse' for 'Change', we broke the jinx of "incumbent factor" in a Presidential election, we voted and protected our votes making sure it counts. We went through all these because we trust the incorruptible personality of President Buhari and what he is bringing to the table.

Right now, I might not be Femi Adesina but am sure the President is asking us to sit tight and watch him unveil his plans for us rather than question the region his appointees are from.

We voted Buhari to perform now he is asking us to trust him, "is he asking for too much" I strongly doubt that.
Based on President Buhari recent appointments, I can't help but ask this question, for I know it will be on the mind of most Nigerians at this time "Does it mean that, the South East, South South nor South West can not provide a candidate that will deliver ?" Sure they do, we have many technocrats that can deliver from every region of this great Country, but what the President is looking at right now is not just who can perform alone, but who can perform and also someone that the President can trust with his eyes even closed, so on that ground I say let's cut the President some slacks, for none of his actions can be tag unconstitutional.

One factor that have always worked ahead of President Buhari, is the 'fear of Buhari' and it that fear that have propelled many ministries into doing the right thing, now it's not business as usual, for many now knows that once there is wrong in your agency, you are sure to see the President with his 'Big Hammer' knocking on your door, and that is the exact kind of reputation a working President should have.

Soon the Nigerian Police Force will commence recruitment, most federal ministries will also commence recruitment and am sure many unemployed youths will fill in these positions and it won't be business as usual, for I know the recruitment will be fair and only the best hands that will get the job.

Change in any Nation have never come easy, it comes with a price, so fellow countrymen and women reading this piece, if your region have not benefitted so far from our President's appointment, I urge us not to be so quick in crying foul but rather see it as the price that must be paid to restore our Nation to where if ought to be.

For what it's worth, my region have not benefited from a single appointments and its not given me sleepless nights for I know its the price associated with Change. Nigeria will be great once again.

Sai Baba, ride on we are with you.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari And The Price For Change By Arinze Esomnofu by olafum1(m): 10:44am On Aug 29, 2015
Ok cool
Re: President Buhari And The Price For Change By Arinze Esomnofu by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 29, 2015
sad
Re: President Buhari And The Price For Change By Arinze Esomnofu by SweetSoup(m): 11:47am On Aug 29, 2015
Okay

(1) (Reply)

History Would Keep Repeating Itself - Buhari To Tinubu! / I'm Not Bound By Law To Declare My Assets -wike / Nigeria leads Africa on port state control enforcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.