Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,971 members, 7,873,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:21 AM

AFROBASKET2015 FINAL: Nigeria Vs. Angola 74 - 65 On 30th August 2015 - Sports (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFROBASKET2015 FINAL: Nigeria Vs. Angola 74 - 65 On 30th August 2015 (70869 Views)

GLO NPFL: Heartland Vs Warri Wolves (1 - 0) On 30th August 2015 / Enyimba Vs Kano Pillars (1 - 0) On 19th August 2015 / NPFL: Kano Pillars Vs Shooting Stars (4 - 0) On 16th August 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFROBASKET2015 FINAL: Nigeria Vs. Angola 74 - 65 On 30th August 2015 by Shymm3x: 9:58pm On Aug 31, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
Cp3 got more broken ankles than anybody last season grin.... Am yet to see a better ball handler than Curry... Irving is close.. Actually Curry is 6'3 and he played college ball labeled undersized and had to prove himself to be more than a shooter I just like the dude he made the NBA so interesting to watch last season can't wait for October... Who r u pitching to take the title? Id go for Spurs or GSW again grin

Lmao @ CP3 and Curry breaking his ankles. grin I think Curry has the smoothest handle - but I wouldn't say he's a better handler than both CP3 and Irving. Err, let me throw Jamal Crawford in there. Kemba Walker is up there as well.

I believe Curry played more as a SG in College, hence he was labelled undersized cos most SGs are over 6'4.

Spurs are loaded and GSW kept the same team. But if OKC can get healthy this season, they have more than enough talent, especially with Enes Kanter on the roaster now, to beat GSW easily and at least trouble Spurs. Then the clippers aren't bad as well. Lack of depth and mediocre wing play killed them last season. But I like the Paul Pierce addition. And Josh Smith should give them quality minutes.

Personally, I think the West is all up in the air for anyone to take. GSW were just lucky last season, especially with Spurs and Clippers meeting in the first round. Then the luck kept piling up when they played against a Grizzlies team with injured Conley. Got the Rockets who didn't even deserve to be in the conference finals. And played an injury depleted Cavs team. They won't get the same luck this season.

I'm picking Cavs to go all the way this season once they give Tristan Thompson his money. You can't bet against LeBron James, especially with how weak the Eastern conference is.

1 Like

Re: AFROBASKET2015 FINAL: Nigeria Vs. Angola 74 - 65 On 30th August 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 10:15pm On Aug 31, 2015
Shymm3x:

Nice. Same with me as well, but I was never good enough. Coupled with the fact my handle was rubbish. I just left it for football (I'm a talented footballer and I would've most likely made it to pro-level if I never broke my leg in sch, and my parents stopping me from playing too tough. But I still played till Uni level and played for my Uni). Anyway, I still play pick-up basketball whenever I can.
grin grin
Re: AFROBASKET2015 FINAL: Nigeria Vs. Angola 74 - 65 On 30th August 2015 by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 31, 2015
fairheven:

u dont get me before reply.nobody disputes with NBA.
what am saying is that NBA itself is looking for opportunity elsewhere to make the game more popular that is why there is an ongoing plans to have a regular season match outside the US,and Africa is the first point of call when it comes to attracting pull of talent and the reason is simple...BASKET BALL IS A BLACK MAN OR IF YOU LIKE,BLACK AMERICAN GAME.NBA already has a talent developement office in south africa as we speak.in other continent wat they look for is marketing and branding but in Africa its talents
Cool.... Neva knew Dat was wah u mean. True
Re: AFROBASKET2015 FINAL: Nigeria Vs. Angola 74 - 65 On 30th August 2015 by Harus(m): 11:19pm On Aug 31, 2015
Buhari's body language is already yielding result in basket ball. Well done PMB.
Re: AFROBASKET2015 FINAL: Nigeria Vs. Angola 74 - 65 On 30th August 2015 by shizzy7(f): 12:01am On Sep 01, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Oh... sorry 4 d mix up with Shane lawal and Jamal Olasawere seeing dat d latter is ur no.1.

And uhm... U gotta be kidding. What's this? I think I know the guy in 3rd position. Hmmm... If dis is d same guy, then that's a Shocker! ! !

Anyway, today was kinda cool. Still on a little holiday but a man gotta do what a man gotta do rite?

Trust u had a fine day urself... And hope u're really gonna consider putting dat tennis talent of urs to awesome use. *smiles*

*still basking in last night's euphoria*

Aren't you happy that you were included?? my day was okay
My tennis talent is still on my mind but its Lawn tennis, I can't play the table one because I get dizzy after some minutes...
Do you know when d'tigers will be playing next?? And is it only Nigeria &Angola that will represent Africa in the world tournament??.
Re: AFROBASKET2015 FINAL: Nigeria Vs. Angola 74 - 65 On 30th August 2015 by Calbarian(m): 12:08am On Sep 01, 2015
360command:
bro it depends on the country you are talking about. You cannot tell me that Albania basketball league is the highest rated in the world. From your words, you are using a continent to compare usAmerica.

I was referring to the Americas as a continent and not the US as a country. The EuroBasket league/competition is higher rated than the Americas' (and any other under FIBA). You must have missed me at the point where I refused to say 'Americas' as compared with 'American'.
Re: AFROBASKET2015 FINAL: Nigeria Vs. Angola 74 - 65 On 30th August 2015 by coobboy(m): 3:19am On Sep 01, 2015
Funjosh:

Thank God you ask yourself wetin you dey talk self grin
Lol
Re: AFROBASKET2015 FINAL: Nigeria Vs. Angola 74 - 65 On 30th August 2015 by gayeobasan(m): 10:48am On Sep 01, 2015
Congratulation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFROBASKET2015 FINAL: Nigeria Vs. Angola 74 - 65 On 30th August 2015 by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:21am On Sep 01, 2015
Happy?? When I know u're kidding? Give me a break. If u mean it, then prove it... *smiles*
D'TIGERS' next engagement is d AAG.

Why no dizziness during tennis but only table tennis? Does ur med. History hv any clues u mite know?

And uhm, 'lawn tennis' is an old name 4 d sport coz it's not played on grass lawns alone today. It's also played on clay and hard courts.

Naija makes it automatically to Rio. Angola and d oda 2 semifinalists join 13 oda teams in an olympic Qualifying tournament.
The next fiba wc is in china pr come 2019.

shizzy7:
Aren't you happy that you were included?? my day was okay
My tennis talent is still on my mind but its Lawn tennis, I can't play the table one because I get dizzy after some minutes...
Do you know when d'tigers will be playing next?? And is it only Nigeria &Angola that will represent Africa in the world tournament??.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

A Great White Shark Is Named After Kobe Bryant / Floyd Mayweather Acquires 2020 Bentley Continental And 2020 Rolls Royce Cullinan / Cute Photos Of Cristiano Ronaldo With His Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.