Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,183 members, 7,910,232 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 10:24 PM

Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust (1982 Views)

Ango Abdullahi Is On His Own – Northern Elders Forum / Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum / Solomon Asemota Accuses Buhari Of Appointing Islamist Jihadists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by skultrick(m): 9:01am On Aug 30, 2015
The Northern Elders Forum has replied criticism expressed by Nigerians , especially the Igbo in the south-east against President Muhammadu Buhari's style of appointments. The elders called on Nigerians, especially the Igbo in the South-East, to be patient with President Muhammadu Buhari on his alleged one-sided appointments , saying the President is picking only those he can trust as close aides.

The President had named only one southerner among the initial nine political appointments he made.
The northerners in the first appointments are the Director-General of the Department of State Services, Lawal Daura; acting Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Mrs. Amina Zakari; the Director, Department of Petroleum Resources, Mr. Mordecai Danteni Baba Ladan; and the Accountant-General of the Federation, Ahmed Idris.

Others are the President’s Chief Security Officer, Abdulrahman Mani; State Chief of Protocol, Abdullahi Kazaure; Aide-De-Camp, Lt. Col. Muhammed Abubakar; and the Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu.

Only the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, hails from Osun State in the South-West.

The second set of appointments, which was announced through a statement by Adesina on Thursday, which had only one southerner, had caused public outcry.

The appointees are Babachir David Lawal from Adamawa State, who was named Secretary to the Government of the Federation; Mr. Abba Kyari, from Borno, Chief of Staff; Col. Hameed Ali (retd.), from Kano, Comptroller-General, Nigerian Customs Service; Mr. Kure Martin Abeshi, from Nasarawa, Comptroller-General, Nigerian Immigration Service; and Suleiman Kawu, from Kano, SSA to the President on National Assembly Matters (House of Representatives).

The only southerner on the list, Senator Ita Enang, was named the Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate).

Speaking to newsmen on the criticisms generated by the appointments, the Vice Chairman of the NEF, Dr. Paul Unongo, said Buhari had a better understanding of Nigeria, based on his experience as a general, a former Head of State and as President of the country.

He said Buhari would not work against the unity of the country, considering his experience after his military regime and three failed attempts at the Presidency.

Unongo said, “I want people to look at Buhari as somebody that has gone through the rough and tumble of this nation in the political and military arena. It will be very stupid of him to just take anybody.

“It is his innermost people that are going to help him to implement his clearly-stated ideological orientation against corruption; those who want to give total service. We must know he cannot entrust such responsibility very easily.

“With a military coup against him, and 17 years of struggle, I think this young-old man, at 72, should be allowed to select the team he trusts most to face the security and economic challenges of Nigeria, as well as the lawlessness and impunity of the last administration.”

The northern leader argued that Buhari, who waited 17 years after which he contested the presidency four times, must have had an idea of the type of country he wants Nigeria to become.”

The former steel minister added, “This is the third month of his Presidency and he has not been given the chance to settle down. The people that are trying to play politics by saying that a section of the country has not been reflected (in his appointments) should tarry a little. We will be the first people to shout. He is bringing everybody in Nigeria on board.

“I think it is too early. If somebody is going to appoint someone that is going to be speaking on his behalf, should he go and appoint someone that he doesn’t trust? Should he appoint people that are going to compromise? Should he appoint people that don’t believe in him as a person?”

The elder statesman urged Nigerians, especially the Igbo, to wait till the President announces members of his cabinet. He further stated that it was right to remind President Buhari of “his obligations to morality,” which made him to fight the Biafran War to unite the country.

Source: http://nigeriainfohub.com/northern-elders-replies-ndigbo-buhari-is-appointing-only-those-he-can-trust/
Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by DahtzFestjayz: 9:01am On Aug 30, 2015
As
Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by INTROVERT(f): 9:01am On Aug 30, 2015
Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by SUGARBEE(f): 9:02am On Aug 30, 2015
Buhari is politically and ethnically biased.. Why the favoritism and nepotism in appointing leaders who would manage this country. .

He should be reminded that Nigeria is not one of his cow farms in daura

[size=15pt]#SUGARBEE[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 30, 2015
Nawaooo

barely 3months tongues age changing

the true colors are sprouting out

okorocha u brought this disease called Buharism to igbo land

we'll all unite in 2019 and speak with our PVC's

buhari it will never go well with u and ur northern vrothers

quote me and watch thunder strike

3 Likes

Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by delishpot: 9:07am On Aug 30, 2015
Shey pke the fear of non notherner is the begining of wisdom?
Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 30, 2015
FUNNy...

so buhari has not been given chance to settle down?
just d way GEJ was given chance kwo?

almost one year and tis too early to tell buhari to stop fooling himself

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by destino24(m): 9:08am On Aug 30, 2015
only those he can trust?

and I thought he was only appointing the "competent ones"

2 Likes

Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by erunz(m): 9:27am On Aug 30, 2015
Hmmmm well I wasn't expecting anything from buhari, that's y am not surprised at his appointment, the only set of people I feel pity for is the southwest, who despite wat GEJ did, they still claimed they were marginalized. I wonder what their complain will be this time, after buhari finish appointing people he trusts from the north.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 30, 2015
Trash

If it is the East acting like this would the North have accepted

cool hypocrisy

3 Likes

Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by derrick333(m): 9:42am On Aug 30, 2015
Pls we shud c wat he will come out wit ,
His 1st ministerial list was disregarded cus u pipo said he paraded corrupt criminals on the list, now he has listed out pipo he trusted u r still complaining! Haba,morova he cnt trust pipo dat r agitating for biafra ,if NA u nko?will u empower ur enemies? but baba buhari dis ur list sef bad oo
Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by IGBOSON1: 9:46am On Aug 30, 2015
I think these people need to shut up as the more they try to explain the unexplainable they dig a deeper hole for themselves!

It says a lot about your 'one Nigeria' when you stand up as president and say you can't or don't trust an entire ethnic group, region or zone! Ordinarily, the noble thing to do at this point would be to hand in your resignation seeing as you cannot abide to the pledge you made when being sworn in as President, and that you're incapable of treating the entire country fairly even after the elections are over! But then again this is Nigeria we're talking about....a country where reason and commonsense is stood on its head, and a place where dishonourable and criminal party and gov't officials arrogantly threaten you to do your worst in the face of clear constitutional and moral violations!

The mind boggles walahi! lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 30, 2015
undecided
Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by Crocz(m): 9:49am On Aug 30, 2015
SUGARBEE:
Buhari is politically and ethnically biased.. Why the favoritism and nepotism in appointing leaders who would manage this country. .
Some people are just quite very funny...cos you see the head of the pidgin to be white doesn't mean the entire body will be white. My point is, the man just made about 20% of the appointments...more are yet to come and you are already comatosing? The beginning of Jona's failure was the appointment of untrustworthy people into his close quarters, he said it himself that there were a lot of things going on he was never aware of cos they kept it from him. And to find such people, you need to have known them personally or someone you trust vouch for them. So chillace and reserve your wailing strength!
Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by dayo23(f): 9:51am On Aug 30, 2015
Nothing concern me...all I know is Buhari till»»»»»»»2050
Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by fulanimafia: 9:56am On Aug 30, 2015
They honestly should have ignored the wailers. The irony is that they often forget PMB retained the IGP and CBN Governor who are both southerners.

For those of us that elected Buhari, what we demand from him is performance, not appointments.
Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by eyeview: 9:57am On Aug 30, 2015
...And its only in the north that he can see people he can trust?
If from the south west to the south east to the south south,he can't see men and women he can trust,then he's not fit to be the president of the whole nigeria.
He deserves to be the president of northern nigerian from where he'll be visiting the president of west germany

3 Likes

Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by ArodewilliamsT: 10:02am On Aug 30, 2015
fulanimafia:
They honestly should have ignored the wailers. For those of us that elected Buhari, what we want from him is Performance, not appointments.

Mallam yerima, you were missing in action on this interesting thread. Why? grin

www.nairaland.com/2562275/hausa-fulani-wants-free-palestine
Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by fulanimafia: 10:05am On Aug 30, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

Mallam yerima, you were missing in action on this interesting thread. Why? grin

www.nairaland.com/2562275/hausa-fulani-wants-free-palestine

That's because you erroneously assumed my faith and leaning regarding the issue. Plus you're an irritant.
Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by Chubhie: 10:05am On Aug 30, 2015
PMB should appoint and trust me with money matters cos even Amaechi knows I don't like money.

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by chernest2002: 10:07am On Aug 30, 2015
Am happy my predictions are unfolding',in other words i don change my name to Prophet.

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by kennybabs1980: 10:13am On Aug 30, 2015
trust a Igbo man at your own peril, fake people
Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by Daluuzor(m): 10:13am On Aug 30, 2015
derrick333:
Pls we shud c wat he will come out wit ,
His 1st ministerial list was disregarded cus u pipo said he paraded corrupt criminals on the list, now he has listed out pipo he trusted u r still complaining! Haba,morova he cnt trust pipo dat r agitating for biafra ,if NA u nko?will u empower ur enemies? but baba buhari dis ur list sef bad oo

Keep ur FRIENDS close and your ENEMIES closer.
Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by derrick333(m): 10:31am On Aug 30, 2015
Daluuzor:

Keep ur FRIENDS close and your ENEMIES closer.
Not in dis case
Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by ArodewilliamsT: 10:32am On Aug 30, 2015
fulanimafia:

That's because you erroneously assumed my faith and leaning regarding the issue. Plus you're an irritant.

Am not an irritant, I am exactly what you are qualitatively, just that i"m ideologically at the direct opposite of where you stand. Regarding faith, are you a 'Christian fulani'.Please Enlighten us. grin

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by fulanimafia: 10:36am On Aug 30, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

Am not an irritant, I am exactly what you are qualitatively, just that i"m ideologically at the direct opposite of where you stand. Regarding faith, are you a 'Christian fulani'.Please Enlighten us. grin

So how are you not an irritant? Yes I'm Christian fulani.
Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by derrick333(m): 10:37am On Aug 30, 2015
fulanimafia:
They honestly should have ignored the wailers. The irony is that they often forget PMB retained the IGP and CBN Governor who are both southerners.

For those of us that elected Buhari, what we demand from him is performance, not appointments.
Brossss I de telll u its abt performance nt appointment Jare

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by ArodewilliamsT: 10:42am On Aug 30, 2015
fulanimafia:

So how are you not an irritant? Yes I'm Christian fulani.

So you are an infidel according to your Fulani brothers? Buhari and Junaid won't be happy hearing this. When the beheading of your likes starts in the nearest future by ISIS (Africa branch) feel free to run to Biafra for safety. You are always welcome. grin

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by omenka(m): 10:50am On Aug 30, 2015
SUGARBEE:

Just when you think you seen the dumbest of all, someone comes outta nowhere to blaze the trail!! Here's someone "accusing" a politician of political bias.

Rotflmao. cheesycheesy

Reminds me of Marylin Ogre and her "curious" discovery of computers, hard drives and other electronic devices in the APC data centre. grin

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by fulanimafia: 10:51am On Aug 30, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

So you are an infidel according to your Fulani brothers? Buhari and Junaid won't be happy hearing this. When the beheading of your likes starts in the nearest future by ISIS (Africa branch) feel free to run to Biafra for safety. You are always welcome. grin

Then it must be a miracle I and my progenitors have survived and prospered this far, I forever owe Nnamdi Kanu my allegiance.

See why you're an irritant? grin
Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by fulanimafia: 10:53am On Aug 30, 2015
omenka:
Just when you think you seen the dumbest of all, someone comes outta nowhere to blaze the trail!! Here's someone "accusing" a politician of political bias.

Rotflmao. cheesycheesy

Reminds me of Marylin Ogre and her "curious" discovery of computers, hard drives and other electronic devices in the APC data centre. grin

Re: Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust by SUGARBEE(f): 11:03am On Aug 30, 2015
omenka:

Rotflmao. cheesycheesy

Thanks dear grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Will Arrest Saraki Before Monday – IGP / 107 Dead In Army, Boko Haram Clash At Military Barracks In Yobe / Biafra Received Award At International Conference Of Indigenous People. Picture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.