Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,126 members, 7,887,256 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:50 AM

No APC Leader Complained About Buhari’s Appointments – Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No APC Leader Complained About Buhari’s Appointments – Lai Mohammed (967 Views)

Tinubu Not More Than State Level APC Leader, Akeredolu Suggests / Buhari Scraps Nigerian Film Village Plan After Muslim Clerics Complained / Table Showing Buhari’s Appointments By Geopolitical Zones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No APC Leader Complained About Buhari’s Appointments – Lai Mohammed by londonrivals: 2:42pm On Aug 30, 2015
The National Publicity Secretary, All Progressives Congress (APC), Alhaji Lai Mohammed in this interview in Lagos said by the time President Muhammadu Buhari makes his full appointments, all sections of the country would have been taken care of.

During the week, the President made some top appointments that have been generating negative comments from the people of the South West and South East, alleging that the President did not abide by the policy of federal character. What’s your reaction to this?

That is not true. Nigerians must be patient with the government regarding appointments. President Buhari will make about 2,000 appointments and by the time he completes necessary appointment, I assure you that no part of this country will complain again. People should not expect the government to balance the appointments from day one. I believe there are still more appointments to be made by the president. He has appointed less than 50 people so far and as I’ve said earlier, those that have just been appointed are people known to the president as competent and corrupt-free. They are the people that are familiar with President Buhari. They are people he could vouch for their integrity; they could be described as tested and trusted individuals. The president has to start somewhere, and as I’ve said, this is a government that has its focus and wanted to redeem electoral promises and take Nigeria to the desired level of development.

I think at this juncture in this country, we need re-orientation, we need to think more about citizenship and not indigeneship. The government has mauch work to do because of the level of the rot it met on ground. I believe this should be the focus of the people and rally round the government to make life better for all Nigerians irrespective of one’s state or tribe. We should not lay much emphasis on things like religion, section, tribe and the likes. These are what were promoted in the past that drew the nation backward for long. So, on the appointment, I assure Nigerians that by the time President Buhari completes the appointments of those that will work with him, Nigerians will understand and appreciate him.

But, it was reported that some leaders of your party, the APC were unhappy about the recent appointments?

Not at all. There was nothing like that.

Former Rivers State governor Rotimi Amaechi and his ex-Lagos counterpart, Babatunde Fashola were touted to be Secretary to the Government of the Federation and Chief of Staff respectively, but were not to be. Could this be as a result of alleged corruption in some quarters against them?

I think it will be very unfair to say both former governors were not made Secretary to the Government of the Federation or Chief of Staff as a result of allegations that cannot be substantiated. To me, that is a mere beer parlour gossip.

The President has been accused in some quarters of being selective, partisan and witch-hunting with his probe action. What’s your view about this?

The basic truth is that only those who have something to hide. Those who have skeletons in their cupboard are complaining about the government’s probe action. If one does not have something to hide, why complaining? It’s obvious there are corrupt people everywhere and in all sectors. It is natural to see or observed that more Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) members are being called upon to answer questions about what they have done because their party was in power for 16 consecutive years and Nigerians are witnessed to what they did to their country. Buhari’s administration inherited an empty treasury, the immediate past government owed salaries at federal and state levels. It was dexterity of the current administration that averted what could have been a serious industrial crisis. It’s obvious the last government mismanaged the nation’s economy. It was Buhari’s government that bailed out some states that have financial crises. Where are the billions made on behalf of the country in the last six years? The chunk of these money ended in private pockets and accounts here at home and overseas countries. That was the reason for the probe. So, those who are shouting selective or witch-hunting are not being truthful. The rot that took place under PDP’s administration was unbelievable. By the time the probe action starts, people will understand better. However, I don’t see anything selective or witch-hunting in the current war against corruption. Muslims and Christians have been quizzed. APC members have been quizzed. PDP members have been quizzed. Contractors have been invited for questioning. On the contrary, it was the corrupt people that are fighting back with their loot. They have lots of money to thrown around. They wanted to frustrate President Buhari’s war on corruption

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/08/no-apc-leader-complained-about-buharis.html

cc: lalasticlala ishilove
Re: No APC Leader Complained About Buhari’s Appointments – Lai Mohammed by londonrivals: 2:42pm On Aug 30, 2015
Re: No APC Leader Complained About Buhari’s Appointments – Lai Mohammed by harosho07(m): 2:46pm On Aug 30, 2015
justcamebackfromchurch
Re: No APC Leader Complained About Buhari’s Appointments – Lai Mohammed by IbrahimJafr: 2:48pm On Aug 30, 2015
Funny his name is Lai (Lie) Muhammad
Re: No APC Leader Complained About Buhari’s Appointments – Lai Mohammed by mrvitalis(m): 2:50pm On Aug 30, 2015
PDP keep worring about APC problems while PDP as a party keep dying

1 Like

Re: No APC Leader Complained About Buhari’s Appointments – Lai Mohammed by MikelEleta(m): 2:51pm On Aug 30, 2015
Enough of time wasting. Why is nobdy talking about the failure of Mr President nd his vice to declare their assets even after the internationally acceptable standard of judgement which is first 100days. Y is nobdy talking abt d failure of the political appointees to declare their assets as the president promised during the electioneering campaigns. Dis is were corruption starts cause wen dy steal we won't be able to decipher frm what dy had previously. God help dx country!!! B4 d condemnations OR Commendations starts knw dt "I believe in Buhari" buh issues still have to be said d way dy are
Re: No APC Leader Complained About Buhari’s Appointments – Lai Mohammed by madridguy(m): 2:52pm On Aug 30, 2015
As a Madridsta I don't give a damn if CR7 score or not what matter most is 3 points, as a Nigerian I will never allow any selfish,jobless,coward politician to use me for is personal gain all the name of it is only Hausa people Buhari his appointing. Buhari promised Change, he promised good governance, so his free to choose anyone to work with. GEJ followed the federal character and we all see how they mess his government. I know from the beginning that PMB will disappoint so many people.
Our bad politician always use their guillible followers as their mouth piece to achieve their personal gains. I don't care if PMB dissapoints Tinubu, OBJ, Amechi, and APC as a whole all I want is positive change. I mean change that will affect the general masses positively. PMB, carry go and God will continue to guide you to the right path.

APC
CHANGE

1 Like

Re: No APC Leader Complained About Buhari’s Appointments – Lai Mohammed by Ezenwammadu(m): 2:52pm On Aug 30, 2015
angry
Re: No APC Leader Complained About Buhari’s Appointments – Lai Mohammed by dunkem21(m): 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2015
So, who complained
grin
Re: No APC Leader Complained About Buhari’s Appointments – Lai Mohammed by MabraO: 2:56pm On Aug 30, 2015
londonrivals:
The National Publicity Secretary, All Progressives Congress (APC), Alhaji Lai Mohammed in this interview in Lagos said by the time President Muhammadu Buhari makes his full appointments, all sections of the country would have been taken care of.

During the week, the President made some top appointments that have been generating negative comments from the people of the South West and South East, alleging that the President did not abide by the policy of federal character. What’s your reaction to this?

That is not true. Nigerians must be patient with the government regarding appointments. President Buhari will make about 2,000 appointments and by the time he completes necessary appointment, I assure you that no part of this country will complain again. People should not expect the government to balance the appointments from day one. I believe there are still more appointments to be made by the president. He has appointed less than 50 people so far and as I’ve said earlier, those that have just been appointed are people known to the president as competent and corrupt-free. They are the people that are familiar with President Buhari. They are people he could vouch for their integrity; they could be described as tested and trusted individuals. The president has to start somewhere, and as I’ve said, this is a government that has its focus and wanted to redeem electoral promises and take Nigeria to the desired level of development.

I think at this juncture in this country, we need re-orientation, we need to think more about citizenship and not indigeneship. The government has mauch work to do because of the level of the rot it met on ground. I believe this should be the focus of the people and rally round the government to make life better for all Nigerians irrespective of one’s state or tribe. We should not lay much emphasis on things like religion, section, tribe and the likes. These are what were promoted in the past that drew the nation backward for long. So, on the appointment, I assure Nigerians that by the time President Buhari completes the appointments of those that will work with him, Nigerians will understand and appreciate him.

But, it was reported that some leaders of your party, the APC were unhappy about the recent appointments?

Former Rivers State governor Rotimi Amaechi and his ex-Lagos counterpart, Babatunde Fashola were touted to be Secretary to the Government of the Federation and Chief of Staff respectively, but were not to be. Could this be as a result of alleged corruption in some quarters against them?

I think it will be very unfair to say both former governors were not made Secretary to the Government of the Federation or Chief of Staff as a result of allegations that cannot be substantiated. To me, that is a mere beer parlour gossip.

The President has been accused in some quarters of being selective, partisan and witch-hunting with his probe action. What’s your view about this?

The basic truth is that only those who have something to hide. Those who have skeletons in their cupboard are complaining about the government’s probe action. If one does not have something to hide, why complaining? It’s obvious there are corrupt people everywhere and in all sectors. It is natural to see or observed that more Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) members are being called upon to answer questions about what they have done because their party was in power for 16 consecutive years and Nigerians are witnessed to what they did to their country. Buhari’s administration inherited an empty treasury, the immediate past government owed salaries at federal and state levels. It was dexterity of the current administration that averted what could have been a serious industrial crisis. It’s obvious the last government mismanaged the nation’s economy. It was Buhari’s government that bailed out some states that have financial crises. Where are the billions made on behalf of the country in the last six years? The chunk of these money ended in private pockets and accounts here at home and overseas countries. That was the reason for the probe. So, those who are shouting selective or witch-hunting are not being truthful. The rot that took place under PDP’s administration was unbelievable. By the time the probe action starts, people will understand better. However, I don’t see anything selective or witch-hunting in the current war against corruption. Muslims and Christians have been quizzed. APC members have been quizzed. PDP members have been quizzed. Contractors have been invited for questioning. On the contrary, it was the corrupt people that are fighting back with their loot. They have lots of money to thrown around. They wanted to frustrate President Buhari’s war on corruption

At bolded
Lai Mohammed u just said it all.
We should be talking about citizenship not na my tribesman
Taniods and wailers no go like This
It's in their nature to always wails

2 Likes

Re: No APC Leader Complained About Buhari’s Appointments – Lai Mohammed by Blakjewelry(m): 2:57pm On Aug 30, 2015
He is just acting his name Lai(lie)
Re: No APC Leader Complained About Buhari’s Appointments – Lai Mohammed by MabraO: 3:01pm On Aug 30, 2015
londonrivals:

At bolded
Lai Mohammed spoke the bitter truth
We should be thinking of citizen nd not indegeneship.
I know taniods won't like this
Anyways who cares it's in their nature to always wails

Re: No APC Leader Complained About Buhari’s Appointments – Lai Mohammed by Excellent7(m): 3:28pm On Aug 30, 2015
Perhaps he is trying to say it is the party policy!!! grin
Re: No APC Leader Complained About Buhari’s Appointments – Lai Mohammed by warrior01: 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2015
Of course no Apc leader has the temerity to speak out and condemn the evil actions of Buhari after all cowardice runs in their Dna. They can only murmur and quote unnamed sources via Punch newspaper which serves as their mouthpiece. Bunch of cowards that speaks from both sides of their mouth. No wonder, even the party chairman now looks so sick knowing fully well that they all entered one chance with the tribal bigot currently known as the president.
Re: No APC Leader Complained About Buhari’s Appointments – Lai Mohammed by Montaque(m): 5:08pm On Aug 30, 2015
Some APC stalwarts will get frustrated after the next round of appointment.
One more chance, hoping that the president will act accordingly.

(1) (Reply)

"We Are Running A Private Government In Nigeria"- Roadside Lunatic (photos+video / Car Accident: Akpabio Flown Out Of Nigeria For Treatment / Breaking!! US Government Says WEED(IGBO) Kills Cancer Cells!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.