Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,489 members, 7,914,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 09:32 PM

My Wife Does Not Want To Take To My Advice - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Does Not Want To Take To My Advice (4963 Views)

My Wife DOES NOT WORK !!! Conversation Between A Husband And A Psychologist / Because Your Wife "DOES NOT WORK"? / My Husband Does Not Want Me To Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Take To My Advice by Dollywood(m): 2:56pm On Mar 02, 2022
Iyaebe:
Why did you marry someone that does not listen or take your advise, you saw all these in the relationship stage but you ignored. See ehn carry your cross.

See who's talking. shocked
Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Take To My Advice by Mikeeytools: 3:07pm On Mar 02, 2022
jimmy74:
I would like to contribute to the topic because I had a similar experience with my fiancee. Prior to our misunderstanding, she use to complain that I am always threatening her ( I will quit, I am bored with the relationship etc) even though I love her deep within me.
I remembered making one of the above comments when we had trouble recently and she took it so personal that all efforts by me to reconcile proved abortive to the extent that she refused to see me when I travelled from lagos to the north to see her (long distant relationship).
However, on the eve of my coming back to lagos she pleaded on the phone , she would like to see me at last which I also ignored and came back to lagos without seeing her again. In the wake all this my sister sat me down and point out my wrongs from the point of view of a woman which I actually accepted my faults and apologise to my fiancee on the phone while in lagos and hence, love like never before.
The point I am trying to make here is that, it si very important to respect the feelings of a woman by looking at issues from their own perspective too b4 taking a descsion. Never allow your self ego to misdirect you. Wish U a healthy relationship with your wife
lol. Ok ooo
Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Take To My Advice by Winneygirl(f): 3:24pm On Mar 02, 2022
This is a thread from 2006.
It will be great if the Op can update us on his marriage 16 years after he made this post.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Take To My Advice by obinna58(m): 3:30pm On Mar 02, 2022
adeniyi1st:
What can I do?

I tried all my best to please my wife in all "ramifications"( i.e. take her as a wife and partner, take her family as mine etc), but most time when I correct my wife on some issues that will make are better as a wife, she takes it so personal, in a way that she will resist the advice and prefare to rather justify her act.

Most recently, my younger bro came for a weekend and her attitude to him was not really welcoming, any little mistake he makes, she send an indirect message

Age wise my brother is older than her, he is currently a final year student in the University, infact the worst of it all is that she expected him to wash the plate he used to eat last night, when her nice is there, who do the daily watching.

I pointed it to her that she should try to be accommodating and be careful the way she treat my brother, she took it so personal, she forced me to say all sorts of thing that really made her angry.

I have try using words of advice to put things in order, but it is not really helping matter. I believe in changes, I also believe that learning is a continuous process, etc.

I need your help, I can not really express all in this forum, but I know that there is an issue somewhere, If you need more info I will try as much as possible to answer.
Last seen 18 jun 2007

It only took one year for the wife to finish him off

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Take To My Advice by grafixdon: 4:18pm On Mar 02, 2022
obinna58:

Last seen 18 jun 2007

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Take To My Advice by ecolime(m): 4:31pm On Mar 02, 2022
Winneygirl:
This is a thread from 2006.
It will be great if the Op can update us on his marriage 16 years after he made this post.
He's probably a GrandDad now

1 Like

Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Take To My Advice by Alexgeneration(m): 5:36pm On Mar 02, 2022
Dollywood:
Damn. 2006? Those was the dark days and early mutation of Simps, their breeds are the ones we seeing around in 2022.
Their offsprings are littered everywhere with the SIMPle lifestyles.

Weak men were running things on this forum until men walked and chased the cvnts out including the SIMPle owner of the forum.
Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Take To My Advice by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 03, 2022
Alexgeneration:
Na the owner of nairaland.com be that.

Him get money but na SIMPle man.
God forbid.
Such a useless man.
Na only him get money?
What a big simp!!!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Take To My Advice by emmanuelbrown26: 10:31pm On Mar 05, 2022
odinson1:
So Seun sef na Simp cheesy

I can't believe the op took the Advice of All those women up there, it's been 16 years now, his wife must have cut off his balls for being a Weak man.
She will control him in his own house,while he continues to Please her so as not to stir up trouble
I never knew that Seun is a chief and master of simp, though the grand master of simp is Adam @seun is d patron of simp.
Imagine the useless advice I just read up their. A woman will always defend her fellow eve bcs they are same but come in different ways.
Imagine one useless girl coming to gv attitude to my beloveth brother. That my brother should wash plate when her niece is still living with us. Why are too many men so so useless in their marriages.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Take To My Advice by emmanuelbrown26: 10:32pm On Mar 05, 2022
obinna58:

Last seen 18 jun 2007

Lolsssssss. Men no get joy
Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Take To My Advice by W0t0w0toman: 1:20pm On May 17
The O.p must have died by now out of frustration from his wife. Death to all SIMPS
Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Take To My Advice by psalmylee(m): 5:10pm On May 17
Nairaland people no go.kee person with laugh
Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Take To My Advice by crystalmoon(m): 7:29am On May 18
Protect your wife from your family
Protect your family from your wife
Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Take To My Advice by jaszplus12(m): 9:19am On May 18
Seun:
You cannot change your wife unless you first accept her with all her faults. You may think you are pleasing her "in all ramifications" but obviously you are not. Unconditional acceptance is a basic need that we all have and if you can't unconditionally accept your wife then are certainly not "pleasing her in all ramifications"

From her point of view, you haven't taken to her own advice - that you should stop bugging her. Some people are very sensitive to criticism especially when they think it's not necessary. I happen to be one of such people so I'm taking your wife's side. Some people just need to learn to shut up and accept others without judging.

Before you get married, open both eyes and once you get married close one. Before you get married, learn about your wife's faults and if you can't tolerate those faults don't marry her! Once you're married, be tolerant!
Your advice is very immature. Did you ask if he dated his wife and for how long? Do you think everyone gets to understand their partners before marriage?
Do you mean because his wife's attitude came after getting married he should swallow every incorrect attitude from her without complaints or trying to correct her?
If he was your brother would you advice him in this manner?
If the tables were against the woman would she like it? Trying to correct her husband and he keeps an obstinate outlook tell me she's going to keep quiet!
Why not offer proper solution to the situation as the OP requested rather than this statements you threw at him, or better still, remain silent.
Married life especially at its early stages should not be a toxic affair. No one knows what tomorrow holds, that brother she's disrespectful of may turn out to be a great help to that family someday...
Re: My Wife Does Not Want To Take To My Advice by Aurelius1(m): 12:48pm On May 18
Your younger brother lacks common sense. How can you, a student, eat in your elder brother's house and expect someone else to wash the plate for you?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tips On How To Successfully Hold Engagement And Wedding On The Same Day / Different Used Toys For Your Kids 08029753141 / Shocking: Ex-footballer Odartey Lamptey Discovers 3 Kids With Wife Not His

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.